This is an excellent way to kick off the Best Wishes! series.
Zekrom zapping Pikachu, Lilia's (Iris) introduction, and even the battle with Diaz (Trip) were well done. And even though Team Rocket didn't do anything before Zekrom came in, them being serious was a step in the right direction and darkened the atmosphere.
very weird indeed but pikachu shouldn't of been reset
My goodness, this is how you start a series! I was fed up with the way the show was being handled through Advanced, and when Battle Frontier started I had had enough. I skipped forward to the Diamond and Pearl series but the didn't feel like it was any different than in Advanced, so I skipped forward again to Black and White.
And wow was this a much needed change. Amazing new art style, awesome new voice acting, and the episode unfolded so perfectly! Ash got a new rival right off the bat, a mysterious and powerful legendary was introduced as well, and his Pikachu got it's butt whooped! I know many people feel the Pikachu Snivy battle was cheap, unfair, and poorly written, however the situation was 100% understandable and I believe it was great for Ash's character.
This was an episode that re-sparked my interest in the show. I'm super excited to get to watch the rest of the series now!
Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?
Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore
Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 22nd August 2014 at 3:17 AM.
Black2/Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
- Name- Dale Hudson
- Status- Just received a call from Mai saying that she & Joey are somewhere in Lumiose City, though she hung up without an explanation |:\
- Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
- Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
- Graduated from- Aspertia Academy
Wow, when I heard that BW was supposed to be a sort of 'reboot' for the show, they weren't kidding, what with the show immediately staring like it's the very episode of the series.
Not that I'm complaining because of that. I mean, you'd hardly notice he just finished traveling the Sinnoh region one episode before.
Trips personality and attitude towards Ash, to me, seems like a mix of Gary and Paul turned up to eleven.
I already miss how TR use to behave for most of the season,. Yeah, I said it. I enjoyed their zany antics.
Bt I also like how they're more serious about their line of work. I mean, change is always nice.
Last edited by Painkiller2001; 12th January 2015 at 7:28 PM.
Claimed by me!
All of the suspense that this episode ended with was pointless. Pikachu's electricity dilemma was solved in the first two minutes of the next episode, and none of the characters had to do anything for this to happen.
As for the rest of this episode, it was lackluster at best. Trip never interested me.
I can even tell what you're thinking right now
It wasn't that bad. There were some nice Pikachu/Ash interactions. I liked the way Pikachu was feeling all bad because he has to have all those tests and Ash is really concerned when the lights go and Pikachu starts sparking in pain. And they way they hugged after the storm was really cute as well.
There are four things that I really didn't like:
1. Ash should have called the battle off when he realised Pikachu was still being affected by Zekrom. It was wrong of him to make his partner battle when he was sick.
2. Pikachu's first battle of the series should not have been a loss. I would argue that even despite the inability to use electric type attacks he probably could have beaten Snivy. By comparison Ash and Pikachu win against Clemont and Bunelby (who are not begginers like Trip) in the opening episode of the XY series. A much better outcome and really does make me wonder whether the BW writers had it in for Pikachu
3. This is the first of many occassions where the BW series uses Pikachu as a punching bag. Trip's Snivy, Iris's Excadril, Cress's Panpour and Cameron's Lucario - all battles Pikachu should have won but lost. At least in XY Pikachu has won nearly all of his battles.
4. Zekrom does not reappear again in the entire series. Why not. We never learn what motive it had for hurting Pikachu.
Last edited by Pikachu52; 23rd July 2015 at 12:06 PM.
This is a story about Ash Ketchum and his loving partner Pikachu. These two share a bond far beyond that of ordinary pokemon and trainer. Together they pursue Ash's dream to be pokemon master and make friends with many different people and pokemon along the way. He and Pikachu train everyday to make this happen to fulfill their dream. But the path to victory is lined with danger. There are many challenges ahead for this couple. Ones that will make them see the world in a new light.
In that episode, I was really surprised how Trip's Snivy (should be level 5 in the game) could beat Ash's Pikachu even though if game theory was applied, Ash's Pikachu should defeat Snivy without trouble but struggled to beat it because Ash had just came to Unova and doesn't know anything about Unova Pokémon.
Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) TeamClaimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015Spoiler:- Other Claims: