View Poll Results: Is the Fire/Fighting starter getting old?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 77.86%
  • No

7 5.00%
  • I don't care

24 17.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you Tired of the Fire/Fighting Starter Type?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostcat View Post
    I was REALLY looking forward to a new fire type. The way it had been going, I was expecting either a pure fire type, or a nifty combination. Fire/Dark perhaps.

Fire/Dark
    fire/dark or dark/fire, has been done before

Is this even a question? We've got the Bulky version in Blazekien, whose getting speed boost anyway, and the glass cannon version in Infernape. There's no other archetype left to take the combo into.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

I like all the fire fighting type pokemon, they're all awesome!
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

yeah, so I found pokerus 1 hour of playtime into ORAS.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

SOOOOO unoriginal. 3 generations in a row isn't even trendy, that's just damn lazy. Mintendo, get your **** together. I could honestly CARE LESS about the type...I love the design of the pokemon, but really? 3 generations now, spanning how many years we've been reliant on a fire/fighting type. There was a handful of other types that could've been chosen to...

~THREE SEE~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsirius View Post
    Is this even a question? We've got the Bulky version in Blazekien, whose getting speed boost anyway, and the glass cannon version in Infernape. There's no other archetype left to take the combo into.
    Blaziken is no way near bulky at all. 80/70/70 defences is very similar to Inernape's 76/71/71. Blaziken is simply pure power. Infernape's a glass cannon alright.
    Emboar is the bulky one. 110/65/65 defences are pretty decent and it also devotes a lot to attack, similar levels to Blaziken. Emboar is also pitifully slow at 65 base, especially compared to Blaziken's 80(it gets Speed Boost anyway) and Infernape's 108.
    Emboar is a bulky sweeper unlike the others. He stat boosts his attack and defences with Curse/Bulk Up and smashes through with little damage caused to himself.
    They have the same typing but wholly different strategies attached to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Blaziken is no way near bulky at all. 80/70/70 defences is very similar to Inernape's 76/71/71. Blaziken is simply pure power. Infernape's a glass cannon alright.
    Emboar is the bulky one. 110/65/65 defences are pretty decent and it also devotes a lot to attack, similar levels to Blaziken. Emboar is also pitifully slow at 65 base, especially compared to Blaziken's 80(it gets Speed Boost anyway) and Infernape's 108.
    Emboar is a bulky sweeper unlike the others. He stat boosts his attack and defences with Curse/Bulk Up and smashes through with little damage caused to himself.
    They have the same typing but wholly different strategies attached to them.
    My mistake- we have a tank and glass cannon.

But 65 in both defenses isn't nightmarishly bulky; you need Snorlax level HP to pull that off, which 110 is not, and it's vulnerable as it is with just base 65 physical defense. I've never run a serious Bulk Up set so I may be talking out of my unknowning rear end here.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

YES!!! I do get tired of that, but fire&fighting is a great combo so I'll still using it, but my fav fire&fighting type will always be Blaziken <3
    hope the next gen got a new fire combo type:/
    Pt: KELLY: 2794 0086 7743
    HG: KAILI: 3352 9412 6019
    PM me if you add me so I can add you back^^

I have no problem with it. If they do it again, it'll start to get tired.

If you copy and paste this into your signature, you will have copied and pasted it into your signature.

Yes, It's so boring.
    Theres no Fire/Psychic or Fire/Bug Starters which would be fun.
    The same old moves Like Mach Punch,Close Combat, Is boring
    I love Teddiusa
    My Black Team

By Gladeshadow

when I first heard about it I was seriously PO'ed, but in comparison to the other 2 It's my favorite.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

They could've picked so many more interesting types, but they had to go with fighting again? I love the crap out of Blaziken. Infernape was ok. Emboar looks a bit... odd. And the typing, I really want to see a Fire/Ground starter or Fir/Psychic. You know, with like, blue rings of fire swirling around it, being supported by it's psychic abilities. And the more fire there is, the stronger its psychic ability. But that's just me rambling. Maybe the other starters should have different types instead of being pure, but taunting us by giving us a fire type with a secondary type that's been done twice before is just annoying.
    It appears I cannot think of a good signature.

Fire/Fighting type starters are getting old. I liked Blaziken, I thought Infernape was average, and Emboar is also averge. I would have liked Emboar better if he had different typing.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Yea I am really getting tired of this starter type combo. I was 99% sure that Pokabu's evolutionsb were going to be fire/ground type. I mean, come on, they are pigs! If there is another generation of pokemon which there probably will be, the fire starter better have a different type combo. I'm even fine with a pure fire type like Typhlosion.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I kinda like Sun Wukong and Zhu Bajie. Oh well, I honestly don't care for the fire starter anyway. Daikenki shoulda been fighting though, but this isn't about the water starter. Fire and Ground coulda been nice for a Ground trainer such as my self.

I would like to see something new. But I guess we'll have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa11 View Post
    Yes, It's so boring.
    Theres no Fire/Psychic or Fire/Bug Starters which would be fun.
    The same old moves Like Mach Punch,Close Combat, Is boring
    Out of the starters Mach punch and Close Combat are learned by Infernape only.
    blaziken gets double hit and Sky Uppercut.
    Infernape got mach punch and Close Combat.
    Emboar got Arm Thrust and Hammer Arm.

Very different. Repeat. Very different.

When will some realise that same type =/= same pokemon/strategy attached to pokemon. Look at Fortress and Scizor, nothing like eachother, you play them nothing like eachother, one as a wall and a hazarder, the other a prority sweeper, yet they share types.

I really liked Blaziken, Infernape was okay, but now I'm sick and tired of Fire/Fighting types thanks to Emboar.
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/PokeTown_2/index/
    My site. Join, please.
    O o
    /Ż/___________________________ ___________
    | BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGG GGHHH!!!!
    \_\ŻŻ
    Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonloverXD View Post
    No law can stop me, I'd still play it even when they catch me and execute me. I'd rather die while playing a Pokemon game than live with no Pokemon games to play :P
    SPP Wife: ~Team_Mudkiepz~ <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rayquaza Master777 View Post
    I really liked Blaziken, Infernape was okay, but now I'm sick and tired of Fire/Fighting types thanks to Emboar.
    I'm beginning to get annoyed of absent-minded assumptions here.

i luved Blaziken,Infernape grew on me fast,but i think Embroar has a very slim chance. (as much as i luv Fire types,im probably gonna wind up w/ my dear Smugleaf or Mijumaru.Their evolutions look cool.) I didnt mind the typing the 2nd time w/ Infernape, but i was hoping for s/t like:
    Fire/Ghost
    Fire/Dark
    or
    Fire/Ground
    I am the Kingdom of Norway in the Hetalia Fan Club

Spoiler:- Credit:

The Boston Tea Party-Hetalia Style
    Originally posted by mariobrosvswariobros
    I think it would be chibi America dumping tea down the toilet
    Originally posted by TeamRocketGrunt
    Yeah, he'd be all like "Why are you dumping my prized tea?! My mumsie always-" and then America would carry on. Hahahahaha!

Come to think of it, Fire/Fighting is starting to get lame. The last time i'm picking a fire starter is Pokabu. Blaziken was cool. Infernape? Many of my friends were obsessed with Infernape..pokabu? whatever, it's cool.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I heard that both Infernape and Emboar are based on the same Chinese Legend. That is the only part that bugs me: using the same exact basis to create two similar but unrelated Pokemon. There are many butterflies in the world, so having two butterfly Pokemon based on different butterflies is fine in my book. Two fire/fighting chinese characters twice in the row is not.

It doesn't matter too much, though, as I'm getting Smugleaf as my starter.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Pork fat rules!!!

Kidding. I really am tired of the fire-fighting type combination on a starter. It does strongly look like they can't think of anything else. At least with Grass types they have used some variation in the past three Generations.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Pork fat rules!!!
    oH FINALLY!

Kidding. I really am tired of the fire-fighting type combination on a starter.
    That's just taking the mick now...

It does strongly look like they can't think of anything else.
    A well reasoned opinion? What?!

At least with Grass types they have used some variation in the past three Generations.
    Wow, a rare decent post in a flood of mediocrity. Pokemon and all related to it never ceases to amze me...

oh noes I need to fgight Platinum's elite 4 at noon!

I don't really mind too much, since I almost never get the Fire Starter.

Before the starter Pokémon's types were revealed, I really hoped that this generation's Fire-type starter Pokémon would not be of the Fighting type. I was quite disappointed when I found out about Enbuoo's type, as I hoped that it would have a more unique type combination, though later, I quickly got over that and now I no longer mind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast