Page 935 of 943 FirstFirst ... 835885925931932933934935936937938939 ... LastLast
Results 23,351 to 23,375 of 23570

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

My brother has black 2 and I have platinum but we can't register each other's friend codes. Why? And how do I get to trade pokemon with him?
    Last edited by Setari; 15th July 2013 at 4:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Setari View Post
    My brother has black 2 and I have platinum but we can't register each other's friend codes. Why? And how do I get to trade pokemon with him?
    Platinum and Black 2 cannot trade together - Platinum can trade with other Gen 4 games (DPPt, HGSS) and Black 2 with Gen 5 games (BW, BW2).

Pokemon can be transferred from Gen 4 games to Gen 5 games, though. But no full trading between those gens is possible.

And I don't think Gen 4 games can register a Gen 5 game's friend code and vice versa.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 15th July 2013 at 5:07 AM.

This is a kind of general question but hell I cannot find a better place to ask it.
    When battling wild pokémon do they gain EVs from defeating your pokémon?
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/91jhpc.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Djjam34 View Post
    This is a kind of general question but hell I cannot find a better place to ask it.
    When battling wild pokémon do they gain EVs from defeating your pokémon?
    No they don't. If you catch a wild Pokemon after it defeated one of your Pokemon, the newly caught Pokemon will have zero EVs (just like how wild Pokemon will not gain experience from beating your Pokemon).

Hi, i am starting my first, other than Fire Red, Pokemon game Who i should catch in P:Black at the start? I have Pignite and Pansage.

Quote Originally Posted by I-date View Post
    Hi, i am starting my first, other than Fire Red, Pokemon game Who i should catch in P:Black at the start? I have Pignite and Pansage.
    I recommend Lilipup, as Stoutland is a strong Pokemon in-game and it'll be useful to you throughout the adventure. If you want a Psychic-type early on, you can get Munna at the Dreamyard (although I personally think Munna and Musharna are really ugly). Sandile is also a good choice, because Krookodile is also a strong and reliable Pokemon throughout the game. Drilbur and Venipede are also really good. You'll be grateful you had an Excadrill. Tympole is alright for a Water-type and if you like Zorua's gimmick, Zoroark can be fun to use.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

I would like some tips and pointers on how to get all the Pass Powers from the Entree in order to get another star for the trainer card, I have both Pokemon White and Pokemon Black, and am trying to get the star for Pokemon White.

Because the Entree can only access towns the ring of towns that go around Unova, such as Nimbasa, Driftveil, Mistralton, Opelucid, Lacunosa, Undella, and Black City/White Forest, does that mean both games must have a minimum of 3 badges and access to Nimbasa City in order for someone to get the trainer card star?

Is there a difference in pass powers I will get if say my Black level is 5 and my White level is 30, or is it the same as if both were Level 5?

Never mind, I figured out. Wasted an hour on my Black file doing the Entree missions, only to get the star on Black, when I wanted it on White >.>

New question:

Can a set of support missions be changed? For example, I have to hide an Ultra Ball on Route 7 on White for my Black file to find, only problem is, my Black file has 3 badges, and I don't really want to play the game all the way to that point. Is there someway to reset the missions, I was hoping to do so because there are some locations on that that I can access, I know as a matter of fact that there is a similar mission on Route 5 which I'm right next to.

Never mind again, I didn't realize the mission is accomplished just by hiding the Ultra Ball, my Black file doesn't have to pick it up.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 18th July 2013 at 1:48 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Should i use a Galvantula or an Electross in White? I really like both, but I would like some opinions.
    Please reply to all questions appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by frootquake View Post
    Should i use a Galvantula or an Electross in White? I really like both, but I would like some opinions.
    Well, Eelektross has better Attack and Defenses than Galvantula, but it's Speed is horrendous. Galvantula has pretty poor Defense and Special Defense, but it has great speed and great Special Attack. Eelektross doesn't have any weaknesses, though, and a better movepool in my opinion. I personally prefer Eelektross, but both Pokemon are decent choices for an in-game team. It really depends on if you prefer better Defense at the cost of Speed, or better Speed at the cost of Defense.

Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and ENIGMA BERRIES available for trade!

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.

You're much better off with Galvantula;

1) Doesn't require any babying to evolve, Tynamo will be stuck with Tackle/Spark/Thunderwave/Charge Beam until L39
    2) Compoundeyes buffs Thunders accuracy to 91%
    3) Evolves quickly after capture in Chargestone Cave
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I recommend using Electross. Galvantula gets another weakness added- Fire

Which berries are as-yet unreleased in the Dream World? I know the Enigma Berry is still only available via last year's event Darkrai, but a survey of my stash indicates that I'm missing at least three.
    Friend Codes

Diamond: 4857 8590 2354
    Platinum: 2064 9037 4551
    HeartGold: 1034 1115 3211
    Black: 1549 5702 1003
    White: 4770 6956 8382
    White 2: 2624 0551 9583
    3DS: 2809 8504 5239

Friend Safari: Minccino, Lillipup and Ditto

Time Zone: GMT -4/ U.S. Eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    Which berries are as-yet unreleased in the Dream World? I know the Enigma Berry is still only available via last year's event Darkrai, but a survey of my stash indicates that I'm missing at least three.
    Lansat, Starf, and Enigma berries are the only ones that are unreleased in the Dream World.

The last pokemon game I played was Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red. I have completely skipped out of the games since, but I recently got a 3DS and with Pokemon X/Y coming out I've gotten the itch again so I bought Pokemon Black.

I'm about to start and I wanted some advice on a team to build. I've always preferred to have 5 pokemon, with all five having different types (Fire, Electric, Water, etc) and 1 HM slave.

I know I want oshawott as my starter, so that would cover one type. What other cool/strong pokemon would you suggest to me? Some Gen 4 would be alright for me, but I'd prefer to stay away from Gen 1/2/3 since I've already played those games and want a fresh team.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemanyak View Post
    If they will make another Regi, steel type would be reasonable. Another material from nature

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRazar View Post
    The last pokemon game I played was Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red. I have completely skipped out of the games since, but I recently got a 3DS and with Pokemon X/Y coming out I've gotten the itch again so I bought Pokemon Black.

I'm about to start and I wanted some advice on a team to build. I've always preferred to have 5 pokemon, with all five having different types (Fire, Electric, Water, etc) and 1 HM slave.

I know I want oshawott as my starter, so that would cover one type. What other cool/strong pokemon would you suggest to me? Some Gen 4 would be alright for me, but I'd prefer to stay away from Gen 1/2/3 since I've already played those games and want a fresh team.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
    Black and White have absolutely no Pokemon that aren't from 5th Gen until post-story, so I'll recommend some good ones there. Second of all, you won't need HM's ever, besides one time where you use Cut after the 1st gym is beaten, so don't use an HM slave. A Roggenrola(Rock) or Timburr(Fighting) would be fantastic for the 2nd gym (Normal type, and undoubtedly one of the toughest gyms), though they require trading to evolve, so I'd keep that in mind. Scraggy(Dark/Fighting) is there if you want something bulky and don't want Timburr. It also doesn't require trade evolution.

Darumaka(Fire) is a very powerful choice that hits very hard, and is a powerful Pokemon overall. Sandile(Ground/Dark) is also very useful for the 4th Gym (Electric), who is another very annoying leader to fight, though Dwebble(Rock/Bug) hits her two flying Emolga much harder. Anything in Chargestone Cave is also fantastic, since Electric and Steel types are useful for the following gym. Joltik(Bug/Electric) is a favorite because with Compoundeyes as an ability, Thunder is very accurate without rain.

There are other good ones, though many of those found later also evolve too late to be useful enough, some being unreasonable before beating the game. I hope this helps, and enjoy the game!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

^^^Some of those pokemon seem really interesting. What would you suggest/change on this potential team?

Samurott (Water)
    Galvantula (Electric/Bug)
    Braviary (Flying/Normal)
    Golurk (Ground/Ghost)
    Haxorus (Dragon)
    Darmanitan (Fire)

This is for in-game btw.
    If they will make another Regi, steel type would be reasonable. Another material from nature

^^^Some of those pokemon seem really interesting. What would you suggest/change on this potential team?

Samurott (Water)
    Braviary (Flying/Normal)
    Golurk (Ground/Ghost)
    Haxorus (Dragon)
    Darmanitan (Fire)

This is for in-game btw.
    I'd recommend not using Braviary, since you catch its unevolved form the route before the Pokémon League, and it probably won't evolve until after you beat it. I can't think of another good Flying-type Pokémon, but Minccino is a pretty good Normal type.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Samurott (Water)
    Braviary (Flying/Normal)
    Golurk (Ground/Ghost)
    Haxorus (Dragon)
    Darmanitan (Fire)

This is for in-game btw.
    5/6 of this team are entirely physical, with Galvantula being the only special attacker on the team. Not that it matters anyway, my original White team consisted of an all physical team of Serperior / Darmanitan / Carracosta / Conkeldurr / Krookodile / Haxorus, and I didn't have any trouble at all.

Be careful with Darumaka, Hustle can make you miss at the worst moments sometimes.

You're gonna be stuck with Rufflet for quite a while, it doesn't evolve until L54 iirc. If you want a flying type, you could use Archeops instead, it also adds a Rock type to the team which you don't already have.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 23rd July 2013 at 5:35 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    5/6 of this team are entirely physical, with Galvantula being the only special attacker on the team. Not that it matters anyway, my original White team consisted of an all physical team of Serperior / Darmanitan / Carracosta / Conkeldurr / Krookodile / Haxorus, and I didn't have any trouble at all.

Be careful with Darumaka, Hustle can make you miss at the worst moments sometimes.

You're gonna be stuck with Rufflet for quite a while, it doesn't evolve until L54 iirc. If you want a flying type, you could use Archeops instead, it also adds a Rock type to the team which you don't already have.
    Yeah just read that Rufflet doesn't evolve until the 50s...Archeops fossil is obtainable after the 3rd gym right?

Yeah just read that Rufflet doesn't evolve until the 50s...Archeops fossil is obtainable after the 3rd gym right?
    Yes, you obtain the Plume Fossil in Relic Castle from an NPC, the Relic Castle can be found in the northern section of Desert Resort. Take the Fossil to one of the NPCs behind the counter in Nacrene City Gym to revive the fossil.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Guys how do I get a shiny volcarona? Is there any way I can maximize my chances and get one. I don't want to trade, I want to get it myself.
    Of course I have to use breeding, how do I breed alot of volcarona to get alot of eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbodor. View Post
    Guys how do I get a shiny volcarona? Is there any way I can maximize my chances and get one. I don't want to trade, I want to get it myself.
    Of course I have to use breeding, how do I breed alot of volcarona to get alot of eggs.
    The best way is to get the Shiny Charm and use the Masuda Method. At the very least you'll want to use the Masuda Method. Just get a Volcarona or Larvesta of a language different from your own and use that when breeding. By doing this your chance of hatching a Shiny is 3/4096 rather than 1/8192.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I need help i need someone to trade me a female Solosis that's not from Canada can somebody help me?
    Happy holidays From your old buddy Silver! Where ever you are in this universe! My time zone is NST

I have Pokemon Y i have a shiny Wingull and Combee I am willing to trade it.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5324-1490
    Friend safari: Fairy (swirlix,snubbull,Red floette)
    PokeGyms Ghost Type Gym Leader
    Hi i'm silver! The PokeGyms ghost type gym leader i'm open to any and all challenges and i will put up quite the fight! just send me a PM if you're interested! Winners will receive the haunting badge!

Quote Originally Posted by silverhusky99 View Post
    I need help i need someone to trade me a female Solosis that's not from Canada can somebody help me?
    You should ask on the 5th Gen trading area, more specifically this thread.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)
    Heart Gold BQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The best way is to get the Shiny Charm and use the Masuda Method. At the very least you'll want to use the Masuda Method. Just get a Volcarona or Larvesta of a language different from your own and use that when breeding. By doing this your chance of hatching a Shiny is 3/4096 rather than 1/8192.
    Yes, I heard having the shiny charm also is good but you need to complete the national Pokedex first.

Page 935 of 943 FirstFirst ... 835885925931932933934935936937938939 ... LastLast