Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

This anime is getting interesting. o_o
    Seriously, you guys keep pushing it down to the second page. Not fun for us. Mind registering so we can reach our goal of 35 players? Seriously, come on. Register pl0x. It's in the games forum just for future refrence.

*discussion of subbed episodes removed. Remember guys, posting links to streaming or downloadable episodes(subbed or not) is against the rules!*

Things to note in this episode.

- Ash seems to have canonically forgotten all of his experiences throughout the previous four regions, as demonstrated by his lack of knowledge in catching Pokemon. This is theoretically done in this new series as a nexus for "resetting" the anime at its very core. It seems to "reintroduce" Ash and co.
    - Team Rocket was shown to be more formidable (preferably to coincide with the start of a new series and to show off the prowess of their new Pokemon.)
    - Team Rocket didn't "blast off", they fled using a smoke bomb. Who knows, retreating may serve as their new discourse of defeat. They didn't "blast off" in the previous episode either.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 3rd October 2010 at 3:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megagodx View Post
    Ash seems to have canonically forgotten all of his experiences throughout the previous four regions, as demonstrated by his lack of knowledge in catching Pokemon.
    This is just how he is when he gets over excited about catching a Pokemon. The same thing happened with Treecko in Hoenn.

I finally saw this episode. It was nothing special to write home to write about really in my opinion. Mijumaru is adorable though!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I LOVED this episode soooo much. Iris is awesome, and so is Mijumaru. Ash and his Mamepato lost to Jessie's Koromori... I can't believe it. I hope TR stays serious.

WHAT!? The end of the bike gag? The world will end now...

Ash's attempt to capture Shikijika = fail

Kibago's voice is freakin' adorable. I hope it stays that way in the English dub.

Yes! Stalker Mijumaru! Hope it doesn't evolve. Futachimaru'd be okay though.

This episode made me realize one thing:

I like them being a duo. I'll be sad when Dent joins

On with the usual business....
    10/10 (WHAT!?)
    Last edited by Mayfan; 7th October 2010 at 12:22 AM.

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    I don't get one thing, though. If Giovanni doesn't want JJ&M to attract attention with Pokemon from other regions, then...what about Meowth? He's a Kanto pokemon that hangs around outside its pokeball. :O Sure, he will probably disguise himself but still.
    It's quite simply because Meowth is an agent of Team Rocket rather than a Pokemon they use. As you said Meowth will be in disguise whenever they're in public without battling the twerps much like Jessie and James will as black uniforms with a large red R is going to attract attention too even if no one has heard of Team Rocket.

It's quite simply because Meowth is an agent of Team Rocket rather than a Pokemon they use. As you said Meowth will be in disguise whenever they're in public without battling the twerps much like Jessie and James will as black uniforms with a large red R is going to attract attention too even if no one has heard of Team Rocket.
    Good point.

So was it Ash or the writers who was slipped the Idiot Ball? I picked up on continuity goofs like Mr. I-Suddenly-Don't-Know-How-To-Catch-Pokemon-Anymore when I was the target age for this show, and pulling crap like that just insults the intelligence of even the most casual viewers of a show.

Iris seems interesting, at least, so I'll give it a chance. Hopefully the writers will remember that there are ways of introducing Ash to a new region that don't involve him regressing back to his clueless noob days. They did it in the Orange Islands, they did it in Johto, and the did it in Sinnoh. I don't know why they dropped the ball on Hoenn and here, but at least this region is already showing signs of being more interesting than the interminable Hoenn saga. And no May or Max, either, which puts it lightyears ahead already.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by katfairy View Post
    So was it Ash or the writers who was slipped the Idiot Ball? I picked up on continuity goofs like Mr. I-Suddenly-Don't-Know-How-To-Catch-Pokemon-Anymore when I was the target age for this show, and pulling crap like that just insults the intelligence of even the most casual viewers of a show.
    How in the world is Ash getting excited to capture Pokemon, "regressing him to his n00b days?" This has happened plenty of times when Ash sees a new Pokemon he has never seen before.

Iris seems interesting, at least, so I'll give it a chance. I don't know why they dropped the ball on Hoenn and here, but at least this region is already showing signs of being more interesting than the interminable Hoenn saga. And no May or Max, either, which puts it lightyears ahead already.
    "Dropped the ball?" The Hoenn saga made it very obvious Ash was an experienced trainer, so I don't even know what you're talking about. As for your bizarre bias against May and Max, that is your issue, which thankfully is not shared by most. Do you even actually watch the show or do you pull BS reasons (mostly against Hoenn, for some reason? Did Hoenn emotionally scar you in some way?) out of thin air, katfairy? Just curious.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 2nd October 2010 at 6:18 AM.

No, it just bored the crap out of me. I found May and Max to be grating, Teams Aqua and Magma to be completely uninteresting, and the whole region felt like it took three times as long as Johto. (Yes, I know it didn't; it just felt like it.) I dropped the show in Hoenn and didn't start watching again until Sinnoh.

As for Ash acting like a noob- he threw a pokeball without even trying to battle the Pokemon. I don't care how exciting a new region is- and this is hardly the first new region he's been in- that's not just a rookie mistake, that's an I-just-started-my-first-journey-an-hour-ago mistake. Losing the battle against Rival was at least understandable; suddenly discovering Pikachu can't use Electric attacks had to be disconcerting. But Ash is an experienced trainer and traveler- there is no excuse for his screwing up that first attempt at a capture in that manner.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by katfairy View Post
    But Ash is an experienced trainer and traveler- there is no excuse for his screwing up that first attempt at a capture in that manner.
    And...Ash has done this before. With Treecko and other captures. He gets excited about new pokemon.

You would think a 40+ year old adult woman would understand how a kids show works. I also find it laughable you only find two characters grating out of every main character the show had. Obviously you're probably allergic to change, which is why again you're whining about Best Wishes only 2-3 episodes in. I think the writers are well aware which characters and Pokemon are popular.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You would think a 40+ year old adult woman would understand how a kids show works. I also find it laughable you only find two characters grating out of every main character the show had. Obviously you're probably allergic to change, which is why again you're whining about Best Wishes only 2-3 episodes in. I think the writers are well aware which characters and Pokemon are popular.
    Well, how is that since YOU can't do that yourself? Just look at how ridiculously deplorable your threads are. Obviously, you're the one who can't accept/understand a lot of things here - and, mostly, the one who takes this "silly kid's show" too seriously.

Please.

I think its perfectly understandable that Ash gets excited to capture new Pokemon he never saw before, and throw the Pokeball excitedly.

As others have said, the same thing happened in both AG and DP, so I don't understand why people are acting like this is new.

In fact, May scolded Ash almost the same way Iris did when he did that. Do people lack memory of the older arcs? I can understand if they never watched them, but that's a different story.

Hope TR's Pokemon are okay. Team Rocket often abuse Pokemon by experimenting on them, right?

As amusing is it to watch two people arguing over something they're both taking far too seriously...cut it out, Cybercubed & Snegy. Episode discussion is fine. Episode arguing & flaming is not.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Oh my god I don't know what's more surprising that TR left Wobbuffet in Kanto or the fact that were on the 2nd episode and Pikachu has yet to destroy a bike. Well not surprising Ash picked himself up one of the local bird Pokemon, he's definitely gotten alot of positive results from his past ones & i'm sure Mamepato will do just as well. Really like the reasoning behind leaving all of TR's Pokemon back in Kanto, though i'd think they'd be safer at one of James many mansion's than at TR HQ. I'm glad they gave Joy a redesign, it was getting boring just looking at the same model over & over again, the redesign look's alot cuter than the original's.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I agree that they did a good job on Joy's design. My eyes were frankly getting tired to see the same old one before. Although I hoped that they did a little more coverage on Zekrom as to why it returned Pikachu's electricity all of a sudden. I hope this gets referenced later on.

Iris is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru23 View Post
    Iris is amazing.
    In what sense? So far she hasn't done anything noticeable apart from calling Ash a kid, and not able to catch a single poke'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijumaru23 View Post
    Iris is amazing.
    Yeah! she's incredible, I love her personality and that she looks slightly like Brocky. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    In what sense? So far she hasn't done anything noticeable apart from calling Ash a kid, and not able to catch a single poke'mon.
    Like Rick said, amazing personality.

Dawn and May were sort of flat and just did their own thing.

Iris has a quality to her?

I guess that makes sense. She does leave a mark deeper than Dawn so far.

Iris can be summed up by, "cute" so far, but she really hasn't done anything all that memorable yet.

Until Iris starts developing, right now she isn't really anything to write home about.

This episode was a little better than the first, but once again, the pacing was just way too fast.

Iris's introduction was comical and different. I like the fact that she wasn't a new trainer like the previous 2 girls and was vocal about Ash's blunders. Her progression will be interesting to see.

I didn't like that TR just sent away their Pokemon and Jessie caught a Koromori off screen. Wobbuffet definitely deserved a send off episode because of it's long history with them, and Koromori deserved an on screen capture because it's now an important Pokemon that will be involved in BW's story.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Iris can be summed up by, "cute" so far, but she really hasn't done anything all that memorable yet.

Until Iris starts developing, right now she isn't really anything to write home about.
    Oh stop it. This is how all the girls start out. But the thing is that instead of watching Iris getting a starter Pokemon, she'll already have a Pokemon. So this focuses on mostly other things that might be important.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast