Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Trip is a lot more annoying now that I know what he's saying. I don't think he's like Paul at all to be quite honest. Paul didn't like Ash because Ash thought of his Pokemon as his friends and he thought that was a sign of weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Trip is a lot more annoying now that I know what he's saying. I don't think he's like Paul at all to be quite honest. Paul didn't like Ash because Ash thought of his Pokemon as his friends and he thought that was a sign of weakness.
    Well Trip wasn't nearly as rude as Paul, nor as strong. His bravado here did piss me off, though. Him winning with Snivy was all down to sheer luck on his part since Zekrom nerfed Pikachu. :/

I think Trip's arrogance is understandable here in a way. I'd imagine a lot of rookie trainers act the same way. In his first ever battle he beats an experienced trainer without being aware that his opponent was nerfed. Hopefully Ash beats him later as learning to be more humble could be a way that Trip develops as a character?

Ŕ Pikachu Who beat a Latios got beaten by a starting Snivy? WTH? One of the worse episodes out there.
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617