Page 435 of 944 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 23588

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Talk to the Grunt in the Pokemon Center. He should teleport you there.
    OHHH! Thanks very much!
    Pokemon Black Name: Teito
    Pokemon Black FC: 3869 6814 1896

E-Mail Address: firechick25@gmail.com (in case these forums keep getting messed up)
    Pokemon White 2 Name: Serena
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 5072 2733 1563

Pokemon Black 2 Name: Lyra
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4771 6442 6877

Pokemon X Name: Rochelle
    FC: 3754-7778-5065
    Friend Safari: Ice
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Bergmite, Snover, Cloyster

I have a UT Male Shiny Foongus for trade if anyone wants it! It's in my White 2 game!

Hi everybody, another quick question:

I recently have gotten back into Pokemon with White (so the GTS thing was completely new), and I had been trying to trade some bred starters for more Victini. I got about 4 or 5 more, but after reading about hacking, I released them all. Now I'm extremely worried that my game is going to go at any moment, and I'm afraid to transfer Celebi from SoulSilver in fear of losing it once the game goes. What's the official verdict about getting traded hacked Pokemon?

I threw out one Victini in a battle to check it out, and it was ok. The other just stayed in my PC, although I did check some of them with the Battle Subway Judge to see what their IV's looked like.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by FearOfTheDark View Post

I recently have gotten back into Pokemon with White (so the GTS thing was completely new), and I had been trying to trade some bred starters for more Victini. I got about 4 or 5 more, but after reading about hacking, I released them all. Now I'm extremely worried that my game is going to go at any moment, and I'm afraid to transfer Celebi from SoulSilver in fear of losing it once the game goes. What's the official verdict about getting traded hacked Pokemon?

I threw out one Victini in a battle to check it out, and it was ok. The other just stayed in my PC, although I did check some of them with the Battle Subway Judge to see what their IV's looked like.

Thanks for the help.
    Don't worry, nothing will happen to your game. Hacked Pokemon can't cause major damage to the game.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Thanks for the help.
    You'll be fine, according to my brother, you can't even trade hacked pokemon on the GTS. Anyway, you've been trading for Victinis on the days the event is still open, so the chance they are hacked is also greatly reduced.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    Don't worry, nothing will happen to your game. Hacked Pokemon can't cause major damage to the game.
    One of them was also holding a Smoke Ball...if the item was copied/hacked, am I still ok too?

One of them was also holding a Smoke Ball...if the item was copied/hacked, am I still ok too?
    Yup, you're fine.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

When using the PokeTransfer, is your 4th generation game obliged to save at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by ludicolo_kid View Post
    When using the PokeTransfer, is your 4th generation game obliged to save at some point?
    Yes. In order to transfer over a Pokemon, both games save--otherwise, one could easily clone Pokemon by transferring them over from a 4th Gen game and then not saving on their 4th Gen game. The transfer is permanent--once you send over Pokemon, both games save and those Pokemon are permanently on the 5th Gen game.

QUESTION!
    (did that to get your attention, unlike last time.)

I have two Scraggy. Scraggy have low speed and sp. atk, good-enough attack, and high defenses. Thing is, I cannot decide which one to send over.

One is Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.A), with "Good Endurance" (High Def IV). Her ability is Moxie. Her stats are:
    HP: 41
    Atk: 30
    Def: 28
    Sp.A: 15
    Sp.D: 26
    Spd: 23

The other is Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.A), and is "very finicky" (High Sp. D IV). Her ability is Shed Skin. Her stats are:
    Atk: 31
    Def: 27
    Sp.A: 18
    Sp.D: 30
    Spd: 20

Both are level 15 and have battled the same Pokemon (and thus, received the same EVs).

I just cannot decide. The Jolly one has higher Speed and Defense stats, and yet her Attack stat is just one point lower than the Adamant one, which has an Attack-beneficial nature. I fear that the Adamant Scraggy has a lower Atk IV.

So, my questions are this:

-Will the Nature or IV be ultimately more influential on a Pokemon by the time it's fully-grown, and (in regards to this particular situation)
    -Which Scraggy, when abilities are also taken into account, would be better to choose? Is Moxie a better ability for Scraggy than Shed Skin?

I have a Dream World Pokemon. Now what can I do with it? Whats so special about it?
    Please check the signature rules. Images cannot be wider than 600 pixels.
    [img*]http://s18.postimg.org/59nc73nux/matt36_zpsfe389af4.png[/img*]

Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
    I have a Dream World Pokemon. Now what can I do with it? Whats so special about it?
    Might have an alternate ability, otherwise nothing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Grei, check the IVs.
    It's hard to say now since it'll only be completely noticeable at lv.100.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Yes. In order to transfer over a Pokemon, both games save--otherwise, one could easily clone Pokemon by transferring them over from a 4th Gen game and then not saving on their 4th Gen game. The transfer is permanent--once you send over Pokemon, both games save and those Pokemon are permanently on the 5th Gen game.

QUESTION!
    (did that to get your attention, unlike last time.)

I have two Scraggy. Scraggy have low speed and sp. atk, good-enough attack, and high defenses. Thing is, I cannot decide which one to send over.

One is Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.A), with "Good Endurance" (High Def IV). Her ability is Moxie. Her stats are:
    Atk: 30
    Def: 28
    Sp.A: 15
    Sp.D: 26
    Spd: 23

The other is Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.A), and is "very finicky" (High Sp. D IV). Her ability is Shed Skin. Her stats are:
    Atk: 31
    Def: 27
    Sp.A: 18
    Sp.D: 30
    Spd: 20

Both are level 15 and have battled the same Pokemon (and thus, received the same EVs).

I just cannot decide. The Jolly one has higher Speed and Defense stats, and yet her Attack stat is just one point lower than the Adamant one, which has an Attack-beneficial nature. I fear that the Adamant Scraggy has a lower Atk IV.

So, my questions are this:

-Will the Nature or IV be ultimately more influential on a Pokemon by the time it's fully-grown, and (in regards to this particular situation)
    -Which Scraggy, when abilities are also taken into account, would be better to choose? Is Moxie a better ability for Scraggy than Shed Skin?
    a nature is 10%, and an iv is worth upto 31 stat points at lvl100, so it depends on its base power which would be better in the endup if ev'd, shed skin can be used for some good combos and stuff, it really depends on what its moveset is when picking ability
    Zoruas, pokerus, IV breeding...
    Im a Psychic Gym leader at Pokemasters!

Spoiler:- Gen V egg moves:

Spoiler:- Gen IV only moves:

[IMG]http://i45.*******.com/33x7btc.jpg[/IMG]
    Northern Lights<3
    SETH white fc:
    0948-1492-0035
    GMT+1
    The Mineral League.
    PM me for more info.

Which Scraggy, when abilities are also taken into account, would be better to choose? Is Moxie a better ability for Scraggy than Shed Skin?
    Take the SpD IV, Adamant, Shed Skin Scrafty. It would make one heck of a defensive Poke with Bulk Up and Rest. A defensive nature would be better, but Adamant is still great.

Jolly is not the best for Scrafty, IMO. You can go Dragon Dance if you decide to go for the Jolly. But I think defensive Scrafty is more effective.

if i have a male pokemon with outrage that is able to breed with nidoqueen, can the children learn it since they have it as a Gen IV tutor move? or for stealth rock which was a tm?

Northern Lights<3
    SETH white fc:
    0948-1492-0035
    GMT+1
    The Mineral League.
    PM me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaneHippo View Post
    if i have a male pokemon with outrage that is able to breed with nidoqueen, can the children learn it since they have it as a Gen IV tutor move? or for stealth rock which was a tm?
    Nidoqueen can't breed.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Tutor moves are not breedable to the child. Stealth Rock can be passed as an egg move in 5th gen, but the child has to be able to learn it.

Edit: But yeah, Nidoqueen is unbreedable, so you'll need another Pokemon as the female.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

No. You can only pass down egg moves, TM/HM moves in the current generation, or level-up moves (if both parents know it). Besides, Nidoran-F couldn't learn either move by any means, even in the 4th gen.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    No. You can only pass down egg moves, TM/HM moves in the current generation, or level-up moves (if both parents know it). Besides, Nidoran-F couldn't learn either move by any means, even in the 4th gen.
    i was looking at nidokings page at the time and thought the example would work, but looking at nido-M he couldnt learn the tm at all anyway

Northern Lights<3
    SETH white fc:
    0948-1492-0035
    GMT+1
    The Mineral League.
    PM me for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Might have an alternate ability, otherwise nothing.
    So completely and utterly pointless =/ wow

Former owner of "Matt's Shack" - The most successful GEN 5 shop until closure, giving Pokemon at the start of the Generation! Starting a fresh for Gen 6!

If you don't make use of the abilities, at least they're good trading fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
    So completely and utterly pointless =/ wow
    well no, some pokemon available in the dream world arent available from just B/W, and some have egg moves if you do good on the minigame

Northern Lights<3
    SETH white fc:
    0948-1492-0035
    GMT+1
    The Mineral League.
    PM me for more info.

well no, some pokemon available in the dream world arent available from just B/W, and some have egg moves if you do good on the minigame
    Hmm, OK. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic View Post
    Take the SpD IV, Adamant, Shed Skin Scrafty. It would make one heck of a defensive Poke with Bulk Up and Rest. A defensive nature would be better, but Adamant is still great.

Jolly is not the best for Scrafty, IMO. You can go Dragon Dance if you decide to go for the Jolly. But I think defensive Scrafty is more effective.
    Both of them have the current movesets of Zen Headbutt, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, and Faint Attack.

My main splitting point is the ability. I reckon both will be fairly good, but my last Scrafty had Moxie, and I loved it. That was an awesome ability, but I remember many times when I thought, "a Shed Skin Scrafty would be really useful right now," so I wasn't sure which ability does better for it. I'm not one for ShedRest, but being able to heal itself of Poison, Burn, Paralysis, or Freeze (or Confusion?) sounds nice.

In response to ArkaneHippo, it seems like there will be a more significant difference in the Adamant Scraggy's attack in comparison to the Jolly Scraggy's speed, since its speed is so low. If I understand Natures (and what you said) correctly, 10% of the base value of the stat is added to the stat itself by Level 100... right?

So a Jolly nature would have a less-noticeable impact on Scraggy's speed than an Adamant nature would have on Scraggy's attack?

Hmm. In that case, maybe going with the Adamant one is the better option. Even if it has a lower Attack IV than the Jolly Scraggy, I think its Attack will ultimately be higher. I just worry that the Jolly one will ultimately be a better battler with Moxie and Dragon Dance boosts, since its speed will already be higher than the average Scrafty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
    Curious though, when you get someone to join your forest/city, do they actually leave the person who you got them froms city/forest? Or will they still be there for that person? I'm kind of hoping for the former, because having to wait for them to leave so I can get more people would be annoying, I'd rather trade them between friends.
    Thought I would bump this, nobody answered and I'd like to know, the main site doesn't really mention if anything happens to them or not.
    Shiny Hunt:
    (RE/April 9) (RNGMay 6) (Future RNG)
    (Future RNG) (MMing) (Future MM)
    (Future RNG Egg) (Future RNG Egg)

My pokemon black game isn't having daily swarms anymore. Also I'm not getting any props from the prop guy and I only have like 20 if not less. My game has only been played in this ds and I don't even own a AR so corruption would be impossible, I think. What's wrong with my game? I'm sure all of my other daily events are working.
    Best Shiny Ever
    Baby Umbreon

Spoiler:- Current Pokemon Team:

Black FC: 3482 1868 9347
    Name: Arcina

Page 435 of 944 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast