Page 861 of 956 FirstFirst ... 761811851857858859860861862863864865871911 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,525 of 23887

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    Here's the pictures of the two shiny legendaries I have.

The fact that the Giratina came from Johto leads me to believe if anything it's been cloned. Funny enough, it'd be dumb to hack a shiny Giratina in HGSS when you can hack in the Arceus to trigger the event and make the legit Giratina, Dialga or Palkia appear since the only hacked Pokemon would be the Arceus. I've actually done it before when I didnt have a DS irl and was stuck with emulation. The Latios I actually suspect to be cloned. Either way I don't really care, they're shiny legendaries, and so far I haven't used either yet. I may eventually make them level 100, but I stumbled upon them and got lucky enough to get them.
    Giritina is hacked. It is in a masterball. The event Giritina would not come in a masterball.

The only shiny I DON'T like is hydreigons shiny form. Ugh, ewwwww it's dark green,black, and purple

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Giritina is hacked. It is in a masterball. The event Giritina would not come in a masterball.
    That's very true, it should be in a pokeball - I know because I have a shiny level 1 giratina and it took me AGES to get because of the very long scene
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

Omg I almost had a heart attack! After seeing TopDecking Shinobi & Dangertrout get their shiny Charmanders, I was determined to get mine so I filled 6 boxes of eggs and after only hatching about 1 & a half boxes, it finally shined! The everstone didn't work, and gave me a Lax nature instead of Adamant, but I can deal. I'm just ecstatic!
        Spoiler:- Picture's here:

Andriod has such crappy quality =/
    Last edited by KimmyC; 8th April 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Current Shiny Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by KimmyC View Post
    Omg I almost had a heart attack! After seeing TopDecking Shinobi & Dangertrout get their shiny Charmanders, I was determined to get mine so I filled 6 boxes of eggs and after only hatching about 1 & a half boxes, it finally shined! The everstone didn't work, and gave me a Lax nature instead of Adamant, but I can deal. I'm just ecstatic!
        Spoiler:- Picture's here:

Andriod has such crappy quality =/
    Oh no! Not you too... i've been trying to get my shiny Charmander for ages and then along come three people and bam all gotten very easily. Congratulations on finding a shiny Charmander though. However hatch the rest you may have another shiny or more hidden in there.
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Wounded I have been masuda methoding for a shiny
    Roggenrolla I hatched 1400 eggs and got one on the
    1100 to 1400 but I never realised and released it. I only
    found out when I looked on my pokedex pure gutted

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufox86 View Post
    Oh no! Not you too... i've been trying to get my shiny Charmander for ages and then along come three people and bam all gotten very easily. Congratulations on finding a shiny Charmander though. However hatch the rest you may have another shiny or more hidden in there.
    I wish mine had been easy. 2 months, and over 4000 eggs.... /sigh. I really hope the next hunt is quick. Good luck in your own Charmander hunt!

Anyways, I've been alternating between a few different breeds recently, just so I don't get too bored with hatching. Now that I have my Charmander, my main hunts will be the female Bulbasaur I was originally going for when I started hunting this year and a shiny Squirtle to complete my Kanto starter collection.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Well whether or not the Giratina is a hack I am still happy to have it and am pretty sure you can reset over and over to get it. I think I did that event on my No$Gba emulator which requires you to actually save instead of saving game states like the Desmume or the Visual Boy Advanced. Still working on the shiny Swablu too.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

I can barely believe this happened. So last night, I was laying in bed playing pokemon. And I was going around in front of the daycare waiting for an egg. Just after midnight, so technically Easter, I saw a patch of grass shake. I thought, yea, exp points. So I went into it. Right when I did, I thought, wait, it won't be much exp for my high level pokemon. But up pops a shiny Audino. So not only my first random encounter nice looking and definitely different than regular colored pokemon. (You know, not like Gurdurr.) It also happened to be an Eastery looking one. I saved a few times, and I had to check this morning to make sure it really happened, lol.

For Matsuda Method does the language have to be different or just the country such as a Watchog from Albania and my Oshawott from US verison would that work because the name is just a bunch of letters so I cant' tell if other language
    Shinies: Basculin (Red), Unfezenant (Male), Lapras, and Inkay
    Recent Shiny: Basculin (Red) fishing first cast

Quote Originally Posted by Bambo View Post
    For Matsuda Method does the language have to be different or just the country such as a Watchog from Albania and my Oshawott from US verison would that work because the name is just a bunch of letters so I cant' tell if other language
    The language has to be different. I don't know if Albania has the games translated into Albanian, but if they do, it'll work.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Congratulations to everyone's recent shinies: Altaria, Lillipup, Audino, the Charmander's any others I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissyc View Post
    Wounded I have been masuda methoding for a shiny
    Roggenrolla I hatched 1400 eggs and got one on the
    1100 to 1400 but I never realised and released it. I only
    found out when I looked on my pokedex pure gutted
    That's such a shame! Keep going!

Still no luck on my random encounter hunt. Now reached 16,000. Cant believe its taking so long! I really am hoping it shines tonight.
    Proud shiny hunter since 2010:
    Have been inactive on here since 2012 and only just returned, so I guess I'm new

Currently Doing SS Shiny Badge Quest: #1 #2 #3 #4

Looking for these trades (all event only): Shiny Palkia, Nobunaga's black Rayquaza, Goon's Scizor, Crown Entei, Cherish Ball Groudon/Kyogre, Red Genesect, any of the Pikachu's in a cherish ball, shiny movie Golurk\Hydreigon

Can offer: 4 or 5IV bred pokemon in a variety of pokeballs, shiny Japanese or English Rayquaza, 3IV Ditto (HP, Defense and Special Defense), 2IV shiny Tangela, Event Blaziken, Japanese Dream Radar Tornadus, 5 IV Japanese Rayquaza.

FC: 2122 5484 3993 (Steel Safari with Klang, Klefki and Ferroseed)

Wow, so many shinies lately!! Congrats to everyone! I've been very slow on stocking eggs. I've only stocked 120 out of 450. I'm about to check my Platinum to see if I have the Eevee day at Backlot Mansion. If not, it's back to stocking eggs. :/
    I am not a 'he'.

Copy and Paste into sig if you had the patience to catch a feebas legit once!! - Started by Claus351
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2pyvvjl.gif[/IMG] Licky by Pokemon Player! Lick... Lick... Lick...
        Spoiler:- Images found at:

Thanks for the Grats everyone. I'm not sure what to hunt for next. Anyone have any suggestions? I kinda wanna take a break from hatching eggs after I hatch the rest of my charmander eggs and try REing for one.

Current Shiny Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by KimmyC View Post
    Thanks for the Grats everyone. I'm not sure what to hunt for next. Anyone have any suggestions? I kinda wanna take a break from hatching eggs after I hatch the rest of my charmander eggs and try REing for one.
    How about REing in either Route 14, Victory Road or Dragonspiral Tower for Mienfoo?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Ever wanted to attend a Pokémon convention?
    Check out Pokéthon, a new sub-event at Otakuthon in Montreal, Canada this August!
    Like us on Facebook for news and updates!

Is it true that your Trainer Name is the deciding factor of how many shinnies you actually encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    Is it true that your Trainer Name is the deciding factor of how many shinnies you actually encounter?
    absolutely not. If thats all it took then shiny pokemon would be a dime a dozen. What determines if a pokemon will be shiny or not is your ID/SID combo in conjunction with the Pokemon's Identification Number (PID). When an egg is retrieved from the daycare man the game determines the PID of the pokemon inside and then runs a check to see if this PID, working with you ID/SID combo, will make the pokemon shiny.
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

started up my eevee MM again. would it work better if i had two Flame Body Pokemon? For Example.... Magmorter Egg Egg Egg Egg Volcarona?
    Friend code 3DS - 4398-9159-2758
    Friend Safari - Fairy - Togepi Floette and Swirlix.
    0361-8270-0767 -- Tommy B
    Friend Safari: Bug --- Ledyba, Beautifly, and Vivillion
    A Selection of my Shiny Pokemon:

Yay i just chained a shiny Ponyta in my Platinum.Its female with an adamant nature so i'm absolutely pleased.:')
    I named her Twilight.^-^
    Most recent shiny:

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyb2405 View Post
    started up my eevee MM again. would it work better if i had two Flame Body Pokemon? For Example.... Magmorter Egg Egg Egg Egg Volcarona?
    Nope. The effect of Flame Body doesn't stack up.

Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Quote Originally Posted by Too Funk to Druck View Post
    Nope. The effect of Flame Body doesn't stack up.
    so Volcarona wouldnt have any effect on the last egg?
    Friend code 3DS - 4398-9159-2758
    Friend Safari - Fairy - Togepi Floette and Swirlix.
    0361-8270-0767 -- Tommy B
    Friend Safari: Bug --- Ledyba, Beautifly, and Vivillion
    A Selection of my Shiny Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyb2405 View Post
    so Volcarona wouldnt have any effect on the last egg?
    Two Volcaronas won't make your egg hatch faster any more than it would with one Volcarona. Using one is enough and is all you need.
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

Decided on a new challenge for myself. Gonna SR the unova trio. Been resetting for cobalion for a few days now, not been counting but defo over 1000 by now. This should be interesting since I'm not a big reset fan. Can't wait to get onto Virizion!

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Yay i just chained a shiny Ponyta in my Platinum.Its female with an adamant nature so i'm absolutely pleased.:')
    I named her Twilight.^-^
    I see what you did thar. *brohoofs* lol.

If I soft reset anything it'll be Terrakion since I haven't gone to get him yet. Also I'm pretty sure I can wall the !@$#!%$ out of it till I catch it when a shiny appears. I may pick up shinies of all the weather inducers. Politoed and Ninetails will be a problem though...

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

I've been hatching Ponyta eggs for quite a few days now, I believe I am up into the hundreds at this point. I'm not keeping track, because it would just discourage me.

As opposed to stocking them up in the PC Box, I've just been grabbing them when the old man yells for me to come get the egg, and hatch them five at a time. I'm wondering whether all that RNG stuff comes into play with eggs at this point, like frames, NPCs, and whether I'm ruining my chances by talking to the old man so much.

I'm considering switching out the Ponyta with Porygon and trying my luck at that. Though, I'm wondering whether it would be easier to just SR at the Game Corner in HG.

Ugh. I got spoiled by my random Tepig a few days ago, this is kind of grating.

Best of luck, everyone. And congrats to all recent shinies. Especially 2rsa, hopefully Rarity will show up soon to accompany Twilight.
    Last edited by ZombifiedHorror1031; 9th April 2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

Page 861 of 956 FirstFirst ... 761811851857858859860861862863864865871911 ... LastLast