Thread: Are male/female Pokemon predisposed to certain natures?

Question Are male/female Pokemon predisposed to certain natures?

I've been playing Emerald over again lately and building up my team. I've noticed an excess in the amount of Timid, Gentle, Docile, and Calm Pokemon I have. It's annoying because pretty much all of those keep their Attack down.

I was wondering why this could happen. Occasionally I'll get natures like Sassy, Naughty, Quirky, and Lonely. Though I've almost never or have never seen natures like Bold, Brave, Adamant, or Hasty.

Then the variable hit me. I only ever catch female Pokemon. Is there anyone who only catches male Pokemon? Do you see a huge lean toward natures like Bold, Brave, and the ones that could be considered good? lol

I don't know if this extends to the 4th generation or not.

Fanfics In Progress: True Love Never Fades (Altoshipping)

I'd assume not, espicially with the fact that female only species such as chansey and jynx can be caught and have any nature.

So it seems to be entirely dependant on luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    There isn't one in the intro because they want to surprise us. They're thinking "OK guys, what do the fans who watch Pokemon want MOST of all from the upcoming League?"

The answer, of course, is a generic League Rival introduced JUST before the tournament that will somehow steal the spotlight from Paul, Barry, Nando and Conway!

However they can't reveal it just yet. They want us to let our guards down. They want us to think they've changed by introducing four trainers that would eventually go on to face Ash in the League as opposed to Last Second Rival-son.

I won't rest though. I'll be waiting, and if he does appear, which he will I'll be ready to jump out and punch him in the face.

Its luck based.

I always catch male only pokemon, except when they can only be female, and I've never noticed a trend of natures.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I only catch female pokemon to (unless otherwise they are male only). But my team on Ruby is all famale and their natures differ. I have bold, serious, lonely, naughty, and bashful natures on my team. It's probably completely random.

As said, it just depends on luck and not the gender.

Closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.