Page 148 of 943 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 23574

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    How early can you trade Pokémon? As soon as you reach the first Pokémon Centre? I'll be buying White, and my brother'll be buying Black, so the best thing to do to get the three starters would be: I choose Oshawott, he chooses Snivy, I send my Oshawott to him, restart, choose Tepig and swap Tepig for Oshawott. Right? I'd prefer to start with my "real" starter - Oshawott - as it'd be my first steps in Unova.

Thanks!
    You can trade once you have the C-Gear, which is shortly after you win the first Gym badge.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You can trade once you have the C-Gear, which is shortly after you win the first Gym badge.
    Thanks Kira, I was searching for the answer and you found it for us!
    (I didn't remember...)
    Thank to wafiazizul and GameMaster0000!
    ありがとう chemistryfreak!
    Danke Girathommy!
    Thanks iqgoldmine for the Ditto!

Talking about trading...
    Is it possible to trade with people who have the national dex when your are first starting black and white (for example, find someone who has a totodile so you can use it in ur journey)?

This worked in Platinum
    After defeating the 1st gym, I was able to trade my torchic over from Pearl
    Even though it was there it didn't appear in the pokedex until I got the national dex
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    Talking about trading...
    Is it possible to trade with people who have the national dex when your are first starting black and white (for example, find someone who has a totodile so you can use it in ur journey)?

This worked in Platinum
    After defeating the 1st gym, I was able to trade my torchic over from Pearl
    Even though it was there it didn't appear in the pokedex until I got the national dex
    Yes. I haven't tried doing that myself, but many people have confirmed that you can trade for Pokemon that are outside of the Unova Dex.

The only way is through someone else using Friends Codes though....I believe.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Glalie View Post
    Yes, it does.

Yes, it will, as long as the games are not DSi Enhanced or DSi Exclusive. Since Black is a DSi Enhanced game, if you buy it from Japan, you won't be able to play it on an American/European 3DS.

Illusion does copy the "Shininess".
    A little off topic, but are you saying that if i were to buy the 3DS in america and buy a a regular non DSi game from japan like "for example a Tales game" it would work still?

Default High Link White Forest

hey guys, i'm not sure if this was answered already but i'm in need of great help

i keep seeing the same pokemon over and over again in white forest and even though i used high link to go to black city and "talk" to every trainer there, i can't seem to find new pokemon. I spent the last six hours running in grass and battles to find one ralts and i can't do it. can someone please help me?

Smile

Can someone please tell me a little more about the IV guy in battle subway?
    He tells you your pokemons potential apparently relating to IV's and he said my Tyranitars power in Sp. Attack was "Ultimate" does that mean a 31 IV in that
    any help would be appreciated
    Pokemon Black Friend Code
    0776 6971 0236

How many HMs are used before the elite 4? I heard you only need one. And what works for an HM slave?

I have claimed Giratina

Yes. I haven't tried doing that myself, but many people have confirmed that you can trade for Pokemon that are outside of the Unova Dex.
    Oh, that's great to know! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    How many HMs are used before the elite 4? I heard you only need one. And what works for an HM slave?
    Only Strength and Surf, I believe. Cut is used, but only once.

Hence, you don't need an HM slave. If you're set on having one, any Pokemon that can learn Strength and Surf will work.
    /

Current Omega Ruby team plan

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
    See my sig. Un. Uno. Ein. Whatever one is in Latin. etc.

Surf and Strength are used but not at all required pre-elite four and won't be used a lot anyway. Kumasyun and Haderia are both caught in the wild and learn Surf and Strength. Surf is used on Route 17 and 18 (which are never needed to go to but you get the T-bolt TM there so....) as well usable in the underground water hole where you can get the Ankle Sweep TM and Focus Blast TM. It is used on Route 8 to get Maggyo and in Sekka Moor(you don't need to go there either). Strength is used about ten times around Unova to get either fairly useless items or skip a vey small amount of walking.
    I advise against using an HM Slave all the time. Take it out when you need it.
    As for Dive and Waterfall, they're post-game HMs. Fly can be used. Cut is used once after the first gym and maybe a hidden post-nat.dex location I don't know about.

EDIT: Ninja'd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Oh, darn. I'll just play normally, and find a trade for Tepig. I'm sure to get one sometime! Thanks for answering.

A little off topic, but are you saying that if i were to buy the 3DS in america and buy a a regular non DSi game from japan like "for example a Tales game" it would work still?
    Since No one has a 3DS yet, except for Nintendo Employees and a few other people. We can't say for sure.

Going on DSi, I'd lean to say that any Non-DSi title should work, such as Tales of Hearts or Tales of Innocence.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quick question:

Is it true that there is NO WAY to send items over from DPPt over to BW?

Quote Originally Posted by Monochromatic View Post
    Quick question:

Is it true that there is NO WAY to send items over from DPPt over to BW?
    Correct. Items from D/P/Pt cannot be transferred over to B/W. You'll have to make due with items obtained in B/W.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    Since No one has a 3DS yet, except for Nintendo Employees and a few other people. We can't say for sure.

Going on DSi, I'd lean to say that any Non-DSi title should work, such as Tales of Hearts or Tales of Innocence.
    Wow Thanks

Now about pokemon,how would i get a monozou with dark pulse? I looked at the details and it doesn't show any family compatability

Wow Thanks

Now about pokemon,how would i get a monozou with dark pulse? I looked at the details and it doesn't show any family compatability
    you need to transfer an Arbok or Gyarados from the 4th gen that knows it. they're the only ones in Deino's egg group that can learn it by TM.

Dude

Born In Battle, bred to kill

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTER01 View Post
    you need to transfer an Arbok or Gyarados from the 4th gen that knows it. they're the only ones in Deino's egg group that can learn it by TM.

Dude
    Not quite. Ekans, Arbok, and Seviper may pass Dark Pulse to Monozu; Gyarados cannot.

Does having a a Synchronizing pokemon affect the nature of a pokemon if I were to get the pokemon from a fossil?

Not quite. Ekans, Arbok, and Seviper may pass Dark Pulse to Monozu; Gyarados cannot.
    ...Gyarados is in the same egg group. it should be able to father Dark Pulse onto Deino if it was taught as a TM move.

Dude

Thanks for the in-depth description. Looks like I won't use one this time. Usually I do have my real pokes use surf, strength and fly bc they have decent power

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    See my sig. Un. Uno. Ein. Whatever one is in Latin. etc.

Surf and Strength are used but not at all required pre-elite four and won't be used a lot anyway. Kumasyun and Haderia are both caught in the wild and learn Surf and Strength. Surf is used on Route 17 and 18 (which are never needed to go to but you get the T-bolt TM there so....) as well usable in the underground water hole where you can get the Ankle Sweep TM and Focus Blast TM. It is used on Route 8 to get Maggyo and in Sekka Moor(you don't need to go there either). Strength is used about ten times around Unova to get either fairly useless items or skip a vey small amount of walking.
    I advise against using an HM Slave all the time. Take it out when you need it.
    As for Dive and Waterfall, they're post-game HMs. Fly can be used. Cut is used once after the first gym and maybe a hidden post-nat.dex location I don't know about.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

I have claimed Giratina

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTER01 View Post
    ...Gyarados is in the same egg group. it should be able to father Dark Pulse onto Deino if it was taught as a TM move.

Dude
    According to this, the only Pokemon that may pass the move are Ekans, Arbok, and Seviper. I know that Gyarados may learn Dark Pulse in Generation 4, but it doesn't appear to be able to pass on that move for whatever reason in Generation 5.

According to this, the only Pokemon that may pass the move are Ekans, Arbok, and Seviper. I know that Gyarados may learn Dark Pulse in Generation 4, but it doesn't appear to be able to pass on that move for whatever reason in Generation 5.
    ...huh. that's bizarre. I'd test Gyarados myself, but I lack a jp 4th gen game cart. :/

Dude

where do u get animated sprites from??? (5th gen obviously)

Page 148 of 943 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast