Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

But I'm finding Ash's voice more annoying than usual, like there's so much enphasis it annoys me. Also during the Pidove capture, whenever Pidove would use an attack ash would say what it was.

Pidove uses quick attack
    Ash: That's a quick attack
    Pidove uses gust
    Ash: That's a gust
    Pidove uses Air Cutter
    Ash: That's an air cutter.
    Haha I noticed that he was giving a little play-by-play. He even says, "Aw, and I almost had it!" when Pidove pops out of the Pokeball the first time. That reminded me of the games when you throw a Pokeball and they pop back out.

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Oshawat is such a creeper! Always stalking ash and what not

Iris is just awesome. She's kind of weird, but I'm liking her so far.
    And I loved Ash's "Super Brook Jump"(If you've played Pkmn Ranger Shadows of Almia you'll understand) when he was trying to save Pikachu and Axew.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

My review, having decided to review all of the anime. Watch for spoilers, though.

EP:661 BW:002: Enter Iris and Axew

Just to start, I thought this episode was better than the previous. But why? Details follow, but watch out for spoilers.

The main purpose of this episode was to introduce Iris, Ash’s new female traveling companion. Iris is my favorite character so far in the new anime; while I didn’t like her at first when she was revealed in the actual games, her personality here convinced me otherwise. She was funny, charismatic, and quirky, making the ever-present clichéd Ash less repetitive. We didn’t see much of her Axew as it didn’t do much other than eat berries and was hidden in Iris’ hair half the time.

Ash’s failed attempts at catching his first Pokemon were humorous and reminiscent of the first anime, and as Iris says, he does act kind of like a kid, hyperactive and excited (eventually, he does get a Pidove).

Team Rocket’s eventual “let’s get the Pikachu” gig was of course something I knew would happen, but Team Rocket was more experienced and easily defeat Ash’s Pidove. Of course Pikachu ends up getting rescued, but the rescuer was not Ash or Iris but Oshawott, who follows the two. Oshawott is obviously to end up being Ash’s Pokemon. This scene was another high point in this episode.

Giovanni’s appearance before the Team Rocket team, where he further briefed Jessie and James, conjured up some mystique that worked well.

In conclusion, this episode was less clichéd and cheesy and more of a trailblazer than Episode 1. If you’re going to skip one of the two, don’t miss this one, although they were much connected so it might be a little confusing if you haven’t watched BW 001. While we might have been spared the overused “Team Rocket captures da Pikachu” part, it was shook up enough that I actually liked it.

Final Rating: 26/30 (~8.7/10)
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Iris has an interesting voice. I don't love it but I have nothing bad to say about it. Axew was good too.

The dub was enjoyable.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Did anyone else watch the Pokemon Spoof from Can of Nothing Animations? Is it just me, or is the Ash-meeting-Iris scene oddly similar to the Ash-meeting-Misty scene in the spoof? I mean, in the spoof, Ash thinks Misty is a Pokemon and tries to throw a Pokeball at her.

I would like to post the link to the video, but I'm not sure if you can post YouTube videos on these forums.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

I laughed at how Ash's mom was like " I cannot wait to see how much he has grown next time!"

I was like, he has been 10 for 4 seasons, so don't get your hopes up
    Over 200+ Hours in Platinum!

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I just finished watching this episode. Really good. Iris is a very likable character. She reminds me so much of Rue from the Hunger Games.
    asdfghjkl

IT's odd but, I like the japanese voice better.

This episode is enjoyable. Though Ash "catching" Iris annoyed me since Ash never explained to Iris that the pokedex registered a Kibago/Axew

It was weird how they said that ash was still 10 years old? So he did all his journey in one year?

I did math and the only possible way for it work is that three journeys was mixed into 1.5 years. He'd have to be at least 11 by now.

That journey could take me 2-3 years probably, if i have the right pokemons, i could probably cut that time on half.

For the millionth time

Ash does NOT age

End of story

Even cutting 2-3 years in half then you have 1 year which you would still have grown a year and the lwast amount of time it could of took Ash.

So, there really is no way for him to be 10 by B/W episode 1.

@Lolipeice- I understand. I'm just trying to bring the smallest amount of logic that I am able to.

He looks thirtennish-fifteenish.

Its good that Jessie,James and Meowth have been promoted and are in a more serious role

Thats true! I was actually suprised that they had there first win!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Its good that Jessie,James and Meowth have been promoted and are in a more serious role
    I certainly agree with this. That was exactly what I thought after I watched it. They're no longer comical. They're serious now.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

I watched this episode a few times. I like the way Iris says "It's called a Patrat, you really are a kid..."
    NOTICE: Me posting in a thread DOES NOT always mean I want your FC. If I DO want your FC, I will ask for it.
    3DS FC 2878-9669-5722. Add me for MK7/New Leaf/Pokemon X/Y
    STILL looking for an

CURRENT SHINY HUNTS
    Braixen///Frogadier - FS RE - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    - MM - Pokemon X - On Hold
    Zwellious/Druddigon - RE Victory Road - Pokemon X - On Hold

Friend Safari: Fairy with Kirlia, Jigglypuff and Clefairy.

You're not my mum or dad, therefore, you cannot tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lapras View Post
    I watched this episode a few times. I like the way Iris says "It's called a Patrat, you really are a kid..."
    lol her voice is annoying, in my opinion.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This was a great episode. Iris is an awesome character. I really like her voice. Axew is cool as well. I like seeing all the new wild Pokemon. Team Rocket's new motto is epic!!! I like Jessies Woobat. It is cool seeing Giovanni again. Oshawott was awesome in this episode, he is so cool! I think it is funny how Iris calls Ash a little kid. This season is going to be great.

I take back everything I said. BW Pokemon are too cute!

My ideal battle ever!

That guy who started out with Snivy is probably a spy. Taking pictures in such manners that are highly suspicious. Tsk tsk.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This episode was pretty funny. Iris and Ash are s stubborn XD I'm happy Jesse caught a Woobat, it was so cute in battle. And Oshawott is a fighter. I thought it was really funny how Jesse, James and Meowth speak, now they got a promotion.

~Credit to SleepingCelebii for the banner~

Okay, whoever did the character design for Iris did a great job. She is an awesome character, and Nintendo is getting closer and closer to giving the girls some pants.

Beyond that, the episode actually made me laugh a little and was well done. Good job, Nintendo!

banner made by myself

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast