Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    I'm convinced that this season will be the best perhaps since the very first (the first was the best in my opinion). Team Rocket is awesome and intimidating now while also managing to sneak in a few funny jokes and no bad rhyming (thank God.) The dubbing and voice ating seemed a lot better. Whoever does the English voice for Iris does a remarkable job. I also like the new look of Pikachu's Iron Tail. I'm excited to see what the Unova saga brings!!!!
    Eileen Stevens. She also voiced Jupiter, Lyra and Zorua from Movie 13.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Funny Iris and the voice of Iris is an improvement over the voice of Dawn. Well done, TPCI
    I know right! O_o I was fully expecting the American voice for Iris to sound all bad, and then they go and surprise me by getting her a voice actress who actually voices the character in a way that makes me actually love the character.

Damn you TCPI, and you're sneaky ways of tempting me back into wanting to watch this series again >_<

Finally got to see the first two dubbed episodes of Pokemon B/W up on YouTube [the interwebs is really against anything that isn't subbed it seems] - and they were a great set of episodes!

The whole 'Kanto is completely foreign to us' is a nice angle, though Trip is already more annoying than Paul [though increasing the rival douche factor every gen seems to be Pokemon's way]. Wth was he on about when he kept saying 'boonie'?!

Oshawott is even more awesome in motion [though I still hate everything about Tepig...]. Can't wait to choose it myself in Black.

Kangaskhan Girl was sweet too. Certainty seems to have a more interesting personality than the last two girls we had.
    The intro looked better the first time it was unveiled though. It was just lacking something...

Team Rocket was awesome [though how long they stay decently competent is anyone's guess].

Now to let the episodes mount up until I've got a fair ways into the game itself [boy has been avoiding all the new pokemon, bar the first 25 odd revealed, been a challenge]!

Eileen Stevens. She also voiced Jupiter, Lyra and Zorua from Movie 13.
    I haven't seen the 13th movie yet but yeah I definitely recognize Lyra and Jupiter's voice in Iris's, Lyra especially.

I've only seen two episodes but Iris really is the best girl character since Misty. I'm sorry but May and Dawn didn't really do it for me. They weren't bad characters, they were just kind of dull characters imo.

I expect Cilan to also be a great character, as well. The only character I don't like is Trip. All he is to me is Paul with light hair and a camera. He even sounds just like Paul. Is it the same VA for those two? That wouldn't surprise me if it was. (Although it was kind of funny when he referred to Pallet Town as the "Boonies.")

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Smile

I was watching this paticular episode this morning,
    and I wasn't even aware that this was out at all!
    Username; Arcadia IL, U.S.A CST -6 GMT

3DS FC; 3308-5191-3462

Am Currently playing Pokémon X.
    Am Ghost type in friend Safari. Lampent, Phantump, and a Rare Spiritomb.
    One of my Fav types! Feel free to add or PM me!

I have Officially Claimed Gengar!
    Because He Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    She had no reason to? Shoot we barely had Pallet town for like 5 minutes.

Misty fanboys these days, shessh.
    He's not a Misty fanboy. He's a Misty-hater and that comment he made was a bait comment.

What? I'm neutral to Misty, and Iris is fun, although I don't find her THAT special. Hopefully we get to see more of her personality outside of climbing trees and calling Ash a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Team Rocket was awesome [though how long they stay decently competent is anyone's guess].
    Oh, you'll be surprised, .

/CL

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I have to say, this was a great episode. I like all the little details, like with oshawatt following ash. I think this new season is gonna be great. I haven't watched pokemon for about maybe 8 years, and now I'm hooked again. I'd like to see Ash challenge his new rival again, and defeat his snivy.

But, anyway, the episode was good. I think Iris had a cool introduction. But I still haven't found the reason why Iris keeps following ash...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    But I still haven't found the reason why Iris keeps following ash...
    Yeah, why does she keep following him? She probably has no friends. Also, what is the deal with Oshawott? I know it's a stud and all, but how did it get out of its Pokeball?

Overall, pretty darn good first two episodes to a new season. I think this will be the best yet. The way it incorporates so many details really moves the plot foward, unlike the Diamond and Pearl Saga. The opening animation was cool, but the song wasn't that good. The singing was bad. Also, I was shocked when Who's that Pokemon showed up! That brings back memories.

Furthermore, when does this series take place? Ash acted as if he did not know what he was doing. "You have to weaken the Pokemon first." "Oh! I knew that!" Wow. And when he was battling that Pidove, he first used Quick Attack, then used an Iron Tail (which looks awesome by the way) that probably shattered every bone in that poor Pidove's body. After that, he completely obliterated it with his lv.100 (or higher) Pikachu's Thunderbolt. A bit of an overkill, I would say. Ash did use his ninja skills when climbing up that tree and then jumping 10 feet into the air though, which was pretty epic.

Yeah, why does she keep following him?
    Maybe she's a stalker?
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Maybe she's a stalker?
    Or perhaps she's waiting for Pikachu to destroy her bike!

I utterly forgot about the premiere. How were the two episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    I never thought about that! I know it happened to Dawn and Misty. Did it happen to May too?

Or perhaps she has a crush on Ash. She was blushing when she introduced herself, after all!

Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Quote Originally Posted by Braviator View Post
    I never thought about that! I know it happened to Dawn and Misty. Did it happen to May too?
    Yep all three of them got their bikes destroyed by Pikachu, and each was more forgiving about it too. Think about it

Misty: held a grudge forever, and even reminded him way later
    May: forgave him after the 1st episode, mentions it briefly in the 2nd, never brings it up again
    Dawn: doesn't even tell Ash that his Pikachu destroyed her bike

I thought the next girl was gonna wind up sleeping with Ash for destroying her bike

Yep all three of them got their bikes destroyed by Pikachu, and each was more forgiving about it too.
    Iris seemed really forgiving about being hit in the head with a Pokeball and being mistaken for a Pokemon lol

Iris seemed really forgiving about being hit in the head with a Pokeball and being mistaken for a Pokemon lol
    That part was HILARIOUS!

Anyhow, I <3 this episode. I loved the Ash Trying To Catch A Pidove And Failing Very Badly part. I also like how Team Rocket is more serious now, ditching the Meowth balloon. Thank goodness!

I didn't really like the new Team Rocket motto, but I guess I'll get used to it, just like I got used to Team Rocket's Sinnoh motto.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

That part was HILARIOUS!
    "Your Pokedex...is this cute face in there? TELL ME, IS IT?!" lol funniest part of the episode for sure.

I also like how Team Rocket is more serious now, ditching the Meowth balloon. Thank goodness!
    I know, I actually don't dread their apperance anymore! And a lot less rhyming now, too. THANK. GOD. FOR THAT.

The only character I don't like is Trip. All he is to me is Paul with light hair and a camera. He even sounds just like Paul. Is it the same VA for those two? That wouldn't surprise me if it was. (Although it was kind of funny when he referred to Pallet Town as the "Boonies.")
    Trip is voiced by Jamie McGonnigal. Paul is voiced by Julián Rebolledo. Totally different people. Trip does seem to have a Paul-esque personality though, but that's to be expected since he's a rival character. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to change as the series progresses, however. All the rivals seem to change their attitudes as time passes. Anyway, at least Trip has a camera. I guess that's his "thing". I actually like it, so I'm not complaining.

Trip is voiced by Jamie McGonnigal. Paul is voiced by Julián Rebolledo. Totally different people. Trip does seem to have a Paul-esque personality though, but that's to be expected since he's a rival character. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to change as the series progresses, however. All the rivals seem to change their attitudes as time passes. Anyway, at least Trip has a camera. I guess that's his "thing". I actually like it, so I'm not complaining.
    Okay, thanks for looking that up. Yeah, I think he'll change throughout the course of time, as well. I suppose I shouldn't have said that he was exactly like Paul, though I still think at this point that he is quite similar. Gary wanted to always come up to Ash and brag, Paul wanted to stay away from Ash, and Trip seems to be kind of in between.

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Yep all three of them got their bikes destroyed by Pikachu, and each was more forgiving about it too. Think about it

Misty: held a grudge forever, and even reminded him way later
    May: forgave him after the 1st episode, mentions it briefly in the 2nd, never brings it up again
    Dawn: doesn't even tell Ash that his Pikachu destroyed her bike

I thought the next girl was gonna wind up sleeping with Ash for destroying her bike
    Not quite. For Dawn, she was quite irritated about Pikachu destroying her bike. Later on, during the episode "One Big Happiny Family", they're all riding bikes on the cycling road. At one point, Dawn mentions that Ash should be careful because these are rentals. Ash then figures that Dawn's referring to the fact that her bike was destroyed as well, then actually apologizes. Dawn forgives him, mainly because of the fact that they were being "pursued" by Team Rocket.

Ironically, out of all the girls to have their bikes destroyed, Misty is the only one to actually get a new one by the end of Johto. Courtesy of Nurse Joy, as it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    That part was HILARIOUS!

Anyhow, I <3 this episode. I loved the Ash Trying To Catch A Pidove And Failing Very Badly part. I also like how Team Rocket is more serious now, ditching the Meowth balloon. Thank goodness!
    In fact, that balloon is a 1 shot appearance. They don't travel by air anymore!

I didn't really like the new Team Rocket motto, but I guess I'll get used to it, just like I got used to Team Rocket's Sinnoh motto.
    Funny you should mention that...

Yeah, I've really been spoiled from what I've seen in future episodes that I know so much about what is going to happen, and the fact that all these great changes are happening. Especially on topic with Team Rocket, who have received the most significant change out of any of this. Just wait, things only get better from here !!

I know, I actually don't dread their apperance anymore! And a lot less rhyming now, too. THANK. GOD. FOR THAT.
    Incidentally, Unova TR is what I was so excited for as SLV was ending. Don't get me wrong, it was something hard to realize was finally done, but getting to see a "accomplished" Team Rocket is something that just didn't seem possible.

Let me just say, that I really don't want to spoil future episodes for all those who are watching the dub. BW is probably going to be a very interesting season, with all the changes they've done. As far as Ash goes, get ready to see some stuff that hasn't happened since the 1st season. As far as the group goes, get ready to see some character centric episodes every so often. As far as Team Rocket goes... well, what you've seen so far is but a mere taste of what's to come from them.

/CL

- Cobaltios

Man, there's so much praise for Team Rocket on other forums, it is literally killing me to not spoil them on how much better they get.

i dont like the new tr motto but at least voices are good
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

I like Iris a lot more in the dub then in the original, something about the voice.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast