Page 849 of 944 FirstFirst ... 749799839845846847848849850851852853859899 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,225 of 23588

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Well thanks! I actually always EV train my pokemon no matter if i used them in game or to compete. I read that the "Quiver dance" move, could be devastating along, right? also is very interesting that Volcarona could learn Fly, the only problem is the level it evolves, but whatever!
    :::Green Solutions!:::

Quote Originally Posted by leafpower View Post
    Well thanks! I actually always EV train my pokemon no matter if i used them in game or to compete. I read that the "Quiver dance" move, could be devastating along, right? also is very interesting that Volcarona could learn Fly, the only problem is the level it evolves, but whatever!
    Quiver Dance is a great move for Volcarona, especially a Timid one, because it will make it lightning fast. But you will rarely need Quiver Dance in the metagame. It's more useful competitively.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Ok, just to finish! i am so indecisive about which ability is best for my unborn litwick! flash fire, or flame body. Both are really cool and useful. Which one do you prefer? no matter the use i gave my litwick (competition, or in game)

Quote Originally Posted by leafpower View Post
    Ok, just to finish! i am so indecisive about which ability is best for my unborn litwick! flash fire, or flame body. Both are really cool and useful. Which one do you prefer? no matter the use i gave my litwick (competition, or in game)
    Well, I personally prefer Flame Body, because if you have Flash Fire no real person is going to use a Fire attack against Chandelure, and most of the time even the AI in the game is smart enough to not do that. I think Flame Body is better because anyone, AI or real, that makes contact with Chandelure has a 30% of being burned and reducing their Attack stat. This can sometimes make or break a battle for you.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Ok, thanks again you made my day! and ur avatar is an eeveelution too! Lol Saludos amigo

About the battle tests:how do you use the "download a battle test" function?

I was wondering how passing down Breeding moves while breeding with Ditto works?
    Doas the pokemon keeps only the breeding move when you breed with the pokemon that knows the move OR doas breeding the pokemon i want that has the breeding move + Ditto for IVs works?
    I claimed:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziga View Post
    I was wondering how passing down Breeding moves while breeding with Ditto works?
    Doas the pokemon keeps only the breeding move when you breed with the pokemon that knows the move OR doas breeding the pokemon i want that has the breeding move + Ditto for IVs works?
    as long as the pokemon with the moves is male and is the species that you want, you should be okay.
    PM or VM me for more trade info

9. Default

What is the best choice for starting a new game? Pokabu/Tsutaaja or Mijumaru?

Which will make things easy as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    What is the best choice for starting a new game? Pokabu/Tsutaaja or Mijumaru?
    Which will make things easy as possible?
    Pokabu makes the game much smoother to go through, especially with Pansage being the elemental monkey with him.
    Mijumaru is the 2nd easiest.
    Snivy can be very challenging.

but really, it's all up to you; who you like best, who you prefer to work with, and who meets what you're trying to accomplish
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

HELP ME!!!!!

As I was SRing just now, my game has frozen on a completely black screen. I cannot even turn my DS off, but I'm frightened that if I take out my game chip the game will be deleted... I don't want to lose all my Pokemon! Will my game be okay, and what do I do to stop this?

Edit: Never mind, I took the chip out and put it in my 3DS instead and it works just fine, no corruption involved! Of course, my normal DSi is pretty much dead now, but at least my save file is a-okay! Phew...
    Last edited by Chibi_Muffin; 17th March 2012 at 8:38 AM.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    as long as the pokemon with the moves is male and is the species that you want, you should be okay.
    Wait, so that means Ditto works as the Female?
    I claimed:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziga View Post
    Wait, so that means Ditto works as the Female?
    Yes. If a male Pokémon has a move that is in the offspring's list of possible egg moves, and is bred with a Ditto, then the offspring will have the egg move.

Does breeding a Pokemon with a flawless ditto gives a flawless offspring?

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Quote Originally Posted by LightningRevolver View Post
    Does breeding a Pokemon with a flawless ditto gives a flawless offspring?
    No, it does not. When breeding, three IVs are passed down from the parents, while three are inherited randomly. The three that are passed down can be given in any order. This means one could come from the father, two from the mother (or vice versa), or even three from the father and none from the mother (or vice versa). If you were to give the Ditto a specific Power Item, then the corresponding IV would be guaranteed to be passed down. For example, if you were to equip Ditto with the Power Anklet, then its Speed IV would definitely be passed down, while the rest of the IVs would be inherited from the parents, and the final three would not be inherited from the parents, but decided randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    No, it does not. When breeding, three IVs are passed down from the parents, while three are inherited randomly. The three that are passed down can be given in any order. This means one could come from the father, two from the mother (or vice versa), or even three from the father and none from the mother (or vice versa). If you were to give the Ditto a specific Power Item, then the corresponding IV would be guaranteed to be passed down. For example, if you were to equip Ditto with the Power Anklet, then its Speed IV would definitely be passed down, while the rest of the IVs would be inherited from the parents, and the final three would not be inherited from the parents, but decided randomly.
    So, if I give Ditto a Sp. Attack EV enhancing item and breed it with a male Pokemon, it may gain the Sp. Attack IVs of Ditto? And also, how do you check IVs? And how would you also get a flawless Pokemon?

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by LightningRevolver View Post
    So, if I give Ditto a Sp. Attack EV enhancing item and breed it with a male Pokemon, it may gain the Sp. Attack IVs of Ditto? And also, how do you check IVs? And how would you also get a flawless Pokemon?
    If you give the ditto the power item, it will pass the corresponding stat from the ditto. The only time it fails is if both parents are each holding a power item, then the game randomly chooses which one to activate, iirc.
    You can check IVs by speaking with the Ace trainer in the Battle Subway (he's pretty much at the stairs when you first walk in) He'll tell you your overall stats (I only keep the ones judged "Outstanding"), and then which stat is highest. If he says a stat "can't be better in that regard" then that stat has a maxed IV (31). If more than one is tied for highest, he'll list them all.
    To get flawless pokemon without abusing the RNG you basically have to keep breeding and changing parents as you hatch better babies. It's a very long process and it can take hundreds of babies to get something near-flawless. (My record is 5 maxed IVs)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    If you give the ditto the power item, it will pass the corresponding stat from the ditto. The only time it fails is if both parents are each holding a power item, then the game randomly chooses which one to activate, iirc.
    You can check IVs by speaking with the Ace trainer in the Battle Subway (he's pretty much at the stairs when you first walk in) He'll tell you your overall stats (I only keep the ones judged "Outstanding"), and then which stat is highest. If he says a stat "can't be better in that regard" then that stat has a maxed IV (31). If more than one is tied for highest, he'll list them all.
    To get flawless pokemon without abusing the RNG you basically have to keep breeding and changing parents as you hatch better babies. It's a very long process and it can take hundreds of babies to get something near-flawless. (My record is 5 maxed IVs)
    Pretty much thanks for the help.

I have a Aipom with the pick up ability and I do not want it to keep that ability so is there any chance If i evolve it that its ability will change to technicien?

Quote Originally Posted by macloa View Post
    I have a Aipom with the pick up ability and I do not want it to keep that ability so is there any chance If i evolve it that its ability will change to technicien?
    Only if you Poke Transferred it.

Does anyone know if a Japanese event Reshiram/Zekrom will activate the English DW promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by macloa View Post
    No, there's no chance. It will always remain ability 1, which in Aipom's and Ambipom's cases is Pickup.

Ok thanks for the info

Right now I'm on Route 9 training my freshly caught Vullaby before facing the Opelucid gym. My other Pokémon on the team are: Darmanitan, Galvantula, Ferrothorn and Samurott. Basically I have one spot left on my team and not sure which Pokémon I should add to my squad. I'm thinking perhaps a psychic or ice type. If anyone has a good idea about which typing I should add to cover up for the weaknesses of my current team, or just a specific Pokémon, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietaar View Post
    Right now I'm on Route 9 training my freshly caught Vullaby before facing the Opelucid gym. My other Pokémon on the team are: Darmanitan, Galvantula, Ferrothorn and Samurott. Basically I have one spot left on my team and not sure which Pokémon I should add to my squad. I'm thinking perhaps a psychic or ice type. If anyone has a good idea about which typing I should add to cover up for the weaknesses of my current team, or just a specific Pokémon, I would love to hear your thoughts.
    I wouldn't choose Ice. Ice has many weaknesses and not very many types that it's strong against; plus, Samurott can learn Ice Beam via TM. In my opinion, it's better to have a Pokemon with Ice moves rather than having an Ice Pokemon; that way, you have the type coverage but not the weaknesses that come with it.

If I were you, I would personally choose a Dragon type, but Psychic is also a good choice. I would also make sure that one of your Pokemon knows Earthquake.

-------

I have a few very noob Pokemon questions. I hope by posting correctly in the help thread, it will offset the noobishness of my actual questions.

1. I have seen mixed reports that Pokemon from previous games are available to be caught in Pokemon White after you unlock the national pokedex. However I've also seen people post that you can't get Pikachu (for instance) in Pokemon White. How does this work? Can you catch the other Pokemon from previous generations in Pokemon White/Black? Is it only a few of them?

2. Dreamworld. I'm more than confused by dream world. Do you connect to it through the actual game on the DS or through the website? I've seen references of this being a way to get previous generations pokemon into your Pokemon White/Black game, but the references about it are vague.

3. The Shiny Pokemon -- do they just occur randomnly in the game or do you have to do something special to make them appear? I read where some of them might have a special ability, but mainly what I've seen is that they basically have sparkes around the character graphics rather than not. Is that accurate?

Page 849 of 944 FirstFirst ... 749799839845846847848849850851852853859899 ... LastLast