Page 193 of 956 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 23887

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

I thought the odds were now 2/8192 for REing because of the double battles you can get into in the tall grass?
        Spoiler:- See my gen 5 shinies!:

Hunting:
    <---SHINE CURSE YOU!

13 boxes of Zorua... time to do some cleaning.

Btw, the father, which was a Lv. 1 Adamant Zorua as of 5pm today, is currently at lv. 60. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerrules View Post
    EVERYONE:

What is the one Pokemon you would kill to have shiny? Answer in quote!
    Legendary: Rayquaza
    Non-Legendary: Eevee

Quote Originally Posted by Kur0nue View Post
    I thought the odds were now 2/8192 for REing because of the double battles you can get into in the tall grass?
    No, the chance for a shiny in tall grass is 2/16384, or 1/8192. The odds doesn't actually change since they are calculated for each individual pokemon, thus it is possible for none of them to come up shiny, one of them to come up shiny, or for both of them to come up shiny, although the latter is really friggin' unlikely.
    Last edited by Krishnath; 24th March 2011 at 7:39 AM.
    To celebrate hatching a shiny Zorua I will be trading away the father: A level 71 japanese Zorua.

PM me a fair offer, and we can make a deal.

Don't offer me starters unless they are non-english or something really extraordinary.

Also up for trade: Level 69 Male Japanese Munna.

Quote Originally Posted by Confusious View Post
    13 boxes of Zorua... time to do some cleaning.

Btw, the father, which was a Lv. 1 Adamant Zorua as of 5pm today, is currently at lv. 60. Lmao.
    Lulz. I have a lvl 79 Petilil from when I got my Liligant.
    @Krishnath That would suck because you would have to choose which one you want. :/
    Last edited by Dasdardly; 24th March 2011 at 7:42 AM.
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dasdardly View Post
    Lulz. I have a lvl 79 Petilil from when I got my Liligant.
    @Krishnath That would suck because you would have to choose which one you want. :/
    Yeah, but the chances of two shinies showing up at once is like 1/67108864. Which is very friggin unlikely.
    To celebrate hatching a shiny Zorua I will be trading away the father: A level 71 japanese Zorua.

Don't offer me starters unless they are non-english or something really extraordinary.

EVERYONE:

What is the one Pokemon you would kill to have shiny? Answer in quote!
    Reshiram... ;__;

I'm now at 960 Panpour eggs hatched. Come to me, my aqua coloured monkey.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

Quote Originally Posted by Krishnath View Post
    Turning off the DS will give you a new seed when you start your game again. This can be good or bad as it either makes it easier for you to get a shiny, or it will take longer, but since you have no way of knowing, don't sweat it. I turn off my DS when I am done playing for the day (or if I have stuff to do that may take a while), and I managed to hatch a shiny Zorua in 321 eggs.

As for your second question. No, not really. For MMing you have a 6/8192 chance for each individual egg, while with REing, you have a 1/8192 for each individual encounter, regardless of what you do, the odds never change.
    Oh ok thanks ! Around 250 eggs hatched now

Just starting to MM for a Deino/Breed for a Subway Deino. I'm pretty lucky, I got a Naive Deino already just for my Dex, and the Japanese Ditto I got happens to have a 29 Speed IV. Considering Deino is one of my favorite shinies and Hydregion will be on my Subway team, I think this a very good omen.

This is my first time breeding more than one of anything in B/W, so how do you guys hatch? Do you keep Fly on your hatching Pokemon so you can go to Skyarrow when your eggs are full? Do you return for another egg after every hatch, or only when most/all are hatched?

Just started MMing a Zorua for the first time yesterday.. I'm at 158 eggs at the moment lol.

Any shineys will do for me!!
    GEEK GIRL

Small question about the MM method. If I have say a Japanese Beldum breeding with an english ditto, that should be fine; right?
    James
    FC 4771 1307 9049 WHITE
    Playing Jap White 2 EXCITED

Time
    I operate under NZST (UTC+12). The times of which I am available are generally 9A.M - 1:30A.M.

Currently
    Hibernating. Training and playing White 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KalenArleth View Post
    Small question about the MM method. If I have say a Japanese Beldum breeding with an english ditto, that should be fine; right?
    yes, as long as they're from two different language versions

Quote Originally Posted by Zophar View Post
    yes, as long as they're from two different language versions
    Awesome!

Started breeding for a shiny Beldum It's a shame they take so long to hatch.
    James
    FC 4771 1307 9049 WHITE
    Playing Jap White 2 EXCITED

Time
    I operate under NZST (UTC+12). The times of which I am available are generally 9A.M - 1:30A.M.

Currently
    Hibernating. Training and playing White 2.

^ make sure you have a Pokemon with Flame Body ability to speed it up. I use Litwick, but Larvesta is probably the best choice since you can use Fly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KalenArleth View Post
    Awesome!

Started breeding for a shiny Beldum It's a shame they take so long to hatch.
    Get a pokemon with flame body or magma armor. It will make the hatching go a lot faster.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

Quote Originally Posted by TehBrawlGuy~ View Post
    This is my first time breeding more than one of anything in B/W, so how do you guys hatch? Do you keep Fly on your hatching Pokemon so you can go to Skyarrow when your eggs are full? Do you return for another egg after every hatch, or only when most/all are hatched?
    I just ride my Bike up and down Route 3 it doesn't have to many obstacles to worry about.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Well i got a shiny Yamask last night! Nice purple and silver gleam. I have a taste for it now i wanna get more! I thought it was a really cool shiny that i havnt seen many on the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    I just ride my Bike up and down Route 3 it doesn't have to many obstacles to worry about.
    I do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TehJimbo View Post
    Well i got a shiny Yamask last night! Nice purple and silver gleam. I have a taste for it now i wanna get more! I thought it was a really cool shiny that i havnt seen many on the site!
    Congratulations. I suggest you try your hand at MMing, the odds are better, and you can control what pokemon you get as a shiny (it doesn't work with legendaries, well, except Phione).

Quote Originally Posted by Krishnath View Post
    I do the same.

Congratulations. I suggest you try your hand at MMing, the odds are better, and you can control what pokemon you get as a shiny (it doesn't work with legendaries, well, except Phione).

Its just trying to get my hands on a pesky Jap Ditto! Need to sort out my router because i dont have WEP currently so cant connect to it!

Its just trying to get my hands on a pesky Jap Ditto! Need to sort out my router because i dont have WEP currently so cant connect to it!
    If you have a DSi or DSi XL you can connect with WPA.
    My Pokécheck
    Flying Type Friend Safari: Hoothoot, Farfetch, and Hawlucha. FC: 0344 9445 4037 PM me to add

I only have a lite sadly enough Im just going to go into my router settings later and sort it out. Would be nice to be able to connect at home and trade with some of you guys when i get underway!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Legit View Post
    About 70 eggs in on my litwick mm...
    >.>

Starting to get tired, but shiny litwick is so worth it O_O
    dont feel bad i got 180 in and i got sick of it next thing you know someone pms me atrade with one just look in the treade forums, i think phetty has one

I was lucky enough to find a Japanese Ditto over the GTS, the guy only wanted any Ditto for it. Maybe he's MMing too.

Quote Originally Posted by TehBrawlGuy~ View Post
    I was lucky enough to find a Japanese Ditto over the GTS, the guy only wanted any Ditto for it. Maybe he's MMing too.
    Quite possibly.

240 eggs into my shiny munna hunt, I shall try to hit 330 today. But tomorrow, the 3DS is released, so yeah, tomorrow I start transfering 4th gen pokemon to White.

Well last night i go a couple of more shinies off the gts including INfernape, Milotic, and Mismagius. I swear every time i pick a random pokemon to find there is a shiny up for grabs and I sometimes am lucky enough to get them XD
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Page 193 of 956 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast