Thread: Golly gee, it's a 5th Gen RMT!

Default Golly gee, it's a 5th Gen RMT!

Okay, so, I've changed this team a little and it works pretty well on PO. But I still have quite a few weaknesses and I'd like to iron them out. Thanks for reading.

Sableye @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Mischievous Heart
    Brave - 252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 Def
    - Taunt
    - Metal Burst
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Will-o-wisp

Ultimate anti-setup lead. Can start off with taunt, then Metal Burst anything done to him back for some crazy damage. Totally immune to a lot of common lead abilities such as Fake Out, Extreme Speed, Explosion, Mach Punch etc. Sableye can come into the battle at any point to mess with physical threats with Will-o-wisp, not to mention it can mess a lot of setups up with Taunt. If the need for a revenge kill arises, he can take out a weakened enemy with a semipowerful Shadow Sneak.

Pretty much everything will OHKO him, so there isn't any need for Def EV's with Focus Sash. The health EVs are to benefit Metal Burst and the attack is only there for SS.

Donphan @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Impish - 120 Atk/252 Def/136 HP
    -Rapid Spin
    -Stealth Rock
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake

Donphan servers as the team's spinner. With over 350 Def and HP as well as sturdy, he can be a bit of a tank. Ice Shard is capable of taking around half of Salamance, Garchomp and Dragonite's health off in one hit. With Sturdy it can survive at least one hit from them and finish them off with another Ice Shard. EQ does decent STAB damage and Rapid Spin makes sure Urugamosu doesn't get absolutely obliterated by Stealth Rocks, which Donphan can also set up when predicting a switch in.

Roopushin @ Leftovers(?)
    Trait: Iron Fist
    Adamant - 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Sp.Def.
    -Focus Punch
    -Substitute
    -Mach Punch
    -Payback

SubPuncher Roopushin, much like Ethan's, except using Iron Fist instead of Encourage. As expected, you lay down a substitute and Focus Punch (140 Base Attack + Iron Fist +STAB), essentially everything should be OHKO bar things like Ghosts. In the event that Focus Punch does not kill the target, a quick Mach Punch is guarenteed to finish it off. Payback is my answer to ghosts, considering how slow Roopushin is.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regeneration
    Bold - 252 Def/252 HP/4 Sp.Def.
    -Boiling Water
    -Calm Mind
    -Psycho Shock
    -Slack Off

Not too much to say here. With Boiling Water, Slowbro has a lot of chances to set up with Calm Mind. Psycho Shock will quickly take care of any special walls (considering it uses Sp. Atk, but strikes at their regular defence). Due to Regeneration and Slack off, Slowbro also makes a crazy wall, getting healed every time he switches in. This thing has turned out to be a beastly wall and after a couple of CMs it tears most things up.

Urugamosu @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swarm
    Modest - 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Butterfly Dance
    -Heat Wave
    -Bug Buzz
    -HP: Ground

Your average Urugamosu sweeper. HP: Ground is for dealing with the likes of Heatran. After just one Butterfly Dance, this beast can do ungodly amounts of damage with two STAB life orb attacks (one of which likely to raise his Sp. Atk even further). Only problem I can see with this is it being somewhat of a glass cannon, especially with it's weakness to SR. This particular set has proven to be a very effective sweeper against pretty much everything but dragons, it's absolutely deadly after a BD.

Dusclops @ Evolution Stone
    Trait: Pressure
    Impish - 252 Def/252 HP
    - Thunderpunch
    - Pain Split
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

Dusclops with evo stone makes a pretty sturdy wall. Between it's retarded amount of defence and Pain Split, it can be fairly hard to take down and it makes a fantastic switch in for pretty much everything. Also spreads Toxic. Just trying something new here, so feel free to tear into this. It's been very hit and miss so far.

-

Alright. I'm willing to replace pretty much any member of the team and am totally open to criticism. Thank you. <3
    Last edited by Ademis; 11th February 2011 at 1:21 AM.

Sorry to bump this, but I think it's been long enough.

Fire Dance raises special attack, not Heat Wave

you may have trouble with Randorosu / Boruterosu as well as the grass/fighting legendary, none really get easy switchins but once they are in they can devastate; dropping one of your pokemon for Gliscor would most likely solve 2/3 of these weaknesses (Borutorosu is debeateable depending on whether or not it has HP Ice but it gives you a switchin).

pretty solid team though.

<-----

hey thats an awesome team, but whats with the 4 hp 4 spdef 4spe, is that your supposed remaining evs?
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by :wub:disc View Post
    Fire Dance raises special attack, not Heat Wave

you may have trouble with Randorosu / Boruterosu as well as the grass/fighting legendary, none really get easy switchins but once they are in they can devastate; dropping one of your pokemon for Gliscor would most likely solve 2/3 of these weaknesses (Borutorosu is debeateable depending on whether or not it has HP Ice but it gives you a switchin).

pretty solid team though.

Hey there. Thanks for the advice, I know about Fire Dance but I figured that with Bug Buzz and Butterfly Dance I wouldn't need another boost.

As for Gliscor, you think I should axe the Smuglord? Out of my whole team, it seems like a bit of a gamble with it's crappy coverage and weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ademis View Post
    Hey there. Thanks for the advice, I know about Fire Dance but I figured that with Bug Buzz and Butterfly Dance I wouldn't need another boost.

As for Gliscor, you think I should axe the Smuglord? Out of my whole team, it seems like a bit of a gamble with it's crappy coverage and weaknesses.
    Bug Buzz doesn't boost Special Attack, i figured you were confusing Heat Wave and Fire Dance but apparently not...

i love Jaroda (or at least i love using Ditto to copy people's Jarodas) and i'd most likely replace Roopushin as to me replacing a special sweeper with a bulky physical wall / attacker may mean your team gets walled a bit more but considering you have Urgamoth replacing Jaroda is probably a better choice
    Last edited by :wub:disc; 2nd October 2010 at 10:10 AM.
    <-----

That is a nice team, Im new to this forum but I created this account to help you. I noticed you have a good interest in Roopushin. Personally I would swap Mach Punch/Pay Back for Drain Punch(By Breeding) perhaps so you can re-apply Substitutes for your pokemon.

Please take this as light advice since Im new here and would also like to learn and share more with people here.

Also what does RMT stand for?

Bumping two months later.

Slowbro wants Ice Beam over CM. It gives your team a decent DD Salamence check as well as a move to hit Grass type switch-ins. CM is nice and all but in a metagame as fast-paced and hard hitting, you will hardly get any opportunities to abuse CM. I find Slowbro to work more effectively as a physical tank with long durability thanks to Regeneration and Slack Off.

TTar is very out of place on this team. SS is actually harming its team-mates more than it is helping. Sableye's sash is broken, Jaroda, Roobushin (who might get worn down way too quickly with Substitute), Urugamosu (SS + LO + SR is pretty suicidal) and Slowbro lose integral Leftovers recovery. Additionally, DD TTar is pretty bad in this metagame, where it can hardly ever set-up and is easily revenge killed.

You really need a Steel type somewhere on this team to absorb Dragon type attacks aimed at your team. This gen. bought an abundance of new Outrage and Draco Meteor users, which is why I think this issue cannot be ignored. I'm going to recommend replacing Urugamosu, which frankly isn't that good in the current metagame with Heatran, for the following reasons:

+ Gives your team a crucial Steel type
    + Acts as a decent check to Dragon types with the right moveset and intelligent switches.
    + Retains a Fire typing and Special attacker that Urugamosu previously provided to your team.
    + Provides something to set-up Stealth Rock, something, of course, very important your team lacked before this change.

Heatran @ Balloon
    Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Earthpower
    -Dragon Pulse
    -SR

As for a TTar replacement, a bulky CB Scizor is a replacement to try out, as it still checks CM and Trick Room Rankurusu, threatens the foe's team and gives you another Steel type. Consider a 76 HP / 230 Atk / 104 SpD EV spread, CB, Adamant, U-turn / Bullet Punch / Superpower / Pursuit

Sableye's set looks a bit odd but if it has been working for you, whatever keep it.

I'm sure there are other issues and things to suggest but it's a bit out of ideas, and it is a bit late here, so don't take my advice too seriously, but give them a test to see if they work. gl!

Bumping. Again. Team has been changed.