Page 825 of 944 FirstFirst ... 725775815821822823824825826827828829835875925 ... LastLast
Results 20,601 to 20,625 of 23588

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    They do appear all the time, if you soft reset for them that is.

Yes, you can soft reset for the Nimbasa Stadium trainers, they are not predetermined at the start of the day.

In fact, that is how I got 8 Rare Candies per week, 7 from Nimbasa (one per day), 1 from Royal Unova on Sunday.
    There's a Nursery Aide in Nimbasa Stadium that gives a Rare Candy upon defeat, I'm soft resetting for that

Just save in front of the stadium, enter the stadium, then check if the trainer you want is there, if not, then soft reset.

However, remember that you are SR-ing for BOTH stadiums, you can't battle a trainer in one stadium then soft reset for the other stadium, even if you haven't visit the other stadium at all.

So you have to check both stadium, not just one of them, as the trainer you want may be in the other stadium instead.
    wow shine cool info I didn't know that, but why rare candy? why not PP Max? + the 7 PP Up you can get weekly
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Hey, arceus dont appear in entree forest and i did all right, any help ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheGokuPt View Post
    Did you wake up your sleeping Pokemon before checking the forest?

yes... i did

yes... i did
    Did you checked all rooms? I think the Arceus is in the last room, as some people here noticed that too.

Now, into my reply to the question I made yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonXmicro View Post
    Well,

First, you can use the vitamins. If that fills wut u need, then ur done. If not,
    Make sure it has/has had pokerus. Then make it hold the power item.
    Place it up first in ur party.
    Then do encounters that give the evs you need. Fo hp, if you have unlocked libety garden, and have not caught victini, use it. After pkrs and power item, it gives 14 hp.
    If it is not powafil enuff to kill w/ one shot, just swich out to a diff pkmn.
    I'm training Elgyem olding a Power and then switch out to a stronger Pokémon to get the 10 EV's in SpA I need. About the Victini, I got my game after the end of the Events, so I can't see Victini in Liberty Garden. And of couse, I already train every 'mon with Pokérus xD Vitamins can be good to get the train faster, so it's always a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Unless you have berries to take away unwanted EVs, you don't have much choice other than switching out or using EXP share (with the obvious side effect of not being able to use Power items).
    I'll try get some EV-reducing berries to made the EV train easily. This can be very good when battling with Morimoto, as I can use 1 berry to remove almost all EV's (all EV's without Pokérus) I can get by battle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    They do appear all the time, if you soft reset for them that is.

Yes, you can soft reset for the Nimbasa Stadium trainers, they are not predetermined at the start of the day.

In fact, that is how I got 8 Rare Candies per week, 7 from Nimbasa (one per day), 1 from Royal Unova on Sunday.
    There's a Nursery Aide in Nimbasa Stadium that gives a Rare Candy upon defeat, I'm soft resetting for that

Just save in front of the stadium, enter the stadium, then check if the trainer you want is there, if not, then soft reset.

However, remember that you are SR-ing for BOTH stadiums, you can't battle a trainer in one stadium then soft reset for the other stadium, even if you haven't visit the other stadium at all.

So you have to check both stadium, not just one of them, as the trainer you want may be in the other stadium instead.
    lol, actually I soft reseted once for trainers in Stadiums, but I gave up because the nurse didn't appear xD
    Well, I'll try to soft reset too to take some Rare Candies, nurses and PP Max. Then I can advance the HP EV training and get rare Items too.

So, basically I'll train by switch out, get EV-Reducing Berries and Soft reset in front of Stadiums. Well, all I can say is thank you for the answers! Hopefully the answers will help me with EV train (:

Yes,i check all rooms.

It should be in the last room(the top middle one)
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Yes,i check all rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    It should be in the last room(the top middle one)
    Yeah, but he said he chacked all rooms. Are you sure that, when your 'mon was dreaming, about to wake up, Arceus' sprite came up from the dream and went down? (Supposedly, the 'mon will wake up)

Bulbapedia says that Black City has a max occupancy of 45...but that you only get 10 trainers.
    1. What
    2. How do I get replace people? Do I just ignore the ones I don't want until they go away?
    3. Is there anything that determines which characters spawn in the Entralink White Forest? Or is it random?

Ideally I want to nab the other 8 (I have Fire Stone dude) evo stone people since they're the only worthwhile things to get in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Bulbapedia says that Black City has a max occupancy of 45...but that you only get 10 trainers.
    1. What
    2. How do I get replace people? Do I just ignore the ones I don't want until they go away?
    3. Is there anything that determines which characters spawn in the Entralink White Forest? Or is it random?

Ideally I want to nab the other 8 (I have Fire Stone dude) evo stone people since they're the only worthwhile things to get in the market.
    Bulbapedia has it wrong. There are 45 possible residents, but you can only have 10 in your City/Forest at once.

The only way to get rid of someone is to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Bulbapedia has it wrong. There are 45 possible residents, but you can only have 10 in your City/Forest at once.

The only way to get rid of someone is to ignore them.
    Gotcha
    Now for supplementary questions: I know that each trainer has their base starting value, but can they be increased beyond that? It will help give a good judge of just how long I have to wait before they leave.

edit: for example I have Youngster Robbie, a base 30 dude. I've had him in my city for like 3 days so that's +24 (-15, +9, +30); would he be sitting at 54 meaning I have to wait two weeks for him to clear out?
    Last edited by R_N; 9th February 2012 at 11:24 PM.

So did you put a Pokemon to sleep, enter the password in the Promotions tab, accept to befriend Arceus, exit the Dream World and wake up (taking befriended Pokemon with you), wake up your Pokemon using Game Sync, and then go to the Entralink and check all of the rooms in the forest? For me, he was two rooms north of the entrance room.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by outoftheordinary View Post
    Hi all,

I see that most people have the legendaries that are obtained via wi-fi events, and other sources. How does one get them?
    Do you have to have wireless internet and get them from the 'Mystery Gift' option? :/ I don't have wi-fi at home, and it's embarrassing cause I've been playing Pokemon for years and I've never participated in these events.

I know it's obviously too late to obtain the past events, but I'm just wondering how to get the Arceus now?
    For reference I am located in Australia. Thank you to anyone who can answer this!
    For arceus you need wireless + a pokemon global link account.you need to use dream world to obtain it.
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Default Tyranitar ability confusion

Hey! This will be my first post in these forums^^

I'm currently breeding for a tyranitar. I want it to have the sand stream ability, but serebii says it can get another ability as well. And then I noticed that larvitar gets neither of those abilities.
    So, my question is, does larvitar's ablity decide which ability I will get on tyranitar when it evolves from pupitar?

Quote Originally Posted by blazox View Post

I'm currently breeding for a tyranitar. I want it to have the sand stream ability, but serebii says it can get another ability as well. And then I noticed that larvitar gets neither of those abilities.
    So, my question is, does larvitar's ablity decide which ability I will get on tyranitar when it evolves from pupitar?
    Tyranitar only has one standard ability, Sand Stream. The other ability is only obtainable when breeding if you have a female member of the Tyranitar line with her Dream World ability. You won't have to worry about getting the correct ability, as all Larvitar with Guts evolve into Sand Stream Tyranitar.

Quote Originally Posted by blazox View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Tyranitar only has one standard ability, Sand Stream. The other ability is only obtainable when breeding if you have a female member of the Tyranitar line with her Dream World ability. You won't have to worry about getting the correct ability, as all Larvitar with Guts evolve into Sand Stream Tyranitar.
    Also, if you use the Pokedex on Serebii.net (the site you probably went through to get to these forums) you can tell what ability a pokemon will have when it evolves. If serebii list the ability as the 1st one (or the top one, depending on how you think of it) then the evolution will have the first ability as well. For example, a Staryu with the Natural Cure ability, the second ability listed in the Serebii pokedex, will always have the second ability. For Strayu/Starmie this means it will always be natural cure and it will never switch to illuminate. Its the same for all pokemon. Also, the last ability listed is always the Dream World (DW) ability and can only be obtained via the DW or through breeding a DW female with that ability. Note though, not every pokemon has a DW ability and the breeding cannot be done with a ditto or the DW ability will never get passed on
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Is anyone else having trouble with the promotions on the Pokemon Global Link website? If I click on any of the promotions, it will load to 100% but still remain blank. Everything else on the website loads, including Dream World. Can anyone help?
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Quote Originally Posted by Chimecho3000 View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with the promotions on the Pokemon Global Link website? If I click on any of the promotions, it will load to 100% but still remain blank. Everything else on the website loads, including Dream World. Can anyone help?
    Try using a different browser, or clearing your cache. You can reload a page without using the cache by pressing Shift+F5, that might work too.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Two wifi-related problems.

1) With one friend, when we go to register each other in our Pal Pads, it says the friend code is wrong. We're definitely not making mistakes while entering them. Does anyone know what the problem is? He's using a 3DS and I'm on a DS Lite.

2) With another friend, we can see each other in the wifi room and contact each other, but after the greeting, it says it's communicating, but always says something like the other failed to respond instead of the menu (trade, battle etc.). Any ideas about this one? I can connect with other people and the GTS fine.

Ok, the 1st problems answer; you need to enter the 3DS fc,not the game fc,or so ive heard......
    2nd answer,keep trying,or maby they are having bad connection

My question,is there any way to clone on white/black without action replay???
    フェージングのエコー

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno&Cubone View Post
    You can upload something to Pokecheck and download it again, but there aren't any in-game glitches that allow you to.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Two wifi-related problems.

1) With one friend, when we go to register each other in our Pal Pads, it says the friend code is wrong. We're definitely not making mistakes while entering them. Does anyone know what the problem is? He's using a 3DS and I'm on a DS Lite.

2) With another friend, we can see each other in the wifi room and contact each other, but after the greeting, it says it's communicating, but always says something like the other failed to respond instead of the menu (trade, battle etc.). Any ideas about this one? I can connect with other people and the GTS fine.

Ok, the 1st problems answer; you need to enter the 3DS fc,not the game fc,or so ive heard......
    2nd answer,keep trying,or maby they are having bad connection

For your second question, I, too, have been having this problem. I have traded with a lot of people from this site, and most of the time, the Wifi Room works like a charm. However, I have a DS Lite, and when I try to trade with people who are using a 3DS (especially a 3DS on a WPA connection), I can see them and talk to them, but I cannot connect to them.

I have no proof at all of this, but I have a theory that the DS/DS Lite do not communicate well with 3DSes or DSis, especially when they're not on WEP. Everyone that I've been unable to connect to has had a 3DS as far as I know. I'm fairly sure that it isn't my connection, either, because I just successfully trade with someone yesterday and I even called my router company to make sure that my router was set up correctly.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

like what the other dude said. the only way to clone pokemon in b/w WITHOUT action replay is to use Pokecheck.

you basically send your pokemon to the gts using this DNS code. it clones the chosen pokemon but the clone receives ribbons that make it ineligible to trade over the REAL gts.

it helps, but the thing is other people can get a clone of your pokemon as well. however u can prevent this.
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

when Ditto transforms, does it take on the capture rate of the pokemon it transformed into, or does it retain its own capture rate?
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    when Ditto transforms, does it take on the capture rate of the pokemon it transformed into, or does it retain its own capture rate?
    Why yes, it does take on the catch rate of the pokemon it transformed into.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 12th February 2012 at 12:26 AM.

Yes for which one?

I have found true bliss. It has been staring at me for eight years. Only recently have i welcomed it into my arms.
    September 5th, 2014

Page 825 of 944 FirstFirst ... 725775815821822823824825826827828829835875925 ... LastLast