Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Japanese Subbed version comments - This episode was very cool. Kibago is really cute! When Ash tried to throw a Pokeball to catch a Kibago mistaking Iris for it was I couldn't stop laughing. It was really cool seeing Ash catch Mamepeto as his 1st Isshu region Pokemon. Too bad he couldn't catch that Shikijika, I really like that Pokemon... Koromori was really cool. The way Mijumaru saved Pikachu and Kibago was really cool!
    Last edited by G50; 12th February 2011 at 3:41 PM.

Dumb move Ash

~

Ax-yew?? weird pronounciation?

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Ax-yew?? weird pronounciation?
    I've always pronounced it like that, so that's good to know! I can't wait to see this episode!!!

Holy Crap! the new motto was like a direct translation!

How in the world is Patrat pronounced? I always pronounced it as pat-rat.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I've always pronounced it like that, so that's good to know! I can't wait to see this episode!!!
    And I conversely pronounce it as Ax-ew. Where'd they pick up on making it sound like "ask you"?
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

iris pronounced it as pa-trat. like ash pronounced pidove as pid-ove

I don't really care much for the new Nurse Joy design, the hair in particular...

Also, I know it's a reboot but still....both Meowth and Pikachu should be so
    strong by now that they never lose!
    SoulSilver FC: 0562 2957 9153
    Hey all, glad to be here! While I don't battle professionally or anything, I wouldn't mind trading or battling for fun with anyone.

meowth, grew up, but battle wise, no, he hasn't even battled since the original.

pikachu should be level 100 by now, but you know it's kids show, so..i won't go any further.

Quote Originally Posted by AmpharosFanatic View Post
    I don't really care much for the new Nurse Joy design, the hair in particular...

Also, I know it's a reboot but still....both Meowth and Pikachu should be so
    strong by now that they never lose!
    Meowth?! I'm pretty sure the only battle Meowth ever won was again Brock's Onix in "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?" And he did so by cheating and using buckets of water on Onix.

Patrat & Axew I pronounced wrong, but that's OK. I have adjusted. Nice to see Ash's new female companion. Ash now has his first Pokémon, being Pidove. It does suck that Pidove didn't win her first battle, but at least it was nice to see Jessie with a new Pokémon. I wonder if James also got a Woobat. Nurse Joy with a new design is really cool and I like that Oshawott helped out Ash & Iris.
    10/10

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I'll give ya Meowth, but it could at least know better moves!!!
    Pikachu has no excuse...

Also, I rather like Giovanni's involvement in the series from so very early on. Hope he shows up often.
    SoulSilver FC: 0562 2957 9153
    Hey all, glad to be here! While I don't battle professionally or anything, I wouldn't mind trading or battling for fun with anyone.

i love how team rocket is well, i can say the word here, but kick butt awesome.

It's a good episode. We're properly introduced to Iris and Axew and Team Rocket tries to steal Pikachu (again) and Axew. I noticed Team Rocket still speaks in rhyme, even though in this season they're serious. But their still cool, especially their new motto.

I can't wait for the next episode.
    Last edited by SmartD; 12th February 2011 at 4:18 PM.

I don't know why they continue to degrade Pikachu when he should be destroying opponents with one hit. You don't defeat a dragonite and then lose to a Woobat. Anyways, I thought the episodes were ok. I like Iris's voice actor and Oshawott is cool. Naturally, they made Ash look like a novice but it should change as it gets going. I've been watching the subbed and I can already say this will be a very interesting region.
    Current White Team- 8 Badges

Shogun..Flambeaux..Arx..Duncan..Scylla..Electricia

This was a great episode. Iris is an awesome character. I really like her voice. Axew is cool as well. I like seeing all the new wild Pokemon. Team Rocket's new motto is epic!!! I like Jessies Woobat. It is cool seeing Giovanni again. Oshawott was awesome in this episode, he is so cool! I think it is funny how Iris calls Ash a little kid. This season is going to be great.

Funny Iris and the voice of Iris is an improvement over the voice of Dawn. Well done, TPCI
    BUCKLE UP FOR BEST WISHES TWO! (AND THE LEAGUE IS HERE!!! )

If you think that the Sinnoh saga was the worst saga yet, copy & paste this to your sig. (Started by Yankees4life)

Heyhey! Keeping that original music!

I reviewed the first and second episode of BW here.

Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

Just like the 1st episode, I still like this episode after seeing both the Japanese and English versions of the episode.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Well since my thread was closed, here is my review:

Enter Iris and Axew

Part I:
    Great enthusiasm from Ash. I can't wait until they begin the Journey. I certainly hope that Trip and Ash's battles don't end up like the rest of Ash's rival battles with Ash losing. I also love how Delia is a loving, yet stern mother. I've always enjoyed that about her. Different approach with meeting one of Ash's new friends. No fried bike, but Pikachu did fry Iris. HAHAHA!!! I'm still waiting to see how TR turns out.

Part II:
    Good chemistry between Iris and Ash. Let's just see what happens next. *smirk* Nice "battle" between Pikachu and the Mame- err Pidove. HAHAHA!!! The second battle was well done, though. I'm not sure if this "kid" stuff won't get annoying.

Part III:
    Nice entrance with Woobat. Great battle. Nice save by Oshawott, too. I don't like TR's new balloon, though, even if I don't know if they'll use a balloon in Unova, which I highly doubt, given their mission parameters. Also I do not like the way the new Nurse Joys will look. Great ending with Oshawott. CUTE!!!
    Last edited by Qymaen; 12th February 2011 at 5:08 PM.

I don't understand why there is a problem with pikachus strength. The big P went from fighting almost every day to at least a week without any training. You try that and tell me how well you would fight. I see this as a very realistic thing, as near the halfway point Pika will be at full strength again defeating opponets easly.

Thanks to treeco123

LIGHT SIDE HAS CUPCAKES
    DARK SIDE OFFERS COOKIES
    JOIN THE DERPY SIDE.... WE GOT MUFFINS

Not really, Pikachu would have at most a week rest after that Latios bout. The anime just not work like the games where levels are on account.If not, I get the feeling they reset Pikachu to Lv. 5, but keeps its moveset like an event Pokemon, whenever they start a new journey.
    My Pokemon Friend Codes:

Diamond:4983-5430-4342

Quote Originally Posted by Elxar View Post
    Not really, Pikachu would have at most a week rest after that Latios bout. The anime just not work like the games where levels are on account.If not, I get the feeling they reset Pikachu to Lv. 5, but keeps its moveset like an event Pokemon, whenever they start a new journey.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Too bad that doesn't explain what happens when Ash does bring along his Pokemon on the next journey.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast