"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."
YAY AM BACK AFTER A YEAR OF INACTIVITY IF ANYBODY EVER RECOGNISES MEH
You can check IVs by speaking with the Ace trainer in the Battle Subway (he's pretty much at the stairs when you first walk in) He'll tell you your overall stats (I only keep the ones judged "Outstanding"), and then which stat is highest. If he says a stat "can't be better in that regard" then that stat has a maxed IV (31). If more than one is tied for highest, he'll list them all.
To get flawless pokemon without abusing the RNG you basically have to keep breeding and changing parents as you hatch better babies. It's a very long process and it can take hundreds of babies to get something near-flawless. (My record is 5 maxed IVs)
Current hunt: W2 SR
Most recent shiny: W2 MM
I have a Aipom with the pick up ability and I do not want it to keep that ability so is there any chance If i evolve it that its ability will change to technicien?
Ok thanks for the info
Right now I'm on Route 9 training my freshly caught Vullaby before facing the Opelucid gym. My other Pokémon on the team are: Darmanitan, Galvantula, Ferrothorn and Samurott. Basically I have one spot left on my team and not sure which Pokémon I should add to my squad. I'm thinking perhaps a psychic or ice type. If anyone has a good idea about which typing I should add to cover up for the weaknesses of my current team, or just a specific Pokémon, I would love to hear your thoughts.
If I were you, I would personally choose a Dragon type, but Psychic is also a good choice. I would also make sure that one of your Pokemon knows Earthquake.
Offering:~600 of Nat. Dex, Pokerus, DW females, egg move males
Looking for: evolution stones, Power items
Black FC: 2580 3802 6475
Current hunt: : 200 eggs
I have a few very noob Pokemon questions. I hope by posting correctly in the help thread, it will offset the noobishness of my actual questions.
1. I have seen mixed reports that Pokemon from previous games are available to be caught in Pokemon White after you unlock the national pokedex. However I've also seen people post that you can't get Pikachu (for instance) in Pokemon White. How does this work? Can you catch the other Pokemon from previous generations in Pokemon White/Black? Is it only a few of them?
2. Dreamworld. I'm more than confused by dream world. Do you connect to it through the actual game on the DS or through the website? I've seen references of this being a way to get previous generations pokemon into your Pokemon White/Black game, but the references about it are vague.
3. The Shiny Pokemon -- do they just occur randomnly in the game or do you have to do something special to make them appear? I read where some of them might have a special ability, but mainly what I've seen is that they basically have sparkes around the character graphics rather than not. Is that accurate?
2. You need to connect your DS to the net then use a website. After a doing certain tasks on the web site, you can find the Pokémon you found on the website in the DS game. You can only find older Generation Pokémon there at the moment, but they have the "advantage" of having a "unique" ability.
3. They occur randomly, with the exception of the Black Rayqazza (and a few other event Pokémon) now available as a Mystery Gift in Japanese games. They do Sparkle.
Follow up questions (thanks for the answers!):
1. So if some of the Pokemon are not available in the wild after you beat the game, can you find them in Dreamland and then import them in, or does Dreamland also have the same limitations on lines of Pokemon available?
2. Got it. Thanks!
3. Can you also catch legendary "shiny" pokemon too? In other words -- do the legendaries exist in that form as well?
2. No comment.
3. It's been done. The only way to catch a shiny legendary Pokémon is to save your game before encountering one, then soft reset if the legendary doesn't sparkle. Otherwise, you must get one from a Japanese Wi-Fi event.
Last edited by Zerdax; 19th March 2012 at 5:10 PM.
Hmm... was hoping to be able to get my hands on Pikachu as he was my favorites. Don't have a previous version of the game anymore though, and it seems he might not be available unless you can get him in Dreamworld. Bummer.
What are the odds of finding a shiny legendary? I'm sure it's ultra rare and would require so many soft resets that it wouldn't be worth it? I've caught three of the post-game legendaries so far, none of them shiny of course....
The odds of encountering a shiny legendary are 8192 to 1. It could take hundreds of soft resets or less. If you enjoy shiny hunting more than anything else in the games, then you might succeed.
You can improve these odds by breeding two Pokémon of different languages (e.g. a French Ditto and an English Pikachu). The odds now become 1/1366, but, of course, this doesn't work with legendary Pokémon.
where is the black & white friend code forums
whatz duh trainer name on yer pkmn w/b
whutz your trainer name
Last edited by Sweet May; 20th March 2012 at 5:27 AM. Reason: please do not multi-post next time!