View Poll Results: Is the Fire/Fighting starter getting old?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 77.86%
  • No

7 5.00%
  • I don't care

24 17.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you Tired of the Fire/Fighting Starter Type?

Question Are you Tired of the Fire/Fighting Starter Type?

For 3 generations now the fire starter evolves into a fire/fighting type. Does anyone find it annoying or the complete opposite?

-Roserazor
    Roserade's been claimed, so I CLAIMED ROSELIA!!!
    Kirby's Return To Dreamland Comes out Oct. 24th!

To be honest, no. I associate fire with fighting in Pokemon, because to me the two just seem to relate, if you see what I'm saying. I wouldn't mind them changing the types, but I'm not sick of it either.

Fire/Psychic
    Fire/Dark

would be cool mixes, but putting that in a starter Pokemon doesn't feel right. Fire/Flying has already been done, and I'm afraid of that kind of pokemon becoming another dragon-esque evolution, mimicking Charizard which is NOT okay.

What are some of your combinations for a fire starter?

I loved Blaziken. Infernape and this new pig thing just ****** me off. >_>
    COME ON, THINK OF SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR THE FIRE STARTER PLEASE. D;

Sorry all you Infernape and Pokabu lovers... >_<; But yeah, I guess I'm a complainer.

I mean pure fire type wouldn't be bad, or maybe mix it up with some other combinations which haven't been done, yah know?

I honestly don't care. I still like Pokabu's line. Sure I would've preferred a different typing. Sure it's unoriginal by now. But they could've done a lot worse. They could've taken Charizard, gave him a blue color scheme, and changed his tail flame into a fin and said "Oh look it's our new water starter!" That's what you call horrible.

And besides, I'm picking Mijumaru anyways. =D

Check out my tumblr!

My FF.net Profile

Well, I do think it is a little old. But on the plus side, This will be the first generation I've actually used a fire fighting starter, so this time I will give it a pass.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

[SARCASM]Nah, I just absolutely love the fact that the Fire/Fighting Combo has been going on for over 3 years straight now.[/SARCASM]

Seriously Nintendo.

I liked Blazakin.
    Infernape was AWESOME!!! But the Fire/Fighting combo was getting old
    Pokabu's Final Evo - Why. I like the look, but not the type.
    Current 5 Gen Playthrough Progress

Spoiler:- 5 Generations of Epicness:

It's not as bad as Normal/Flying, Bug/Flying, Bug/Poison, Ground/Rock, Water/Ground, or Grass/Poison.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    It's not as bad as Normal/Flying, Bug/Flying, Bug/Poison, Ground/Rock, Water/Ground, or Grass/Poison.
    Don't forget Water/Flying.

Even if Pokablu's evo did get fire/dark, it'll give it extra weaknesses, which doesn't help much. Fire/Fighting is probably their only option since it eliminates one of fire's weaknesses.

infernape was a copy of blaziken, and now emboar? god wtf! i thought hed be fire/dark or fire/ground or something! ugh.... good thing im picking mijumaru
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Don't forget Water/Flying.

Even if Pokablu's evo did get fire/dark, it'll give it extra weaknesses, which doesn't help much. Fire/Fighting is probably their only option since it eliminates one of fire's weaknesses.
    Why would it matter?
    It would be a nice change for the Fire type not to take all the glory. Considering the extream lack of Fire types in Gen 5, which only adds to the Glory. And most Fire Types are tanks. They can destroy a good chunk of a team even if you dont EV and put absolutely no effort into training at all. It would be nice not to have a glorified tank once again.
    Current 5 Gen Playthrough Progress

Spoiler:- 5 Generations of Epicness:

Quote Originally Posted by AZX612 View Post
    Why would it matter?
    It would be a nice change for the Fire type not to take all the glory. Considering the extream lack of Fire types in Gen 5, which only adds to the Glory. And most Fire Types are tanks. They can destroy a good chunk of a team even if you dont EV and put absolutely no effort into training at all. It would be nice not to have a glorified tank once again.
    And they are rarely used in competitive play due to one move: stealth rock. Both Heatran, Infernape, and Blaziken resist them for their secondary typing, thus making it necessary to use fighting, even though Heatran is steel but his stats prevent it from getting killed by ground moves.

Yes! I think its ridiculous.
    And Blaziken is the only one that appeals to me.
    Anyway, here's hoping that gen 6 won't follow the fire/fighting starter curse!
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

I like Blaziken and Infernape, but I detest Pokablu. I really don't like pigs too much. Good thing I'm going with Smugleaf and Mijimaru.

I DO believe they're overdoing it with the Fire/Fighting typing. They really need to try some new ideas here.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

You know what? I don't care! This is the first gen that the fire/fighting starter has been my favorite, so it's fine with me!

Also, as long as the designs are good, i don't give a crap about its secondary type. I can work my team around whatever they give me and quite frankly, i never like many of the fighting types anyway, so it's a nice way for me to cover my type-bases.

So it happened again, so what? People need to quit whining and get over it.

Yes! Very, very yes! Know why? Another freaking Pokemon to outclass my poor beloved Blaziken that's why!
    And you know what? I hate Monkeys, and I hate Pigs. It's like Nintendo is taunting me T^T
    Stop. Making. Fire/Fighting. STARTERS.
    Please?

Hoenn will rise again!!
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

17 different types out there and all they can come up with is fire/fighting 3 straight times, yeah it's very old for a starter.
    Signature deleted for taunting staff.

- Keep this sh-t up Boss, see what happens.
    Quote by Ethan

You should have talked to me about the sig if the light bondage offended you so much, lack of communication often leads to this, so remember that online citizens who don't like sexy stuff (with women in it anyways).

Yes, I'm quite sick of it. I don't like Pokabu, can tolerate Mijumaru (he had to grow on me, it's quite cute.) and love Tsutarja to death, but NO, I get stuck with that stupid *** ugly pig. UGH! I was really hoping Tsutarja or Mijumaru would get the Fighting Combo, ya know? There are only one of both Water/Fighting (Poliwrath) and Grass/Fighting (Breloom). Give us another, GF!

It's like they had this conversation at the Japanese HQ:
    Designer 1:"Let's make ANOTHER Fire/Fighting Starter! Not only that, but let's make it an ordeal to look at!"
    Designer:"Brilliant!"

*sigh* Good think they'll almost certainly make a third installment. I can have my beloved Tsutarja then....and atleast I like the design for the other Fighting Types, so I don't have to use that grotesque pig very long. (Same thing I did with Infernape. I never cared for it's design much, but I also don't like Blaziken. It looks like it has pubes.)

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

stuff it, if I choose Pokabu I will give him an Everstone as soon as I can. I will hold B at level 16 through 100 if I have too. lol

In all seriousness though I d think its being repetitive. Blaziken was kick-a**, Infernape was awesome, but Emboar is just annoying. PLEASE no lame signature move/pun of Pork Chops!
    Kakashi (to Naruto): "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, but it's not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Psychic Monotype:
    Fighting Monotype:
    Steel Monotype:
    Fire Monotype:

Quote Originally Posted by .:Flaming Fury:. View Post
    Yes! Very, very yes! Know why? Another freaking Pokemon to outclass my poor beloved Blaziken that's why!
    And you know what? I hate Monkeys, and I hate Pigs. It's like Nintendo is taunting me T^T
    Stop. Making. Fire/Fighting. STARTERS.
    Please?
    This. SO VERY MUCH THIS. Infernape and Pokabu's final evo, they suck. But Blaziken is pure WIN. Long live Blaziken! \o/
    A loyal servant of Albert Wesker, and the master of sandviches.
    No, not Jill sandviches. Sorry.

My scroll in Dragon Cave. Go and click my babies, will ya?

I have officially claimed Yanma.
    GYHAHAHAHAHAHA! Bryan Fury is MINE!

fire/fighting is my favorite type combo i hope all pokemon are of that type one day

: - )

it deffinetly pisses me off. couldn't they pick a more creative type. how about Fire/Dark, or Fire/Bug? im also ****** that the other starters don't have any secondary types.
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuma
    No morals for you evolutionists.
    Please avoid saying things like that.

well what else could that design be...i mean yea i'm not "happy" but i'm hardly disapointed now that blaziken will be moved to OU with infernape (due to speed boost) Emboar will have the niech left in in UU

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmeh View Post
    Yes, I'm quite sick of it. I don't like Pokabu, can tolerate Mijumaru (he had to grow on me, it's quite cute.) and love Tsutarja to death, but NO, I get stuck with that stupid *** ugly pig. UGH! I was really hoping Tsutarja or Mijumaru would get the Fighting Combo, ya know? There are only one of both Water/Fighting (Poliwrath) and Grass/Fighting (Breloom). Give us another, GF!

~Nemmeh
    I agree completely with everything you say here. I adore Tsutarja but i dislike using single typed pokemon so I don't know what to do.

Also, I think that we NEED more Grass/Fighting and Water/Fighting types. Breloom and Poliwrath rock!
    Wanted Team:

Current Team:

I got a shiny burmy off GTS!
    I offered a normal cherubi for a burmy and someone gave me a shiny burmy but i didn't even notice until I saw the red star about a week later. Luckily it is male so it can evolve into a awsome blue mothim.

Yes, it pisses me off! 3 fire/fighting starter in a row? I mean, that's just freaking lame and stupid. I want 2 see other combo too, you know, gosh! >=(
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

I don't see why everyone is complaining. We've had pure water twice in a row, but no-one gave a damn about it. Fire/fighting is a great combo giving it STAB on the second most powwerful type and negating it's rock weakness. Each one is diffenrent.
    Blaziken hits as hard as hell with Superpower and flare blitz. It devotes a lot more to power than Infernape.
    Infernape got Close Combat allowing continued sweeping. It may be nowhere near as powerful as Blaziken but it's very, very fast.
    Emboar has boatloads of HP and Bulk Up to compensate for that defense. It's a bulky sweeper in a similar mould to curse users. It builds up massive attacking power while aquiring unbeatable defenses. The previous two were so frail the couldn't boost there stats easily without a sub. Emboar can stand there all day taking hits getting ready smash there heads in with Hammer Arm, Flare Blitz and Wild Bolt(WTF).
    It be lacking in variety when concerning type but there pokemon behind the red and brown boxes are all awesome in there own unique way.
    If you still haven't changed your way of thinking even the slightest then read this: '...it grows a beard of flame...' Facial hair is epic enough without it being made of fire. not to mention infernape's flamin head.
    /rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast