Page 912 of 944 FirstFirst ... 812862902908909910911912913914915916922 ... LastLast
Results 22,776 to 22,800 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Depends on the Uber. Garchomp, Excadrill, and Speed Boost Blaziken are allowed. The rest of them are not.
    I see. I knew that the legendary pokemon weren't allowed to compete for the Video Game Championships,and Pokemon World Tournament. But what about Tyranitar? He move at the Ubers category. According to the bulbapedia, Uber pokemon are effectively a banlist for OU, but it doesn't mean it can't be used. Of course he's at the Overused section too.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I see. I knew that the legendary pokemon weren't allowed to compete for the Video Game Championships,and Pokemon World Tournament. But what about Tyranitar? He move at the Ubers category. According to the bulbapedia, Uber pokemon are effectively a banlist for OU, but it doesn't mean it can't be used. Of course he's at the Overused section too.
    Tyranitar has been in OU for as long as I can remember, and he's definitely still in OU in Gen IV and V.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Tyranitar has been in OU for as long as I can remember, and he's definitely still in OU in Gen IV and V.
    I see. So Tyranitar has been in the OU section in Gen 4 and 5. Ok. Now, here's a couple of questions. I have an Onix with the ability Strudy, then I like to evolve into a Steelix. Should I EV train an Onix before evolve itno a Steelix,or not. Like this...

Ability: Strudy
    252 HP/220 Def/ 36 Sp.Def

and for the moveset would be like...

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Gyro ball
    Roar/Dragon Tail

Question 2. If I like to have a wonderful Milotic, should I EV train a Feebas first, or I should evolve a Feebas into Milotic, then EV train it? Are the Uber pokemon are the good things in the Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament, Battle Subway,and Video Game Championships? If not, then I understand. Perhaps that the OU aka Overused Pokemon are the most powerful ones in the competitive battle after all.

Question 3. If I were to EV a Tyranitar, should I EV train him in the Uber category, Overused category, or something else? You see, I want to raise them right as I want to stand a chance against the online players. Winning the Pokemon World Tournament to get more TMs from BW2. And for the official matches,and Video Game Championship. the smogon website can help.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

I see. So Tyranitar has been in the OU section in Gen 4 and 5. Ok. Now, here's a couple of questions. I have an Onix with the ability Strudy, then I like to evolve into a Steelix. Should I EV train an Onix before evolve itno a Steelix,or not. Like this...

Ability: Strudy
    252 HP/220 Def/ 36 Sp.Def

and for the moveset would be like...

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Gyro ball
    Roar/Dragon Tail

Question 2. If I like to have a wonderful Milotic, should I EV train a Feebas first, or I should evolve a Feebas into Milotic, then EV train it? Are the Uber pokemon are the good things in the Wi-Fi battles,Pokemon World Tournament, Battle Subway,and Video Game Championships? If not, then I understand. Perhaps that the OU aka Overused Pokemon are the most powerful ones in the competitive battle after all.

Question 3. If I were to EV a Tyranitar, should I EV train him in the Uber category, Overused category, or something else? You see, I want to raise them right as I want to stand a chance against the online players. Winning the Pokemon World Tournament to get more TMs from BW2. And for the official matches,and Video Game Championship. the smogon website can help.
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are forums specifically for these sorts of questions.
    Here is the one for making teams in BW for the Battle Subway and other in-game teams: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...Gen-Ingame-RMT
    Here is the one for 5th Gen competitive battling: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...hp?205-5th-Gen

You might want to check these out and see what other people are doing. There would also be more people to answer your questions. (Although, varanus is a good source of info =) ) Just don't forget to read the rules for the sub-forums before posting =)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are forums specifically for these sorts of questions.
    Here is the one for making teams in BW for the Battle Subway and other in-game teams: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...Gen-Ingame-RMT
    Here is the one for 5th Gen competitive battling: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...hp?205-5th-Gen

You might want to check these out and see what other people are doing. There would also be more people to answer your questions. (Although, varanus is a good source of info =) ) Just don't forget to read the rules for the sub-forums before posting =)
    Ok. I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    it's an everywhere area, you can access it after you have 5000 dream points in the DW & all 8 badges in your journey...
    Oh ok thanks. Is there any way to see how many points you have?

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Default In-game Black/White Pokemon IV Checker: How comprehensive is it?

Something I've always been curious about but there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive answer for.

With the in-game IV Checker in Nimbasa City Gym there is a man who will check the IVs of a Pokemon you selected.

My question is how comprehensive it is, I know it can say 3 IVs are at their maximum value but I want to know if it will confirm more or if that is all he will mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsword21 View Post
    Something I've always been curious about but there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive answer for.

With the in-game IV Checker in Nimbasa City Gym there is a man who will check the IVs of a Pokemon you selected.

My question is how comprehensive it is, I know it can say 3 IVs are at their maximum value but I want to know if it will confirm more or if that is all he will mention.
    He will state what your highest stat is (if more than one is tied for highest, he'll list them all) and he'll say "can't be better" if it's 31 in that stat. Everything else he says is a range.
    fantastic = 26-30
    very good = 16-25
    rather decent = 0-15

as for the "potential" he says at the beginning of his speech, thats the sum of all IVs.
    outstanding = 150 - 186
    relatively superior = 121 - 150
    above average = 91 - 120
    decent = 0 - 90

that's as detailed as he gets
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

The weirdest thing happened recently, doing a triple battle at the trainer house in Opelucid City with Zekrom, Kyurem & Reshiram and at the beginning of the battle Zekrom had a higher speed than Kyurem (227-225) but at the end of the battle they were both the same speed (227)

They didn't level up during the battle so I'm wondering if pokemon stats can increase without leveling up

Yes, they can. EVs are now added after battle instead of when you level up.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Yes, they can. EVs are now added after battle instead of when you level up.
    thank you ^.^
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

I have a couple of questions I like to ask if you. If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?
    Last edited by Shego; 9th September 2012 at 3:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    (Although, varanus is a good source of info =) ) Just don't forget to read the rules for the sub-forums before posting =)
    Awww :') Thank you!

I have a couple of questions I like to ask if you. If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?
    If you have a Pokemon with Pokerus who is holding the Macho Brace and you face a Litwick/Elygem (1 Sp. Atk EV each), it will get 1*2*2, or 4, Sp. Atk EVs per Litwick/Elygem. Then if you switch to a Pokemon that doesn't have Pokerus and isn't holding any EV items, it will get 1 Sp. Atk. EV.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

About the Keldeo event.

My sister and I want to get the Keldeo from the event, but what I am unsure of is that are you only able to get it from certain GameStop stores or can it be any. I only know of 1 store from where I'm at. And can you do it from the parking lot instead of going into the store?
    FUTURE ALPHA SAPPHIRE TEAM

Will be soft reseting for Shiny Treecko. Shiny Salamence will be from Y as a Bagon.
    Might even try getting a Shiny of the others with DexNav, Hordes, and Chain Fishing.

ADVENTURE STARTING DECEMBER 25TH.

Spoiler:- Claim & FC and Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    About the Keldeo event.

My sister and I want to get the Keldeo from the event, but what I am unsure of is that are you only able to get it from certain GameStop stores or can it be any. I only know of 1 store from where I'm at. And can you do it from the parking lot instead of going into the store?
    as far as i knew, it was all gamestops stores...you may want to call ahead & make sure. last time i did an event i was able to access from the curb outside the store, might depend on how strong their signal is...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by Giblie View Post
    About the Keldeo event.

Not all GameStops participate in the event. It seems that they don't communicate with each other well, either, because the employees in those that are doing the event are quite helpful, whilst the employees at a store that are not doing the event will look at you like you're from another planet when you ask about "Keldeo".

You don't have to go in the store to download Keldeo in most cases; it depends on how far the store's Wifi signal will go. I was able to sit in my car outside of GameStop and download Keldeo. But if you don't get a signal in the parking lot, I'd try going in the store before assuming that they don't have it.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    Oh ok thanks. Is there any way to see how many points you have?
    after you log into the PGKL, click on the "My Page" tab under your name. then click the "Pokemon Dream World" tab, next to "Game Info". it will tell you how many DW points you have, what you currently have sleeping in the DW (if anything), & the last 6 pokemon you befriended in the DW.
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Actually according to their website you have to pre order BW2 to get Keldeo. It is likely they give you a code like the lucario dw event.
    A Let's Player that strives to make quality videos.

Current Project: Pokemon Ruby Nuzlocke
    Original Scan of Pokemon Special Volume 22: Avegaille
    Pokemon Special Illustrators: Mato, Satoshi Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by manniezmoll View Post
    after you log into the PGKL, click on the "My Page" tab under your name. then click the "Pokemon Dream World" tab, next to "Game Info". it will tell you how many DW points you have, what you currently have sleeping in the DW (if anything), & the last 6 pokemon you befriended in the DW.
    Ok. Thanks again for the help =)

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lokistarwind View Post
    Actually according to their website you have to pre order BW2 to get Keldeo. It is likely they give you a code like the lucario dw event.
    Not how it works at all. The process is already well-documented, and at least according to official materials, shouldn't require a pre-order.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Are the areas of the Island of Dreams selected randomly or is there a way to get to the area you want? In other words, is there a special requirement to get a place like Rugged Mountain, Icy Cave?

And do Pokemon and items disappear after a certain amount of time? Because I'm in DW and I've only ran into 2 pokemon and I left and went back and there's no shaking or sparkling spots
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Mokepon22 View Post
    Are the areas of the Island of Dreams selected randomly or is there a way to get to the area you want? In other words, is there a special requirement to get a place like Rugged Mountain, Icy Cave?

And do Pokemon and items disappear after a certain amount of time? Because I'm in DW and I've only ran into 2 pokemon and I left and went back and there's no shaking or sparkling spots
    First,

The updated Dream World has a gimmick in which the typing of the Pokemon you tuck in strongly influences which area you are sent to on the Island of Dreams.

Here is a list of what type brings you where, courtesy of Psychic Politoed, myself, Smogon, and Serebii members who helped experiment:

Pleasant Forest: Grass, Electric, Poison, Bug
    Rugged Mountain: Fire, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel
    Spooky Manor: Psychic, Ghost, Dark
    Sparkling Sea: Water
    Icy Cave: Ice, Steel, Ground
    Windswept Sky: Flying
    No preference: Dragon, Normal

Dual types will take you equally to each area that they prefer.

Second,

You can visit the Island of Dreams 4-7 times per Dream World session. After those 4-7 times, the Island will "dry up" and you will have to wait until the next day to be able to encounter anything again.

Any further Dream World questions go in the Dream World Discussion Thread.

-------

First,

The updated Dream World has a gimmick in which the typing of the Pokemon you tuck in strongly influences which area you are sent to on the Island of Dreams.

Here is a list of what type brings you where, courtesy of Psychic Politoed, myself, Smogon, and Serebii members who helped experiment:

Pleasant Forest: Grass, Electric, Poison, Bug
    Rugged Mountain: Fire, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel
    Spooky Manor: Psychic, Ghost, Dark
    Sparkling Sea: Water
    Icy Cave: Ice, Steel, Ground
    Windswept Sky: Flying
    No preference: Dragon, Normal

Dual types will take you equally to each area that they prefer.

Second,

You can visit the Island of Dreams 4-7 times per Dream World session. After those 4-7 times, the Island will "dry up" and you will have to wait until the next day to be able to encounter anything again.

Any further Dream World questions go in the Dream World Discussion Thread.
    Thank you kind sir
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

Friend Safari:

Awww :') Thank you!

If you have a Pokemon with Pokerus who is holding the Macho Brace and you face a Litwick/Elygem (1 Sp. Atk EV each), it will get 1*2*2, or 4, Sp. Atk EVs per Litwick/Elygem. Then if you switch to a Pokemon that doesn't have Pokerus and isn't holding any EV items, it will get 1 Sp. Atk. EV.
    I see. So based on what you said, if I have a pokemon that have a pokerus and holding the Macho Brace face a Litwick/Elygem(1 Sp. Atk EV each) and beat it, then it will get 4EVs for Sp. Atk. But if that pokemon with a pokerus and wearing the Macho Brace face Litwick/Elygem, then switch to a Pokemon that don't have a pokerus and don't have the iten to hold, then it will gain only one EV from Litwick/Elygem. Well, that's pretty tough for my new Cyndaquil soon to be evolved into Typholosion.

Ok. I'm a little lost here. The questions that I've asked earlier are two separate ones. I'm kind of new with the pokerus situation.

1) If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?

2) If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Sorry that I got you confused. I never EV a pokemon with the pokerus before. To be honest, Black Version is my very first pokemon game.

I see. So based on what you said, if I have a pokemon that have a pokerus and holding the Macho Brace face a Litwick/Elygem(1 Sp. Atk EV each) and beat it, then it will get 4EVs for Sp. Atk. But if that pokemon with a pokerus and wearing the Macho Brace face Litwick/Elygem, then switch to a Pokemon that don't have a pokerus and don't have the iten to hold, then it will gain only one EV from Litwick/Elygem. Well, that's pretty tough for my new Cyndaquil soon to be evolved into Typholosion.

Ok. I'm a little lost here. The questions that I've asked earlier are two separate ones. I'm kind of new with the pokerus situation.

1) If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that don't have a pokerus, will it still get the EVs points? If so, then how many?

2) If I EV training a pokemon who wears a Macho Brace, and have a pokerus, as facing one of the certain pokemon like Litwick/Elgyem, then switch into a stronger pokemon that does have a pokerus, will it still gain the EVs points? If so, then how many EV points does that equipped pokemon will get?

Sorry that I got you confused. I never EV a pokemon with the pokerus before. To be honest, Black Version is my very first pokemon game.
    Okay, I think you may have misunderstood what I said. I'll try to make it less confusing this time.

Let's say you are EV-training a Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil has Pokerus and is holding the Macho Brace. You are fighting Litwick/Elgyem in the Celestial Tower, worth 1 Sp. Atk. EV each.

You encounter a Litwick. You send out Cyndaquil (with Pokerus and Macho Brace). Cyndaquil makes no moves and is recalled, and you send out a Serperior to take its place. Serperior has Pokerus but is holding nothing. Serperior defeats the Litwick.

Cyndaquil gains 1*2*2, or 4, EVs for each Litwick/Elgyem. (doubled for Pokerus and doubled again for Macho Brace)

Serperior gains 1*2, or 2, EVs for each Litwick/Elgyem. (doubled for Pokerus)

Every Pokemon that participates in the battle gains FULL EVs, depending on what it is holding and whether or not it has Pokerus. Because of this, you can EV-train multiple Pokemon at once.

-------

Page 912 of 944 FirstFirst ... 812862902908909910911912913914915916922 ... LastLast