Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I have a question having to do with egg moves I guess. I am breeding Rufflet so I can have one of adamant nature for Black 2 (I'm doing a thing with friends where I must use one on my team) and when the first one hatched I noticed its moves were peck, leer, aerial ace, and fly. I know peck and leer are moves it automatically gets but aerial ace and fly aren't egg moves (rufflet doesn't even have egg moves to begin with). Aerial ace is learned at level 23 and and fly is learned through the HM so why does it have these moves now. I'm breeding it with a ditto obviously, but I doubt that would add any moves to it besides peck and leer. I don't think it's so much of an issue buy why does it know these moves with out training or TMs/HMs added onto it?
    Did the original Rufflet/Braviary you used to breed have AA and Fly? Then there you go. Yes, the Pokemon that breeds with Ditto and has TM/HM moves, those moves will be sent through the egg to the new hatchling.
    Casual Veteran Player (History: Yellow, Silver, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, White, Black, White2, Black2 (current))

I just enjoy the ride

FC's:
    White - 5028-9056-3901 (JT):
    Black - 1764-7304-9723 (Aishi):
    White 2 - 3998-4495-2395 (Rose):
    Black 2 - 2881-8825-5463 (JT):

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj0 View Post
    Did the original Rufflet/Braviary you used to breed have AA and Fly? Then there you go. Yes, the Pokemon that breeds with Ditto and has TM/HM moves, those moves will be sent through the egg to the new hatchling.
    Oh really? Thanks. I haven't actually need to use ditto yet so I'd have no idea. Thanks for the information, I'm going to get teach the rufflet TMs I wanted on it so it'd have those moves right away.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Can someone help me evolve my kadabra?
    Pokemon Black FC :2280 2971 8079

Is there a breeding chain in 5th gen for head smash and super power on a aron or do you need a 4th gen to get this combo
    pokedex 641/649
        Spoiler:- egg moves:

Spoiler:- DWF:

Spoiler:- DWF im after:

Quote Originally Posted by cybra View Post
    Is there a breeding chain in 5th gen for head smash and super power on a aron or do you need a 4th gen to get this combo
    Superpower is a tutor move for both Rampardos and Aggron, and Aggron gets Head Smash from Rampardos.

I recently found my first two shinies in my white, Golbat being my first and my second being a raticate(was hard to tell it was shiny..). I decided to get alittle shiny crazy and hunt for a few more through an apparently better method. Seeing as my now Crobat is one of my favorites I decided to go for another one I really liked! I traded for a japanese woobat and breeded mine with it, collecting 5 eggs. I thought of an idea by getting the eggs close to hatching then storing them untill I could take all 5 and hatch them basicly around the same time to increase my chance of getting a shiny woob, through soft resets.

Okay so basicly my question is does this method work well and does the soft logging ruin any chance of hatching a shiny woob?
    : )

Sorry for typing so much I'm new to this kind of so any advice or help would be great!!
    ~
    Last edited by Phypur; 16th August 2012 at 4:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phypur View Post

I recently found my first two shinies in my white, Golbat being my first and my second being a raticate(was hard to tell it was shiny..). I decided to get alittle shiny crazy and hunt for a few more through an apparently better method. Seeing as my now Crobat is one of my favorites I decided to go for another one I really liked! I traded for a japanese woobat and breeded mine with it, collecting 5 eggs. I thought of an idea by getting the eggs close to hatching then storing them untill I could take all 5 and hatch them basicly around the same time to increase my chance of getting a shiny woob, through soft resets.

Okay so basicly my question is does this method work well and does the soft logging ruin any chance of hatching a shiny woob?
    : )

Sorry for typing so much I'm new to this kind of so any advice or help would be great!!
    ~
    If you want to soft reset eggs, you need to save before taking them from the daycare man. once you take the egg from him, everything about the pokemon is determined. (shininess, gender, ability, etc.)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    If you want to soft reset eggs, you need to save before taking them from the daycare man. once you take the egg from him, everything about the pokemon is determined. (shininess, gender, ability, etc.)
    Sad day, thanks. : ( I wonder what's the easiest way then.. just collect abunch of eggies?

Quote Originally Posted by Phypur View Post
    Sad day, thanks. : ( I wonder what's the easiest way then.. just collect abunch of eggies?
    you could do that. I just hatch them as i go. some people like to stockpile eggs, but I find I have less patience for shiny hunting when I do that.

When I hatch eggs I hatch 5 at a time use my flame body volcorona, and sometimes waste pass orbs to hatch them faster I usually release the rejects that aren't the natures I want

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Right, I am a tad confused now when it comes to advanced breeding, I have bred lots and have only just realised I haven't been giving my flawless ditto a power item to make sure it passes on the most important IV that I am after, after reading up on this advanced breeding guide on pokemon marriland, I have realeased that 3 stats can be passed over from any of the 2 pokemon. My issue is I always thought the flawless ditto passed on 3 of its flawless IV's(minimum) and then the 4th from the power item? So can someone actually explain to me what would happen in this situation?
    I will give you and example, I have a male scyther,everstone holded for nature, flawless jap ditto,holding power bracer for attack flawless IV stat. Now after this is where im unsure how the other 5 stats will turn out
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

I believe it was three get picked from the parents, one of which you can lock.
    so in your example: two of the five stats would be chosen from between your two parents,and the other three stats would be generated randomly.

From what I read it said 3 got passed on from parents and you lock the 4th then the other 2 are random?, confused .com, I think I may just try and see what results I get, I also read to level up fast so IV's can be checked was to use rare candies, where am I supposed to find them stockpiled up without cheating?
    FC - 3783 1652 7369 PKMN BLACK

*WANTS* shiny shiny shiny vgc zorua event worlds'12 flying

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    From what I read it said 3 got passed on from parents and you lock the 4th then the other 2 are random?, confused .com, I think I may just try and see what results I get, I also read to level up fast so IV's can be checked was to use rare candies, where am I supposed to find them stockpiled up without cheating?
    where did you read that?
    according to bulbapedia, "the baby will inherit three IVs, each from a different stat and from a random parent. In addition, a new mechanic was added to breeding, where if either or both parents holds an EV item, instead, the baby will receive the IV of the corresponding stat from one of those parents and the baby will then inherit two other different random IVs, each from a random parent."

if you want loads of rare candies without cheating, get a pokemon with pickup, level it up to at least level 21. From level 21 to 40 you have a 4% chance of finding a rare candy after battling a pokemon, level 41 onwards you have a 10% chance.

Does anyone have any advice for breeding, any at all? I know I'll have to go through an obscene amount of eggs to get things perfect, but do you have any tips or advice for IVs, Natures, Etc.?
    Friend Codes:

White 2666 9340 4830

Black 0089 4527 9817

SoulSilver

Is there any possible way to get an Electric Pokemon to learn Zap Cannon through breeding?
    3DS FRIEND CODE
    1908-0000-6389

I DARKENDRA SHALL UNLOCK THE TRUE POTENTIALS OF ALL LEGENDARY POKEMON!

Quote Originally Posted by CyndaquilRules View Post
    Oh I hope not. That'd be rather displeasing..
    Sorry to disappoint you but it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowj0 View Post
    Do you wan't to trade here's my friend code-2023-1449-3709

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    where did you read that?
    according to bulbapedia, "the baby will inherit three IVs, each from a different stat and from a random parent. In addition, a new mechanic was added to breeding, where if either or both parents holds an EV item, instead, the baby will receive the IV of the corresponding stat from one of those parents and the baby will then inherit two other different random IVs, each from a random parent."

if you want loads of rare candies without cheating, get a pokemon with pickup, level it up to at least level 21. From level 21 to 40 you have a 4% chance of finding a rare candy after battling a pokemon, level 41 onwards you have a 10% chance.
    if you want to increase your pokemon's level to check IVs simply put it in a PWT tournament. It will raise to level 50. Common strat.
    3DS FC 3780-9100-5377

Looking for Non-Kalos legends for Dex only.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkendra View Post
    Is there any possible way to get an Electric Pokemon to learn Zap Cannon through breeding?
    Not as an egg move.

Okay, question: I stuck a ditto with perfect speed iv, wearing a power anklet, and a togetic with perfect hp iv, wearing a power weight into the daycare. The egg I got back had perfect speed, but the iv guy didn't mention hp. Did it not inherit the hp iv? I thought the power item would guarantee that iv being inherited... or is it only one parent that can pass a specific iv down, and all others are random?

Sorry if this has been answered before, this is confusing!
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Quote Originally Posted by echo13 View Post
    Okay, question: I stuck a ditto with perfect speed iv, wearing a power anklet, and a togetic with perfect hp iv, wearing a power weight into the daycare. The egg I got back had perfect speed, but the iv guy didn't mention hp. Did it not inherit the hp iv? I thought the power item would guarantee that iv being inherited... or is it only one parent that can pass a specific iv down, and all others are random?

Sorry if this has been answered before, this is confusing!
    If you use two power items, the game will only activate one. If one of your parents has a good nature, put an everstone on it instead of the power item. then you can hatch until the game randomly gives you both IVs you want with the right nature

Ah, of course it can't be that easy. Thanks for the quick reply!
    Black2 Team:
    X Team: Froakie

Always give the parent with flawless Speed the Power Anklet, since Speed is the most important stat.

Hi need advice please..... I breed pokes but continuously get 3 31 iv stats..... I Would like to pick up at least 4 31 iv stats...... I have the poke F with the nature id like and a few 31 ivs hold a EVERSTONE ... Then i have the poke that I mate it with hold a belt to garantee the perfect stat in that one and hope it passes the others to....... My Goal is at least 4 31 iv stats - BR4VE SHOULD I JUST KEEP Hatching and hope I finally get the 4th iv stat?
    I have DW Dratini + extremespeed and 31 iv's in two stats;DW Gligar;DW Banette;DW Hippopotas;DW poliwag+hydro pump;[COLOR="#ADD8E6"]DW Vulpix;reg Lapras;Aron;Diglett+Pokerus;Exeggcute; Beldum;Smoochum;Mamoswine;Lucario;Zubat;Hoppip;Hou ndour;Buizel;Sheildon;Lickatung; Mawile;Lunatone;Trapinch;Staryu;Growlithe;Tryogue; Gastly; Eevee; Happiny;smeargle;Ariados;/COLOR];Marill;Combee;Drifloon;Deinowants.. DW Abra; DW Natu; Ralts;Forieghn Ditto; tm psychic,thunderbolt;Blizzard; Rare Candy;
    FC: 0390 4671 4068 - BR4VE someone please take these eggs

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast