Page 660 of 944 FirstFirst ... 560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast
Results 16,476 to 16,500 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicated92 View Post
    does anyone know if i can migrate a Empoleon from Diamond to black with Stealth Rock? (I dont want to start a new game on my diamond just to try and send one over and find out i cant) Pm with the answer thanks
    Of course you can O_o

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

How on earth can I get a firestone, I don't want to challenge Iris with an NFE
    Uh ...

Quote Originally Posted by 02939 View Post
    How on earth can I get a firestone, I don't want to challenge Iris with an NFE
    Why the hell would you be asking a question based on data when you have Serebii in front of you?

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/firestone.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Every 4 EVs = 1 extra stat point. So if at level 100 your Kingdra would normally have 230 Speed, giving it those extra 4 Speed EVs would give you 231 Speed.

Okay, I've kind of got what you're saying. I didn't realize the that the minimum on the Pokedex pages includes neither EV training or IVs. Am I right in thinking this? Aren't the maximum of IVs only 31? Or is this for neutral natures only?

I'm sorry! I'm trying to make sense of the Game Mechanics page.

So, lets say I have a Butterfree, and it has a Timid nature.

I train it for 252 speed EVs for 63 stat points for Speed. But! Because it has a Timid nature and it naturally raises its speed stat by a product of 1.1, does that mean that I've actually raised its Speed stat points by 69.3?

The same for Individual Values. Lets say that same Butterfree had 20 IVs for speed. Would it have 22 more speed points at level 100?

If all that is true, does that mean, that at level 100, if the minimal Speed for a Timid nature Butterfree is truly 159, that this EV-trained Butterfree would have 159 + 69 + 22, or 250, Speed?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Nature boosts apply to EVs, but not IVs.

Are you sure? If you had a Timid Butterfree with a perfect 31 IV points, and it were EV trained for 252 Speed EV Points, then it would get 159 + 69 + 31, or 259, Speed at level 100. According to the Pokedex's Max possible stat, it should be 262. Is there an error there?

I'm sorry, but I thought I had just had an epiphany, so now I'm confused again. :/

Nature boosts apply to the Pokemon's base stat, and is independent of any EV's or IV's.
    A pokemon with, for example, 200 speed at level 100 will have the speed boosted to 220 with timid. 252 EV's will then add 63 and the IV boost will then be applied.
    Credit to both draya and PPL.

Okay, let's do that with a Timid Butterfree. The neutral minimal stat is 145, so we multiply that by 1.1, right? That would give use 159.5 (I assume we round down?), right? Then, if it acts independently, we would add 63 and 31 (if it were perfect) to that 159, and that would give us 253. That's still different from what the Pokedex says.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand this. I'm worried this is coming across the wrong way.
    Last edited by www500; 17th July 2011 at 12:08 AM.

I just did the calculations and it seems that timid multiplies base stat, EV's and IV's by 1.1. 145 times 1.1 + (63 times 1.1) + (31 times 1.1) = 262.9. This would be rounded down to 262, like the Pokedex says. You learn something new every day.

Thank you for helping me clear that up! I'm trying to figure out all this stuff and plan a possible competitive team for the first time. I really appreciate your help!

No worries, I learned something new as well.
    I had always just bred for nature and IV's and then EV trained, and once I got the same number as the Pokedex I was done.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by STUD View Post
    If youre not using an actual game card, I suggest you buy one. Other than that keep trying or if its a new game you can try sending it to Nintendo and getting a new one under the circumstances.
    i am using a gamecard
    WOO POKEMON

WTF, I gave my Dratini 100 EVs in sp. attack and it only grew 2 points, what's going on? ;_;

PS: and no, it hasn't been full EV'd.
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Icing Sugar View Post
    WTF, I gave my Dratini 100 EVs in sp. attack and it only grew 2 points, what's going on? ;_;

From what I understood about EVs, and that probably isn't much considering the above conversation, but the Effort Values gained give you stat points by level 100. So you'll get 25-ish (depending on your nature according my previous questions) stat points in special attack BY level 100.

That's how I understood the Game Mechanics page, but I could have misunderstood.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Icing Sugar View Post

It's at a low level. 100 EVs=+25 extra by Lv. 100. At a lower level you won't see the full +25 effect because that would make your Pokemon's stats ridiculously high. Imagine a Lv. 1 Pokemon with 252 EVs getting +63 instantly. You see how ridiculous that would be? Just stop worrying about it showing and keep EVing the Pokemon until you've reached the 510 limit then train it up to a high level.
    Last edited by jolteon135; 17th July 2011 at 3:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by www500 View Post
    From what I understood about EVs, and that probably isn't much considering the above conversation, but the Effort Values gained give you stat points by level 100. So you'll get 25-ish (depending on your nature according my previous questions) stat points in special attack BY level 100.

That's how I understood the Game Mechanics page, but I could have misunderstood.

Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    It's at a low level. 100 EVs=+25 extra by Lv. 100. At a lower level you won't see the full +25 effect because that would make your Pokemon's stats ridiculously high. Imagine a Lv. 1 Pokemon with 252 EVs getting +63 instantly. You see how ridiculous that would be? Just stop worrying about it showing and keep EVing the Pokemon until you've reached the 510 limit then train it up to a high level.
    Well, I checked it and it originally had 60 points and now it has 72 without levelling up (I reseted, lol). That's why I think it only gains 2 points per level.
    <--- My Tumblr ♥ ~ (Thanks Mega Weavile)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    A Zinedine Zidane Pokemon would be awesome, although his only known move will probably be headbutt though.

I know that you can't encounter Reshiram and Zekrom in their shiny forms, but can you encounter shiny terrakion,cobalion and virizion?

Quote Originally Posted by Farfan View Post
    I know that you can't encounter Reshiram and Zekrom in their shiny forms, but can you encounter shiny terrakion,cobalion and virizion?
    Yes. The Musketeer Pokemon can be Shiny.

19. Default

IS nintendo/or the Pokemon company planning on releasing Keldeo or Meroetta?

Or are these ones roaming the web hacks? I ask because legit Shaymin were possible prior to the official release with the Japanese E4 surf glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    IS nintendo/or the Pokemon company planning on releasing Keldeo or Meroetta?

Or are these ones roaming the web hacks? I ask because legit Shaymin were possible prior to the official release with the Japanese E4 surf glitch.
    There hasn't been an event for them yet and there's no legit way to get #647-649 yet.

You can check the event database if you want see if the event has been released yet: event database
    Serebii also has a current/upcoming events page: here

I'm new to all of this so if anyone can tell me where I go to vote for pokemon of the week please tell me

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlover711 View Post
    I'm new to all of this so if anyone can tell me where I go to vote for pokemon of the week please tell me
    The short answer is that you don't. It's chosen via random number generator. For the long answer, go here.

Can some one explain to me what RNGing is in the pokemon game? I know its like random number generator but ive heard you can use it to your advantage or something?

I'll update this sometime

Quote Originally Posted by sam40400 View Post
    Can some one explain to me what RNGing is in the pokemon game? I know its like random number generator but ive heard you can use it to your advantage or something?
    Yes. Like all RNGs the RNG used in Pokemon is predictable and exploitable. You can use this to determine exactly when a Pokemon will have certain IVs, a nature, shininess etc. Anything. This allows you to easily (once you've practiced) get exactly the Pokemon you want.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Where would be the best spot to train for the third gym that has a healing process close to it. I am mainly trying to level up Blitzle but my water pokemon and fighting pokemon wouldn't mind some levels. W
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Page 660 of 944 FirstFirst ... 560610650656657658659660661662663664670710760 ... LastLast