Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

I also didn't like the battle with Shooti. I know Pikachu wasn't at 100%, but it shouldn't be getting KO'd so quickly by a brand new starter after it just tied with a Latios.
    I couldn't agree more. I liked the episode overall, but the first battle between Ash and Shooti was real disappointing. The one against Paul was much better.

Um I'm a bit confused. It looks like it's a new series. Cause normally they show Ash coming back home and stuff. And it looks like he's really short. In the show even mentioned he was still 10 years old.
    My HG FC: 1505 8547 9270
    My B/W FC: 3009 7474 0494

BW record- 3 Wins - 4 Losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Altaria View Post
    Um I'm a bit confused. It looks like it's a new series. Cause normally they show Ash coming back home and stuff. And it looks like he's really short. In the show even mentioned he was still 10 years old.
    Well you can call it as an unofficial reboot, with the continuity still intact though.

I'm wondering at which point in the episode was Ash's only Pokemon Pikachu. We saw in DP191 that it was pretty evident with Staraptor and Torterra being there that he had the whole Sinnoh team with him. Does that mean he had Torterra, Infernape, Staraptor, Buizel, and Gible/Gliscor when he landed in Isshu? Or did he ditch them at the lab before he left for Isshu.

I don't think Ash brought any of his old poke'mon to Isshu apart from Pikachu.

Just noticed something in the episode:

"Flight #151 which departed from Kanto will be arriving shortly."

A nice little reference.
    I know it's not very important. Just felt like throwing it out there.
    Last edited by Ultimate Glalie; 12th November 2010 at 8:40 PM.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

i agree with golden altaria.It shows ash getting of his home getting a plane and landing in Unova.With out living his pokemon at the lab or seeing his old ones.he also looks much shorter and younger.And how could picachu who defeated a latios at the sinnoh league being defeated by that shivy that battled for the first time.And i also believe that the absent os Brock is going to make the anime worst

UltimateGlalie, nice catch! Also, the Sinnoh team was left in Kanto, he wanted to start fresh, like he always does (He doesn't always succeed, though like in Sinnoh), except for when he started Johto. And Orange, I think. Anyway, Electivire196, I think it was the fact that, at that point, pikachu could not use any of it's electric attacks, and Ash just didn't realize it. And Dent will provide a change from the constant "let's hit on Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny" scenes.

Omg omg omg just over 1 day till the bw premier w00t
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I have a feeling that the new opening may be a remix of the original theme.

Anyway, can't wait for the dub of this and the next episode tomorrow.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

hol123, I personally hope for a translation of the Japanese theme. Have you heard it? It's good. We'll probably get the *sarcasm alert* WONDERFUL style of songs we get from the dub like last season's. Wasn't that great?*end sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerKira View Post
    hol123, I personally hope for a translation of the Japanese theme. Have you heard it? It's good. We'll probably get the *sarcasm alert* WONDERFUL style of songs we get from the dub like last season's. Wasn't that great?*end sarcasm*
    I love the japanese theme. It would be cool if it was kept the same.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I know, and I hope they do the whole turning the pokemon that have been seen in the show turning from a silohette (really misspelled, lol) into color thing that was really cool in the original.

has anyone noticed in the trailer, at the end when Jessie sends out Woobat, you can VERY briefly hear the music from the Japanese version. another clue that they will be using the same music in the dub? i really hope so, BW has some awesome music.

Japanese Subbed Version comments - Ash's new hat was really cool. Professor Oak's tropical shirt was cool. Zekrom's Thunder hitting Pikachu was epic with the music and sound effects. The Starters looked really cute when released from their Pokeballs. Mijumaru's reaction to Ash saying he was cute was great.

The battle between Ash and Tsutarja was ok... Too bad with Pikachu without electricity he clearly was going to lose. Grass Mixer looked like a really cool attack. Shooti is really a jerk, not as bad as Paul though. The opening before the episode starts was really cool.
    Last edited by G50; 12th February 2011 at 3:23 PM.

Whoa, Who's That Pokemon?! O_O

God that opening was short. They introduced the Who's That Pokemon thing again...
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

WHO'S THAT POKEMON!?

I just Nostalgia'd!

Intro was nice and they brought back "Who's that Pokemon!?"
    Awesome.

My mouth DROPPED when I saw Who's that Pokemon! Yay for nostalgia!! Glad its coming back! Anyway the episode is good so far, the opening was pretty decent... but far too short...

Default Us version

Openig-sucky
    Juniper voice-good
    Who's That Pokemon's return-cool!

~

So far, I have many opinions...

The opening was AWFUL. Seriously, that was the worst Pokemon opening ever.

The animation is beautiful, as expected.

And "Who's That Pokemon?" is back?! Wow!

The opening was better than I feared, but like everyone else, I thought it was too short. Who's that pokemon was a delightful surprise. I like that they haven't changed the background music (as far as I can tell).
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Weird trip voice? Coolish

~

Teip sounds too much like Paul.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast