Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Just started watching this series, I'm like three years late lol.

A pretty good way to commence the new series/season/region.

And this has been stated several times, but the fact that Pikachu was defeated by that Snivy is just..sad. I guess that's why the games =/= the anime
    God, that Pikachu-Snivy battle was terrible writing. Sure Pikachu didn't have any electric attacks, but he tied with a Damn Latios a week earlier...

This is an excellent way to kick off the Best Wishes! series.

Zekrom zapping Pikachu, Lilia's (Iris) introduction, and even the battle with Diaz (Trip) were well done. And even though Team Rocket didn't do anything before Zekrom came in, them being serious was a step in the right direction and darkened the atmosphere.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

very weird indeed but pikachu shouldn't of been reset

My goodness, this is how you start a series! I was fed up with the way the show was being handled through Advanced, and when Battle Frontier started I had had enough. I skipped forward to the Diamond and Pearl series but the didn't feel like it was any different than in Advanced, so I skipped forward again to Black and White.

And wow was this a much needed change. Amazing new art style, awesome new voice acting, and the episode unfolded so perfectly! Ash got a new rival right off the bat, a mysterious and powerful legendary was introduced as well, and his Pikachu got it's butt whooped! I know many people feel the Pikachu Snivy battle was cheap, unfair, and poorly written, however the situation was 100% understandable and I believe it was great for Ash's character.

This was an episode that re-sparked my interest in the show. I'm super excited to get to watch the rest of the series now!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    This is an excellent way to kick off the Best Wishes! series.

Zekrom zapping Pikachu, Lilia's (Iris) introduction, and even the battle with Diaz (Trip) were well done. And even though Team Rocket didn't do anything before Zekrom came in, them being serious was a step in the right direction and darkened the atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by minerswhocraft View Post
    My goodness, this is how you start a series! I was fed up with the way the show was being handled through Advanced, and when Battle Frontier started I had had enough. I skipped forward to the Diamond and Pearl series but the didn't feel like it was any different than in Advanced, so I skipped forward again to Black and White.

And wow was this a much needed change. Amazing new art style, awesome new voice acting, and the episode unfolded so perfectly! Ash got a new rival right off the bat, a mysterious and powerful legendary was introduced as well, and his Pikachu got it's butt whooped! I know many people feel the Pikachu Snivy battle was cheap, unfair, and poorly written, however the situation was 100% understandable and I believe it was great for Ash's character.

This was an episode that re-sparked my interest in the show. I'm super excited to get to watch the rest of the series now!
    Too bad that the series started to go downhill after Nimbasa City
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 22nd August 2014 at 4:17 AM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

When this was on CITV I missed this episode and the last of DP because I decided to watch The World Cup Highlights for the 13283489034890th time that day.
    TheGuyWhoLovesMay - Pokemon MASTER
    My team :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Too bad that the series started to go downhill after Nimbasa City
    How exactly?
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516