Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I can't believe they actually brought back Who`s that Pokemon!!! It's like the original anime all over again!
    You act like that's a bad thing.

Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    A boonie is an unsophisticated city or town. I, sadly, thought that Ash was little bit too annoying with Trip.
    Trip's voice sound a lot like Barry and a little of Paul's
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

I really like the dub. I set a Saturday alarm so I watch them all. I'm such a poketard.

I really liked the opening. But for some reason I always like the opening songs, but I thought the voice was nice and the lyrics were good.

I liked all the voices, I found no problem with them. But that could be because I've been watching Fruit's Basket... Team Rocket still seemed a little derpy, but it seems they get more serious as time goes on.

I really thought I was going to hate Axew's name, but I kinda like it now. This series is shaping up nicely. Also, I think my mom's ashamed I answered BOTH of the "Who's that Pokemon?" things.

Quote Originally Posted by Qymaen View Post
    I think that it's an Isshu slang word for a ghetto place.
    Actually, that's a real slang word in real life. Usually it means like a rural or hillbilly-ish area away from the cities.

I was surprised that the writers had Trip say boonies.
    Let's all hope for the best from Best Wishes! Let's hope our wishes for it come true!

See what I did there?

Decent episode but I just cant accept Oshawott! Mijumaru is 1000x funnier!!! Why couldnt they have kept the voice and name??? They've done it before with another starter! (Chikorita)

Altho I think Axew will grow on me. Trip too, he may sound like Barry but he still has interesting voice - plus he seems to be quite the opposite of Barry. But Oshawott

Trip is voiced by the same person as Barry. He's just using his not hyper voice. That said, I really liked Barry in DP and I hope he comes back.
    Let's all hope for the best from Best Wishes! Let's hope our wishes for it come true!

See what I did there?

is it me or in this ep they said ash is still 10 yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by catch me if you can View Post
    is it me or in this ep they said ash is still 10 yrs old
    Of course, Ash never ages.

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    yet they still call the league a yearly event

In my head, Ash is at least thirteen. He went through Kanto and Orange in the same year and started Johto. He turned 11 around the halfway point of Johto, and then got to the fifth Hoenn gym before he turned 12. He's thirteen about the time he's fighting Fantina in Sinnoh, and he's still 13.

See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    By the way, what the hell are 'the boonies'?
    A boonie is an unsophisticated town or city. Ash WAS being a little bit unsophisticated with Trip, though.

Quote Originally Posted by catch me if you can View Post
    yet they still call the league a yearly event
    Ash hasn't competed in the same league twice. Why would all these leagues be happening at the exact same time?

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerKira View Post
    In my head, Ash is at least thirteen. He went through Kanto and Orange in the same year and started Johto. He turned 11 around the halfway point of Johto, and then got to the fifth Hoenn gym before he turned 12. He's thirteen about the time he's fighting Fantina in Sinnoh, and he's still 13.
    Don't try and think of it logically Spock. Think of the timeline like the Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by minredd View Post
    I thought he was 11yrs old, because in the pichu brother short didn't ash celebrated the first day he and pikachu met?
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

I thought the new series was really good, except I didn't like how they made Ash seems all stupid again starting a new journey. For example how he threw his pokeball with out weakening the Pokemon first! Come on he should of already known that! Other then that I like the series so far. All good voices, better theme song then Sinnoh League Victors, brought back "who's that Pokemon?", and Iris is a lot better then Dawn or May! Can't wait to see the more of the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing110 View Post
    I thought the new series was really good, except I didn't like how they made Ash seems all stupid again starting a new journey. For example how he threw his pokeball with out weakening the Pokemon first! Come on he should of already known that!
    He's just very excited. C'mon, don't tell you'd forget basic things while being overly excited for new stuff.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerKira View Post
    All this against the announcer saying Ash is 10, I think I will go for the announcer of the show and say he is 10.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Just watched this. It was a fine episode, but the opening was sort of bland. As for the episode itself, it was nice to see the starters. Too bad Ash lost to Trip, thanks to Pikachu's lack of electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Just watched this. It was a fine episode, but the opening was sort of bland. As for the episode itself, it was nice to see the starters. Too bad Ash lost to Trip, thanks to Pikachu's lack of electricity.
    Well there needed to be some way of making Pikachu weaker again. By any standards Pikachu should be near enough to level 100 by now, but at the beginning of each region (bar Johto) Pikachu's had something happen that makes her about the same strength as the region starters.
    That's how I've always seen it at least.

I found it strange how Ash is acting like a complete novice to Pokemon, but it really drives home the "fresh start" feeling the writers are going for. It was a good episode, and I'm really liking the nostalgia feeling from "Who's that Pokemon?"

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

After all this time, The dub is as perfect as it's going to be. (Can't expect them to keep the japanese opening)

All the voices were terrific (Yes, even professor Oak grew on me)

And the best thing about the episode, Every single piece of BGM was kept.

10/10

Btw, Did TCPi's Delia always sound that good?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post

Btw, Did TCPi's Delia always sound that good?
    The only other time we heard Delia was in AG's last episode, and that random DP ep where Ash talked to Delia on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    I thought he was 11yrs old, because in the pichu brother short didn't ash celebrated the first day he and pikachu met?
    People need to stop bringing this stuff up and trying to use it as "evidence."
    It's called a retcon, guys.

Ash simply doesn't age.

Its just time to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselClaw View Post
    Well there needed to be some way of making Pikachu weaker again. By any standards Pikachu should be near enough to level 100 by now, but at the beginning of each region (bar Johto) Pikachu's had something happen that makes her about the same strength as the region starters.
    That's how I've always seen it at least.
    Pikachu is male.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

This episode was great! The designs look very cool, and I liked the BGM. Nice to see Ash starting with some new clothes (liked them better than Sinnoh, imo), and in a new region! I know Pikachu lost its electricity thanks to Zekrom, but I was surprised when Iron Tail missed Snivy. I don't think Professors train the starters that much. I'm not surprised Trip won, the writers will always make the main rival beat Ash in a one-on-one battle against him with their starters. Anyway, I didn't like the theme song, because it just seemed pointless due to the length.

Episode Rating: 9/10
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast