Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    The voices are better than the preview showed, oddly. Juniper doesn't sound like Dawn anymore, but Trip sounds like Barry, and I can't not hear it. The Pokemon's voices are good. Axew isn't annoying.
    A more "serious" Barry.

Also, now that I'm "hearing" the dialogue as opposed to "reading" the dialogue, it seems Trip is like a cross between Conway (analyzing things and going "by the book", sort of) and some of Paul (in the "condescending" sort of way).

I thought it was amusing that Ash doesn't think having a Pikachu in Uknowva (Yes, I actually think it sounds somewhat better than "Unuva"... oh well), while Trip is just all over it... not as much as Iris though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    A nice start to a new region. unggghhhh I want to play BW so much right now

Axew didn't sound like I thought he would (I figured it'd be more like Gible), but it's not bad.
    No... no... no... That would not have worked well. I like the way it sounds.

I like Trip, even if he does seem a bit elitist. I'm really surprised they let him use "boonies"; it's not something you hear at all much less on children's tv shows. At first I thought maybe he'd be Paul-but-with-a-camera, but he seems to care for his Pokemon (I liked his comment towards Snivy after the battle) and overall have enough differences that I see I was kind of ridiculous in my assumption.
    On that note, he seems to be a cross between Paul, Conway and Barry... based on what I can tell. Or hell, Conway and Gary even.

The Who's that Pokemon?! section returning made my day. It's been, sheesh, since Advanced Generation since we've had that? A shame they didn't put in voices, though.
    It caught me off guard, yes, but I didn't mind it. I mean, the only reason I liked it was because I could actually get the pronunciation of the Pokemon names that way. But, they didn't add voices, so it's a tad trickier. At least it'll be easier to memorize them now.

Also, I don't know why, but Iris sounds like a cross between Candice and Lyra in terms of voice.

And finally, serious Team Rocket... with the old voices? :/ This could take some getting used to. At least it's good to know that they'll have better exploits that truly demonstrate the change they've taken.

That, or maybe it's because I'm so used to hearing the Jap voices for them in the serious tone that I associate it more with that... I don't know.

Overall... (Unuva, it flows better than Uknowva, but it sounds "lazy". Oh, nevermind then, it's perfect )

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Trip has something from every rival.
    Gary: Arrogance
    Barry: Voice
    Paul: Attitude
    Conway: Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    And finally, serious Team Rocket... with the old voices? :/ This could take some getting used to. At least it's good to know that they'll have better exploits that truly demonstrate the change they've taken.
    Team Rocket's old voice actors are back? O.o
    Or do they just sound like they used to sound?

Team Rocket's voices are the same from the end of Sinnoh Victors. That's what Cobalt_Latios meant.
    Currently playing: Pokemon X
    Current Team: Talonflame, Greninja, Sylveon, , ,
    Current upcoming team(s): , , , , ,

I must say, I was pretty excited to see these 2 new episodes of the new series! I actually wanted to stock up on my favorite food and drink and watch it.

-First let me get this out the way: I was hoping the VAs would change for this. But i should've known better. Like Oak's, Delia's, and Team Rocket.
    -I like how much screentime Oak and Delia are getting seeing as they haven't been seen in ages.
    -I liked Ash's enthusiasm about seeing a whole new region and all new Pokemon. I actually understand why Ash would think that a Pikachu in Unova isn't that big a deal 'cuz he's been with him for practically 15 years. Yet he's still 10. (GTFOH)
    -Seeing Zekrom was kind of a "wow" to me. Never in all the years of the anime has the main legendaries appeared in the very first episode. (Well, I guess Ho-oh counts but was introduced in the 2nd gen)
    -Trip! I like that name! Definitely urban for an urban region like Unova. He seems ok to me.
    -The Pokemon starter voices was okay especially Oshawatts. I really hope that they put some uniqueness into these voices this time around.
    -Team Rocket. ACTUALLY didn't annoy me in the first 2 eps. I'm loving it! But how i wish the original VAs from the first season could take over this time around. I don't mean Maddie B. (R.I.P) I mean the very first Meowth VA before Maddie took over. He would be perfect for new TR.
    -I also like how Giovanni's VA is back and that he's going put in alot of appearences this time around. No more dream sequence Giovanni!

I'm giving this a 9/10 Great start to a new gen. I'm actually looking forward to future eps and the games themselves which really surprises me that the new series is already starting and the games haven't come out yet until next month. They usually tie in within a week or two.

I'm really liking this new gen so far. Makes me wish I could change my user name from G4Pokefan to G5Pokefan. Because I wasn't a fan of the 4th gen that much anyway.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Liked the episode. Trip wasn't very nice to Ash, but he isn't a jerk to his pokemon like Paul. And Team Rocket was cool, and *Gasp* serious.
    Pro Nuzlocker.

Ok, lets start at the beginning with the opening which at first sounded awful the first time I listened to it but on a second attempt I really enjoyed it. Maybe because it has a similar rhythm to sinnoh league victors which grew on me in exactly the same why and I should think it will grow in the same way for some of you guys. What I really wanted to comment about on the opening was the words I think they really suit and there are some clever lines too . Gamefreak wasn't kidding when they were doing a totally new start, they have invaded the anime too :S.

The episode I see less of an opening and more of a transition episode, at least the first half of it anyway. I thought it was nice to see the travelling from kanto to sinnoh and as mentioned before the flight number was a good reference. The rest of the episode was good overall with Zekrom and the visit to Juniper's lab. The only bit that really frustrated me was the battle. Even though I could understand why pikachu lost I was really frustrated it lost in the way it did, infact it should not have lost at all.

My final comment is on trip. As a character he is very niave, not particularly streetwise (so to speak) and everything is by the book. The boonie reference was interesting but was it a reference to just pallet town or generally the other four regions in general as we know those are linked by boat routes as Unova is accessed by Boat-plane. Nonetheless, I find Trip a symbol for the west/east divide in our lives. There is a general feeling in our world where we look down on the eastern world and we deem them inferior (even though this is gradually dying out due to the west and east getting closer and closer) which I think is quite clever.

Overall, I quite enjoyed the transistion episode.

------

WARNING: Please do not take the statement I am about to tell seriously. You have been warned.

Oh my word. Already, Tobias' newly captured Zekrom of the Unova region has taken revenge on the pest of the pikachu which brought down his precious Latios in the Sinnoh League. However, has Tobias returned with his Zekrom a second time to finish off the job?
    Last edited by Orton155; 12th February 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario770 View Post
    Liked the episode. Trip wasn't very nice to Ash, but he isn't a jerk to his pokemon like Paul. And Team Rocket was cool, and *Gasp* serious.
    Just wait till episode 7 hits. Then you'll see something that has hardly ever happened before. And then it becomes consistent.

Like I've mentioned before, I was very excited for Black and White for specifically this reason.

/CL

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Thats the basics

I dont like team rocket being so serious... i really really liked them goofing off and like going phyco...

im glad the voice actors where kept, it wouldve been hard for me to adjust with new voices.... was ash's voice actor kept as well?

Higlight of the premiere: Who's That Pokemon? is making a comeback. Fully surprised.

IT'S PIDOVE! Omg, I'm so glad that the episodes are flowing very well, along with this awesome side game of the show.

The opening theme song was amazing. The tune and sound of it was real catchy; I'll need to go listen to it again. I dont like the opening itself though; the 3D models and no anime clips are kind of meh to me. Hopefully they change this in Season 15 and onward.

I loved the whole episode to it's potential; this was so much better than the DP premiere by far, and I was growing excited after each minute.

Jessie and James' new Black TR outfits are super uber awesome in Black, and more Giovanni! I like how Team Rocket is working well, while not taking time from the show for sidewalk humor. I look forward to the rest of their BW appearances.

Iris and Axew are awesome as well; so I look forward to having them in the gang from now on.

Trip is pretty cool too, and I'm glad he starts off different in the series than Paul. He may be cocky, but he sounds like a interesting rival later on.

Wonderful first two episodes so far, I really cant wait for next weeks episode. SO AMAZING.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

the backgrounds in the episode were simply beautifully put. Also, I recognized most of the actors and secondly you'll never guess who Prof. Juniper is voiced as; Khristine Hvam. She also voiced Alice from the Darkrai film and Francesca in "The Bells Are Singing!"

Barry > Trip
    Dawn > Nurse Joy ( says bulbapedia ) and Giovanni's secretary
    Iris > Jupiter ( mind blown ) , Lyra (obvious), and Zorua.

Barry > Trip
    NO WAY? That's the same voice? I never even would have guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    the backgrounds in the episode were simply beautifully put. Also, I recognized most of the actors and secondly you'll never guess who Prof. Juniper is voiced as; Khristine Hvam. She also voiced Alice from the Darkrai film and Francesca in "The Bells Are Singing!"

Barry > Trip
    Dawn > Nurse Joy ( says bulbapedia ) and Giovanni's secretary
    Iris > Jupiter ( mind blown ) , Lyra (obvious), and Zorua.
    Hmm... I thought Alice sounded more like Dawn, so I thought it was her too. Guess not.

Eileen Stevens is Iris's VA, whoever told me it was Colleen O'Shaughnessey who voiced Zorua, I have a bone to pick with you...

So that leaves us with Emily Bauer/Jeness for the new Nurse Joy/Giovanni's Secretary.

Wow, talk about a new roster this time around.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    NO WAY? That's the same voice? I never even would have guessed.
    It's subtle, but that may be because this character is more "down to earth" than Barry.

/CL

- Cobaltios

--I REALLY like the new theme song, but what's up with soft ballads two seasons in a row? (This new one more on the pop/rock side)

--Team Rocket being serious is a disconcerting change. But their earnestness in actually being of use to Giovanni is notable. I hope they don't get the idea that they've always been like this though!! Also, Meowth realizing he's a foreign Pokemon was cute. I'd be like "If anyone asks, I'm a local!! Really!"

--Iris is warm, likable and slightly tougher than I thought she'd be. Of course, knowing who she is in the game I shouldn't be surprised. I wonder why she's all the way out near the starter village? Does she have an annoying home life like Misty and Brock initially? I'm really curious!

--Trip reminds me of this old wives tale of a certain guy who in the pre-digital era took all kinds of obsessive pictures in Venice. When asked if he had any fun he said "I can't wait to go home just to see all the wonderful sights I took in!" He seems flippant, but it feels more of an actual disconnect on his own situation than any sort of true meanness. I guess it's odd that he's not terribly excited about the entire affair and even lacking any brutal ambition that Paul had.

--The "family dinner" with Ash, Oak, and Delia was noted. If I were Ash I'd ask why Prof. Oak feels the need to hang out with my mom so much.

--Ash (or more precisely Pikachu) being the hot new thing on the block was quite refreshing. As was the "He's just my friend" stance Ash took on the whole thing.

--Who's That Pokemon was the true mega shock of this outing!

--At the end, if I were Ash I'd be wondering if Professor Juniper knows if she's down one Pokemon or not.
    Last edited by fenris91; 13th February 2011 at 3:42 AM.

Okay. The english dub was good. The voices are all pretty fine. Still can't stand Oak's voice, and Ash's voice is just not as good as it was with Veronica, but Ash does indeed sound a tiny bit better to me. Iris is nice. Trip sounds older than 10, and if "That's basic" becomes a catchphrase, it'll wear out its welcome pretty fast. Still a disappointingly unbelievable battle between Pikachu and Snivy, but seeing Trip half-compliment Snivy at the end was wonderful (especially since Snivy's looking-backwards pose was adorable).

Also, the animation seemed brighter, cleaner, and more expressive than DP did. That might be the effect of brand-new-series-itis, but I liked it.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Not sure why people are so harsh on the new opening, I'm actually ok with it seeing as it's a nice short song, and it doesn't make me feel embarrassed about watching the show. ok first off BGM is all intact keep it up guys. and holy they brought back the who's that pokemon bit (though I find it odd that when revealing the pokemon we don't hear it making its cry), I haven't been this pleasantly surprised since Vegeta yelled the OVER 9000 line on the tv dub of Kai. I'm very pleased with the dub, keep it up guys that are in every way superior to 4kids!

Im really impressed with the dub episode, I thought it was good. Really good dubbing i daresy it

Agreed. Trip's "That's basic" will get annoying really quick. He said it three times!

- "And here are your Pokeballs. You can carry up to six Pokemon around with you." "Yeah that's basic."
    - "Goin' for Gym battles?" "That's basic."
    - "I think you two had better start over with the basics!"

This is gonna get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Braviator View Post
    Agreed. Trip's "That's basic" will get annoying really quick. He said it three times!

- "And here are your Pokeballs. You can carry up to six Pokemon around with you." "Yeah that's basic."
    - "Goin' for Gym battles?" "That's basic."
    - "I think you two had better start over with the basics!"

This is gonna get old.
    I think Trip's "basic" and "boonie" will become as annoying as Paul's "pathetic."

Loved this episode! I really like how they made Pikachu's Iron Tail made of iron. When the "Who's That Pokemon" part came, I almost screamed, "IT'S PIDOVE!" I was so joyful that the "Who's That Pokemon" part came back. Unfortunately, I ended up pronouncing Pidove's name wrong.

I <3 the new song; its style is different in a new way, with coolish 3-D Pokemon!
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    Loved this episode! I really like how they made Pikachu's Iron Tail made of iron.
    When I saw the Japanese preview for BW, I was quite surprised to see that Iron Tail... looks like an Iron Tail. I've referred to it (to myself anyways), as the "Clever" attack.

And Thunderbolt/VT look like actual electricity.

Oh yeah, I really dig the animation for this season .

/CL

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by fenris91 View Post

--The "family dinner" with Ash, Oak, and Delia was noted. If I were Ash I'd ask why Prof. Oak feels the need to hang out with my mom so much.
    That was episode 2, not this one. Anyway, i saw the episode, I liked it, I didn't like the opening at first, but now it's okay. Who's that Pokemon is nice to see, the episode was good, the only interesting part was he arrival and when Ash saw the first bunch of Unova Pokemon.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

i dint like the new song
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

I wish they had kept the original song. Or had someone at least translate it.
    Let's all hope for the best from Best Wishes! Let's hope our wishes for it come true!

See what I did there?

My only concern was the music they would use in the dub. I just hope they continue like this.

I like the fact that they brought back Who's That Pokemon?. When I first saw they brought it back, it made my day.
    Let's all hope for the best from Best Wishes! Let's hope our wishes for it come true!

See what I did there?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast