Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyMae View Post
    So, I wonder why Prof. Oak wanted to go visit Prof. Juniper *wink* *wink*
    He wanted to visit Unova, and Juniper randomly showed up. So, I don't get what you're hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappo09 View Post
    Ash: That's a fire type, nice and firey!
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Dawn View Post
    Hej guys, I'm new to these forums

,but I got some serious criticism about the new season.

First of all , Ash seems younger now , still at age 10 , he also seem to have lost all of his experience :/ he couldn't even win from Tripp's Snivy with his LVL 100 Pikachu :s ! Also I don't like the new vibe around Team Rocket :s They became so serious and don't even say ''We're blasting off again" anymore :'( stupid... And now Brock is gone ... :/ and everything about the Sinnoh League seem to be forgotten :/ Didn't happen that severely in the beginning of Sinnoh League... Also the Iris character is so ... :/ uuh stupid kinda repetitive too.. "You're such a kid" :/ also nothing special here like pokemon contests which where COOOOL :s ! well thats my opinion ... What's yours ?!
    And here we go again.....

We will never know what level Pikachu is. And Team Rocket being serious and being less on screen is the best thing that has ever happened on this show. Unlike before when Team Rocket used to be doing nothing in certain episodes, I found it very unecessary. I don't have a problem with Trip. I do have a problem with the the writers making him the only rookie in this saga. Is that really his fault?
    Last edited by Caseydia; 30th October 2012 at 8:34 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

And here we go again....

That post you're replying to is a year and two months old, Caseydia. It isn't likely that you're going to have a discussion with that user. Aslo, Stephan and Bianca are both rookies.

-----

About the episode, it was great. I'll admit, Worst Wishes started out very well. Too bad after Castelia City or so, the episodes and writing started to get worse and worse. My only problem is the fact that Zekrom appeared only to blast Team Rocket and Pikachu and do nothing else. That just doesn't make sense. Also writers, if you want to reset Pikachu, you can do so without making him suffer some dumb injury in the first episode of every series.

BW actually started off really well, almost like the series had a rebirth. The voice acting finally became tolerable for a while (then it went back to subpar in Season 15 IMHO, sadly) and Ash's VA went up drastically with the start of this episode in BW (she, unlike the others, seems to be getting better at the role at long last though it's obvious she's imitating Taylor poorly). Sadly the VA work for James and Meowth starts getting worse for Cathcart as of this episode. He cannot pull off James being serious (and people make fun of Eric...I can't take Zoppi seriously for a minute in this role...but he's so bad at being serious it's funny so I give him points for that), nor make Meowth serious but lovable at the same time. Natochenny starts off well here as Ash, actually, but her Delia is still just awful for the dub. Professor Oak's VA is the same as BF quality just like Delia is.
    It's a good start to a saga I actually thought was going to be super awesome, but it does disappoint. Not bad though, of course.

Sub: 90/100
    Dub: 70/100 (+5 for Ash's VA improvement, -5 for her Delia not improving, -20 for James and Meowth's VA's deprovement, and his Oak remaining stagnant)
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 30th October 2012 at 1:19 AM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    And here we go again....

That post you're replying to is a year and two months old, Caseydia. It isn't likely that you're going to have a discussion with that user. Aslo, Stephan and Bianca are both rookies.
    You never know whether the user might look in this thread section again. And yes Bianca and Stephan are rookis too. I know this. I just wish people wouldn't just belittle Trip only because of it when it's Ash that seems like he's the rookie.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    You never know whether the user might look in this thread section again. And yes Bianca and Stephan are rookis too. I know this. I just wish people wouldn't just belittle Trip only because of it when it's Ash that seems like he's the rookie.
    Virgil might be a quad region veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Virgil might be a quad region veteran.
    Why are you guys mentioning characters who hadn't even debuted as off this episode?

Random : PokéRadar

You never know whether the user might look in this thread section again.
    Doubt it, considering that user has not been online since August of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Why are you guys mentioning characters who hadn't even debuted as off this episode?
    Because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Because they can.
    It's not relevant to this specific episode and may create spoilers for people who may have just begun to watch BW.

Random : PokéRadar

This episode had the most ******** battle of all time.

This is an okay episode

This is the first episode of the Best Wishes series and the first episode of Ash's regression! I thought Ash was aged and matured throughout the AG saga and DP saga......this episode proved them wrong and announced that Ash's age is STILL 10! Ash's personality was in BW nothing like what his personality was in DP, instead he seemed to act even more childish(not in this episode, but the next episode)! It's sad that see Ash's Pikachu lost his electric powers and then lost to an inexperienced Snivy. Ash and Pikachu could do nothing to beat that Snivy because Pikachu lost his electrical abi.

I did like Ash's BW design and Professor Juniper's anime design, but still, this episode was Bad.

EDIT: I gotta say, TPCI did a great job by keeping all of the japanese music and bringing back "Who's That Pokémon!" in the english version of this episode. Seeing "Who's That Pokémon" after a long time was cool.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 2nd October 2013 at 2:18 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This series had so much potential at first. I was okay with Ash losing he was reckless with battling with Pikachu after that Zekrom thing happened. Trip and Snivy were cool, cooler then anyone else was in this episode.
    The Groove Adventure RAVE

Chapters 20 of Pokémon Go! is up.

Remember how good BW started off? To see where it is now in Da!...so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    This series had so much potential at first. I was okay with Ash losing he was reckless with battling with Pikachu after that Zekrom thing happened. Trip and Snivy were cool, cooler then anyone else was in this episode.
    I don't care what anyone says: Trip was not Paul 2.0. He was awesome and a badass. Yet another victim of the writers.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Remember how good BW started off? To see where it is now in Da!...so sad.

I don't care what anyone says: Trip was not Paul 2.0. He was awesome and a badass. Yet another victim of the writers.
    Since when exactly was trip a badass after the first club battle? And that horribly rigged junior cup

Since when exactly was trip a badass after the first club battle? And that horribly rigged junior cup
    No, I mean when he was first introduced. XD.

The writers turned him into that...thing we saw.

He wasn't a badass. He was just a potential good character who failed to reach his potential.
    Last edited by J Ken; 2nd July 2013 at 12:19 AM.

He wasn't a badass. xD He was just a potential good character who failed to reach his potential.
    Well, I mean compared to Ash, anyone's a badass these days.

JK.

He showed a lot of potential is what I meant to get at.

He was hilarious when he said Ash was "from the boonies." XD.

No, I mean when he was first introduced. XD.

The writers turned him into that...thing we saw.
    Casey was badass.....then she sent out a Pokemon and all of it blew to pieces.

Eh Snivy was the real badass.

Eh Snivy was the real badass.
    True. That, or Pikachu was the wuss. XD.

Casey was badass.....then she sent out a Pokemon and all of it blew to pieces.
    ROFL. She had a real fetish for Electabuzz and Baseball IIRC.

True. That, or Pikachu was the wuss. XD.

ROFL. She had a real fetish for Electabuzz and Baseball IIRC.
    I loved it back when they actually referenced real world stuff back then rather than poke everything...

Oh right back on topic, err zekrom had a better showing than Reshiram at least, at least he was free.

I loved it back when they actually referenced real world stuff back then rather than poke everything...

Oh right back on topic, err zekrom had a better showing than Reshiram at least, at least he was free.
    Same here. I miss when there was less poke-this and that myself.

Anyway, I agree. Zekrom's showing was much better than Reshiram's.

Zekrom shot a nerf ray that effected Pikachu on contact and took about 100 episodes for it to kick in on TRio. lol

Just started watching this series, I'm like three years late lol.

A pretty good way to commence the new series/season/region.

And this has been stated several times, but the fact that Pikachu was defeated by that Snivy is just..sad. I guess that's why the games =/= the anime
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Exeggudork has no shame or pity. What a ruthless monster.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast