Page 747 of 944 FirstFirst ... 647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 18,651 to 18,675 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I'm trying to prepare for the Autumn Friendly competition, but I'm having a trouble finding out which moves & items aren't allowed in Wi-Fi competitions.

The only moves that I know are banned are Double Team and the One-Hit-KO moves & the only banned item I know of is Brightpowder. Since this is my first competition, I'm not completely familar with the rules.

Can someone please help me out or direct me to the correct post if this is the wrong one?
    I believe SKY DROP and DARK VOID are banned.

Here's a snippet from the official 2012 VGC RULES AND REGULATIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGoogleplex;
    POKÉMON VIDEO GAME TOURNAMENT FORMATS
    Pokémon Organized Play supports several tournament formats for sanctioned play of the Pokémon video
    games. This document covers each of the approved formats and their variations. Tournaments that do not use
    one of the formats described here may not be sanctioned.
    5.** Standard Format Style
    All sanctioned Pokémon video game tournaments require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items,
    prior to the start of the event. The standard format style for all PLAY! Pokémon tournaments is Double Battle.**
    5.1. Double Battle
    In Double Battles, each player selects four Pokémon from his or her party of six to battle with. At the
    start of the battle, players send out the first two Pokémon in their party, making a total of four Pokémon
    on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all four of his or her opponent’s
    Pokémon.
    6.** Standard Team Construction Rules
    When building a team for a PLAY! Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction
    rules.
     A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
     Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
     A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
     A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example,
    an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
     Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
    o By leveling up
    o By TM or HM
    o As an Egg move, through breeding
    o From a character in the game
    o A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
    7. Sanctioned Format
    Pokémon Organized Play supports one format for sanctioned play: Modified. Sanctioned events are listed on the
    POP website, and the results are reported to POP after the event concludes.
    7.1. Modified Format
    The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This
    format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2011–
    2012 season will use the following restrictions:12
    Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Formats
    Rev: September 1
    st
    , 2011
     Only Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version Game Cards are permitted for use.
     Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–646, that are caught in the
    game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution
     The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
    o 150 – Mewtwo
    o 151 – Mew
    o 249 – Lugia
    o 250 – Ho‐Oh
    o 251 – Celebi
    o 382 – Kyogre
    o 383 – Groudon
    o 384 – Rayquaza
    o 385 – Jirachi
    o 386 – Deoxys
    o 483 – Dialga
    o 484 – Palkia
    o 487 – Giratina
    o 489 – Phione
    o 490 – Manaphy
    o 491 – Darkrai
    o 492 – Shaymin
    o 493 – Arceus
    o 494 – Victini
    o 643 – Reshiram
    o 644 – Zekrom
    o 646 – Kyurem
     Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
     Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto‐leveled down to 50 for the duration of
    battle.
     Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released via Pokémon
    Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or
    promotion.
     Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
     The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

So I have a DW Nidoran♂, and I want to know if I can breed it's ability to a baby without a DW Nidoran♀. Do I need her to pass on the ability, and if so, does the egg hatch into Nidoran♀/♂ at random?

Credit to FrostStorm for the banner; YOU ARE MAJESTIC FROSTSTORM

3DS FC: 4940 6396 1803

"Because I am the man... who made a typo in his own name while registering..."

Quote Originally Posted by Porgon-XYZ View Post
    So I have a DW Nidoran♂, and I want to know if I can breed it's ability to a baby without a DW Nidoran♀. Do I need her to pass on the ability, and if so, does the egg hatch into Nidoran♀/♂ at random?
    The female can only pass down the ability.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Porgon-XYZ View Post
    Like what Larry said, you need a female to pass down DW ability, because only females can do so.

In addition to that, yes the egg will hatch into Nidoran♀/♂ at random.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I hope you all have seen this. The marvelous bridge and the disappearing girl... Does anyone know whats with that?
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

As of right now nothing I am pretty sure.

I'm trying to prepare for the Autumn Friendly competition, but I'm having a trouble finding out which moves & items aren't allowed in Wi-Fi competitions.

The only moves that I know are banned are Double Team and the One-Hit-KO moves & the only banned item I know of is Brightpowder. Since this is my first competition, I'm not completely familar with the rules.

Can someone please help me out or direct me to the correct post if this is the wrong one?
    Double Team, OHKO moves and BrightPowder are not banned. This is an official Nintendo competition. It doesn't go by smogon rules.

The only things that are banned are non-Unova Pokemon, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect and the move Sky Drop.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteon135 View Post
    Double Team, OHKO moves and BrightPowder are not banned. This is an official Nintendo competition. It doesn't go by smogon rules.

The only things that are banned are non-Unova Pokemon, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect and the move Sky Drop.
    I thought Smogon rules were official Nintendo rules &, I'm sorry for asking but just out of curiosity, if they're not official Nintendo rules, why do people follow them?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I thought Smogon rules were official Nintendo rules &, I'm sorry for asking but just out of curiosity, if they're not official Nintendo rules, why do people follow them?
    Number one, without a general set of rules for the fan community rules would end up confusing to organize. Number two, Smogon the best competitive battling site. So just add them together and we basically use Smogon's rules near-everywhere.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard31 View Post
    I hope you all have seen this. The marvelous bridge and the disappearing girl... Does anyone know whats with that?
    An old lady in the gate next to the bridge tells you about a girl that used to play with an Abra in that area before the bridge was built. So it's either the girl's ghost, an apparition of the girl, or if the bridge is as young as I'm supposing, probably the girl herself teleporting away with her Abra.

Default C-gear issues

My c-gear online button flashes red now but it had always been green what happened??

The game sync button is the same?? Changed from green to red??

How can I change them back???

Quote Originally Posted by djmc82 View Post
    My c-gear online button flashes red now but it had always been green what happened??

The game sync button is the same?? Changed from green to red??

How can I change them back???
    Usually the color changes because it detects that you're slightly too far from the source of the Wi-Fi (your router, or the nearest free Wi-Fi area) thus weakening the connection strength.
    Green means it's a powerful connection, red means it's weaker.

Sometimes, turning on the C-Gear also causes the same thing to happen, it's still trying to detect the connection, hence red flashes instead of green.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Default I don't think thats it???

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Usually the color changes because it detects that you're slightly too far from the source of the Wi-Fi (your router, or the nearest free Wi-Fi area) thus weakening the connection strength.
    Green means it's a powerful connection, red means it's weaker.

Sometimes, turning on the C-Gear also causes the same thing to happen, it's still trying to detect the connection, hence red flashes instead of green.
    I sit very near my wifi? I did change from a DS to a 3DS recently?

Pokemon tournament rules are different than Competitive rules. Check the pokemon global link website for their official rules
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Hey, is the tournament over wi-fi or at a certain place? Also, I need to find TM ice beam, I know it's in the pit where Kyurem is, but where exactly.

Adorable beyond comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by djmc82 View Post
    I sit very near my wifi? I did change from a DS to a 3DS recently?
    Same thing happened when I changed to my 3DS. Just ignore the red, it should work the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaLover View Post
    Hey, is the tournament over wi-fi or at a certain place? Also, I need to find TM ice beam, I know it's in the pit where Kyurem is, but where exactly.
    Just look around the forest area. The exact location eludes me, but that's around where it is. Tournament is over Wifi.
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shouldn't Arceus' forms be registered in the Pokedex as well?
    Cause when I give him plates, it doesn't say in my Pokedex I've seen any other form of his besides his normal form.
    My Pokemon Black Friend Code: 5157 5710 4504

Quote Originally Posted by YairGOW View Post
    Shouldn't Arceus' forms be registered in the Pokedex as well?
    Cause when I give him plates, it doesn't say in my Pokedex I've seen any other form of his besides his normal form.
    Then it doesn't have the other forms registerable. Really, I don't need 17 recolors in my Pokedex.

So it's over wifi. Darn, my parents are low tech so we don't have wifi. We have the retarded dial up Internet. when is the tournament start? I guess I'll have to load up on repels to find the TM. Wish me luck!

The tournament starts on October 20th...

Credit to zhanton

Shoot. What will I do about not having wifi??? How do I get in the tournament?

Global Battle Union website.

Credit to zhanton

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaLover View Post
    Shoot. What will I do about not having wifi??? How do I get in the tournament?
    ...Well let's take a guess here, you either get Wi-Fi, or you don't participate in the tournament.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yeah that's rich, coming from a natzee. Yeah. That's right. I'm calling you a natzee because of your banner. >

Would making near flawless pokemon flawless using an AR be considered cheating? also would changing flawless in to near flawless so they could have certian HP be consider cheating too. I don't do this but I was wondering if I could because to RNG you to use an emulator.

I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS. IF YOU ARE TOO, COPY AND PASTE THIS IN YOUR SIG

I can clone your pokemon in X and Y, Good offers only.
    3DS FC 3497-1187-8628

Check Out My Awesome Trade Shop
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread
    .php?t=543436

Page 747 of 944 FirstFirst ... 647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast