Page 933 of 944 FirstFirst ... 833883923929930931932933934935936937943 ... LastLast
Results 23,301 to 23,325 of 23588

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    They are only obtainable through events
    The only legends given out in the DW via events have been Arceus and Rayquaza as far as I can recall. However, the Dream Radar gave people access to many more legends, such as: Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Lugia, Ho-oh, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina.

Unless one has slipped my mind, those are the only legends that can have their DW ability/be in a Dream Ball.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

So i have a question.
    I have a female Vupix with its DW ability, but say i breed it with a Male Vupix from Japan.

Will the Mesuda Method work, can the Shiny Vupix get its DW ability, or will nether work?

They should both work, though I believe there is only an 80% chance of breeding down the ability that the female has, and the rest is didvided up by however many non-DW abilities it has.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    So i have a question.
    I have a female Vupix with its DW ability, but say i breed it with a Male Vupix from Japan.

Will the Mesuda Method work, can the Shiny Vupix get its DW ability, or will nether work?
    Yes, the Masuda Method will work, assuming that the Japanese Vulpix came from a Japanese CARTRIDGE and not just from someone from Japan.

Shiny Vulpix will be able to get its DW ability no matter what, since the mother is female and has the DW ability.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Shiny Vulpix will be able to get its DW ability no matter what, since the mother is female and has the DW ability.
    This isn't necessarily true. I've bred many DWF's and the offspring hasn't always had its hidden ability.
    Claimed

My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    This isn't necessarily true. I've bred many DWF's and the offspring hasn't always had its hidden ability.
    Let me clarify: The offspring of a DWF has a 40% chance of passing down its ability as long as the male is in its egg group. If you breed a DWF with a Ditto, it will not pass down its ability. Ever. The male MUST be in the same egg group as the DWF.

As long as you are breeding a DWF with a male in its egg group, you are guaranteed to eventually get offspring with the DW ability.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

You will eventually, yes. But you originally said it would get it 'no matter what', which implies that it is a 100% chance.
    Claimed

But then Factor in the MM and its 6/8192 chance of a shiny... i need it to be both that and DW.

*Sigh* Im going to kill my friend... i know in my group of friends im called "the breeder" but this seems hard even for me.

But then Factor in the MM and its 6/8192 chance of a shiny... i need it to be both that and DW.

*Sigh* Im going to kill my friend... i know in my group of friends im called "the breeder" but this seems hard even for me.
    I'm assuming you want a Timid Vulpix (as that's the most common nature that Ninetales runs on a Sun team), so I'd make sure either the DWF you have or the male is Timid, holding an Everstone. In B/W, the chances of an Everstone passing on the nature are 50%.

So to get a shiny, Drought, Timid Vulpix, the chances are (1/1365)(.4)(.5), or .015%, in Pokemon Black/White. However, if you were to do this in B2W2, you would double your chances of getting the combination you want, because in B2W2, the chances of the parent holding an Everstone passing down its nature was changed to 100%.

So you'd have (1/1365)(.4)(1), or ~ .03% chance of getting a shiny Drought Timid Vulpix.

If you don't care about the nature, then you have a .03% chance of getting a shiny Drought Vulpix with any nature on either game.

-------

nature doesnt matter to me
    im not liking those numbers... whats the percent of just getting a shiny? im breeding my Japanese Ditto with a Eevee right now with no luck
    Last edited by SamusTheHedgehog; 27th May 2013 at 12:45 AM.

nature doesnt matter to me
    im not liking those numbers... whats the percent of just getting a shiny? im breeding my Japanese Ditto with a Eevee right now with no luck
    If you're doing the Masuda Method (i.e., if your Eevee is anything but Japanese) and you're playing Black/White, then your chances are 1/1365, or .073% just for a raw shiny - no nature, ability, or anything else factored in. If you play B2W2, get the Shining Charm, and then do Masuda Method, then your chances will increase to 1/1024, or ~0.1%.

-------

Hi. Just a quick question.
    Has anyone out there ever actually found a Lapras in rippling water spots at Village Bridge in White Version?
    The reason that I ask is that I have been there for about two and a half hours now, and all I have to show for it is a deep running hatred for that stupid fish Basculin and severe doubts about the correctness of both the Serebii.net and the Bulbapedia pages for Village Bridge.

Edit (5 minutes later) NEVER MIND! I FINALLY FOUND ONE! YIPEEEE!
    Last edited by Sprinter1988; 27th May 2013 at 2:56 PM.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

How do I catch Tornadus in Black 2?

You have to transfer it from the Pokémon Dream Radar, or trade one over from BW 1. This probably should have gone in this thread.
    Claimed

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    You have to transfer it from the Pokémon Dream Radar, or trade one over from BW 1. This probably should have gone in this thread.
    Oh, thank you! About the thread, I'm sorry.

Hi all, I found my Black version but for some reason it has my (really good) save file deleted...
    Will I still have my Liberty Pass on it? I got it back when it came out, so I had the pass on it back then.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I think you're just going to have to boot up the game and find out for yourself. I personally doubt that the Wonder Card will still be there because I think it is linked with the save file on the cartridge, but I will gladly be proved wrong.
    Claimed

Can anyone give me there friend code to me? My name is AC' and fc' is 3526 0940 1105
    Sorry for bad english

Does anyone know in Pokemon Black and White a good way to kill time in the game
    after you have defeated the Elite 4. I just got my last badge, and I'm a little scared to
    continue, because I'm scared if I complete the game I'll have nothing to do. Are there
    things I can do after the game is completed? A way to battle trainers a second time? Or
    a place where random trainers are created? I'm really worried! I mean I'll still capture all
    Pokemon, but whats the point if I have no one to test them on! I also am a little scared
    of online, because I am way too competitive and get worked up when I lose to players.
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 2409 6103 8274

Quote Originally Posted by Kelphy View Post
    Does anyone know in Pokemon Black and White a good way to kill time in the game
    after you have defeated the Elite 4. I just got my last badge, and I'm a little scared to
    continue, because I'm scared if I complete the game I'll have nothing to do. Are there
    things I can do after the game is completed? A way to battle trainers a second time? Or
    a place where random trainers are created? I'm really worried! I mean I'll still capture all
    Pokemon, but whats the point if I have no one to test them on! I also am a little scared
    of online, because I am way too competitive and get worked up when I lose to players.
    There's a lot to do after you "finish" the game. There are some trainers that can be rebattled in the Stadiums, the E4 can be rebattled, you can build a Battle Subway team and just take on the game's AI if you're not keen on battling online, working on the pokedex, breeding pokemon, etc.
    Free Rattatas. PM me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

In the Pokestar Studios building where you shoot the movies, there's this really rude guard that says something like "only stars are allowed past this point." Does he ever actually move if you do enough movies?
    I hope you find my post more interesting than the epic battle between Metapod and Wobuffet. I've been comissioned to sell tickets to just that event. I don't suppose there's any chance you'll buy one?

Update: The event is underway, and I am offering tickets. Submit inquiries via PM.

Once you have completed all movies with their strange endings, you get acess to the room he is guarding (your own dressing room).
    Claimed

This isnt really a Black and White Question but rather a Question on Pokemon in General and i cant find a General Question Thread so here it goes:
    When i go online i see people doing something called Nuzlocke Challange... whats a Nuzlocke Challange? is it a game where your only allowed to use a Nuzleaf that focuses on locking down the opponents actions?

This isnt really a Black and White Question but rather a Question on Pokemon in General and i cant find a General Question Thread so here it goes:
    When i go online i see people doing something called Nuzlocke Challange... whats a Nuzlocke Challange? is it a game where your only allowed to use a Nuzleaf that focuses on locking down the opponents actions?
    Here is the general Pokemon Questions Thread, but I'll answer your question anyway.

The Nuzlocke Challenge started with this guy. It was originally called "Pokemon Hard Mode" and the goal was to create a more intimate bond with the team you have, and to use Pokemon you usually wouldn't use. You should read that guy's comics; they're pretty hilarious.

The first two rules of a Nuzlocke Challenge are always these:

1. A Pokemon that faints is considered dead, and must be released (or boxed and not used again, if you don't have the heart to release it).
    2. You may ONLY catch the first Pokemon you find in each new area/route/building, etc.

There are also these rules, which are used in almost every Nuzlocke:

3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon in order to form a stronger bond with them.
    4. If your entire team faints, it's game over.
    5. Multiple encounter rule: If the first Pokemon you encounter in an area is the same as/in the same evolutionary family as something you've already caught, you may re-encounter in that area until you find something you don't have. This rule is implemented to prevent the player from having a team full of Zubats and Geodudes.

Then, there are dozens and dozens of optional rules, which most people put into place. Here are some examples:

*You may catch shinies, but unless they're the first Pokemon on a route, you can't use them.
    *No healing items allowed
    *Starter Pokemon are based off of Trainer ID number: 1-3: Grass, 4-6: Fire, 7-9: Water, 0: Player's choice
    *Being forced to catch a Pokemon/being given a Pokemon doesn't count as the catch for that area
    *Use the same amount of Pokemon as the opponent in Gym and rival battles.
    *In the Safari Zone you may re-encounter until you actually catch one Pokemon in each area

And so on. There are dozens of these rules. Nuzlocke Challenges are really fun and you should give one a try!
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 29th May 2013 at 9:23 PM.

-------

Thanks, and sorry for not knowing where it was.
    Just one question... Why is it called Nuzlocke if it has NOTHING to do with Nuzleaf?

Page 933 of 944 FirstFirst ... 833883923929930931932933934935936937943 ... LastLast