Page 885 of 944 FirstFirst ... 785835875881882883884885886887888889895935 ... LastLast
Results 22,101 to 22,125 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Hi, right now I have 3 questions about the Dream World:

- Now I'm trying to get the Zekrom C-Gear skin, so I sent my SPR2012 Zekrom to pdw. Now, when I click on "special home", a text appears, saying "No special home is available at this time". Does that mean that the event is no longer available?

- Now the pgl website keeps saying that a major update is beggining on the 5th June, and I can read there "Remember to wake up any tucked in pokemon before the 5th June". Does that mean that my pokemon will get deleted if I don't do so, or is that sentence there just an advice to impatient people?

- Once there was a thread here explaining that, but now I think it's gone, so I forgot what to do: How can you visit the homes of other people? (I already know my ID and my world)
    Last edited by TheOriginalOne; 3rd June 2012 at 4:23 PM.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post
    - Now I'm trying to get the Zekrom C-Gear skin, so I sent my SPR2012 Zekrom to pdw. Now, when I click on "special home", a text appears, saying "No special home is available at this time". Does that mean that the event is no longer available?
    Yes, the event ended.

- Now the pgl website keeps saying that a major update is beggining on the 5th June, and I can read there "Remember to wake up any tucked in pokemon before the 5th June". Does that mean that my pokemon will get deleted if I don't do so, or is that sentence there just an advice to impatient people?
    It would be an advisory because you wont be able to wake up your Pokemon during the maintenance, which could last for quite a while.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by davido88 View Post
    It's for an Espeon. Guess I get to do some experimenting. This is only my fourth pokemon to IV breed and I have only breed for perfect IVs.
    hmmm, the only HP I like for Espeon that has 31 in SpA is HP Ground with this spread: 30/E/30/31/30/30, which is still a pain in the butt to breed for. >.<
    Well, good luck in your experimenting! Hopefully the RNG will be nice and give you something workable early on =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

So this may be a dumb couple of questions but.....is there a way to calculate IVs if you don't know EV values

If not, if you simply put the EV values as 0 each, is that likely to completely skew the results of will they be only a few digits off and still an okay indicator?

Also, as the pokemon I'm thinking of are only around level 28-30, are they likely to even have many EV values? They've obviously fought lots and so will have EV information in there somewhere but I was under the impression that it only starts actually affecting a Pokemons stats until they're a little older? If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    So this may be a dumb couple of questions but.....is there a way to calculate IVs if you don't know EV values

If not, if you simply put the EV values as 0 each, is that likely to completely skew the results of will they be only a few digits off and still an okay indicator?

Also, as the pokemon I'm thinking of are only around level 28-30, are they likely to even have many EV values? They've obviously fought lots and so will have EV information in there somewhere but I was under the impression that it only starts actually affecting a Pokemons stats until they're a little older? If that makes sense.
    If you don't know the EVs of the pokemon, it will skew your results when you try to use the IV calculator. You won't see the full effect of the EVs at low level, but there will be enough effect to mess up your calculations. If you've been using the DW, you can get / farm EV reducing berries there and send them to your game. Then you can use them to bring the EVs to 0 so you can check the IVs.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    If you don't know the EVs of the pokemon, it will skew your results when you try to use the IV calculator. You won't see the full effect of the EVs at low level, but there will be enough effect to mess up your calculations. If you've been using the DW, you can get / farm EV reducing berries there and send them to your game. Then you can use them to bring the EVs to 0 so you can check the IVs.
    Ahaha, thanks. I did try try to use an IV calculator after posting, just to see what would happen, and it was damn near impossible to use (kept saying impossible until I guessed random EV values lol) so I see how important it is to know EVs now.....

I'm not fussed enough to get EV reducing berries, I was just curious about the IVs of the Pokemon I'm currently training up (more for Pokedex than team). I think I may try and make an IV team afterwards though so I'll be sure to check stats before levelling up this time!

alternately you can upload the pokemon to pokecheck, and find both EVs and IVs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    alternately you can upload the pokemon to pokecheck, and find both EVs and IVs.
    That looks....a bit dodgey. Is it actually commonly used within pokemon circles like Serebii/Smogon/etc?

That looks....a bit dodgey. Is it actually commonly used within pokemon circles like Serebii/Smogon/etc?
    It is very commonly used by many people to check EVs and IVs of their Pokemon, and to check if something they were traded is hacked. If you use it to clone Pokemon, though, some people will claim that that is cheating and some people will not. Pokecheck itself isn't a dodgey website (like it won't give you viruses or anything); it's actually widely used, but there are a lot of differing opinions about it.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Okay....that sounds okay (I wouldn't clone pokemon myself but I suppose if you're cloning a pokemon you've gained and trained fairly and don't intend to trade it then it's not terrible). Once you've uploaded it, does the Pokemon completely travel to pokecheck and like disappear from your game or does it more upload a copy and you can still use the pokemon in game?

Also, I believe that there are ways to find out IVs (IV calculator obviously) and how likely it is that certain IVs will crop up (that's what RNG is about, right?) but there's no way to actually alter IVs. Is that correct?

Okay....that sounds okay (I wouldn't clone pokemon myself but I suppose if you're cloning a pokemon you've gained and trained fairly and don't intend to trade it then it's not terrible). Once you've uploaded it, does the Pokemon completely travel to pokecheck and like disappear from your game or does it more upload a copy and you can still use the pokemon in game?

Also, I believe that there are ways to find out IVs (IV calculator obviously) and how likely it is that certain IVs will crop up (that's what RNG is about, right?) but there's no way to actually alter IVs. Is that correct?
    I've never actually successfully used Pokecheck myself, but my understanding is that it's just like the GTS - you upload a Pokemon there, and you can't use it while it's in the "Pokecheck GTS". But you can see it on your computer screen. Someone who has actually successfully used it can tell you more about how it works.

IVs, though, I understand You can check your Pokemon's IVs using an IV Calculator, as you said. Metalkid's IV Calculator is the best one. You will need to know your Pokemon's EVs, its Hidden Power type, and what the Nimbasa Battle Subway "Judging" Guy says about it. To find the Hidden Power, you talk to the guy in the Mistralton Pokemon Center. If you don't know its EVs, you will need to get the EV-reducing berries from the Dream World and feed them to your Pokemon until the EVs won't go lower. I recommend that you save before you do this so you don't waste the berries.

The IVs that a wild Pokemon has are completely random. They range from 0 (really bad) to 31 (perfect). A "flawless" Pokemon has 31 IVs in every stat, or in every useful stat (like an Alakazam with 31s in everything but Attack is still considered flawless to many people, since you wouldn't use Attack on an Alakazam). You can somewhat control the IVs that a bred Pokemon has because it will inherit 1-3 IVs randomly from each of its parents. If you give the parents the Power item that corresponds with the IVs that you want to pass down, then those IVs are guaranteed to be on the offspring. But you can only control 2 of the IVs this way; the rest are random whether or not they will be passed down.

The IVs that a Pokemon has cannot be changed, that is correct.

Finally, RNG is "Random Number Generation". I only vaguely understand how to do this in B/W. In D/P/Pt it was easier. But basically - and someone who does this regularly can tell you how to do it - using a computer program, you can find out what date and time you need to set your DS to, and how many steps you need to take before encountering a Pokemon, to get the IVs that you want, and also the Hidden Power that you want, because Hidden Power is based on the IV spread.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Thank you so much. that's really helpful. I get bits of information as I read other peoples comments but it's great for someone to just confirm it all.

Also, obivously you would aim for all 31s but what is the kind of cut off point for considering a Pokemon 'useful'. Like I imagine a lot of people wouldn't consider anything less than 30/31 for a Championship team but in general competitive battling, would 25-29 be acceptable (in at least the not so important stats)? Maybe even lower? Or is it really only around 29-31 that would be worth having?

Pokémon never leave your game when uploaded to Pokécheck, so you'll be able to use them in your game freely, while still viewing detailed information online.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post

Finally, RNG is "Random Number Generation". I only vaguely understand how to do this in B/W. In D/P/Pt it was easier. But basically - and someone who does this regularly can tell you how to do it - using a computer program, you can find out what date and time you need to set your DS to, and how many steps you need to take before encountering a Pokemon, to get the IVs that you want, and also the Hidden Power that you want, because Hidden Power is based on the IV spread.
    Only if you're comparing DW RNGing and DPPt RNGing. Otherwise, BW is much easier as you only have to hit a time at the second, with no worry about delays, like in DPPt.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Landorus : To get him, do I have to be the Original Trainer of Thundurus (I have White) or both (Thundurus/Tornadus) can come from a different trainer than me?
    Pokémon White | FC : 4298 8699 6021 | Name : Ezio
    Looking for (Female w/Rattled)
    Legendaries :
    Can offer All starters, (Hustle)(Stealth Rock)(ExtremeSpeed)(Volt Tackle)(Cloud Nine)
    Current extras : Mewtwo, Groudon, Dialga, Mesprit, Lugia, Virizion, Suicune ; looking for legendaries in my sign
    Planned White 2 Team (ingame): (->)

Quote Originally Posted by zandroas View Post
    Landorus : To get him, do I have to be the Original Trainer of Thundurus (I have White) or both (Thundurus/Tornadus) can come from a different trainer than me?
    You must be the OT of the Thundurus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You must be the OT of the Thundurus.
    Thanks alot!
    Legendaries :
    Can offer All starters, (Hustle)(Stealth Rock)(ExtremeSpeed)(Volt Tackle)(Cloud Nine)
    Current extras : Mewtwo, Groudon, Dialga, Mesprit, Lugia, Virizion, Suicune ; looking for legendaries in my sign

You need to be the original trainer of Thundurus (or Tornadus, if you're playing Black.)

I have a question: can I trade pokemon from black to soul silver? And how?
    Played: Yellow, Blue, Gold, Crystal,
    Sapphire
    , Emerald, Leaf Green
    Pearl, Diamond, Soul Silver, Heart Gold,
    White and White 2, Black, and Black 2
    And X. 3DS friend code: 5172-0293-9074 Friend Safari: Water
    PSN: Myowu Platinums: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Myowu View Post
    I have a question: can I trade pokemon from black to soul silver? And how?
    You can go from SS to Black using the PokeTransfer, but you cannot go backwards, from Black to SS. Anything you trade from a Gen IV game to Black will permanently be on Gen V, so think before you trade.

-------

Awesome, thank you. Ive used the poketransfer. I just wasn't sure if I could trade to my husband who just started playing soul silver.
    So again, thanks!
    He'll just have to play the old fashioned way like I did. Teeheee
    Played: Yellow, Blue, Gold, Crystal,
    Sapphire
    , Emerald, Leaf Green
    Pearl, Diamond, Soul Silver, Heart Gold,
    White and White 2, Black, and Black 2
    And X. 3DS friend code: 5172-0293-9074 Friend Safari: Water
    PSN: Myowu Platinums: 20

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalOne View Post

- Once there was a thread here explaining that, but now I think it's gone, so I forgot what to do: How can you visit the homes of other people? (I already know my ID and my world)
    umm, the thread isn't gone yet, just gets pushed back to page 2 of the subforum

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...xchange-Thread

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I want to go to the dark grass section in the Pinwheel Forest, but it is blocked by an old man. Do any of you guys know when the dark grass section is allowed for you to enter?

I need the good pokémon in there... some people are saying after you get the bike and others are saying after you get fly. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Sure. Oshawott is totally ignored. From day 1 of BW he's been nothing more but the best example of how little spotlight some Pokémon get. Shame on the writers for giving all this screentime to Pidove and reserves when it's Oshawott who should have hogged the spotlight in the first place. May God help Oshawott. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Braviary prey on Ditto.. Rape them, and hence, Rufflet is born...
    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Ash was once cursed by a wicked witch after he stole her banana because of a dare from Gary. This curse caused him to be stuck at the age of ten forever. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeul View Post
    The term for it is trolling, my dear Thing.

Is a Mudkip with Damp ability legit?
    Legendaries :

Quote Originally Posted by zandroas View Post
    Is a Mudkip with Damp ability legit?
    There are a very small amount of male Hoenn starters with DW abilities that are legit from a single promotion in Japan which used serial codes, though if the OT's not Japanese, it's likely fake.

Page 885 of 944 FirstFirst ... 785835875881882883884885886887888889895935 ... LastLast