Page 691 of 956 FirstFirst ... 591641681687688689690691692693694695701741791 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 23887

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

*Yesterday
    I just hatched a Naive, Hustle Nidoran(male)... on the 8th egg!
    Perfect Sp.Attack and Sucker Punch as an egg move (although I wish the perfect speed was passed as well considering both parents had 31 Speed & Sp.Attack). I’ll try to post pictures in a few days.
    That’s the fastest MM shiny I’ve ever gotten, plus with the ideal Nature and Ability - and pretty much the whole time I was boxing eggs I thought “please don’t be a female with something dumb like Rivalry...”

So then I decided to begin the shiny Slowpoke hunt (since I had a female, Regenerator from Japan). This too turned out to be a quick hunt because after only 3 or so boxes, I hatch a shiny one: Jolly w/ Oblivious....seriously... I still plan to evolve it into Slowbro, but I doubt I’d actually use it for anything.

GLE
    Current MM Method Target:
    Black FC: 3568 1812 9876
    nidoking_omega Theory: Mime Jr. is a good Baton Passer. Verdict: True. Supporting Evidence: It has hands. Therefore it can hold a baton. It can also pass the baton because of its hands. Therefore, if it doesn't drop the baton, it is a good baton passer.
    KoopaBros4Lyfe: Exactly, it's hands down the best BPer in the game.
    lil_BowWow: yea, I'd like to see ninjask or jolteon try to hold a baton.

Congrats on your Nidoran ^-^ I very much like the Blue Nidoking.

I'm still working on my Shiny Dratini hunt... and have branched out into breeding for one. Might as well hedge my bets there... since the regular hunt hasn't been going too well.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I was trying to RE a shiny with my cousin and he gets a shiny blitzle so I get mad and ten 10 minutes later he RE a shiny venipede!!!!

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Recently I was wondering if I should MM for a shiny darmanitan or SR for it, so I did some light math. I'm thinking these results might help some people for catching DW shinies. When SRing, each capture has a 1/8,192 chance of being shiny. When MMing, each egg has a 1/1,365.3 chance of being shiny, but a 50% chance or 33% chance of having their DW ability.

-SRing for DW ability: 1 in 8,192 chance.
    -MMing for DW ability(only one natural): 1 in a 2,730.6 chance.
    -MMing for DW ability(two natural abilities): 1 in a 4,095.9 chance.

So, that concludes it's always better to use the Madusa method then to soft reset, even if it has a dream world ability and two natural abilities.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Recently I was wondering if I should MM for a shiny darmanitan or SR for it, so I did some light math. I'm thinking these results might help some people for catching DW shinies. When SRing, each capture has a 1/8,192 chance of being shiny. When MMing, each egg has a 1/1,365.3 chance of being shiny, but a 50% chance or 33% chance of having their DW ability.

-SRing for DW ability: 1 in 8,192 chance.
    -MMing for DW ability(only one natural): 1 in a 2,730.6 chance.
    -MMing for DW ability(two natural abilities): 1 in a 4,095.9 chance.

So, that concludes it's always better to use the Madusa method then to soft reset, even if it has a dream world ability and two natural abilities.
    That doesn't apply because you can't get shinies directly from the Entree Forest. To get a shiny with a DW ability, you need to MM it. The only DW shinies you can get from SRing are Darmanitan and Musharna.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2r40gt0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/j0wppv.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Shiny Card~
    If You're Interested in Shiny Hunting, Check Out Shiny Hunters United!

Have just joined up to the forum and will hunt with all of you guys! Best of luck to all! I'm hunting my very first shiny and I'm going after shiny Snivy by MM. At this moment I've just hit 450 eggs, he best hatch soon!
    The name is Gaz and I am just starting my shiny pokemon adventure. Wish me luck, Shiny Snivy here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by madwax View Post
    Have just joined up to the forum and will hunt with all of you guys! Best of luck to all! I'm hunting my very first shiny and I'm going after shiny Snivy by MM. At this moment I've just hit 450 eggs, he best hatch soon!
    Don't worry man, when you hit it... It's SO gratifying. Speaking of shiny Snivy's, I'm pretty sure I got the coolest shiny Snivy story ever. So I'm sitting in bed, down with potential tonsillitis, and I decide "Hey, Imma pop in the Cleveland Show, give that a watch, maybe Snivy will finally shine". I gave up counting after 1000 eggs, which was last weekend, Masuda method... So I'm just chilling, and this egg starts to hatch. I'm on about the 5th episode on disc (season boxset, yeah buddy) and the credits are about to roll in. This egg finally does the flash thing just as it wraps up hatching, and two things run through my mind. 1) It would be really awesome if this one finally shined, and 2) For those of you who have watched the Cleveland Show, you'll get what I mean when I say at the start of the credits, they kind of have that... Well, the best way to describe it is "BA DA BAH. BAH BAH." and it kicks into some sick jazz groove. Well, call my timing impeccable, but that egg flash finished just as the aforementioned sound did, and my Shiny Snivy busted out of his egg to some smooth jazz. Here's the pic;

So no big deal, he came out perfect. Jolly nature (as intended), and a 31 defense IV (not intended, but perfect because it's my Japanese Ditto's only 31 stat). He's "above average" otherwise, which is alright. Also had Iron Tail as an egg move (again intended, was kind of thinking of running Coil, Iron Tail, Leaf Blade, and Aerial Ace). Sorry if that's long, but I am pumped. It's time I moved on to my Shiny Hydreigon hunt anyway. Thinking about nicknaming this BA Cleveland, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Duality Ninja; 12th June 2011 at 6:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duality Ninja View Post
    Don't worry man, when you hit it... It's SO gratifying. Speaking of shiny Snivy's, I'm pretty sure I got the coolest shiny Snivy story ever. So I'm sitting in bed, down with potential tonsillitis, and I decide "Hey, Imma pop in the Cleveland Show, give that a watch, maybe Snivy will finally shine". I gave up counting after 1000 eggs, which was last weekend, Masuda method... So I'm just chilling, and this egg starts to hatch. I'm on about the 5th episode on disc (season boxeset, yeah buddy) and the credits are about to roll in. This egg finally does the flash thing just as it wraps up hatching, and two things run through my mind. 1) It would be really awesome if this one finally shined, and 2) For those of you who have watched the Cleveland Show, you'll get what I mean when I say at the start of the credits, they kind of have that... Well, the best way to describe it is "BA DA BAH. BAH BAH." and it kicks into some sick jazz groove. Well, call my timing impeccable, but that egg flash finished just as the aforementioned sound did, and my Shiny Snivy busted out of his egg to some smooth jazz. Here's the pic;

Spoiler:- Snivy:

So no big deal, he came out perfect. Jolly nature (as intended), and a 31 defense IV (not intended, but perfect because it's my Japanese Ditto's only 31 stat). He's "above average" otherwise, which is alright. Also had Iron Tail as an egg move (again intended, was kind of thinking of running Coil, Iron Tail, Leaf Blade, and Aerial Ace). Sorry if that's long, but I am pumped. It's time I moved on to my Shiny Hydreigon hunt anyway.
    Congratz on hatching him. I intend try for one of those in the coming weeks since I got a snivy off GTS. In other news.

I got him. I got that cheeky bastard. Cobalion. Finally, It's been a long time coming. Named him Cobaldbados,quiet natured. Will post the pics I took once I've got 'em uploaded.

EDIT: Here he is.
        Spoiler:- Cobalion Encounter:

Spoiler:- Shiny Dex:

Spoiler:- Summing It Up:

So Glad to finally have this hunt completed. But with his team still in the wind this is far from over.
    I hatch in the Cities, The Bridges are too mainstream.

Spoiler:- Warcraff Shines:

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/21jdu9f.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/13zu7pi.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/30jrbeb.png[/IMG]

That Snivy story is awesome! Hopefully I can have a similar sort of thing happen for me, I stopped trying last night and finished on 680 eggs hatched and still no luck. I have never had a shiny on any of the games and the only thing keeping me going is other people's successes.

Am I doing anything wrong? Got a Japanese Ditto with my Timid Serperior (which is holding an everstone). I figured I may as well try and get my wall set Serperior while I tried for the shiny. Really starting to loathe the green Snivy now! Hope it hatches soon, starting to lose patience.
    The name is Gaz and I am just starting my shiny pokemon adventure. Wish me luck, Shiny Snivy here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by madwax View Post
    That Snivy story is awesome! Hopefully I can have a similar sort of thing happen for me, I stopped trying last night and finished on 680 eggs hatched and still no luck. I have never had a shiny on any of the games and the only thing keeping me going is other people's successes.

Am I doing anything wrong? Got a Japanese Ditto with my Timid Serperior (which is holding an everstone). I figured I may as well try and get my wall set Serperior while I tried for the shiny. Really starting to loathe the green Snivy now! Hope it hatches soon, starting to lose patience.

Just keep at it! It's easy to lose confidence your first time around. I almost quit several times when I was trying for shiny Roggenrola, which was the first time I ever seriously tried MM, and I was only a hundred or so eggs in. It got really discouraging seeing all those blue-and-yellow rocks staring at me, but when my Memoria shone forth with all her purple glory, it was totally worth the wait! You've got all the right ingredients, you just need to keep at it. You'll get there eventually, so cheers and best of luck!

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Congratulations on the Snivy and Cobalion and any other shinies that I might have missed!

I've put my Volcarona hunt on hold because I remembered that I can MM Horsea with my Japanese Axew. So far, I think I'm at a little over 120 eggs.
    FC: 2165-5528-1057
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Has anyone ever hatched a shiny without meaning to?

YES! YES! YES! AFTER SO MUCH ENCOUNTERS! 7,155 RE'S! FIRST GENERATION FIVE SHINY! DDDDD

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/vo6hp5.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Joejoe2012 View Post
    Has anyone ever hatched a shiny without meaning to?
    Yep, 27th Snivy egg. Just breeding for females, not even MM. My first shiny with my OT!
    You jelly?
    HIATUS

Various UT and T Legendaries for tradeMISC.BREEDABLE:

BOXES AND BOXES OF: Adamant Psycho Cut Pawniard with 31 IVs in Attack! HOT ITEM!

Looking For: SHINIES and
    MMing:

I will EV Train TWO Pokemon for ONE SHINY Pokemon!
    Depending on the Pokemon, you may need to provide it.

I HAVE POKERUS.

White FC: 2837 9409 1784

Spoiler:- Creds:

Quote Originally Posted by Mismagiuss1997 View Post
    YES! YES! YES! AFTER SO MUCH ENCOUNTERS! 7,155 RE'S! FIRST GENERATION FIVE SHINY! DDDDD

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/vo6hp5.jpg[/IMG]
    Congrats! My cousin once RE'd to shiny krabbys in a row fishing in SS

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

So im going to mm A second shinY. I already have the shinies in my sig. I want to mm purple shiny. But not just any purple shiney a bad arse one. Maybe a blue one if you think theres a better blue one. Suggestions.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Started MMing for shiny Tympole, really like Seismitoad's shiny sprite. Golden patches *_* Wish me luck! Also good luck to everyone else with their hunts
    Omega Ruby

I'm going to continue my hunt for Shiny Snivy because I have a few other targets I want to get, but Snivy has to come first. I've already hatched 130 eggs before so I am going to collect 70 eggs and hatch those to make it a solid 200. Good luck to everyone! Especially Keruso who I hope gets his shiny Pidove soon!!
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

MY FIRST EVER SHINY IM SO HAPPY AFTER 563 EGGS SHINY ARCHEN.
    Please subscribe to my channel please:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E60d2...el_video_title
    MY FRIEND CODE (ON POKEMON BLACK) IS : 3396 3945 0804

I finally caught a shiny Landurus
    so that means I have a shiny
    Cobalion
    Terrkion
    Virizion
    and
    Landurus

My hunt sure was tough today. My game turned off while I was doing random encounters for Shiny Frillish, and I had to wait until my sister got home so that I could use her charger. I finally got the game back on, but I had to do about 60 more random encounters to catch up on my hunt. I also started hatching eggs for my Shiny Axew hunt, but nothing has hatched yet. I've done 30 eggs, which isn't much, but I remember seeing people hatch Shinies out of the first 20 eggs before, so I was getting my hopes up. Anyway, GLE.

soon i will try egg shiny hunting.
    Wish luck when i start.
    "Prepare to be zapped by Lightning!"

Reshiram Man is my PokeCommunity username.

i found a shiny palpitoad these days. Really cute with that crazy look, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerdude View Post
    I'm going to continue my hunt for Shiny Snivy because I have a few other targets I want to get, but Snivy has to come first. I've already hatched 130 eggs before so I am going to collect 70 eggs and hatch those to make it a solid 200. Good luck to everyone! Especially Keruso who I hope gets his shiny Pidove soon!!
    Will be interesting to see who gets their Snivy first! I have now hatched 800 eggs and can't wait for that moment when blue Snivy pops out to say hello. Sure is elusive! Well done to those who succeeded today and lets hope I can join you before the night is out!

Page 691 of 956 FirstFirst ... 591641681687688689690691692693694695701741791 ... LastLast