Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Breeding/Egg Moves FAQ & Discussion Thread

so tms from 4th gen don't get passed down unless there eggmoves?

Yeah, TMs that get passed down are TMs of that generation. The list of Stealth Rock Pokémon this time around is a pretty odd bunch.

Breeding has a few interesting things to worry about now.

Some Pokemon can be breeding parents for egg moves that they themselves are never able to learn!

Prime example is a male Sunkern with Earth Power that I found in the Dream World. It can be a parent to Turtwig to teach it Earth Power, but neither Sunkern nor Sunflora can actually learn or be taught or breed into Earth Power themselves in any generation!

Another example is Super Fang Nidoran male. Have fun finding those situations, Serebii
    My Team in Pokemon Black Battle Subway Single Train

BATTLE SUBWAY CHEATS! Ask me how!
    Friend code: 4126 0563 7357
    COME VISIT ME IN THE DREAM WORLD!
    (sprites originally from http://arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html)

Just a question in case I've missed it - using the power items does pass on IVs again, doesn't it? I've realized after a day of breeding to get a high attack/speed IV'd Aaken, that I didn't check this first...!

Incidentally, if anyone would like a free Aaken, PM me, I've bred tonnes of the things (39 and counting).

EDIT:

I must be seriously blind to not notice this! >_<

Just realized on the Pokemon's stat screen, one stat is shaded red, the other blue, to show the +/- for the natures. I've been translating from kanji for a day now to find out the natures...

...D'oh...
    Last edited by Copley Hill Gym; 27th October 2010 at 11:06 AM.

Current 5th Generation Team

FC: 3395-9158-1577

Quote Originally Posted by Copley Hill Gym View Post
    Just a question in case I've missed it - using the power items does pass on IVs again, doesn't it? I've realized after a day of breeding to get a high attack/speed IV'd Aaken, that I didn't check this first...!
    I can confirm it does after breeding about 30 or so Meraruba, and having a little over half of them with a perfect speed IV, with one parent having that IV and a Power Anklet on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I can confirm it does after breeding about 30 or so Meraruba, and having a little over half of them with a perfect speed IV, with one parent having that IV and a Power Anklet on.
    That's a relief. I've bred about 45 Aaken now, it's about the same number have two perfect IVs (isn't it great that aerodactyl can breed with them? I've managed to pass on attack and speed IVs this way!)

Current 5th Generation Team

FC: 3395-9158-1577

Sorry about this stupid question but I was looking for a way to teach Dark Pulse to Monozu. It's listed on its' egg moves list as taught by another Monozu/Jiheddo/Sazandora(?) but I don't see Dark Pulse on its movelist.
    Do I have only to breed 2 monozu?

Thank you!
    - Oh! Another one from the family!

White: 5457-5341-0289
    Heart Gold: 3481-8109-8745
    Add me and send yours by PM =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonai View Post
    Sorry about this stupid question but I was looking for a way to teach Dark Pulse to Monozu. It's listed on its' egg moves list as taught by another Monozu/Jiheddo/Sazandora(?) but I don't see Dark Pulse on its movelist.
    Do I have only to breed 2 monozu?

Thank you!
    You need to Pokeshift a male Ekans, Seviper, or Gyarados from DPP that was taught Dark Pulse via TM.

The egg move list seems to only account for Pokemon that can learn the moves in the fifth gen.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 3rd November 2010 at 10:36 PM.

You need to Pokeshift a male Ekans, Seviper, or Gyarados from DPP that was taught Dark Pulse via TM.

The egg move list seems to only account for Pokemon that can learn the moves in the fifth gen.
    Thanks Rakurai, that works perfectly!
    - Oh! Another one from the family!

White: 5457-5341-0289
    Heart Gold: 3481-8109-8745
    Add me and send yours by PM =)

Hmm...As far as I test, power item 100% passed down IV, unlike everstone that has 50% chance.
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

Was it 100&#37; in the past as well?

I bread most of pokemon in HGSS many time(It is my first pokemon game)

I can comfirm that it will 100&#37; passed down if "1" of parent hole power item.

But if both parent held power item it will be 50% for each parent.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

I first bread gligar that has DW ability, finally I get good IV with DW ability.

But I notice that when I bread famale Gligar with Ditto no child that has DW ability while parent is same gligar I get about 50% of child that has DW ability.

So, I just bad luck or it not work with ditto?
    Last edited by GameMaster0000; 5th November 2010 at 9:45 AM.

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

It doesn't work with Ditto.

Hmm...well.

There is another one that I want test, that is different specie but same egg group or evolved and unevolved can product child that has DW ability or not.

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

So, I'm a bit confused about the egg groups. Basically, if one pokemon is in the same group as another, then they can pass down moves to each other?

Are sites like Serebii listing only egg moves that are obtainable from that specific pokemon?

Take this for example. An Ishizumai can only learn Spikes through breeding from a Forretress because they are in the same egg group.

One, can Ishizumai also obtain Spikes from a Chobomaki bred from Forretress, since they are all in the same egg group?

Second, can Ishizumai also obtain Toxic Spikes through breeding with Forretress that has both the aforementioned move and Spikes? Because it's nowhere listed in the egg moves on Ishizumai, but they are in the same egg group, right? So, is it possible? :/

I'm really confused, haha. Someone answer my probably stupid question?
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    So, I'm a bit confused about the egg groups. Basically, if one pokemon is in the same group as another, then they can pass down moves to each other?

Are sites like Serebii listing only egg moves that are obtainable from that specific pokemon?

Take this for example. An Ishizumai can only learn Spikes through breeding from a Forretress because they are in the same egg group.

One, can Ishizumai also obtain Spikes from a Chobomaki bred from Forretress, since they are all in the same egg group?

Yes.

Second, can Ishizumai also obtain Toxic Spikes through breeding with Forretress that has both the aforementioned move and Spikes? Because it's nowhere listed in the egg moves on Ishizumai, but they are in the same egg group, right? So, is it possible? :/

No.

I'm really confused, haha. Someone answer my probably stupid question?
    Answers in bold.

Egg Groups means that the Pokémon are able to breed at all. That is, they don't determine moves; they determine compatibility. For instance, you can breed Goldeen with Gyarados because both are part of the Water 2 group. You cannot breed Goldeen with Togetic, on the other hand, because Togetic is part of the Fairy group.

To get Egg Moves, the father must have ALL of the Egg Moves you want, while the mother has to be of the evolution line. For instance, Hammer Arm is an Egg Move on Geodude. If you want a Geodude with Hammer Arm, you must breed a male Pokémon in the Mineral Group who knows Hammer Arm (such as Sudowoodo) with a female Geodude, Graveler, or Golem.

Quote Originally Posted by GameMaster0000 View Post
    But if both parent held power item it will be 50% for each parent.
    Oh, that explains why I had such a hard time getting a Meowth with an IV of 31 in both Attack and Speed. (For those not in the know, I train some unusual Pokémon because I'm a nonconformist.)

I just test bread for another DW ability pokemon.

I get another condition to passed down DW ability.

Parents must be same species, it's mean that evolved and unevolved is not work too.

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

You do know that there's a random chance of having the ability passed down, right?

Because every single report I've heard previously has never mentioned anything of the two Pokemon needing to be the same species.

Only the female can pass down Dream World Abilities, and it's only a 50&#37; chance.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

can we increase the 50&#37; chances to 75% or something by holding specific items?
    SOUL SILVER(JP) - 4082 8322 3471 DIAMOND(ENG) - 3825 2351 0417
    BLACK(JP) - 1377-3054-3688 WHITE2(JP) - 3740-5877-7185
    X(JP) - 0087-2472-1431 Fairy (Togepi, Jigglypuff, Floette)
    Y(JP) - 1134-8322-1160 Dark (Sablye, Crawdaunt, Mightyena)

I've never heard of anything that makes any one ability more frequent than another.

I produced an egg between Emonga and Munna... What could it be????

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    I produced an egg between Emonga and Munna... What could it be????
    It will be the same species as the mother.

I have an eggmove/breeding question: How do I get Dark Pulse onto Sazandora in Black/White? I've looked just about everywhere, but all I've found is that you need to chain breed Dark Pulse onto them. It never says what Pokemon I have to use to chain breed the move onto them, however :x

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast