Page 118 of 944 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

The dialog text is a big part of the charm of the games, and it's annoying for me to stumble over the menus. It's worth it for me to wait for the English versions

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by 705030 View Post
    but it kinda ruins the storyline
    Not...quite.
    Since basically everyone on this site knows what Team Plasma's goal is, it's pretty easy to understand the story line.
    Current In-game Y Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoromori View Post
    Not...quite.
    Since basically everyone on this site knows what Team Plasma's goal is, it's pretty easy to understand the story line.
    i dunno, separate pokemon and people? then still, i wouldnt know half of the plot
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Quote Originally Posted by Frenklin5 View Post
    hmm, but if the English version comes out, you've to start again.
    That must feels irritating.
    How is that any different from playing Platinum after Diamond and Pearl? Or Emerald after Ruby & Saphire? Plus I replayed my Diamond game like 4 times. Some of us enjoy replaying the games to get rare items and legendarys etc.

Plus I don't feel like I am stumbling through the menu at all. I don't even look down most of the time. My thumbs just go where they have always gone in the previous games.

Also I will be breeding some babies of my favorite Pokemon so I can trade them to my English version and start with a custom team from the start. This way I can focus on training from the start. And I AM getting all the story line from the translation so I don't feel like I am missing anything.

I don't understand how anyone COULD wait. I'm watching Pokemon Best Wishes now and I wouldn't be able to wait to play the new games. And how Gamefreak and Nintendo think that separate release dates is still appropriate in the the middle of the internet age is hard to understand. I watch the TV show as it airs in Japan and will play the games when they are released. Making me wait till next year is just treating us like second class citizens. Thanks to sites like Serebii etc there isn't any real mystery so what would I be waiting for exactly? And knowing how ridiculously competitive and obsessive some battlers are I would only be letting myself fall way behind them if I DIDN'T get the Japanese releases.

So those are most of my reasons. I am sure many of you will object to something or the other.
    I look forward to your letters.
    Last edited by Lefler1701; 26th October 2010 at 8:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Support Team Training. If you don't use "Ubers" on your battle team then add this banner to your signature.

In registering for http://www.pokemon-gl.com I've come across this and wondering what ID it's asking for and if I don't have it how to skip it.

Edit: Found out how to do it. They'd sent the stuff to my email.

Last edited by Evil Kitten; 26th October 2010 at 9:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Kitten View Post
    In registering for http://www.pokemon-gl.com I've come across this and wondering what ID it's asking for and if I don't have it how to skip it.

Edit: Found out how to do it. They'd sent the stuff to my email.
    If you have trouble later on, you might want to read this guide on how to register. It's a step-by-step guide made by yaminokame.

Anyway, I was wanting to change my DS Clock this morning to change to seasons, but I'm wondering if it'll mess up with Swarms and other time-based events, like massages?
    Last edited by Lorde; 26th October 2010 at 11:50 PM.

can u use the pokeshifter to trasport an english ditto from a english game to Pokemon white?
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    can u use the pokeshifter to trasport an english ditto from a english game to Pokemon white?
    You'd have to trade the English Ditto to a Japanese 4th Generation cart first, then use the PokeShifter to transfer it to the Japanese White cart.
    Last edited by Lorde; 27th October 2010 at 3:14 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling error.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Anyway, I was wanting to change my DS Clock this morning to change to seasons, but I'm wondering if it'll mess up with Swarms and other time-based events, like massages?
    It'll keep all of the time based events from resetting for 24 hours.

You'd have to trade the English Ditto to a Japanese 4th Generation cart first, then use the PokeShifter to transfer it to the Japanese White cart.
    But i dont have a Japanese version of a 4th generation game
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It'll keep all of the time based events from resetting for 24 hours.
    Holy shrimp, thanks for telling me :3

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon16 View Post
    But i dont have a Japanese version of a 4th generation game
    Well then, maybe find someone who does have a copy? It's really your only option at this point since you cannot directly transfer Pokemon from English 4th Generation carts onto Japanese 5th Generation carts. Sorry
    Last edited by Lorde; 27th October 2010 at 7:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefler1701 View Post
    I don't understand how anyone COULD wait. I'm watching Pokemon Best Wishes now and I wouldn't be able to wait to play the new games.
    Oh, that's easy. I'm patient.

I'm also the sort of person who talks to every NPC, and after each story event in any important location to see if they've said anything different. If I'm going to play a Pokémon game, I want to be absolutely sure everything's been translated so I can get everything I want out of the game.

Hello, I need help with preserving only new pokemon. I know when you beat the game and obtained nationaldex that the old pokemon start coming into the world.
    The thing is, I don't want that. I want to have only the new pokemon, so please, how do I prevent the new from coming?
    I'm not very good at japanese either (dont understand anything they say at all) so if someone could describe the situation (maybe when you get the natdex etc) and tell me what answer I should pick (I know yes and no :P)

Any answer is really appreciated, thank you very much in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Elequirrel View Post
    Hello, I need help with preserving only new pokemon. I know when you beat the game and obtained nationaldex that the old pokemon start coming into the world.
    The thing is, I don't want that. I want to have only the new pokemon, so please, how do I prevent the new from coming?
    I'm not very good at japanese either (dont understand anything they say at all) so if someone could describe the situation (maybe when you get the natdex etc) and tell me what answer I should pick (I know yes and no :P)

Any answer is really appreciated, thank you very much in advance
    You don't.

Your only option would be to never beat the E4 if you don't want to run into any old Pokemon, as you receive the National Dex in a forced event the moment you leave your house.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 27th October 2010 at 9:23 AM.

Eh, you can beat the E4 and still not meeting any old Pokemon, if you constantly use Repels when venturing through the new areas, and avoid all trainers in the new areas.
    And avoid swarms xD

You still can switch between the Regional Isshu Dex and the National Dex, too.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

help.... please.

What does the scientist ask you just after you enter route 6, inside of a building a scientist gives you a really long speech and then you are able to select one of your own pokes, what is he asking? (please, if anybody knows.)
    Friend code 3909 7793 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Domiciwah View Post
    help.... please.

What does the scientist ask you just after you enter route 6, inside of a building a scientist gives you a really long speech and then you are able to select one of your own pokes, what is he asking? (please, if anybody knows.)
    He wants you to show him a Shikijika in each season.

Awesome thanks :-D
    Friend code 3909 7793 4190

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    He wants you to show him a Shikijika in each season.
    How does that work? Don't all Shikijika revert to the season that the games are currently in? And what does he give you as a reward for showing him the Shikijika?

You don't have to show them to him all at the same time.

You just get a Leaf Stone out of it, though.

OK, this is weird. When I talk to the nurse in the Pokemon Center, she asks me two questions instead of one. She offers to heal my Pokemon regardless of how I answer the first one. I checked my team, and they don't display Pokerus. Could it be a special birthday mention, as it is mine (^-^)? I need to know in case it's important...
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by Darak View Post
    OK, this is weird. When I talk to the nurse in the Pokemon Center, she asks me two questions instead of one. She offers to heal my Pokemon regardless of how I answer the first one. I checked my team, and they don't display Pokerus. Could it be a special birthday mention, as it is mine (^-^)? I need to know in case it's important...
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure she just asks if it's your birthday and nothing else :]

Has anyone discovered/found what events/where Genosect, Kerudio, and Melody~whatever-her-name is, locations are, even if they require a wonder card, the coding/info must already exist within the games, just like if you missed teh Liberty ticket wonder card, Victini still exist/is waiting on victory island.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Has anyone discovered/found what events/where Genosect, Kerudio, and Melody~whatever-her-name is, locations are, even if they require a wonder card, the coding/info must already exist within the games, just like if you missed teh Liberty ticket wonder card, Victini still exist/is waiting on victory island.
    Kerudio, Meloetta, and Genesect do not have in-game locations. They trigger certain events in the game but that's really it. There's only data for those events they trigger and not for the Pokemon appearing in specific locations themselves.

Kerudio, Meloetta, and Genesect do not have in-game locations. They trigger certain events in the game but that's really it. There's only data for those events they trigger and not for the Pokemon appearing in specific locations themselves.

Ah so they most likely will be handed out like Kumashun in the Poke/center/mart? By wonder card....?

Page 118 of 944 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast