Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Evo stone

Default Pre-Evo stone

Basically, a new item that increases the defence of NFE pokemon by 50%.

This could possibly make Duskclops better than Dusknoir, Scyther bulkier and flip over Little Cup.

In normal Competitive battling, at least it will be obvious which Pokémon are using it. Nobody runs Chansey over Blissey, so that should clue you in to a lack of leftovers in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well if you can get rid of Tyranitar, Rotom W, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Specs Politoed, Heatran, Jirachi, Skarmory, Excadrill, Thundurus, Reuniclus, Gengar, Taunt Gyarados, Deoxys, Volcarona, Forretress, Latias, Hydreigon, Scrafty, Metagross, Chandelure, Toxic, Sandstorm, Hail, Rain, Sun boosted Fire Blasts, Taunt, any offensive Pokemon with Lum Berry, stall and all skilled players then Cresselia is decent in OU.
    Pokédex: 718

Chansey has some incredible defenses now.

SD Chomp Outrage vs..

Chansey: 37.1% - 43.6%
    Swampert: 37.9% - 44.6%

Chansey has next to no Special Attack, so its not 100% superior to Blissey, but it seems pretty close..

Could someone explain to me what NFE means? I'm kinda lost with terms when it comes to competitive battles.

And this items works only in the Pokemon that has an evolution, or works also for the ones that don't evolve as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    Could someone explain to me what NFE means? I'm kinda lost with terms when it comes to competitive battles.
    NFE means not fully evolved. Pokemon like Chansey and Sneasel are NFE, but Blissey and Weavile are not.
    Pokemon X FC: 2063-0035-5069

Thanks for the info!

So that excludes Pokemon without evolutions. Oh my, that takes out all my strategy to trash.

Hmm.

Am I the only one to think of Lairon? Pre-evo stone makes him 2nd place in defense IN THE GAME.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

I guess this means Shuckle will NEVER get an evolution, huh?

Well the only downside to it is that you lose the item slot, 6% hp recovery is quite a lot when you look at blissey. I can't really say if Chansey will be better than Blissey. But I have to say that I do like that they gave some attention to nfe pokemon, so I'm happy about that.

I haven't seen any research to confirm that it is in fact a 50&#37; boost to both defenses as of this time. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldWombat View Post
    I haven't seen any research to confirm that it is in fact a 50% boost to both defenses as of this time. I could be wrong though.
    It is a 1.5 boost to both defensive stats, used for any Pokemon that has not yet reached its final form. Confirmed by Smogon.

great, maybe now they can make Farfetch'd not suck

so onix will pone im assuming
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/1z1d54y.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- FC:

Spoiler:- Team Enchanted Garden:

Spoiler:- pending trades:

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    I don't think they would classify Farfetch'd as a NFE Pokemon. Even if it was, it would still suck.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    I doubt it. Even I they could make him an NFE, Farfetch'd is still a weak Flying type, and its defenses would barely go over 300.

Now Shelgon, he seems interesting. He got some use in UU for having the strongest Outrage in the tier. This item would give him some decent SpD, and boost his already nice Def. And his new Dust Proof ability can protect against the occasional hail and sandstorm. It's at least better than Rock Head, as long as you don't want to run Double Edge. And Shibibiiru looks like it would like this. It may not be near as offensive as its final form, but it has no weaknesses and would have some nice bulk.

And would this item be allowed in Little Cup?

Farfetch'd does not get the boost.

Pre-Evolution stone:

Gives Chansey better defenses than Swampert
    Dusclops now has better defense than Shuckle (Sand gives Shuckle better Special Defense)
    Lets Porygon 2 take just 67.9&#37; - 80.7% from a LO Lucario Close Combat
    Munchlax has Defense similar to Skarmory and Special Defense similar to Blissey.
    Curse Lickitung has more Special durability than Tentacruel, and is suddenly a really good Wish passer or Rain counter.
    I suddenly have a need to use Onix even if it still sucks.
    Bulky Thick Fat Piloswine tank now seems decent to check the dragons and Heatran. Well, not really.

So, only few Pokemon can actually make a profit out of it.

Nosepass can make a decent wall there, if his HP wouldn't be THAT DAMN LOW. Cubene also has a decent use of it with 95 Def base and 50 Sp Def (hmm)

Anyway, Togetic is the only one I think that can be interesting with it. 85/105 and decent SpAtk (80)

what about Vigoroth? Slaking's awfully bulky in it's own way, so how's it help it's lesser form?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    what about Vigoroth? Slaking's awfully bulky in it's own way, so how's it help it's lesser form?
    Vigoroth doesnt really have the statts to pull it off.

If this is true, it's still worthless for a lot of Pokemon who need this sort of boost... You know like fully evolved failures like Arbok.

The Pokemon that uses this item need to be bulky enough to take some hits on their own, like Chansey or Dusclops, and should have a recovery move since they are not getting leftovers. I'm not sure if Dusclops could work that well without lefties due to its 40 base HP. Chansey has high enough HP to use and has access to 2 great recovery moves.

Porygon2 will have better defensive stats than Lugia.

What about Rydon? With sand up and the pre-evo stone that put it defs at, 105/180/90, not to bad if you ask me, considering it most likely stay uu/nu. Also Seadra who doesn't supereffective damgae from all the new dragon moves.

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    What about Rydon? With sand up and the pre-evo stone that put it defs at, 105/180/90, not to bad if you ask me, considering it most likely stay uu/nu. Also Seadra who doesn't supereffective damgae from all the new dragon moves.
    Holy ****! With 135 base attack, that thing can become a beast! But no items and poor speed would make it UU still...
    Formerly, Chariking

Porygon-2 will be my valentine.
    ~ Reinier

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    imo MixPedo could work here

Although it will only affect a few pokemon (and very few of them will actually move up to OU), this does change the game quite a bit. Chansey, Dusclops, Porygon-2 ... we have some new tanks emerging, even if their offenses are rather lacking.

Right now, as has been said, stall is not viable, as the offensive side of the game is being tested. However, when the offense settles, I daresay some of the old and new tanks will re-emerge. And then we'll have to counter them offensively. Oh, the wondrous cycle.
    My Pokemon Black Team (Coming Spring 2011)
    Maru PyroTaüschenRaiAjagraCoatl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast