Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter Iris & Axew (661)

Not gonna lie guys, I enjoyed this dub.

It's just about word-for-word with the original and keeps the same conontations. Good job TCPi. Good job.

I have to agree, I admit I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best seasons in Pokemon

I have to say im rather impressed with the changes in Team Rocket and now kind of a Jesse fan. I mean new uniforms, gadgets and balloon, its all a really nice addition. Not to mention Woobat suits Jesse, im glad they chose it as her first Unova pokemon.

-I hate Trip, he's just as snarky and assholish as Paul was-

Also, after seeing the first two episodes, I kind of want Oshawott as my starter, I mean HOW FREAKING ADORABLE!!! Throwing his little shell and what not ^.^

Awesome! - I personally think just two episodes in that this is the best saga of the anime yet!
    But I do think it would have been more interesting if Pikachu's electricity would have been drained for a while longer than conveniently returning after losing to Trip. And when Ash was leaving to adventure in Unova I liked that Delia brought back the Ash and not forgetting his Underwear gag.
    The aesthetic changes in moves like Quick Attack and Iron Tail is awesome it makes the battle so much cooler and I like the fact that catching pokemon made to look a little more difficult.
    I laughed when Ash tried to catch Iris, I honestly thought Iris was a pokemon too, the back of her head looked like a Murkrow. But, its too bad she didn't have a bike for Pikachu to fry, but at least he shocked her. So far I really like her, and her dub voice is pretty good too.
    But its too bad that Ash's Pidove lost it's first battle to Jessie's Woobat, but at least TR is actually more competent this saga. I liked their new motto because it referred to Black, White, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    The stalker Oshawott is adorably awesome, I think its an interesting was to show case it for a while.

Double episode! yes!

Iris actually sounds great. I thought it would be too childish, but it fits her. I liked Ash and Iris' first confrontation.

I'm glad that Team Rocket isn't totally serious. They still showed their goofy selves a few times. Their new motto is long and weird though. At least we won't hear it much.

Good episode. I want more. 9/10.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I was a little put off by Iris, but I got used to it as the episode went. I really like her as a character at this point, so I'm looking forward to seeing her more.
    It will also be interesting to see how her VA improves or changes any as the series goes on.

Speaking of...does Ash sound off to anyone else? Like, start of TPCi-dub off? I thought maybe I was just caught off guard from not watching it for a few weeks, but I watched Memories are Bliss after this and it kind of seems like the voice regressed to me.

I liked Ash trying to catch all the Pokemon and failing because they're all in packs or flocks; that should be the in-game reasoning for not catching things in double battles. Also how Pidove goes from just walking around to BATTLE BIRD BATTLE READY in a second.

Woobat is adorable and I wish that Ash had got one since it would show up more that way.

I wonder why Misty didn't appear at Pallet. I guess the writers are moving on.

wow that sucked, the japanese version is much better than this crap imo

3DS FC: 3007 8602 5963 (Friend safari: Fire type)
    3DS XL FC: 4441 9441 0140 (Friend safari: Electric type)
    Wii U NNID is Ginji_70 (add me if you want to race on MK8)

Current shinies on Alpha Sapphire: RE, 766 SR
        Spoiler:- Shiny Badge Quests:

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I wonder why Misty didn't appear at Pallet. I guess the writers are moving on.
    She had no reason to? Shoot we barely had Pallet town for like 5 minutes.

Misty fanboys these days, shessh.

Iris is pretty much the new Misty. Even Tracey wasn't shown, did he get fired?

Team Plasma is really bound to show up after all. Did I find out too late about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    wow that sucked, the japanese version is much better than this crap imo
    Oh please. This episode was translated very well.

CyberCubed. Just because Ash was in Pallet Town does NOT mean that Misty and Tracey have to show up. First of all, Misty is in Cerulean. Why she would be in Pallet Town is beyond me. As for Tracey, he's off doing professor-like things.

Shut up about old characters. This thread is for the new episode. Nobody cares about how some old characters aren't appearing anymore. :|

Oh cyber

never stop trolling

Oh right! One last thing I really liked about the episode was Oshawott. I liked its personality and determination. Osha~ Osha~
    Also Pidove is really tiny, I never really realized it until I saw it land on Ash's hand. Pikachu won't be riding that any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I agree with you on that part but still I prefer japanese version. They could at least kept the original japanese opening and ending but as usual america fails at dubbing anime music. =_=

3DS FC: 3007 8602 5963 (Friend safari: Fire type)
    3DS XL FC: 4441 9441 0140 (Friend safari: Electric type)
    Wii U NNID is Ginji_70 (add me if you want to race on MK8)

Current shinies on Alpha Sapphire: RE, 766 SR
        Spoiler:- Shiny Badge Quests:

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Not only that, but the Opening theme's song was pretty darn good. Also, they kept all of the original background music from what I can tell (including the title card music). I was also surprised that Ash's voice sounded pretty good. Maybe it was just because this episode and the previous one focused mainly on him, but I thought that he sounded much better than he did in Sinnoh. Anyway, Iris's voice will take some getting used to. I liked that she still referred to Ash as a "kid" in this version, however. That was funny. Team Rocket still managed to get in a rhyme or two, but they weren't as annoying as they've been in previous episodes. I'm actually excited about the dub now.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    but the Opening theme's song was pretty darn good.
    Er...I heavilly disagree on that.

Why do they keep doing these 30 second openings. And they keep getting people who can't really sing either. I'd say the last few notes of the song were pretty good, but the guy singing was just bad.

Anyway, again, I'm highly impressed by this dub, and the fact that I'm watching a toyetic anime that plays the Japanese music. That's so impossible lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    I agree with you on that part but still I prefer japanese version. They could at least kept the original japanese opening and ending but as usual america fails at dubbing anime music. =_=
    For some reason I have a feeling that CN is limiting the amount of time that the dub can use for the opening (probably so they have more time for commercials). If the dubbers seem to be getting pretty much everything else right, there has to be some kind of restriction being placed on them that is causing them to need to have a shorter opening then the Japanese.

(This is basically my thoughts on both episodes aired today.)

Well I must say, the dub did a great job with the first two episodes of Black and White/Best Wishes. Very pleased that all of the Japanese music was kept; I hope they keep that up because if they do I might actually start watching the dub regularly again. It makes the episodes so much better then the generic stuff the dub often replaces it with.

I literally jumped up and off my bed when "Who's That Pokemon?" came up, it looked great and its nice to see them bringing the eyecatches back in some form.

The opening was ok, I like the song better than the Sinnoh League Victors' Opening, but it was way too short and I didn't like the way the clips were arranged. I'll get used to it after a while, but it didn't impress me all to much on the first two viewings.

Voice Acting was very good, especially for the Pokemon. I can actually say that I slightly prefer Iris's dub voice to her Japanese voice because it's not as squeaky and high pitched; it's a lot more mellow yet possible to be voiced up when need be.

Bottom line, I'm very very pleased with how these episodes turned out and I hope the dub keeps this up.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Not only that, but the Opening theme's song was pretty darn good.
    They actually kept the animation. I was shocked.

Also, they kept all of the original background music from what I can tell (including the title card music).
    Most, if not all, was from the game, and that's a pretty good way to advertise for Black and White, that and the music is pretty good.

Anyway, Iris's voice will take some getting used to. I liked that she still referred to Ash as a "kid" in this version, however. That was funny.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Iris's voice sound an awful lot like a mix between Lyra and Candice?

Team Rocket still managed to get in a rhyme or two, but they weren't as annoying as they've been in previous episodes. I'm actually excited about the dub now.
    Team Rocket themselves won't take getting used to, it's the way they sound for how they act that's going to take the most getting used to. Then again, the same scenario happened during the changeover, so maybe it'll be the same here.

Oh, and the motto... my god is it similar to the Raw version!

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Er...I heavilly disagree on that.

Why do they keep doing these 30 second openings. And they keep getting people who can't really sing either. I'd say the last few notes of the song were pretty good, but the guy singing was just bad.
    I didn't really care about the song all that much. I recently stopped caring about the intro music and what not. But, the animation was kept, and the lyrics don't sound half bad.

Anyway, again, I'm highly impressed by this dub, and the fact that I'm watching a toyetic anime that plays the Japanese music. That's so impossible lately.
    What's so hard to saw about, "Video Game based". I know that the other majority of some kids animes are also based on toys, but Pokemon is strictly video games. It may use toys to advertise the show, but the show adverts the game. And does a mighty fine job at that.

Hmm... I have a new way to discuss about the episodes now, this should be fun .

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    What's so hard to saw about, "Video Game based". I know that the other majority of some kids animes are also based on toys, but Pokemon is strictly video games. It may use toys to advertise the show, but the show adverts the game. And does a mighty fine job at that.
    Accurately, it should be "children's franchise-based" but usually when we're referring to shows like this, I just generally say "toyetic." I don't mean it as an insult though.

This episode was great. I should have mentioned from last episode that I kinda like how they made Iron Tail literally made of iron which they should have done in the first place. I must admit that Team Rocket has finally gotten more serious. They ditched the Meowth balloon and the blast off with a TR balloon and a "smokescreen getaway".
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    This episode was great. I should have mentioned from last episode that I kinda like how they made Iron Tail literally made of iron which they should have done in the first place. I must admit that Team Rocket has finally gotten more serious. They ditched the Meowth balloon and the blast off with a TR balloon and a "smokescreen getaway".
    I'm really sorry if I sound like a jerk, but did you keep up with the Japanese episodes?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDragon trainer View Post
    Believe me, it's only going to get better from here.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I'm convinced that this season will be the best perhaps since the very first (the first was the best in my opinion). Team Rocket is awesome and intimidating now while also managing to sneak in a few funny jokes and no bad rhyming (thank God.) The dubbing and voice ating seemed a lot better. Whoever does the English voice for Iris does a remarkable job. I also like the new look of Pikachu's Iron Tail. I'm excited to see what the Unova saga brings!!!!

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

now that i can respond to this episode. It was great.

My Favorite part was when Ash was trying to catch the pidove. Thunderbolt!

the other pidove attack LOL

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I like how ash tried catching most of the pokemon he saw... lol

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast