Page 703 of 944 FirstFirst ... 603653693699700701702703704705706707713753803 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,575 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

  1. #17551
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Santos, San Andreas
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. BrickaBracka View Post
    oh well. It's like when I found out sheer force didn't take the confusion off outrage. Makes rock slide a better choice than stone edge in my opinion. since with sheer force it's base power with STAB is 149 versus stone edge's 150 but has 10% more accuracy and gets the life orb boost without recoil. Or am I wrong in assuming that??

    One more question: How does one go about getting Dream World abilities? can you migrate from platinum or D/P and still get them??
    1. It depends on your taste. I personally like stone edge's high crit ratio, it has saved me a few time.
    2. Send a pokemon to the dream world. First make an account on pokemon-gl.com (?...could be wrong) and then sync it with your game. The website will tell you everything from there.

  2. #17552
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    2. Send a pokemon to the dream world. First make an account on pokemon-gl.com (?...could be wrong) and then sync it with your game. The website will tell you everything from there.
    Here's a link to the Dreamworld site.

    Also, you can breed Dream World abilities if the female parent has them (but only if bred with a male. Doesn't work with Ditto).

    Quote Originally Posted by STUD View Post
    EDIT: If it is a FEMALE with the DW ability then yes you can. I belive you have to breed it with a male of the same species and then you have a 50% chance of passing down the DW ability.
    I don't think the male has to be the same species. Just as long as it's not Ditto, a female with the Hidden Ability has a chance of passing the DW Ability.

    EDIT: Question. I know it has been answered before but I've searched through pages and pages and can't find it mentioned . . . Anyway, when are Tornadus/Thunderus's stats/nature/etc. determined? When you hear about the storm from the gatekeeper on Route 10 or when/after you've talked to the old lady on Route 7?
    Last edited by Ememew; 18th August 2011 at 11:20 PM.

  3. #17553
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indem Tharr Hills.
    Posts
    22

    Default

    thanks man, ya've effectively erased all my confusions.
    Friend Code: 3110-4834-5981

  4. #17554
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina USA
    Posts
    190

    Default EV training on Yamask?

    Maybe wrong thread, sorry, but does pertain to a question.

    I was EV training my Yamask (I think I understand the term, those stat enhancers like Protein, Calcium, etc.) through 'Wings' off of Driftveil Drawbridge. I was using hundreds of them with what appeared to be no stopping or end in sight, when I wondered when it would stop. I took a two-month break from White, only recently starting again & Yamask has stopped excepting them. Did I max-out right at that moment when I stopped two months ago or did that hiatus limited more what Yamask could intake?

    On the other hand, my Cofragriis?, who was helping Yamask battle for Experience Points, takes those wings, although an evolved form.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

  5. #17555
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,994

    Default

    One Pokemon can only have 255 EVs invested in a single stat, and 510 total.

  6. #17556
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No it will not.
    Thanks, that's what I figured, but I don't know the maths for stuff like that, so I figured I'd ask just in case.

  7. #17557
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    Maybe wrong thread, sorry, but does pertain to a question.

    I was EV training my Yamask (I think I understand the term, those stat enhancers like Protein, Calcium, etc.) through 'Wings' off of Driftveil Drawbridge. I was using hundreds of them with what appeared to be no stopping or end in sight, when I wondered when it would stop. I took a two-month break from White, only recently starting again & Yamask has stopped excepting them. Did I max-out right at that moment when I stopped two months ago or did that hiatus limited more what Yamask could intake?

    On the other hand, my Cofragriis?, who was helping Yamask battle for Experience Points, takes those wings, although an evolved form.
    Like a Person said, there is a max, which you must have just hit when you stopped two months ago. But the wings grant a single EV in the proper category, so you could definitely be giving Yamask a ton of wings before hitting the limit if they didn't have many EV's in that category already.

  8. #17558
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina USA
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mienshao View Post
    Like a Person said, there is a max, which you must have just hit when you stopped two months ago. But the wings grant a single EV in the proper category, so you could definitely be giving Yamask a ton of wings before hitting the limit if they didn't have many EV's in that category already.
    Thank you to you, & Person.

    So maybe I did hit 510 wings, or less depending on what it had, already?

    I just know it was still going 2 months ago. the only thing that changed was a couple seasons changed, & this special Yamask of mine leveled up 2 more times since I restarted to L42.

    So is it best I hatch another Yamask like I had before, with my desired nature like I had it, and pour on those stat wings from Level 1? Can be dreadful but worthwhile I guess.

    Also evolved forms of Pokemon can be tougher to EV from what I understand, right?
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

  9. #17559
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    Thank you to you, & Person.

    So maybe I did hit 510 wings, or less depending on what it had, already?

    I just know it was still going 2 months ago. the only thing that changed was a couple seasons changed, & this special Yamask of mine leveled up 2 more times since I restarted to L42.

    So is it best I hatch another Yamask like I had before, with my desired nature like I had it, and pour on those stat wings from Level 1? Can be dreadful but worthwhile I guess.

    Also evolved forms of Pokemon can be tougher to EV from what I understand, right?
    Yeah, you must have already reached the total possible. Taking a break does nothing to EV gain.

    Evolved Pokemon can be EV'd too, so long as they haven't already earned EVs. EV training doesn't just start when you decide to, it happens in every battle the Pokemon takes part in without fainting. If something already has EVs in stat(s) you don't want them in, you'll need to use EV lowering berries (available via dreamworld) to reset them so you can re-EV.

    For your Yamask, just keep track of how many wings/battles you've done this time if you're worried about doing it right.

    EDIT: Anyway, when are the roamers' (Tornadus/Thunderus) stats/nature/shinyness set? When you hear about the storm or when/after you talk to the old lady? I've been searching through page after page and haven't seen the answer. I know it was asked/answered before but can't find it, sorry.

    EDIT EDIT: Nevermind, searched a few hundred pages and found it (route 7).
    Last edited by Ememew; 19th August 2011 at 3:25 AM.

  10. #17560
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    162

    Default

    I traded my thunderus before I went to catch landorus. So I went on GTS and got another thunderus and traded my tornados from my black. Now when I go to the shrine and click on it to battle landorus, he never appears. Does he only appear at a certain time/season or is it because the thunderus I got on GTS is probably hacked. Please help because landorus is the last pokemon I need to complete my Unova dex.
        Spoiler:- READ THIS:

        Spoiler:- LOOKING FOR:

    DO NOT TRADE ME HACKS!! Clones and RNGs are acceptable

    ^credit to stonE EdgE for the user bar^

  11. #17561
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigman82 View Post
    I traded my thunderus before I went to catch landorus. So I went on GTS and got another thunderus and traded my tornados from my black. Now when I go to the shrine and click on it to battle landorus, he never appears. Does he only appear at a certain time/season or is it because the thunderus I got on GTS is probably hacked. Please help because landorus is the last pokemon I need to complete my Unova dex.
    Unfortuantly to activate the Landorus event you need the Tornadus/Thunderus from your game and with your id. Im not sure theres another way to get it.
    White Friend Code-1162-9056-0559

  12. #17562
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina USA
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Yeah, you must have already reached the total possible. Taking a break does nothing to EV gain.

    Evolved Pokemon can be EV'd too, so long as they haven't already earned EVs. EV training doesn't just start when you decide to, it happens in every battle the Pokemon takes part in without fainting. If something already has EVs in stat(s) you don't want them in, you'll need to use EV lowering berries (available via dreamworld) to reset them so you can re-EV.

    For your Yamask, just keep track of how many wings/battles you've done this time if you're worried about doing it right.
    So my Yamask fainting in a battle (has happened, I was over-confident.) heightens OR lowers EV. And after which, if I want him perfect, what do I do next?

    Also I think I get it. Never battle at all til you're maxed-out. Am I right?
    Last edited by ShinyGoogleplex; 19th August 2011 at 4:34 AM.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

  13. #17563
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oliverR View Post
    Unfortuantly to activate the Landorus event you need the Tornadus/Thunderus from your game and with your id. Im not sure theres another way to get it.
    Oh man X( oh well I'll just ask someone to trade me there's and then I'll trade it back
        Spoiler:- READ THIS:

        Spoiler:- LOOKING FOR:

    DO NOT TRADE ME HACKS!! Clones and RNGs are acceptable

    ^credit to stonE EdgE for the user bar^

  14. #17564
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    So my Yamask fainting in a battle (has happened, I was over-confident.) heightens OR lowers EV. And after which, if I want him perfect, what do I do next?
    No, if you participate in a battle without fainting, you get EVs. If you happen to faint or flee the fight you just don't earn any from that battle, it doesn't lower it at all.

    Start with an untrained Yamask (or reset any EVs you're earned with certain berries from the Dream World). First decide how many of any EV you want (HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and/or Special Defense). From there, check to see if you have any items (wings/vitamins) that will raise the EVs you want.

    Start with vitamins as they add 10 to the stat they affect but only work until you reach 100 in that stat (or 510 overall).
    Next use wings (+1 per use, no limit to when they can be used until you've maxed a stat/have 510 overall) or battle wild Pokemon that give you the EVs you want (flee from all fights that give anything other than what you want) until you reach the numbers you're aiming for. You can check the Dex on the main site to find out who gives what EV.

    You can also use Macho Brace or Power items to increase EV gain from wild battles. If you're lucky enough to have PokeRus this will also double the EVs from wild battles (but not from items, sadly).

    Just make sure you have a way of keeping track of how many points you've earned so far (tally marks on a sheet of paper or the like are helpful).

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by bigman82 View Post
    Oh man X( oh well I'll just ask someone to trade me there's and then I'll trade it back
    Well, the Tornadus has your own ID from your Black Version, right? Just trade both Tornadus and Thunderus back to that one and you'll be able to activate the Landorus there because Tornadus will have the right ID number for the save file.
    Last edited by Ememew; 19th August 2011 at 4:43 AM.

  15. #17565
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina USA
    Posts
    190

    Default

    ^Thanks so much.

    I'm now having all my desired poke natures bred, & I'll just "Wing" them up. I do have PokeRus too, same effect though?
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

  16. #17566
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,994

    Default

    Pokerus doubles the EVs you get from battles, and applies to the Macho Brace and Power item boosts. It does not boost EVs obtained via Wings or steroids.

    Honestly, Wings suck Frmr. Gov. Harry Baals. Rather than combing Bridges and having a miniscule chance of having the right Wing turn up to give you one EV, it's far easier to infect with Pokerus, give a Power item, and just kill twenty or so wild Pokemon.

  17. #17567
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex View Post
    ^Thanks so much.

    I'm now having all my desired poke natures bred, & I'll just "Wing" them up. I do have PokeRus too, same effect though?
    Pokerus only affects EVs earned through battling. Just make sure what you're battling gives the right EVs, as it's typically quicker to farm wild battles for points than it is to find Wings.

    This thread has a lot of info about EVs and should answer most questions. Additionally, this page has details about Effort Values and even has a list at the bottom for the best places to train for each, battle-wise.

  18. #17568
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,690

    Default

    Adding into what a person said above, the Yamask do not have to be the one who defeated the Pokemon.

    It gains EVs as long as it gains EXP, so just switch.

    A Pokemon fainting do not raise or lower its EV, it only affect its Happiness.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  19. #17569
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DD dark World
    Posts
    640

    Default

    If I traded the eggs of MM-breed,will the chance of being shinyincrease?
    Collecting Events.
    Looking for

    Korean Shinsagae Entei 10300
    Time Square Shaymin Korean 05010

  20. #17570
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by de_darkrai View Post
    If I traded the eggs of MM-breed,will the chance of being shinyincrease?
    What exactly do you mean? If you used the eggs you got from doing the Masuda Method? Your odds can't increase further than the 1/1366 from using the Masuda Method.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #17571
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DD dark World
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Yeah,If I used the egg of the parents I got and traded 'em to other game...will the odd increase?

    Well,if it don't,nvm then, Thanks anyway
    Collecting Events.
    Looking for

    Korean Shinsagae Entei 10300
    Time Square Shaymin Korean 05010

  22. #17572
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by de_darkrai View Post
    Yeah,If I used the egg of the parents I got and traded 'em to other game...will the odd increase?

    Well,if it don't,nvm then, Thanks anyway
    That would decrease your chance, unless you were trading one to another language game. The Masuda Method only works if both Pokemon are from a different language game.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  23. #17573
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DD dark World
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Okae dokie.thanks
    Collecting Events.
    Looking for

    Korean Shinsagae Entei 10300
    Time Square Shaymin Korean 05010

  24. #17574
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the sky with diamonds
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Pokemergency!

    I just accidentally levelled up my Petilil to 28. D'oh! If I evolve her now, will she be able to remember Quiver Dance via Move Tutor heart scale, or have I just royally screwed up and its out of her moveset for good??
    - Hiatus Notice -

    I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

    I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

    It's been a fun 3 years ~

  25. #17575
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    Pokemergency!

    I just accidentally levelled up my Petilil to 28. D'oh! If I evolve her now, will she be able to remember Quiver Dance via Move Tutor heart scale, or have I just royally screwed up and its out of her moveset for good??
    Of course it can.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 703 of 944 FirstFirst ... 603653693699700701702703704705706707713753803 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •