Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LV100 View Post
    Has breeding been improved or even altered in any way? All I've noticed is that the everstone seemed to have a higher success rate when passing natures, which could just be dumb luck.
    Supposedly, it's no longer possible to save before taking the egg in order to make sure you get a Pokemon with the right nature, gender, and ability, which is going to make getting that perfect Pokemon a bigger pain then it ever was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Supposedly, it's no longer possible to save before taking the egg in order to make sure you get a Pokemon with the right nature, gender, and ability, which is going to make getting that perfect Pokemon a bigger pain then it ever was before.
    Huh. So then the Nature, gender, and ability of the Pokemon in the egg are determined the moment the egg is created in the game, rather than the moment you pick it up from the Day Care man in Black and White? That's such a shame. Game Freak's people really have been meddling with things they shouldn't have been meddling with. Getting certain stuff passed down from parent to offspring looks to be a bit tricky now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    ... I have been doing it the wrong way in HG/SS all this time! xD I never realized that you could restart from picking up the egg to get a different one, so I've always been doing it the "hard way". :P I had a box and a half of Aerodactyls at one point.

Playing Soul Silver & Playing White

Perhaps I should've worded it differently.

Before, when an egg was created, the nature, gender, and ability were fixed, but not the IVs, so you could save before taking the egg, check if it had the right traits other then IVs after it hatched, and if it did, then just keep soft resetting so the only random factor you had to deal with was the IVs.

Now, if that indeed isn't possible, it means you have to hope that all of those things end up the right way each time you take the egg, and with the addition of passing down Dream World abilities getting added into the mix, getting that perfect Pokemon is going to be more time consuming then ever.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 4th October 2010 at 7:18 AM.

So breeding actually got worse then? T_T

"____ you legit breeders, go buy an AR."
    Last edited by LV100; 4th October 2010 at 7:39 AM.

4227-2067-0445

On the bright side, when doing the "pacing path" the old man will yell at you when an egg is produced and you run by him (making your character face him). Very nice! It was always a pain looking for what direction the old man was facing in D/P/Pt or getting spammed with phone calls in HG/SS.

i have 2 different language pokemon in the daycare currently. i'm going to find some Everstones next and see if Everstone natures works with different language pokemon now.

Does anyone know of a good method for checking IVs? There doesn't seem to be a way to set your Pokemon to Lv100 anymore.

4227-2067-0445

The best thing you can do is check your Pokemons, nature, characteristic and hidden power. Check with the IV dude for a good measure of your pokemons potential and any perfect stats. Save, then write down your pokemons stats from lv. 1 to lv. 10 and use Metal Kids calculator.

It's evil and fairly inaccurate, but it's your best alternative.
    Make a wish Eevee!

Oh, how I dread breeding for good Pokemon, now that I've personally tested it, and determined that everything I mentioned before is true.

Though on the bright side, it only takes about 30 seconds of running for me to hatch a starter with a combination of Flame Body and the High Link power-up.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 6th October 2010 at 8:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharina27 View Post
    The best thing you can do is check your Pokemons, nature, characteristic and hidden power. Check with the IV dude for a good measure of your pokemons potential and any perfect stats. Save, then write down your pokemons stats from lv. 1 to lv. 10 and use Metal Kids calculator.

It's evil and fairly inaccurate, but it's your best alternative.
    Wow.

Where's the IV dude, and is he going to be pretty easy to understand considering I don't speak a word of Japanese? Or is there a translation?

I guess the only way to get a perfect reading is to abuse Pick Up until you get 99 rare candies. ._. 39 down...

4227-2067-0445

question, if I do mass breeding between certain pokes taking move tutors and egg moves that are only obtionable on certain pokemon cross gen (third and fourth) could those moves be passed on to a dream world baby in the 5th gen? I also want to know if this works with 4th gen tms.
    (damn, seems like there is gonna be alot of trading and mechanics being used throught all 3rd 4th and 5th gen games plus the orre games)
    wat happened to the competitve section? why is the 5rmt just there?
    Last edited by arceus7; 7th October 2010 at 3:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    question, if I do mass breeding between certain pokes taking move tutors and egg moves that are only obtionable on certain pokemon cross gen (third and fourth) could those moves be passed on to a dream world baby in the 5th gen?
    It would only work if the previous gen TM move was an egg move for the Pokemon in Gen V.

So, for example, Torterra learns Stealth Rock in Gen IV via TM, but is not possible for it to learn it via TM or breeding or level up in Gen V. So, it is not possible to have a Shell Armor Torterra with Stealth Rock.

So...question for the room.

I love and want Tsutarja like crazy. No other way to word it. It's my favorite starter. The only problem...the attacks that it has available to learn. Is there anyone in here that thinks it would be wise to SR for a female and bread it with something that has a useful egg move it could pass on?

It's a lot of time and effort...I just don't know if it would lead to an effort payoff or a time bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalty View Post
    So...question for the room.

I love and want Tsutarja like crazy. No other way to word it. It's my favorite starter. The only problem...the attacks that it has available to learn. Is there anyone in here that thinks it would be wise to SR for a female and bread it with something that has a useful egg move it could pass on?

It's a lot of time and effort...I just don't know if it would lead to an effort payoff or a time bankruptcy.
    I would recommend playing through the game force and then breeding for your ideal Pokemon. However if that seems like a waste to you, breed for your ideal Pokemon as soon as you get to Route 3.

Really it's up to you and your play style.
    Pokemon X Team:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Black 2 FC: 2967 6413 3444

Quote Originally Posted by FireEmblemAddict View Post
    I would recommend playing through the game force and then breeding for your ideal Pokemon. However if that seems like a waste to you, breed for your ideal Pokemon as soon as you get to Route 3.

Really it's up to you and your play style.
    Hmmm...leaving things up to me to decide? That's not what I wanted!
    But thanks though.

Well, you could breed for your Tsutarja, but I have to wonder what the point is. The only egg move which is really viable on it would be Glare, but of course, it depends exactly what you plan to do. Personally, I performed soft resets until I obtained a female Tsutarja and have put it aside for breeding.

Is there any possible way to get both Dark Pulse and Earth Power on a baby Monozu? I think I have exhausted all possible breeding partners and it doesn't look like it, but I'll ask anyway in case there is something I have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Is there any possible way to get both Dark Pulse and Earth Power on a baby Monozu? I think I have exhausted all possible breeding partners and it doesn't look like it, but I'll ask anyway in case there is something I have missed.
    Sadly, it's completely impossible to get both moves on a Monozu, as there isn't a single dragon that learns both of them.

All we can do is hope that they bring back the Earth Power move tutor in the third version.

Is there any way to breed Dark Pulse and Extrasensory onto a Zorua? I've been trying to think of a way but it's been driving me crazy. If there isn't a way then it's completely fine.

All the credit to this awesome sig goes to Skiyomi.
    Pm me if you wanna chat.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Well, you could breed for your Tsutarja, but I have to wonder what the point is. The only egg move which is really viable on it would be Glare, but of course, it depends exactly what you plan to do. Personally, I performed soft resets until I obtained a female Tsutarja and have put it aside for breeding.

Girat--ohwait

Yeah, there is nothing that can learn both moves for Sazandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Clearly Bianca is the Shadow Triad

FACT: You never see her at the end
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions in a similar manner to the Triad's vanishing acts
    FACT: Musharna can create illusions of people
    FACT: You never see the Triad until after Bianca gets her Muuna
    FACT: Being the Shadow Triad would give her something to do in life

Quote Originally Posted by Red1062 View Post
    Is there any way to breed Dark Pulse and Extrasensory onto a Zorua? I've been trying to think of a way but it's been driving me crazy. If there isn't a way then it's completely fine.
    Get a male Smeargle and have it sketch those two moves.

Also, both Nuzleaf and Vulpix learn Extrasensory by level-up and can be taught the Dark Pulse TM in Gen IV.

lol I find it funny how some Pokes gained Cut as an egg move.

How does a Shellos cut??...=\
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Before, when an egg was created, the nature, gender, and ability were fixed, but not the IVs, so you could save before taking the egg, check if it had the right traits other then IVs after it hatched, and if it did, then just keep soft resetting so the only random factor you had to deal with was the IVs.
    Does IV passed down lock by this method?
    Last edited by GameMaster0000; 20th October 2010 at 1:15 PM.
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

if I breeded a female dampert with a male 4thgen stealthrock swampert does the baby have dampert+stealthrock?

Nope as Stealth Rock isn't an egg move.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast