Page 3 of 412 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Happenings Thread (check first post: new rule!)

So I was quite underleved since the last time I posted, and I've been training, as I'm playing again. God is getting your team leveled up a pain, especially when the EXP is never stable. And the attack stats are ridiculous in this game. Regardless of level, your Pokemon is going to get 2-3 hits and its in the red zone.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 21st September 2010 at 1:50 PM.
    BLAH

I discovered this morning it's going to be at least a week till I get my game >.<

Training my fossil turtle at the north desert - making it ready to fight Emonga at the 4th gym. Hope it can cope though - it has a type disadvantage, but hoping ancient power would be good enough at level 30. Leveling it up is a pain - it's moving like a slug on a sunday morning on hangover....seesh!

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Training my fossil turtle at the north desert - making it ready to fight Emonga at the 4th gym. Hope it can cope though - it has a type disadvantage, but hoping ancient power would be good enough at level 30. Leveling it up is a pain - it's moving like a slug on a sunday morning on hangover....seesh!
    That's mostly due to the lowering of the EXP after each battle for Pokemon you previously battled and defeated but lost to. The last one is for gym leaders of course. But yeah, in the forest, having to deal with trainers AND plasma. Thankfully found a Tabunne! Totally sarcastic by the way, and man this place is huge, getting lost already.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 21st September 2010 at 2:50 PM.
    BLAH

I spent a ton of time leveling, and headed to the Hiun City Gym. Between my Shimama's Nitro Charge, Darumakka's Fire Fang and Punch, and Hiyappu's Boiling Water, I made short work of those trainers. I head back into the desert and beat Cheren and Belle easily. As I walked through Route 4, I took the left path (the one that heads to the underground place where you can catch Desumasu). I found the girl with the fossils, and accidentally took the Carapace Fossil. I thought about shutting the game off so I could go back. The problem was that I don't think I saved any time after the gym, so I didn't want to lose all that! > I am mad at myself. I did find a Shinpora out in the desert, so I settled on that.

Got through the forest, cancelled an evolution and on my way to Hiun. God the bridge is beautiful. Love the wind noises.
    BLAH

After going into that first cave and driving away Team Plasma I ran into my first encounter in the cave, a shiny Koromori!
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

3rd gym was a pushover after the headache that was Aloe. Just beat my friends on the route out of Hiun, and preparing to continue my journey north.

Current team as of defeating Cheren;

Lv19 Meguroko
    Lv20 Haderia
    Lv20 Futachimaru
    Lv21 Shimama
    Lv21 Dangoro
    Lv22 Koromori

Here's what I've done so far:
    *Caught some pokemon and trained Miju (nicknamed River)
    *Met Team Plasma and beat N
    *Trained and got Boappu in the process
    *Used Boappu (nicknamed Burst) and River to beat Dento.
    *Dropped off Burst at the Daycare
    *Caught Shimama (nicknamed Dash)
    *Caught more pokemon and trained Dash to catch up to River
    *Beat up some Plasma goons in a cave.
    *Went on my marry way towards Shippou City
    * Beat N again
    *Went passed the city and trained with all the trainers and wild pokemon in the route after Shippou City
    *River evolved into Futachimaru and Dash learned the super awesome move, Nitro Charge
    *Saved and quit at Shippou City gym with River and Dash

Last edited by mew-the original; 22nd September 2010 at 12:16 AM.

I am now in the city that contains the fourth gym. I kicked the Plasma Grunt's butt, and got my bike. I followed Belle to the Musical Hall--and dressed up Pantsu, my Zurggu, in a bow tie and top hat! HAHAHA--then checked the routes east and west of the place. I accidentally went to the Ferris wheel, and fought (and beat) N. I am not ready for the fourth gym yet, because I don't have a proper ground-type for battle. I taught Pants to use Dig, but I am pretty sure he's going to be whooped by Zeburaika... We'll see, I guess.

Got my Hiyappu. She's so cute. The Pokes definitely grow on you more seeing them in-game. Working on levelling up a bit for the first gym. I want to have Tsutarja and Hiyappu at least lvl 15 before I go in. It's slow going.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Isn't Princess Noelle adorable? She's hungry from some Rare Candy!
    Awesome Trainer Card by Celestial Aura. Thanks!

Just got my... uh... copy... yesterday. Game's amazing so far. I don't understand a bit of Japanese, so I'm nicknaming my pokes so I can at least attempt to guess. Is it just me or are the wild pokemon levels in this game much higher than previous versions? I don't ever recall battling a level 11 on route 3 of any game... oh well.
    DW females I have:

Events I Have:

Seeking:
    (DW female)

Name: Trey
    FC: 1248 7995 5418
    PM for trades/battles

I've been watching Boarbeque's commentary videos, and he says that the levels are always only about one level below his. So yeah, they are higher. I don't actually have the game, BTW.
    Rank up that I didn't notice before! Hoenn badges now!!!
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 21st September 2010 at 6:43 PM.

Damn Victory Road. It's all I need to do now but I just can't be arsed... Is it long or not?
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwla View Post
    I am now in the city that contains the fourth gym. I kicked the Plasma Grunt's butt, and got my bike. I followed Belle to the Musical Hall--and dressed up Pantsu, my Zurggu, in a bow tie and top hat! HAHAHA--then checked the routes east and west of the place. I accidentally went to the Ferris wheel, and fought (and beat) N. I am not ready for the fourth gym yet, because I don't have a proper ground-type for battle. I taught Pants to use Dig, but I am pretty sure he's going to be whooped by Zeburaika... We'll see, I guess.
    The gym leader has two Emonga as well and they don't get affected by ground attacks. You would need a rock type, since ice is not available so early in the game. My Tortuga, the fossil turtle did pretty good with Knock Down at level 31. Then meguroko2 kicked Zebraika's stripy butt!!!

Training for 4th gym. Forgot he has a gamagaru, the ugly frog thingy. Now I need to train my Yanakki...hmph!

Defeated Iris, and had to search around a bit for HM04, accidently turned off my power, so I have to restart Victory Road, I found the Dragon/Dark type too...

Some of the pokemon are really growing on me, but the new tadpole 1st and 2nd state never will, I named mine Tardo when I caught it.

4 Pokemon

Mampeto Final Evo (50)
    Season Pokemon (47)
    Water Final Starter (51)
    Denchura(50)

I was going to catch a Wargle, and replace my Mampeto, and if I can find another Dark/Dragon apparently they are rare...

My copy of black arrives tday, finally figured out how to do the Victini event so I will be playing through with Victini and Smugleaf for sure.

"That’s it! I hate to admit it, but you are a Pokémon master!"

Went to some area west of Shippou City to track down Team Plasma. Entered some weird forest but left soon after the first battle with a trainer in therefto level up my team in the forest area south of Shippou City. I found a wild Otamaro or whatever that tadpole's name is and caught it. Found some Tabunne while roaming the grass and leveled up quickly due to the vast experience given once you beat one. Battled all the trainers then went back to the forest. Fought Team Plasma grunts and made it past all their efforts and finally solved the fossil case. Returned it the Aloe and the museum and I was then allowed to go to Hiun City at long last. Caught a Kurumiru before I left the forest and saved on my way to Hiun!

Decided to restart black and start with Mijumaru since i last tried out smugleaf ^_^
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Why not just finish the game? Tsutarja is pretty damn awesome IMO.
    natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard View Post
    Decided to restart black and start with Mijumaru since i last tried out smugleaf ^_^
    Yeah dont start over... what a waste of time that would have been!

My future Black Team:

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!!! He loves us all!

Just caught a shiny Kurumiru, not gonna use it, but that's two and I just beat the second gym, haha.

Janobii lvl20
    Hiyappu lvl18
    Koromori lvl18
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

I received my game in the mail yesterday and made some very decent progress.

I started with Mijumaru, and quickly defeated my two rivals. I made quick work with the first few routes and cities of the game and am now currently in the forest after Aloe's gym, to find the fossil head.

I recently caught a Monmen and have added it to my team along with the other Pokemon you see in my signature.
    Will hopefully find some more teammates soon as I continue my journey into Hiun City.

Team: (nicknames below the Pokemon in my signature)
    Futachimaru Level 20
    Dokkora Level 20
    Haaderia Level 20
    Baoppu Level 19
    Monmen Level 19

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Yeah dont start over... what a waste of time that would have been!
    nah its alright i dont really care. I'm trying out those two starters anyway since I'm planning on Getting both Black and White in english as well

Ok now to catch minezumi and yorterri next
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Just beat N and Geechisu.

Current team:
    Shanderaa lv. 53
    Daikenki lv. 52
    Warubiaru lv. 52
    Aakeosu lv. 51
    Mebukijika lv. 51
    Denchura lv. 50

and just got a Raticate, Venomoth, Kricketune, Goldeen, Ledian & Ariados. I'll find more old Poke now.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/2cdzr4z.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    The gym leader has two Emonga as well and they don't get affected by ground attacks. You would need a rock type, since ice is not available so early in the game. My Tortuga, the fossil turtle did pretty good with Knock Down at level 31. Then meguroko2 kicked Zebraika's stripy butt!!!

Training for 4th gym. Forgot he has a gamagaru, the ugly frog thingy. Now I need to train my Yanakki...hmph!
    I actually managed to do a lot with my turtles AncientPower. My own Zeburaika is the one that won it against hers, though.

I've moved on to the fifth gym's city now. I boxed Hiyakki, and opted for my Purutoga (PuPu). So my current team is Purutoga (PuPu), Janobi (Tsujya), Zeburaika (ZeZe), Zuruggu (Pantsu), Shinpora (Nazuka) and my newest capture is a Banipacchi (Nilla). The problem I am having is, though, getting into the gym. I think I need to investigate the surrounding area, then try again.

Page 3 of 412 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast