Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

So the OP was just episode scenes, right?
    Also, I'm happy to hear the "Who's That Pokémon" thing is back (hopefully they'll keep it this time in the Hebrew dub...)
    How come you got to see the "Who's That Pokémon" so early in the ep? Is it now after the opening instead of the middle of the ep?... or I'm wrong and the ep is already in the middle by now?...

this is where America and UK need to come together and get this episode online as soon as possible for your friends across the pond! am dying of excitement!

The episode is already in the middle. Trip's voice is a lot like Paul, but that isn't a bad thing. I laughed when Trip called Pallet Town the "boonies".
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

So, is Nuvema Town confirmed now?
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    So, is Nuvema Town confirmed now?
    Well they said it yes?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Trip is Barry's old VA. It did sound like Paul but then Barry got his voice in there, and now I guess its kind of differentiated.

Yeah the opening was WAY too short! Hopefully it was just a short "first episode" version or something.

I like trips voice even if it sounds like a mix between barry and paul

Quote Originally Posted by ^ASH^ View Post
    So the OP was just episode scenes, right?
    no it's an edited shorter version of the japanese opening.

hi i'm new bear with me, so far the episode is exactly the same as the japanese version, which is a first.

not a fan of the theme song since i was watching best wishes.

Oshawa?? cute little otter!!

~

For some reason Ash was acting like a junkie in this episode. He was practically stalking that new trainer. I don't know why but I found it hilarious
    SoulSilver FC: 0562 2957 9153
    Hey all, glad to be here! While I don't battle professionally or anything, I wouldn't mind trading or battling for fun with anyone.

liking the new episodes

What was the opening like? How much of the Japanese opening did they cut? What was the song like? Who was the "Who's That Pokémon"? So many questions. :P

I am SO happy, they kept all of the music. This is umprecedented for a season premier. Dogasu's Backpack will be very happy!
    Wii Console Number: 2471 5162 9486 4718
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2449 4326 8585
    Pokemon Pearl: 0817 0421 0350
    AC: City Folk: 2063 2647 5316
    Xbox 360 GamerTag: Alex IR esq

If interested, send a private message reply posthaste.

I loved the theme you people complain to much. also I think Trip was Kirbopher

What was the opening like? How much of the Japanese opening did they cut? What was the song like? Who was the "Who's That Pokémon"? So many questions. :P -- speed suicune

^^ they cut the scene where pikachu is running, and move everything else, the scene where he meets the bird and fish pokemon is cut. and then the title of the show is in front of the japanese logos. which covers the pokemon. who's that pokemon - pidove the pigeon pokemon.

Pidove and Oshawott for the WTP

I thought this was a great start to the Black & White saga. However, the opening sequence was just plain awful; it sounded like a sell-out pop song. The animation was great, though. Of course, it still kept its sense of wonderment in the introduction (i.e. Ash seeing the new region's Pokemon).

I love how the season has already started off with a bang. The ominous cloud of Zekrom created an immediate sense of drama and mystery, and I can't wait to see how it plays into the main storyline. I also love that the show brought back the classic "Who's that Pokemon?" segment before the commercial break. This is a great way for the fans to become more acquainted with the new array of Pokemon.

What I don't like, however, is this Trip kid, which I'm sure is going to be Ash's new rival. He seems like a Paul-esque type of guy - a punk. It pissed me off that he thought defeating Ash and Pikachu was a huge accomplishment, considering Pikachu was having problems. I also found it a bit far-fetched that Snivy even contended with Pikachu - reality should set in a bit more in Pokemon. It's also odd how there was a correlation between Zekrom's cloud and Pikachu's inability to use electricity, as if Pikachu were being punished.

Overall, I found the opening to the new chapter appealing, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this new journey.
    SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SINCE I HAVEN'T BEEN ON SPPF FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS

Last.fm|Twitter

Thanks for answering so quickly! One more: what was the theme tune like? I presume there's singing, is it a man or a woman's voice?

Both.

Team Rockets new motto doesn't suck! how cool

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    Thanks for answering so quickly! One more: what was the theme tune like? I presume there's singing, is it a man or a woman's voice?
    Its a duet. Its short I agree but it doesn't suck. The people who say it sucks are Japanese raw fanboys/girls

the theme song is ok, but short, since it's been cut for time and since it also seems the show itself is going practically uncut, i can understand.

The opening did seem kind of weird, but it doesn't really matter to me. Trip is cool. It is annoying for Ash to have another mean rival, although Trip does seem a little less mean than Paul and he does take photos. Ash losing to Trip isn't surprising since Pikachu seemed to have lost a lot of power and we don't know what prior battles Trip's Snivy might have been in before being obtained by Trip. Professor Oak has bushy eyebrows, wow. "Who's That Pokémon?" was nice to see and it makes sense since Unova is a lot like Kanto.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

original japanese music, team rocket motto practically kept the same, good(ish) theme - i have to see these episodes, oh damn you UK!

Was it just me, or was anybody else surprised at the pronunciation of Pidove and Patrat? I thought for sure it was Pih-dove (beggining of Pidgeon and Dove) but it's Pee-dove, and Patrat was Puh-trat and not Pat-rat like I originally thought.
    [img]http://i55.*******.com/ok5yt.png[/img][img]http://i53.*******.com/zklvgm.png[/img]

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast