Page 659 of 943 FirstFirst ... 559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 16,451 to 16,475 of 23572

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Will I lose my white forest if I have no acquaintances to engage in the entralink?
    Eventually, all of the characters will leave, and there will be no grass.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Eventually, all of the characters will leave, and there will be no grass.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told as long as I interact with the villagers, they will not leave, but I also will not get any new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told as long as I interact with the villagers, they will not leave, but I also will not get any new ones.
    There's no guaruntee that they will stay, even if you interact with them.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    There's no guaruntee that they will stay, even if you interact with them.
    What kind of buggy mechanisms are those?

I checked serebii.net and it seems without a partner, you will not get new species in the forest, but if you talk to all inhabitants, you do not lose it either.

I will confirm when I'm further along.

Talking to the inhabitants does reduce the rate at which they flee, and talking to them every day for some people will make them stay forever, but otherwise there is no guaruntee.

I just beat the League, and my Pokemon are at their mid-50s in level. However, all the trainers I find now are either severely underleveled, or level 65+. Is there a place where I can find trainers with pokemon levels 50-60?

not gonna really find them. if you were able to beat elite 4, you shouldnt have much problem with the trainers. as long as you dont forget the fundamentals, and have a well-rounded team. i was lucky enough to find the lab to import my lv. 80s-90s team from platinum right after elite 4, so it was easy for me. but my brother had no problem with his storyline team.

i dont think the trainers even EV train their pokes, to be honest. elite 4 does. just milk the experience for all its worth!
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

Allright then, thank you.

I guess I just got discouraged because an Abomasnow completely destroyed my team, who are all weak to either ice or grass types.

ohh. yeah, that would fall against my 'well-rounded' team idea! get some experience from the wild ones, or get a steel-type to fit in with you.
    Don't click this.
    Friend code:
    2537 3221 1504
    Name: Crabman

A gift from Sizida

Quick question. How does Ferroseed/Ferrothorn work ingame? I'm thinking of using one in my next game, but how does it compare to Serperior?
    Credit to both draya and PPL.

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf Churchill View Post
    Quick question. How does Ferroseed/Ferrothorn work ingame? I'm thinking of using one in my next game, but how does it compare to Serperior?
    Its tough but slow, so I guess it comes down to how you prefer playing. I didn't have the patience for it in game, as I prefer quick attacking pokemon rather than guys that can take hits extremely well.

Compared with serperior, its much slower but has a better attack stat. Serperior has a better special attack however, and can viably run physical and special attacks whereas ferrothorn can't really do so.
    Soulsilver IGT:
    Soulsilver battle tower:

White IGT:
    Battle Subway:

platinum IGT:

Yellow (rom) IGT:
    Silver (rom) igt:

Quote Originally Posted by waternate View Post
    Its tough but slow, so I guess it comes down to how you prefer playing. I didn't have the patience for it in game, as I prefer quick attacking pokemon rather than guys that can take hits extremely well.

Compared with serperior, its much slower but has a better attack stat. Serperior has a better special attack however, and can viably run physical and special attacks whereas ferrothorn can't really do so.
    I was going to run a physical Serperior with Coil anyway, so both basically do the same thing.
    I think the steel resistances could come in handy. It seems like Ferrothorn would be better (I don't mind the low speed because Gyro Ball benefits and Iron Barbs sort of benefit), but how hard is it to raise a Ferroseed to Ferrothorn?
    Credit to both draya and PPL.

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf Churchill View Post
    I was going to run a physical Serperior with Coil anyway, so both basically do the same thing.
    I think the steel resistances could come in handy. It seems like Ferrothorn would be better (I don't mind the low speed because Gyro Ball benefits and Iron Barbs sort of benefit), but how hard is it to raise a Ferroseed to Ferrothorn?
    http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/ferroseed

Ferroseed is in the medium experience group, and evolves into Ferrothorn starting at Lv. 40.

I have a question about EVs. Before I ask this question, I have read the Effort Value game mechanic page, and I get the gist of it. The question I have, is what exactly is the effort value added to. It says it gets plus whatever to that stat (I think at level 100), but how do you calculate what exactly that will be? Do you add it to the base stat or what?

Basically, I'm curious because I'm trying to experiment with a Kingdra (with modest nature) after Tailwind has been used. If I got its speed to 231, then after Tailwind, it would be 462, right? That would make it faster than anything I'd see in battle besides a Deoxys (Speed). I'm trying to figure out how many I would need to get just to 231 and use the other EVs for something more significant.
    Last edited by www500; 16th July 2011 at 2:28 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by www500 View Post
    I have a question about EVs. Before I ask this question, I have read the Effort Value game mechanic page, and I get the gist of it. The question I have, is what exactly is the effort value added to. It says it gets plus whatever to that stat (I think at level 100), but how do you calculate what exactly that will be? Do you add it to the base stat or what?

Basically, I'm curious because I'm trying to experiment with a Kingdra (with modest nature) after Tailwind has been used. If I got its speed to 231, then after Tailwind, it would be 462, right? That would make it faster than anything I'd see in battle besides a Deoxys (Speed). I'm trying to figure out how many I would need to get just to 231 and use the other EVs for something more significant.
    Every 4 EVs = 1 extra stat point. So if at level 100 your Kingdra would normally have 230 Speed, giving it those extra 4 Speed EVs would give you 231 Speed.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

so after trading and offering stuff for a bunch of random thunderous on GTS i finally got a good EV trained timid nature one

it knows
    thunder bolt
    hidden power(ice)
    U-turn
    focus blast

but the EV spread is like this after using so ev recucing berries
    100HP
    56Def
    100Sp.atk
    252 Speed

should i change it to

4 hp
    252 special atk
    252 speed?

and should i delete U-turn for nasty plot?

I'm trying to get my Flareon from the Global Link, but it keeps saying "You need to be qualified to participate in this promotion. Please check the Pokemon Trainer Club".
    Each time I check the PTC, it says I haven't played any games, and I have played the game to get a Flareon.
    The instructions aren't helpful either, as they say I need to enter a password.
    Any help on getting in?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoop View Post
    so after trading and offering stuff for a bunch of random thunderous on GTS i finally got a good EV trained timid nature one

it knows
    thunder bolt
    hidden power(ice)
    U-turn
    focus blast

but the EV spread is like this after using so ev recucing berries
    100HP
    56Def
    100Sp.atk
    252 Speed

should i change it to

4 hp
    252 special atk
    252 speed?

and should i delete U-turn for nasty plot?
    For a standard Thundurus, yes, remove U-turn and replace it with Nasty Plot. The second EV spread is perfect, so I would definitely recommend changing it.

@Vodka Haze Are you sure you are logged in as your correct account?

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Haze View Post
    I'm trying to get my Flareon from the Global Link, but it keeps saying "You need to be qualified to participate in this promotion. Please check the Pokemon Trainer Club".
    Each time I check the PTC, it says I haven't played any games, and I have played the game to get a Flareon.
    The instructions aren't helpful either, as they say I need to enter a password.
    Any help on getting in?

Are you sure your Eevelution choice has been saved back then?

There's a problem that is very well hidden within the game back then that can cause your choice to be not saved, and thus the PGL would think that you never played the game, since you have no Eeveelution saved to prove it.

Back then, did you play the game more than once? And when you play the game again, have you seen a message in blue box that states your Eevelution choice has been saved?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

To obtain the Entralink-based Trainer Card star, do I have to complete thirty missions in a White version and thirty missions in a Black version?

Since I've not IV bred previously i'm interested to know how do people determine value of IV Bred Pokemon, are only flawless or near flawless Pokemon valuable to people, or is there a more refined method people value Pokemon natures and IVs with?
    Last edited by Pokemon Breeder Akane; 16th July 2011 at 5:52 PM.
    Pokemon White
    No friend code yet.
    Pokemon Black
    No friend code yet.

Pokemon Breeding

[IMG]http://i52.*******.com/34djskm.png[/IMG]
    Trading for Power Items & Victini

@SpeedSuicune You can only complete rings in one. after you do an entire ring, the other games power will go up by, I believe, 10.

does anyone know if i can migrate a Empoleon from Diamond to black with Stealth Rock? (I dont want to start a new game on my diamond just to try and send one over and find out i cant) Pm with the answer thanks
    Pal Safari:
    3DS FC: 4768-7772-4721
    I can EV train ANY pokemon for you in less than 1 hour, from the moment you send it to me, PM if interested

Here's my XY Trade Shop have a look and see if there i anything you like:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-centre1

For some reason it seems like I am unable to connect to my White version to my Black via Entree. But my black manages perfectly to connect the other way around. Could it be because I've finished all my mission in my White version so that my "time" in Entree is somehow "used up"?.

Page 659 of 943 FirstFirst ... 559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast