Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Man, there's so much praise for Team Rocket on other forums, it is literally killing me to not spoil them on how much better they get.
    Tell me about it. I want to see just how surprised some of these people get from this.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Its funny how people didn't realize Iris didn't have a bike at first. Nice to see that gag finally dead.

I still think Iris sounds like a slightly different take on May's voice. I see the Lyra vibes too.

I just watched the first and second episode, not the entire thing though, just the parts that interested me like the opening to the first ep, the TR scenes, and Pidove's capture. My god, the dub is amazing now. They don't add their stupid music which is one of the things that turned me off from the show in the first place. Plus, when Pidove was caught, they used the Wild Encounter music (or the trainer battle, not sure) music. That was epic. Plus Who's That Pokemon is back!

I'm probably not gonna watch the entire show, but like I will watch certain events that interest me, like important TR scenes in the future, and Cilan's debut. And episodes that look good like the Ash VS Trip battle.

But I'm finding Ash's voice more annoying than usual, like there's so much enphasis it annoys me. Also during the Pidove capture, whenever Pidove would use an attack ash would say what it was.

Pidove uses quick attack
    Ash: That's a quick attack
    Pidove uses gust
    Ash: That's a gust
    Pidove uses Air Cutter
    Ash: That's an air cutter.

But yeah, the Black and White anime is off to a really good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    I just watched the first and second episode, not the entire thing though, just the parts that interested me like the opening to the first ep, the TR scenes, and Pidove's capture. My god, the dub is amazing now. They don't add their stupid music which is one of the things that turned me off from the show in the first place. Plus, when Pidove was caught, they used the Wild Encounter music (or the trainer battle, not sure) music. That was epic. Plus Who's That Pokemon is back!

I'm probably not gonna watch the entire show, but like I will watch certain events that interest me, like important TR scenes in the future, and Cilan's debut. And episodes that look good like the Ash VS Trip battle.

But I'm finding Ash's voice more annoying than usual, like there's so much enphasis it annoys me. Also during the Pidove capture, whenever Pidove would use an attack ash would say what it was.

Pidove uses quick attack
    Pidove uses gust
    Pidove uses Air Cutter

But yeah, the Black and White anime is off to a really good start.
    I know there's a lot of older members watching this still, but try not to forget who this is aimed at. At least Ash calling out what each attack was helped a little bit (honestly, Air cutter has so many damn animations it's sometimes a tad tricky to know when it's actually being used).

Also, it's late, and I don't feel like doing this myself, but could someone go back and check to see how similar the dubbed TR motto is to the raw TR motto. I'm not going to criticize it, I just want to see how close we got.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Bulbapedia hasn't confirmed Eileen stevens, and to me, Iris sounds nothing like Lyra, and she sound like May's latest voice actress.

Either way, Iris saying what a kid, is better than such a child. And i think Axew's voice is nice, so it's pronounced, Axe-you, kind of like, get better ratings, or we'll Axew.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    I know there's a lot of older members watching this still, but try not to forget who this is aimed at. At least Ash calling out what each attack was helped a little bit (honestly, Air cutter has so many damn animations it's sometimes a tad tricky to know when it's actually being used).

Also, it's late, and I don't feel like doing this myself, but could someone go back and check to see how similar the dubbed TR motto is to the raw TR motto. I'm not going to criticize it, I just want to see how close we got.

/CL
    The original:
    Quote Originally Posted by Original TR motto
    When you ask us, "you again?!"
    ...the answer we give is for the sake of tomorrow.
    Future! The white future wears the color of evil!
    Universe! The black world receives the iron hammer of justice!
    We write our names onto this earth!
    The passionate destroyer, Musashi!
    The pure heart of darkness, Hojiro!
    The infinite intelligence, Nyarth!
    Now, gather in the name of the Rocket Gang!
    Dubbed:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbed TR motto
    'Again' is the question, so twirpish indeed
    The answer to come as we feel the need
    Bringing the blinding white light of evil into the future!
    Thrusting the hammer of justice down onto the black darkness of the universe!
    And carving our names in the rock of eternity!
    The fiery* destroyer Jessie!
    And with thunderous emotion, I am James!
    Wisest of the wise Meowth!
    Now, gather under the name of Team Rocket!
    *not sure if fiery is what she says.

They are fairly similar but obvious difference for translation purposes I suppose.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Yeah, she does say firey.
    Also, after Ash catches Mamepato, this is what went off in my head:
    You are now free to dance around like an idiot.

I want to say Iris sounds familiar, I know her voice actress voiced Lyra, but who else has her actress voiced?

I wonder how Dent will sound...in about a month or so we'll find out!
    Let's all hope for the best from Best Wishes! Let's hope our wishes for it come true!

See what I did there?

Those people months ago had nothing to complain about theyre old pokemon were not aloud to be sent over not that they had rebooted this show so they removed all old pokemon references

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerKira View Post
    Yeah, she does say firey.
    Also, after Ash catches Mamepato, this is what went off in my head:
    You are now free to dance around like an idiot.

I want to say Iris sounds familiar, I know her voice actress voiced Lyra, but who else has her actress voiced?

I wonder how Dent will sound...in about a month or so we'll find out!
    It's not really confirmed that it's eileen.

Unless we get a preview for the series in general which has Dento speaking, we'll have to wait about 3 weeks.

And seeing Oshawott stalking Ash, was cure to see.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    It's not really confirmed that it's eileen.

Unless we get a preview for the series in general which has Dento speaking, we'll have to wait about 3 weeks.

And seeing Oshawott stalking Ash, was cure to see.
    ohh please its not mays voice actor just face it'' they both sound completely different

eileen voices juniper and iris'

kay?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    ohh please its not mays voice actor just face it'' they both sound completely different

eileen voices juniper and iris'

kay?
    Actually Juniper's VA, is Khristine Hvam.

Iris's is unknown, as of yet, I just listened to Lyra's voice again, and if it is Eileen, she's using a different sounding voice.

Voices are fine. Starters are screwed. Tsutaja is ok, Pokabu is... huh.. not cute anymore. ANd they've killed Mijumaru!!! THey killed it's cuteness.

Oshawott, is kind of cute, It's true Mijumaru's voice sounded cute, but Lisa oritz did a good job, and at first i liked it, now, it's okay, so it'll take a while to get used to.

Well I'm likeing this so far and I'm happy to see the return of "Who's that Pokemon?" Iris's VA sounds really good I like her already and Axew sounds adorable! I also love Oshawott. Team Rocket being serious for a change is nice but will take some getting used to. But all in all I really enjoyed this dub and I can't wait to hear Cilan and the three elemental monkeys.

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Episode 2, what I deem the true opening to the new saga as it is when Ash begins his journey.

I think the main talking points of this episode were Iris and Team Rocket. Iris seems a really warming character to me but can show her superiority too much which mainly comes from calling Ash a kid. Her Axew hasn't really participated much so I'll refrain from commenting on it till I see some more action from it because I think it wouldn't be fair.

Team rocket has been given a breath of fresh air. New uniforms, new pokemon, just a general new start for them which is something they needed but it is sad that all their other pokemon had to be left as a consequence however I believe there is some hope yet which I will mention shortly. When they met the 'gang' they became even more serious, and im sure the motto will grow on me the more I hear it. The battle was a surprise for them to beat Ash's Pidove and the exit was good from I think I will miss 'We're Blasting off again!!!'

Returning to an earlier comment I think Team Rocket will return to their usual ways as the series progresses only because of Gionvanni's comment about luring out the native villianous team. I feel they are being used by him (poor things) and once the team is lured out they are going to be thrown to the side once again and Pikachu will be their only goal once again, or I may be completely wrong.

The only part of the episode which annoyed me was Ash's sudden Memory Lapse. I know we have to have some kind of tutorial about catching pokemon but it seems they are rubbing it in our faces a little. Like when Iris kept calling him a kid it kept reminding me that Ash has gone back to someone who had just began his journey when infact he has been in 4 different leagues. I will let this slide if this doesnt last very long, but if it does it will really annoy me but it won't outweight how much I enjoy the episode.

Overall, nice episode .

----

Warning: The following statement should not be taking seriously. You have been warned.

(Continuation from Episode 1 discussion)

It looks like when Tobias' Zekrom returned for the second time at Juniper's lab it was in pity. He returned Pikachu's electric moves maybe because he thought he had suffered enough.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Iris' VA does a great job. She sounds totally natural in the role and emotes very well. Hopefully, Cilan's VA does a good job too.

Marry the Night

Who agree's with me that when iris fell asleep and ash started talking how he would meet them all'' and that music started ' was the most beautiful scenes in pokemon i have ever seen :') ' this season is more beautiful then the original series
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I loved Oshawott's voice! It was so cool and cute. This episode made me fall in love with Oshawott! I am going to start with it in my game!

Oshawott is better in japanesse... honestly.

confirmed on bulba that eileen stevens does voice iris'

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eileen_Stevens
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Quote Originally Posted by ThaVega View Post
    Oshawott is better in japanesse... honestly.
    It's been said before...

At least it's not Piplup...

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

i liked the voices. im glad that team rocket kept their voices. and iris seems more mature in the english verision than in the japanese.
    sorry if any grammar errors.
    Currently working on a new sig. Come back for it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post

Pidove uses quick attack
    Pidove uses gust
    Pidove uses Air Cutter
    That was actually the lines in the original though.

I was really hoping Iris would be a more advanced trainer, then again I guess she could be, and I just don't know yet. I really can't take Ash and his stupidity though. I know they like rebooting with every generation but my god they make him a complete moron.

And then the new Paul, whatever his name is. Come on now, Pikachu, the one that tied a Latios, can't beat a brand new poke with just quick attack or hit with iron tail?
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

Iris's VA does a very nice job it's a very natural voice, still a little miffed that they decided to change Kibago to Axew, but Axew works just as well and certainly fits.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast