Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

A refreshing start to the regional affairs. Team Rocket looks dangerous, decisive and dastardly. I'm loving the redesigned 'R', their new motto is very imposing, and Woobat is quite an able Pokemon. I think Iris is slightly hinting that she is a Gym Leader. Especially in the end of the episode.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

I agree with raichu2626 I don't get how pikachu loses to a brand new starter pokemon when he's had like years of exp. And I also do like the new team rocket they seem a lot. More dangerouse than before to bad Giovanni is just using them though
    My TEAM ;

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Iris's VA does a very nice job it's a very natural voice, still a little miffed that they decided to change Kibago to Axew, but Axew works just as well and certainly fits.

Me, too. I'm quite mad that they replaced the Japanese names. Tsutarja is much better than Snivy, Pokabu sounds better than Tepig, and Mijumaru sounds way better than Oshawott.

Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

Anyone else notice the mistake when Ash was holding Pikachu, and you hear Pikachu say its name, but its mouth doesn't move.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by raichu2626 View Post
    I was really hoping Iris would be a more advanced trainer, then again I guess she could be, and I just don't know yet. I really can't take Ash and his stupidity though. I know they like rebooting with every generation but my god they make him a complete moron.

And then the new Paul, whatever his name is. Come on now, Pikachu, the one that tied a Latios, can't beat a brand new poke with just quick attack or hit with iron tail?
    Well, when I watched the images of the battle I thought of the same thing but when I watched the episode I realised that after Pikachu tried to use Thunderbolt it got tired, probably due to its efforts. In the begining it was owning Snivy...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    The original:
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanese TR Motto
    When you ask us, "you again?!"
    ...the answer we give is for the sake of tomorrow.
    Future! The white future wears the color of evil!
    Universe! The black world receives the iron hammer of justice!
    We write our names onto this earth!
    The passionate destroyer, Musashi!
    The pure heart of darkness, Hojiro!
    The infinite intelligence, Nyarth!
    Now, gather in the name of the Rocket Gang!
    Dubbed:
    Quote Originally Posted by English TR Motto
    'Again' is the question, so twirpish indeed
    The answer to come as we feel the need
    Bringing the blinding white light of evil into the future!
    Thrusting the hammer of justice down onto the black darkness of the universe!
    And carving our names in the rock of eternity!
    The fiery* destroyer Jessie!
    And with thunderous emotion, I am James!
    Wisest of the wise Meowth!
    Now, gather under the name of Team Rocket!
    *not sure if fiery is what she says.

They are fairly similar but obvious difference for translation purposes I suppose.
    Wow. That's a pretty damn good translation they did. But yeah, it would be different for translation purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Actually Juniper's VA, is Khristine Hvam.

Iris's is unknown, as of yet, I just listened to Lyra's voice again, and if it is Eileen, she's using a different sounding voice.
    That, my friend, is called vocal range.

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    It's been said before...

At least it's not Piplup...
    Exactly. Oh we'll get to appreciate the little otter before long.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I rather liked this episode. I thought it was great that Ash was actually trying to capture pokemon instead of them just tagging along with him. It was also surprising when team rocket escaped Ash. The more serious team rocket seems great at the moment.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889

I can't believe how close to the original the Rocket motto is.

Why does the Nurse Joy appear to be so young?

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

loved the music in these episodes! Great start!

yay for the return of who's that pokemon!!

Quote Originally Posted by viralxagentx View Post
    yay for the return of who's that pokemon!!
    I saw that too. Although they left out the Pokemon "Cry" after they reveal the name. Unless I just didn't hear Pidove.

Pokemon Y

Pokemon X

Omega Ruby

Alpha Sapphire

Pidove is quite cute, I think I'm already forgetting the name Mamepato! I still laugh when James speaks, how they'll try to make him serious, I'll never know! Oh, and:

Nd they've killed Mijumaru!!! THey killed it's cuteness.
    Agree 100%. Normally I dont prefer the Japanese ones over the dub but this is a very special case because Miju makes me laugh whenever he comes out. Shame...I'll prob continue following the dub as well as Japanese eps anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuma View Post
    Pidove is quite cute, I think I'm already forgetting the name Mamepato! I still laugh when James speaks, how they'll try to make him serious, I'll never know! Oh, and:

Agree 100%. Normally I dont prefer the Japanese ones over the dub but this is a very special case because Miju makes me laugh whenever he comes out. Shame...I'll prob continue following the dub as well as Japanese eps anyhow.
    Pidove is alright, its when it eventually becomes Unfezant that it becomes quite unattractive looking.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

What's great about this series this time is we will be looking forward for the next 10 episodes since they are hardly fillers or just to showcase a pokemon something important happens.
    My Pokemon Friend Codes:

Diamond:4983-5430-4342

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post

That, my friend, is called vocal range.

No, really?

Sure, Bulbapedia says it, but what's it's source? It most likely is her, but it sounds nothing like Eileen to me. But overall, still it was a good dub episode.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

A nice episode, it was surprising that Team Rocket just vanished out of nowhere instead of the usual blast off. And Oshawott following Ash still...he really likes Ash, huh? And the capture of Pidove was okay. And Jessie caught Woobat off-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaVega View Post
    Voices are fine. Starters are screwed. Tsutaja is ok, Pokabu is... huh.. not cute anymore. ANd they've killed Mijumaru!!! THey killed it's cuteness.
    Trip's Snivy is just as ridiculous as its Japanese VA. I like that they added the snorts and grunts that an actual pig would have for Tepig, but it should also have that inflection in crying out its name.

Oshawott is boned. It's too flat and so not cute. Then again, what can you do with a name like Oshawott?

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Oshawott is boned. It's too flat and so not cute. Then again, what can you do with a name like Oshawott?
    I thought Oshawott sounded cute, It was not as cute as Mijumaru, but cute enough where it won't get annoying.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I thought Oshawott sounded cute, It was not as cute as Mijumaru, but cute enough where it won't get annoying.
    The Mijumaru voice was definitely better then Oshawott, but Oshawott was not as terrible as I thought it was going to be, I'm sure people will get used to it with time.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I enjoyed it. Lovin' Iris's eager personality & how she looks on Ash as young (a bit tired of Ash playing "big brother/mentor" to the heroines). Trip's kinda cute & we haven't had a photographer in the main cast but he needs more creds to back up his snottyness. He had a v. lucky win against Ash given the circumstances. Will take some getting used to "srs business" TR but the new black grunt outfits are terrif.
    What most impressed me tho was how far the CGI has come in Pokemon. Pika's Iron Tail was amazing & Snivy's Leaf Tornado was pretty hardcore too. Also Zekrom = Love.
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

I agree that mijumaru sounded cuter in Japanese, also sounded more like a male.

But Iris' voice actor did a great job; I love it
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/11gmw6f.png[/IMG]
    Comming Soon...

Thanks to Skiyomi for the great banner!

Wink

Ya know... Iris ain't all that bad... I like her upbeat personality! The last scene of this episode really did a great job of making Oshawatt look so cute! Because of this I'm still torn between Snivy and Oshawatt.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Awwwww Oshawatt is adorable I love it ^_^. This Ash is going to catch it or its one of those annoying ones like Jigglypuff that pops up at random times. Trip annoys me though he had a lucky win wait till pikachu gets full power back
    Iris im loving though she reminds me of Misty in a way with the whole your such a child stuff(Early Kanto misty not Johto/Orange Misty). Axiel is intresting as well cant wait to see more. Not surprising Ash caught the early bird Pokemon but at least he has a Pokemon now as well as Pikachu
    Irish questioning Meouth was so funny and the new motto not sure yet but will prob grow on me hate the new uniforms though I miss the old ones
    I thought i would dislike the new nurse joy as well but she seems ok what I do miss is Brock fangirling over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccag View Post
    Awwwww Oshawatt is adorable I love it ^_^. This Ash is going to catch it or its one of those annoying ones like Jigglypuff that pops up at random times. Trip annoys me though he had a lucky win wait till pikachu gets full power back
    Iris im loving though she reminds me of Misty in a way with the whole your such a child stuff(Early Kanto misty not Johto/Orange Misty). Axiel is intresting as well cant wait to see more. Not surprising Ash caught the early bird Pokemon but at least he has a Pokemon now as well as Pikachu
    Irish questioning Meouth was so funny and the new motto not sure yet but will prob grow on me hate the new uniforms though I miss the old ones
    I thought i would dislike the new nurse joy as well but she seems ok what I do miss is Brock fangirling over them.
    Please don't see me as being pedantic rebecca but Iris has an Axew (not a Axiel) I just don't want you to start off the new saga getting the wrong name for Iris' pokemon. Sorry in advance if you do see me as being awfully pedantic and take it to heart.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast