Page 393 of 411 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 10274

Thread: Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

I played my brother's Black version behind his back so I could catch Tornadus (I also caught a Tyrogue on his game for the heck of it). I had to paralyze it before I finally caught it after almost an hour. I then traded it over to my White version, where I painstakingly traveled to the Abundant Shrine. Along the way, I caught a Buizel, which I wanted to catch, and named her Misty because I couldn't think of anything else. Once I got to the Shrine and saved, I battled Landorus, though it didn't take long to weaken him, and I caught him on the third Ultra Ball. I finally then traded my brother's Tornadus back, so it almost doesn't look like anything happened.

I say "almost" because his Liepard now knows Thunder Wave.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I left the Nimbasa City Gym after I won the Bolt Badge from Elesa. I headed out to the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there, then I went to the Small Court and Big Stadium and I battled the trainers there. I headed south to the Desert Resort and I wandered around the first floor of the ruin and I collected a Cover Fossil and I caught a Yamask. I went back to Nimbasa City and I went west toward Route 5. I met Cheren there though, and I battled against him. Afterwards we walked along with Elesa and we met Alder along with some street performers. He wanted me and Cheren to battle against two little kids and we did that. We beat them easily and then Alder left. I battled the other trainers on the route and then I went over to where Elesa was standing and she helped us lower the Driftveil Drawbridge. I stayed on Route 5 afterwards to train my Pokemon and then I saved.

Today was a great day to be a trainer for me, because you see today my file turned 200(hrs. old), i got my first lvl 100, and my NAT Pokedex reached 450. Overall it felt great. Now im workin on getting my dragon team all lvl 100 while i patiently wait for gen 6.
    Black FC: 5415 9915 9793
    Black2 FC: Milling events
    X Friend code: ZK2Z-U9WG-JALB-WJBE
    3ds Friend code: 4270-0846-6137

Pokedex is 645/645 Need Manaphy Shaymin Victini Keldeo

I captured some Pokemon and did more training on Route 5, then I headed over to the Driftveil Drawbridge. I collected some wing items there and then I captured a wild Ducklett as well. I arrived in Driftveil City after crossing the bridge and I encountered Cheren and Clay. Clay was upset because apparently some Team Plasma grunts were causing a mess around the Cold Storage area and me and Cheren decided to help get rid of them. I wandered around town first though and I spoke with people in houses, then I visited the market and I battled Charles outside. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center after that and I also purchased some items. I headed south to the Cold Storage area of town and I battled some trainers. I captured a wild Vanillite and a Herdier in the tall grass outside before I entered the warehouse. I slid on the ice a bit and then I saved the game inside.

My very first pokemon in years has evolved

Unfortunately it was my lillipup and he has lost the ability to pick up random items On the upside when I inevitably replace him it just became a lot easier to justify it.
    Black FC: 5373 0752 0865

Pokemon Black Team

I wandered around the Cold Storage warehouse and I slid around the ice while battling some trainers around the facility. I also collected some items and I eventually arrived at the container where Team Plasma was hiding. I entered it with Cheren and we found some Team Plasma grunts inside along with a Sage of Team Plasma. We split up and battled them and then Clay arrived once we had eliminated them. He took the Team Plasma grunts and the Sage away and we headed back to Driftveil City. I went to the Gym and Ghetsis arrived to take the captured Team Plasma members away. Clay released them and then I was finally allowed in the Gym, although I went back to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon and then to the Cold Storage area again since I had to train my Pokemon some more. I spent a good 45 minutes training my team before going back to the Driftveil City Gym.

Acc: I bred down my Diamond Aggron on White2 to teach it Head Smash, and then I tutored Aqua Tail onto it.
    Acc: I bred down my SoulSilver Magnezone to teach it Tri-Attack, and re-tutored Signal Beam onto it in White2.
    Acc: Aggron's Rock Head ability is confirmed to block recoil damage received from attacking with Head Smash.
    Dis: If only Aggron could learn Wild Charge, Volt Tackle, Flare Blitz, Submission, Brave Bird, or Wood Hammer...

So quite a lot has happened. First of all Tepig, Patrat, Pidove, Blitzle and tympole have all evolved. Furthermore half of them are no longer on my team. I received a ditto for free from a very kind person here, and as such I've been breeding like mad and trading myself more and more pokemon. As such, it's crucial that I get my team down to the bare necessities so I can hatch some of those eggs!

My team now consists of:
    • Pignite - This one isn't going anywhere, being my starter pokemon.
    • Zebstrika - It seems inefficient given that Zebstrike is only electricity. However it has the advantage of limiting what can and can't effect him. Furthermore I've taught it Volt Switch meaning that I get a free attack in the first round and I ALWAYS have the perfect pokemon for the fight. As such I don't see him going anywhere.
    • Sandile - Dark and Ground. What's not to love?
    • Ducklett - This one is doing the job of two other pokemon. Both Tranquill and Palpitoad.

Unfortunately I had to let Watchdog go as well (he just wasn't contributing very much). As such I've got my 4 fighting pokemon and the other two slots are for eggs that I'm hatching.

Pokemon Black Team

I fully explored Nimbasa City this time and then I went to Route 16 for some more training the horror that is the Nimbasa Gym. Once the trainers were beaten on Route 16 I returned to Nimbasa and headed into the Amusement Park. N appeared out of no where and took me on a romantic creepy ride on the Ferris Wheel. He revealed he was the King of Team Plasma and he battled me to let his underlings escape, but he didn't provide much of a challenge. With that distraction out of the way I finally entered the gym. I rode the roller coasters and battled the trainers until I got to Elesa. I started with Simipour and she started with Emolga. I repeatedly used Scald until it fainted because she kept healing it with Hyper Potions and never used Volt Switch for some reason. Solosis went out against her second Emolga but this one switched to Zebstrika. Luckily it only took 2 Psyshock's to knock Zebstrika out. Throh went up against Emolga and knocked it out with Rock Tomb. I got the badge and then headed onto Route 5 so I could easily access Driftve....

Cheren stop battling me! You're a nuisance!! I swept the floor with Cheren and then the champion Alder forced me to team with Cheren to beat up some little kids. I beat the few other trainers on the route and then crossed over the Driftveil Drawbridge into Driftveil City. The gym leader Clay told Cheren and I that we had to search for some Team Plasma grunts who had escaped while the bridge was being lowered and I happily agreed. However, it seems as though I might need some help with finding them. Perhaps a new team member could help??? I headed over to Route 6 and captured my fifth team member, a Karrablast!! I returned to the Driftveil Pokemon Center and took a break.

White Team

Planned Omega Ruby Team

Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_Strife View Post
    I'm working on grinding my team up to level 30 or so, so I might bury Elesa alive.
    Victini is a beast, believe you me.
    My Blitzle isn't doing that well; it has terrible defense.
    I have to get rid of my Swoobat because its tail is the creepiest thing I've ever seen. It grosses me out (I really don't know why) and I can't stand looking at it. Any suggestions on a good flying type to replace it? (I don't need a psychic type anymore, either, since I have Victini)
    Pidove is an okay flying type. But its like the Unovas Pidey. (happens to all the reigons )
    Ducklets great too. (All these flying types Im talking about you should evolve)
    Swanna is flying and its half water so it takes away fire too and double damage to ground and I think it could take care of rock

Right, after a fine fiasco at Clay's gym, I battled Bianca. Herdier was easily beaten by Fyre, Musharna by Mint, Dewott and Pansear by Fyre again. I then went and trained my team a bit more, to level 33. I then wet though Chargestone Cave. I can safely say my entire team has fully evolved. So now I have an Emboar, Simisage, Crustle and Swanna. I defeated N and then saved.

Black team:
    Fyrepigg, level 37
    MintMonkey, level 36
    Tectonic, Level 36
    Fea, level 36

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    The gym leader Clay told Cheren and I that we had to search for some Team Plasma grunts who had escaped while the bridge was being lowered and I happily agreed. However, it seems as though I might need some help with finding them. Perhaps a new team member could help??? I headed over to Route 6 and captured my fifth team member, a Karrablast!! I returned to the Driftveil Pokemon Center and took a break.

White Team

I was at the same spot. Rather then go looking for a fifth member, I explored town and happened across my latest (and at this stage) final member of my team. Vanillite. My team is pretty much guaranteed to stay the same now unless I manage to get my hands on an electric/ice pokemon.

I did eventually find Team Plasma and took them out. Now I'm going to go visit the Gym Leader. My pokemon have gotten a bit too strong for this region (with the exception of Vanillite). The local Gym Leader also reminds me distinctly of someone. But I can't quite put my finger on WHO he reminds me of.

Pokemon Black Team

Just restarted the game and this is my 4th playthrough. The first was just samurott and weakligns to heal. 2nd was shiny emboar and level 20s helping out untill the 7th badge. 3rd playthrough I was going GREAT with a GREAT team at the 6th badge. I got the 6th badge today then I quit to get my old black 2 team and a skitty into pokemon black 2 again then restarted the game.
    I am currently on route 1 and leveled up Oshawott to level 10. In the middle of that I caught Lillipup and Patrat to win the contest with Bianca and Cheren.
    My team planned for the elite for is to have Oshawott all evolved,Vanillite all evolved, Sandile all evolved,Sewaddle all eveolve,Darumka all evolved and a pidove all evolved. Having a feeling I might need a dark or fighting type for the elite 4. But thats a LONG way away so Im trying to overpower oshawott by the first badge until I get my special pidove and a backup blitzle.

I arrived at the Driftveil City Gym and I battled my way around it. I took the platforms around the Gym and I battled the Gym trainers, then I headed out to heal my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I headed back to the Driftveil City Gym and I headed down to Clay's spot deep under the ground. I battled him and he used Krokorok and I used my Lilligant against it. One Mega Drain attack was enough to defeat it, then I used Samurott against his Excadrill. I defeated it with Razor Shell, then I used my Tranquill against Palpitoad. I had a tough time against it but I eventually defeated it and I obtained the Quake Badge from Clay. I left the Gym after that and I saved the game before heading to Route 6.

So last post I said I wouldn't be changing my team unless I found an electricity/ice pokemon? Well I got one, sort of. I've gotten Rotom on my team which at the moment is a ghost/electricity pokemon. I've discovered I can make him electricity/ice based later on. So poor Zebstrika has been retired (as it is, he was on his last evolution anyway). Once that happens Vanillite will be moving on I'm afraid.

The Driftveil Pokemon Gym leader was tough. It didn't help that I had three newbies on the team (Rotom, Ducklett and Vanillite). Regardless Excadrill could one shot half my team. I leveled up my team as quickly as possible until finally rotom and krokorok could survive a couple of rounds (so I could heal up any fallen foes who could actually damage Excadrill).

I KO'd Clay's Krokorok with Pignite. I outlasted his Palpitoad with Ducklett (using aqua ring and healing potions to keep Ducklett near full HP). Finally it came down to the fight that mattered. I started with Rotom using Confusion on Excadrill and then subbing in Pignite. I expected Pignite to go down and the plan was then to bring in Ducklett, bring in Krokorok to revive Pignite and Ducklett, bring them back in for one more round each and then finish off with Vanillite.

However the confusion worked better than anticipated. Pignite withstood one hit from Excadrill and despite Clay using a Hyper Potion on Excadrill, Excadrill continued to just beat himself in the head.

I'm moving onto the next gym. I'm eager to get my Rotom form changed but that's still a couple of cities down the road.

Pokemon Black Team

With my new Karrablast I headed south towards the Cold Storage and had to explore the icey building in search of Team Plasma. Turns out they were all huddled around each other so I made quick work of them thanks to Karrablast and Throh. Clay showed up and took them away, but Ghetsis appeared and took them back. I trained a little and then entered the gym.

Servine and Simipour had a field day. I defeated the gym trainers in a series of OHKO's and then rode the elevator to challenge Clay. Simipour knocked out Krokorok with one Scald, Servine beat Palpitoad with one Leaf Blade, and then Throh defeated Excadrill with a single Storm Throw. I got my badge and left to head to the Chargestone Cave to collect my TM, but not before a Bianca battle!! She gave me Fly for my quick victory and before I headed to Route 6 I decided now was as good a time as any to evolve Karrablast, so I did. I made my way through Route 6 and watched Clay's Krokorok take out some web. I took a break after healing at the nice lady's house nearby.
    White Team

Planned Omega Ruby Team

I was on my way to Route 6 after I obtained the Quake Badge at the Driftveil City Gym, but I met Bianca before I could leave the city and I had to battle against her. I defeated her Pokemon easily and she handed me the Fly HM. I went back to the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there before leaving town for good. I battled some wild Pokemon when I arrived in Route 6 and I also battled some trainers. I caught a wild Deerling and a wild Karrablast in the tall grass as well and I continued to wander northward. I visited the lab halfway through the route and then I headed back outside to battle more trainers. I healed my Pokemon at a house near Chargestone Cave and I met Clay again when I tried to enter the cave. He had his Krokorok destroy the web that was blocking the entrance and then he gave me his Gym's TM. I headed into the cave and I saved after meeting N.

This day has just been amazing for my Black 2. First, I'm getting close to getting my pokedex done. Second, I'm doing more and more trades (thanks to Serebii). But by far the best and funniest is that I bought 100 pokeballs and every now and again I use them right at the start of the battle. Golurk, Spheal, and a ton others, full health....in a pokeball. On Skarmory I tried 15 Ultra balls. None worked and I was out. So I decided to try a pokeball just for the heck of it. And so I had a Skarmory...I was laughing so hard, I dropped the 3ds. I've kept trying and it's worked about half the time.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Well a fair bit has happened since my last post. After how hard it was to defeat Clay, I was expecting more of a challenge. However the Chargestone Cave was quite easy to get through. I largely used Rotom and made it out to the other side without too much trouble.

Once in Mistralton City it became quite clear I was going to face off against flying types. In Celestial Tower I was discovering that I wasn't having much difficulty. The dicrepency in levels between my worst pokemon (Vanillite) and my best pokemon (Rotom) were becoming quite clear. However the utility of Volt Switch means I always have the best pokemon facing the enemy with a free attack as well.

I decided to stop using Rotom in Celestial Tower and gave Krokorok a chance to shine. After working my way to the top the pokemon was all healed up, making the entire trip a waste of time. I simply flew back to the Pokemon Centre and headed to the gym.

It occurred to me that my party was extremely good against flying pokemon. Pignite would work best against Normal flying types. Vanillite would work best against any of them. Ducklett could hold its own, using water against non-water based flying pokemon. I decided to let Rotom sit this one out and fought my way through all the trainers in the gym. Giving rotom such a big break helped me level Vanillite and close the discrepency.

Aware the Rotom would be able to one-shot pretty much any of the gym leader's pokemon I resolved to try to defeat her without using him. Alas while I went well against her first two pokemon. She had Swanna who had a secondary type I couldn't put my finger on. Once all of my pokemon had fallen I had to call in Rotom who ended the first with a single attack.

After healing up and making Duckett forget he ever learned Rain Dance, I headed to Twist Mountain. Here I let Duckett lead the way and we had little to no trouble in the entire mountain complex. She ended the journey having transformed into Swanna. Pignite also transformed into Emboar. That's his final evolution now. Which should mean the Elite 4 aren't too far away.

In Icarus City the gym specialised in Ice. I decided to use Vanillite against pretty much any ice pokemon that isn't another Vanillite while Emboar would go up against Vanillite. Vanillite knows Mirror Shot which was super-effective against all ice types. However while she fares well against Cubchoo, she didn't so well against the other ice pokemon. So I had to use Emboar more than I had expected.

I went across the bridge towards Opelucid City and this was where I was going to transform Rotom into an Electric/Ice pokemon. I decided to do an analysis first and discovered there were several areas I was weak in. These included Rock/Fighting pokemon as well as Rock/Bug pokemon. After a full analysis I determined that my Electric pokemon was best as a single type pokemon. While it's not as versatile, it also has significantly less weaknesses. As such I've brought back Zebstrika.

As a result I do need my Ice pokemon to be a dual-type. And I determined the second dual type should be psychic, allowing me to fix the Rock/Fighting weakness. Which means my ice pokemon can be none other than Jynx! I don't have her yet, so I'll be using Vanillish (the evolved form of Vanillite) until such time as I catch her. Finally I needed a sixth pokemon to fill in my weak points. I considered Excadrill. But ultimately went for Klink. Again a single type pokemon filled in my weak areas while minimising its own weaknesses.

I'm about to go face the final gym which is dragon pokemon. I expect Vanillish to dominate as fighting dragon pokemon is the sole reason she's in my party.

In other news. I reorganised my boxes so they're now sorted by national dex id. This has highlighted the lack of pokemon I have and just how many holes are in my collection. I plan on doing something about that as soon as I defeat the Elite 4.
    Last edited by JohnLynch; 15th April 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Pokemon Black Team

After speaking with N, I headed deeper into Chargestone Cave. I battled some trainers and I also caught a wild Ferroseed and a wild Joltik. I eventually encountered Professor Juniper and Bianca, who was her assistant while Juniper did some field researcher around the cave. I pushed some electric rocks out of the way as I headed to the other parts of the cave and I battled more wild Pokemon inside. I encountered more trainers as I moved around and I eventually spotted the Shadow Triad. After talking to them I found some Team Plasma grunts and I battled against them. I had to heal my Pokemon with a doctor that was in the area and I headed down deeper into Chargestone Cave. I caught a Tynamo that appeared on the bottom floor and I eventually found the exit, but I had to defeat N first. I defeated his Chargestone Cave Pokemon easily and I saved the game before heading outside.

So, I restarted my White 1 after transferring everything to White 2. I just got my 7th badge and my team so far is Serperior, Darmanitan, Seismetoad, Unfezant, Krookodile, and Axew (will get it to Haxorus ofcourse).
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

I left Chargestone Cave after I defeated N and I spoke with Professor Juniper. I arrived in Mistralton City and I walked a bit and I met Cedric Juniper and Skyla, the Mistralton City Gym Leader. I spoke with them and Skyla left to Celestial Tower while I headed to the local Pokemon Center to heal my injured Pokemon. I bought some items while I was there, then I headed around Mistralton City to explore a bit. I couldn't visit the Mistralton Gym since Skyla wasn't there, so I headed south to the other end of the runway to pick some items that were scattered around. I left north to Route 7 afterwards and I battled some trainers. I caught a wild Watchog in the tall grass, then I headed north some more and I eventually arrived outside of Celestial Tower. I entered it and I climbed to the second floor where I encountered some trainers. I battled them and I caught a wild Litwick there before saving.

Breeding a perfect venipede. Used Perfect ditto with Power Anklet and then bred until I got a Male Jolly Swarm 31 Speed IVs for Venipede (4 eggs)
    Bred another Female Jolly one with Perfect Speed and then bred with Forretress for Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Forretress held a Power Weight and gave Venipede perfect HP IVs. Got a Perfect speed Jolly male Venipede.
    Battled E4 to evolve Venipede into Scolipede, and found that its Speed stat was noticeably lower than the ideal speed stat, but still had perfect HP. Went back to daycare and hatched another one (Jolly, Male). Battled E4 again and found the evolved Scolipede's speed stats were still noticeably lower. Released female Venipede that bred with Forretress and went back to ditto since I had a Male that knew Toxic Spikes and Spikes.
    Re established Perfect Speed and established Perfect Attack. Perfect HP seems to have the resulting Scolipede lose IVs in one of those stats.
    Currently waiting on eggs from DayCare man (cycling back and forth on Route 3).
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I caught a wild Elgyem as I continued climbing Celestial Tower in my attempts to reach Skyla at the summit. I had to battle against more trainers as I headed up the tower and I eventually reached the top. I encountered Gym Leader Skyla there and she had me ring the bell before she left. I headed out after her and I returned to the Mistralton City Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and then I headed over to the Mistralton City Gym in order to battle against the Gym trainers there and then to challenge Skyla. I had an easy time navigating throughout the Gym thanks to the cannons, but I still had to battle against some tough Gym trainers and it took a while before I could challenge Skyla; I had to heal my Pokemon once again at the Pokemon Center before returning to the Gym. I arrived at Skyla's spot at the back of the Gym and I saved the game before battling her.

I entered into Chargestone Cave and was ambushed by some freaky ninjas. They led me to N who was there for some reason. After he left I went through the this electric cave and battled many grunts along the way. Solosis evolved along the way which only made the grunts easier. N was waiting for me at the end of the cave but Throh went through his team with ease. Once in Mistralton City I met the real Professor Juniper and Skyla. She went to Celestial Tower to heal a sick Pokemon so I went after her. It didn't take long for me to catch up to Skyla and after I rang the bell she walked away (Why not fly?!) and I walked after here and realized how idiotic I was to not use a Flying type. I returned to Mistralton and went to the gym. While battling some Pilots Servine evolved into Serperior! After flying between the cannons I finally challenged Skyla.

Escavalier was up first vs her Swoobat. Thanks to a newly acquired X-Scissor it only took two attacks for Swoobat to faint. Duosion was next against Unfezant and just like the last battle it only took two turns for Unfezant to fall. Skyla was left with Swanna but it proved to be no challenge to Serperior's Leaf Blade. I got my sixth badge and then headed straight to Twist Mountain in a hurry. When I got there I was stopped by Cheren who wanted another battle, but after 30 seconds he was beaten. Alder made an incredibly dangerous jump just to give us Surf. Once that annoyance was over I hurried into Twist Mountain. After a few minutes I encountered and captured my final team member, a Cryogonal! I took a break after the capture.

White Team

Planned Omega Ruby Team

Page 393 of 411 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403 ... LastLast