Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: In The Shadow of Zekrom (660)

Well, this can be concidered a great ep because it feels new. But aside from than, then we only have a good ep left.

The beginning with Ash following hos mother and Prof. Oak was interesting, but are the two of them (the adults) always together? Not even Tracey was there this time!

For once the Pikachu reset was making sense as someone said, but still, yup a decent Quik Attack should put at least a starter out of commision. Shooti, well he shall be...well interesting to follow but hopw can we belivable think that he is a good rival for a guy who just made it top 4 in a Pokemon League and beat two legendaries?
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

It seems like Ash left is Sinnoh team back at home. Otherwise he could have whupped Shooti. I think that, given some time, he could become quite a challenger.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Journal- 29 chapters and counting!
    Most Recent Chapter- Several weeks after they arrive at Star Peak, Chance alerts Team Jump to a Darkrai Shard in the area.

Interested in a blog that reviews the Pokémon products of the past and present? Have a look at http://tompokenutter.wordpress.com/ !
    http://askredemption.tumblr.com/
    Ask the cast of Redemption anything you like!

I knew BW was a fresh slate, but I still don't like it. After seeing Pikachu defeat a Regice and tie with a Latios, Smugleaf beats it? I mean Smugleaf is epic but not that epic. I also don't like how they hit the reset button with Ash either, I mean the facial expressions are ridiculously over exaggerated, he acts like a little kid again (they even said he's 10).

Iris is really nothing interesting at all (but to be fair I guess perhaps she's almost as good as Dawn was). Shooti's not nearly as good as Paul was in DP. Team Rocket may seem more "serious" but it's only a matter of time before they become old hat again, and TR centered episodes have become quite tiresome anyway.

I also don't really love the idea of seeing level 1 Pokemon once again after seeing Pokemon like Sceptile, Torterra and Infernape. I know it happened in DP, but seeing it again is a little much for me.

I suppose Best Wishes serves it's purpose to newcomers and children but for a longtime fan like me...it's not doing it. I know I'm not the target audience anyway, so I can't complain too much.

Perhaps maybe down the line I'll watch the show again when they bring back old characters or show better battles but for now...I'm on break.

Zekrom is a badass though. Always.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 24th September 2010 at 5:37 AM.

Mijumaru is adorable in this and the following episode. Also Shooti is a bit of a throw back to classic Gary with a new spin with his camera.

stealing this from another forum where a guy posted a summary:

For anyone who couldn't really understand it, here's the basic gist of what happened:

- Oak invites Ash and his mom to a Pokemon professor summit in Issue

- Ash is really taken in by seeing the new Pokemon

- Team Rocket use a new machine to try to catch Ash, Zeckrom appears and it shocks Pikachu, overloading it and causing it to lose its electric abilities.

- Giovani tells Team Rocket to leave their Pokemon behind (except for Mewoth) and catch new ones native to Issue so as to not call attention to themselves since it seems nothing but Isshu region Pokemon exist here.

- Ash meets his rival, Shooti, who is at Araragi's lab picking his starter Pokemon

- Shooti basically thinks Ash is a bit of a hick, he's not as much of a **** as Paul, but still just not nice outwardly

- Shooti picks a Smugleaf, if I could describe the starters in one emoticon, Pokabu is "XDDD", Mijimaru is "^^;" and Smugleaf is ";D". Pokabu had this "...son of a *****." look on his face that was hilarious when Shooti didn't pick him.

- Ash battles Shooti, finds out that Pikachu can't use electric attacks.

- Araragi manages to get Pikachu's abilities back

- Ash wants to travel around Isshu and sets off

- Iris has never seen a Pikachu (or any Kanto Pokemon) before in person and is spazzing over seeing one in person, Pikachu is all "***** please -__-" over it and shocks her when she hugs him too tightly.

- Iris sleeps in a tree that night while Ash in his sleeping bag, she's gone in the morning

- Ash catches a Mamepato, Iris watches the entire thing and says Ash is acting like a child being so happy about catching a new Pokemon (not in a rude way, more like a "Man you're as giddy as a kid" way)

- Team Rocket attacks, Iris is filled in as to who they are, Team Rocket snatch Iris's Pokemon whose name I forget and Pikachu

- Jessie has a new Pokemon, the furball thing with bat wings, easily beats Ash's since he just caught it

- Just as Team Rocket is getting away, the Mijumaru from Araragi's lab shows up and saves them

- The new Joy is introduced at the PokeCenter. She says she's never seen a Pikachu in person before either. Ash says he's from Pallet Town and that she looks different from all the other Joys he has met.

- The Mamepato that Ash caught is just a bit of a show boat.

- Iris says that Ash is a little strange, and still a bit of a child, but she's really thankful that he helped her get her Pokemon back.

- Ash wonders why Mijumaru saved them, Mijumaru is watching from outside with a curious look on her face.

The first two episodes were rather good and definitely gave Ash a bit more of a unique reason for going to Isshu and travelling around it than just collecting badges and junk. The series itself does basically scream "reboot", Ash is ten years old again, there's next to no mention of anything that happened before, Pikachu couldn't beat a young starter Pokemon even with an Iron Tail.

Should definitely be a good story, I think these episodes did a lot to make me like Mijumaru, at least the one here. It's definitely going to be the next Chikorita, a starter Pokemon that has a crush on Ash.

I really liked these 2 episodes. They didn't quite play out as I had speculated, but as long as Satoshi still gets a Pokabu, I don't care. If I were in Satoshi's place about to battle Shooti, I'dve said "Put the goddamn camera down, and let's battle already!"

DLBROOKS33

I really liked these 2 episodes. They didn't quite play out as I had speculated, but as long as Satoshi still gets a Pokabu, I don't care. If I were in Satoshi's place about to battle Shooti, I'dve said "Put the goddamn camera down, and let's battle already!"

DLBROOKS33

What amuses me about Shooti with his camera is that I'd probably do the same. I love taking photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    What amuses me about Shooti with his camera is that I'd probably do the same. I love taking photos.
    Shooti = Shoot/Camera. Taking pictures.

Also:

Giovani tells Team Rocket to leave their Pokemon behind (except for Mewoth) and catch new ones native to Issue so as to not call attention to themselves since it seems nothing but Isshu region Pokemon exist here.
    So that's what was going on. Huh, so I guess that promotion had some interesting unintended side effects.

Holy crap, this is going to take some getting used to, but I'm very intrigued by what will happen next.

So... basically they went to Isshu for a "summit" of sorts, and Ash decides to partake in the Isshu League... or whatever it's called this time?

Wow, they're really taking the whole "Isshu is a country, not just a different region" to really far lengths.

I'm game .

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Great start to the Best Wishes saga.

That part with Zekrom's shadow was so freaking epic and it's cry was seriously sick. I can't wait to see more of it.

Haha, Mijumaru was so freaking cute. I just love it's face when Shooti picked Smugleaf as his starter. Not to mention, it already seems to like Ash a lot and it's following him already. I can tell you already I'm gonna gonna love the little otter. hehe xDD

I really love this episode and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode. It gets a 4.5/5 from me!

I wonder if BW can live up to DP in all its glory.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

The animation of Zekrom pulling Pikachu and everything was real awesome. One question though. What caused Zekrom to return Pikachu's electricity?

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Does it explicitly state ash is still 10 or are you assuming it from his childishness?
    a bit late, but it actually says it in the first 30 seconds of the episode, I specifically heard "Jyuusai" which means ten years old.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh... Anybody ever see Tuck Everlasting? So this is Ash Everlasting? Maybe a Pikachu's shocks freeze your age? Team Rocket'll live forever!

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Journal- 29 chapters and counting!
    Most Recent Chapter- Several weeks after they arrive at Star Peak, Chance alerts Team Jump to a Darkrai Shard in the area.

Interested in a blog that reviews the Pokémon products of the past and present? Have a look at http://tompokenutter.wordpress.com/ !
    http://askredemption.tumblr.com/
    Ask the cast of Redemption anything you like!

The only thing I hate about this season so far is that Wobbuffet's gone. I'm hoping that later on in the season, Delibird brings him back from headquarters

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

This. Owns.

I think it's better than DP. Iris is certainly likeable, as is Shooti.

I was blown away by the cuteness of Mijumaru and Tsutarja. You guys were right about the masculine voice o.O

Man, Shooti's Tsutarja is powerful for a starter, look at the strength of that Grass Mixer!

Um, i like the ship/plane hybrid thingy.

Does anyone else think Iris will get Pokabu?

I reaaaaally hope that Ash isn't back to being a newb again.

Confused tho. Did Delia move to Isshu?

ANYWAYS!
    Rating: 9/10
    Last edited by Mayfan; 7th October 2010 at 12:16 AM.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

^ NOP. Oak wanted them to come along on a pokemon professor summit.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Haha, that was a very nice start. The ep was very entertaining though I didn't like the fact that Ash just lost his very first battle in Isshu, it wouldn't have been much of a problem if Shooti was a nice guy but the guy was super arrogant and annoying, he won by pure luck, damn him! >.<

And why wasn't Mimie with Delia anyway? :/
    Last edited by pokemonloverXD; 24th September 2010 at 3:37 PM.
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    The only thing I hate about this season so far is that Wobbuffet's gone. I'm hoping that later on in the season, Delibird brings him back from headquarters
    Wobbuffet was poorly used in Sinnoh. Often it seemed like a last minute addition to the footage to fit it in. All it really did was pop out of it's Pokeball and yell it's name. In Johto and a bit of Hoenn it bothered Team Rocket and even blew their cover but here it just appears and doesn't really do anything.

I liked Wobbuffet but like Brock it had overstayed it's welcome and it's better it leave leaving fond memories than stay and get annoying for viewers rather than characters.

I think Mijumaru was way too showcased NOT to be owned by Ash... Pokabu kinda dissapeared after Ash left the lab... well thats cos it didn't run off or whatever. Overall.. good start. I'm glad they didn't do the "omg you broke my bike" thing again.. truly shows that its a fresh start.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

I....Thought this episode was OK. I liked the second one more. Nothing happened here that we didn't know about already...

WAIT,WHAT?!?!
    Ash has been confirmed as still 10?!?!
    That makes no sense, he should be at least 11, due to there being way more than 365 episodes.
    There's only one logical explanation. A year on PokeEarth is much, much longer than a RL year. Like as long as this series lasts >_<.

Speaking of pokeearth... Anyone else notice Isshu on the globe at the beginning?
    It's HUGE. No wonder they're acting like it's its own country...

I just wonder that how they'll bring Hoenn poke'mon to Issuh, considering there are RS remakes. And as for the age problem, we all know that Ash isn't likely to age any time soon. BW did bring hopes that Ash would look older, but all that went down the drain.

- Giovani tells Team Rocket to leave their Pokemon behind (except for Mewoth) and catch new ones native to Issue so as to not call attention to themselves since it seems nothing but Isshu region Pokemon exist here.
    OKAY, there are so many things wrong with this explanation that I don't know where to begin with.

1.) What makes Meowth the exception to this? He's not native to the land, what does he bring to the table in Isshu, that others don't besides speaking english(and even then Meowth's english speaking would draw attention to him)?

2.) Using their old pokemon brings attention to themselves but being criminals and commiting criminal activity DOESN'T?

3.) Why should Giovanni care if their old pokemon call attention to them?

This is quite possibly one of the stupidest explanations for taking away J & J's five pokemon, considering the contradictions. Yeah this isn't giving me much faith for this season.

Meowth is an important part of TR, and removing him would be as good as removing either Jessie or James. The trio won't be the same if anyone of them gets removed from the show, so they couldn't have just let Meowth stay with the others.
    And I think what Giovanni is talking about the criminal attention stuff, is basically that they can be spotted more easily if they are seen with poke'mon not native to Isshu(although I have to contradict myself that there uniforms work just as well as the poke'mon).

Quote Originally Posted by dougtrio View Post
    OKAY, there are so many things wrong with this explanation that I don't know where to begin with.

1.) What makes Meowth the exception to this? He's not native to the land, what does he bring to the table in Isshu, that others don't besides speaking english(and even then Meowth's english speaking would draw attention to him)?

2.) Using their old pokemon brings attention to themselves but being criminals and commiting criminal activity DOESN'T?

3.) Why should Giovanni care if their old pokemon call attention to them?

This is quite possibly one of the stupidest explanations for taking away J & J's five pokemon, considering the contradictions. Yeah this isn't giving me much faith for this season.
    Meowth isn't just another TR capture though... He's a member of the organization, Giovanni couldn't exactly fire him just because his species isn't native to Isshu.

Plus as I said in another thread Meowth spends a fair amount of time dressed as humans or different Pokemon.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast