@ Life Orb
    Flame Body
    Timid
    252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    -Butterfly Dance
    -Fire Blast
    -Bug Buzz
    -UNKNOWN

I really want to take advantage of Urgamoth's Butterfly Dance, but his Special movepool is so shallow. If he got, say, Focus Blast, I would totally take it, but the only real options here seem to be Psychic or Fire Dance. Any other suggestions?
    Hidden Power Ground is probably the best you can get for a final moveslot. Fire types would wall it pretty badly if you went with anything else. Gyarados can also take any one of its moves so you could use HP Rock instead to hit him as well as hitting most Fire types. Fire Dance could be used over Fire Blast since after using it just once it become more powerful than Fire Blast I think. It needs all the power it can get if it wants to attempt to sweep, plus it has more reliable accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli
    The user above is me, a major sleazy wh0re!!

Quote Originally Posted by d0nut View Post
    Hidden Power Ground is probably the best you can get for a final moveslot. Fire types would wall it pretty badly if you went with anything else. Gyarados can also take any one of its moves so you could use HP Rock instead to hit him as well as hitting most Fire types. Fire Dance could be used over Fire Blast since after using it just once it become more powerful than Fire Blast I think. It needs all the power it can get if it wants to attempt to sweep, plus it has more reliable accuracy.
    What if, in theory, you didn't really have access to HPs? Like you were playing in-game?
    My Pokemon Black Team (Coming Spring 2011)
    Maru PyroTaüschenRaiAjagraCoatl

Gale is pretty much it. Morning Sun and Magnet Rise are both moderately usable. If you can keep Stealth Rocks away Wild Bolt can permanently dispose of Gyarados while doing SOMETHING to Heatran. If you're playing with Sun Solarbeam can work.

Besides that.. lol Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Gale is pretty much it. Morning Sun and Magnet Rise are both moderately usable. If you can keep Stealth Rocks away Wild Bolt can permanently dispose of Gyarados while doing SOMETHING to Heatran. If you're playing with Sun Solarbeam can work.

Besides that.. lol Psychic.
    This is so depressing. What could potentially be one of the best special sweepers in the game ... has one of the worst movepools ever.

It makes me wish Gengar had Nasty Plot ...
    My Pokemon Black Team (Coming Spring 2011)
    Maru PyroTaüschenRaiAjagraCoatl

@d0nut is right. Fire is weak to ground, so he wouldn't get walled. But in my case I used HP Fight. Because it was super-effective to Heatran.

On top of that, i post to try my new sig! -
    |
    V
        Spoiler:- Click or I will order you to dance with Justin Beiber:

(12:21:35) Udder Chaos: jb is gggggggaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!
    (12:21:45) Ray !: ^
    (12:21:48) GoreAndSuch: ^
    (12:21:51) adadadada: ^

I came up with the idea to make a Stall Milotic. It loves being asleep.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
    Nature: Calm
    - Aqua Ring
    - Rest
    - Toxic
    - Surf
    This set is built to stall the opponent for long times, with the abuse of healing. Aqua Ring usually sets up very well, and once it's up, it won't be stopped. When Milotic Rests, it's Def goes up by 50%, making it that much harder to KO. While it rests, the opponent is being eaten by Toxic. Surf is an attacking option when Milotic doesn't need to sleep. It abuses the Heal from Leftovers and Aqua Ring to recover 1/8 of it's HP a turn, which can be helpful while it rests, where it becomes even harder to kill, with Leftovers and Aqua Ring recovering what it almost doesn't lose at all.

The only problem with that Milotic is that its complete setup fodder....resttalk could work but yeah you have high defenses. Cool. But stuff, particularly steel types, such as Lucario, Scizor, Nattorei, and Emploeon laugh in this guy's face unfortunately :/

I could help you with your EVs if you explain what you're going for.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Pretty much maximum defensesive cababilities and the ability just to go for many turns a time. :/

But when I think, doesn't Freeze Rotom get STAB BoltBeam now?

Rotom @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Blizzard
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    Rotom-F is now an Electric / Ice type, which gives it a STAB BoltBeam. Thunderbolt has 142 Base Power, along with a 180 STAB Blizzard. Mixed in with Rotom's high Special Attack, and that can be very threatning. Shadow Ball handles Ghost Types, and Trick can cripple walls.
    Last edited by Sweep Freak; 10th October 2010 at 2:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep Freak View Post
    Pretty much maximum defensesive cababilities and the ability just to go for many turns a time. :/

But when I think, doesn't Freeze Rotom get STAB BoltBeam now?

Rotom @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    - Thunderbolt
    - Blizzard
    - Shadow Ball
    - Trick
    Rotom-F is now an Electric / Ice type, which gives it a STAB BoltBeam. Thunderbolt has 142 Base Power, along with a 180 STAB Blizzard. Mixed in with Rotom's high Special Attack, and that can be very threatning. Shadow Ball handles Ghost Types, and Trick can cripple walls.
    Pretty basic set. I got the Speed tier list from Gen V up and I really don't see anything that is worth outspeeding for Rotom. Blizzard's accuracy could be a huge problem for you, but Rotom has the added advantage now of being immune to Hail.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Exeggutor @Petaya Berry
    Ability:Harvest (Dream World)
    EVs: 252 Spe/252Spd/4Def
    Nature: Timid
    - Substitute
    - Synthesis
    - Energy Ball
    - HP Fire

I saw what Harvest did (The same berry can be reused infinitely within one battle. ) and just instantly thought of a SubBerry (or Lum) set. Basically, sub until berry activates, synthesis, sub again, berry activates. Repeat until +6 SpA. Sweep. Energy Ball for STAB and HP Ground for steel, poison and fire (mainly) and is alright against other types. My main concern is flyers though.

Thanks in advance

Doesn't the Petaya Berry work only once?

yes but with the new Harvest ability
    it works till infinity

Holy Sh*t.
    XD
    I just found that Fire Dance only works 50% of the time. So that means, Standard Urgamoth now uses Fire Blast. =(

I've got an idea for a sweeper that I may be using for a team later on. It's a Nasty Plot sweeper, and on top of that one of the greatest Nasty Plot sweepers to ever exist in OU.

Azelf@Life Orb
    Timid
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Psycho Shock
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot

Azelf with Nasty Plot always seemed to be a good aspect, considering it has always had a fast Base 115 Speed and a powerful Base 125 Special Attack, but now it has a new tool to fix its biggest problem back in 4th Generation: special walls. That tool is none other than Psycho Shock. In the past, a Nasty Plot sweeper would have to watch out for special walls ending its sweep, which is one reason why Infernape with Close Combat became a very popular Nasty Plot sweeper. Since Psycho Shock calculates using SpA and Def, Azelf can boost its SpA and then take out Blissey with a super powerful Psycho Shock. The other moves add to coverage. Due to Psycho Shock being calculated with the opponent's Def, physical walls tend to be able to take the attack fairly well. Skarmory, Nattorei, Forretress, and quite a few others resist Azelf's prime attack, but they are decimated by Flamethrower. Grass Knot is mostly for added coverage, but it allows me to take out many other physically defensive Pokemon, including Swampert, Hippowdon, and Tyranitar.

Any thoughts?

It looks perfect. After a single Nasty Plot, Azelf will OHKO blissey. Hooray!

That why psychic will use full again, thank psycho shock.

But at least I need some buff for my favorite pokemon...Alakazam...
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

Bear in mind JFreak that the original reason NP Azelf went down as not because of Blissey but because of Heatran. It walled most of its sets and became so popular that Nasty Plot Azelf eventually became outclassed by lead variants. If you can find away around Heatran, I say go for it.

And now for a personal little favorite Pokemon of mine, who got a HUGE improvement in Black and White in the form of Mischievous Heart. Sableye.

Sableye@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Mischievous Heart
    252 Hp/ 216 Def/ 40 Sp. Def
    ~Recover
    ~Will-o-Wisp
    ~Trickery/Sucker Punch/Payback
    ~Toxic/Taunt/Torment/Brick Break

Yup. This guy is a boss. With its new ability, it gets priority Will-o-Wisps AND Recovers. This allows him to come in on any physical threat, burn it, and recover as it switches out. The third slot is your STAB move. Trickery could allow you to dish out major hurt on the physical sweepers you'd likely be up against. The only issue with it is that if you were to use it on a burned foe it factors the burn into your attack. Sucker Punch is nice with priority, and Payback is listed because with its effect in play, it is the most powerful move listed. The last spot is pretty much filler.

The EVs try to maximize defensive potential, and while its stats may seem crappy, it can surivive a +1 Outrage from Ononokusu with Adamant Nature and 252 Attack EVs with a Life Orb. Pretty bulky with a burn up.

EDIT: Wanna clarify that the above calc is through a burn, but it gets priority on them.
    Last edited by fschulze47; 17th October 2010 at 4:08 AM.
    3DS Friend Code
    1950-8676-5817

Denchura @ Leftovers
    Ability:Tension
    Nature:Timid/ Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Rain Dance/ Electra Ball
    -Thunder/ Electra Ball
    -Bug Buzz
    -HP Water/ Electra Ball
    This set if for offensive is used to abuse STAB Thunder and weaken suppereffective hits on Denchura. Thunder is here for obvious reasons. Rain Dance is here if DW Politoed will not be on your team, or if Denchura is a stand alone sweeper, in which case you may want to consider Damp Rock. Electra Ball can be used to replace Rain Dance if you have DW Politoed and can abuse Denchura's somewhat high speed. Bug Buzz is secondary STAB and gets rid of Grass-types that otherwise give offensive rain teams problems. HP Water is here for supereffective damage on Fire-types and Ground-types which would otherwise only be hit for neutral damage, and supereffective STAB Earthquakes can be quite threatening considering Denchura's low Defence.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

^You may as well forget Electra Ball, Denchura's not really fast enough to do heavy damage with it anyways. And you could get Rain support from Politoed instead of using a moveslot for it. I personally think that Denchura's actually better off running a Life Orb or Choice set and utilizing Compoundeyes with Thunder/Bug Buzz/HP Ice/Energy Ball, and Substitute has also proven to be pretty useful.

Now another set from yours truly. I have been analyzing Charizard as a new special sweeper for Sun teams, and I've found that his downside is his speed. While it's good, it leaves him open for revenge killing from several threats, and so I have a set for a super fast and powerful Charizard Sun Sweeper.

Charizard@Life Orb
    Modest
    Solar Power
    EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Moves:
    -Nitro Charge
    -Fire Blast
    -Solarbeam
    -Dragon Pulse

The set is simple. Set up on the switch with Nitro Charge, and then hardly anything can outspeed you without some kind of boost as you will be hitting almost 450 Speed. A Life Orb, Solar Power, STAB, and Sun boosted Fire Blast is enormously powerful. Solarbeam and Dragon Pulse help with coverage, but they leave me open to Heatran. For those of you who may doubt the power of Charizard, here are a couple of calculations.

Modest 252SpA LO Charizard (Sun, Solar Power)
    Fire Blast vs. Bold 252/0 Blissey = 59.66%-70.31%
    Fire Blast vs. Bold 252/0 Evo Stone Chansey = 50.43%-59.38%
    Fire Blast vs. Bold 248/8 Gyarados = 69.97%-82.44% (53.85% OHKO after SR)

Kind of a short and random list, I know, but I just decided to take a couple defensive Pokemon that should be able to take a Fire Blast and see how it would do. So the old Special Wall of the Year gets cleanly 2HKO'd by Fire Blast, and the new champ gets barely 2HKO'd. Even defensive RestTalkGyara, who resists Fire Blast, can get OHKO'd by it after Stealth Rock. The only real complaints are the inability to run through Heatran. Any advice?
    Last edited by jesusfreak94; 20th October 2010 at 1:01 AM.

Shuckle
    item pending
    ability pending
    Impish nature
    [4 HP, 252 DEF, 252 SP DEF]
    attacking move
    Power Share
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Abagoura
    Item pending
    Ability Sturdy
    Naughty nature
    4 hp 252 attack 252 defense
    Aqua jet
    Shell break
    Ice beam
    Earthquake

My Main purpose for him is to be able to swap him in on any physical sweeper and now it can take the hit with minimum damage. I Would like ideas for attack changes items any advice will help thanks
    Last edited by BoomPow Pokemon; 7th November 2010 at 5:31 PM.
    Friend Code: 2665-6129-9190
    My Shinies:

First 5th gen Ev'd for me.

Shandera @Leftovers
    Modest
    Flame Body
    255 SpAtk 130 Def 125 SpDef
    -Shadow Ball
    -Substitute
    -Pain Split
    -Curse

Mostly a stall, however Normal types are a current problem for this Shandera and I was thinking of swapping Curse for Flamethrower or another Fire type move otherwise it's a bit of a gimmick.
    Jp Black FC: 3095 4963 7016
    Au White FC: 1678 4835 4799

I RNG shinies and flawless Pokemon. Deal with it.

I don't actualy have black or white yet but on paper this set looks good:

Alakazam (my favourite pokemon) @ life orb
    magic guard
    modest nature (+spatk -atk)
    252 spatk 252 spd 4 hp
    ~psychic
    ~shadow ball/calm mind
    ~focus blast
    ~Psycho shock

This set is fairly self explanatory, magic guard means no status damage, entry hazards or most importantly life orb recoil which is EPIC, Psychic is your standard STAB move, focus blast is for steel types, shadow ball is for coverage against all other psychic/ ghost special sweepers, calm mind is for more power and bulk and psyco shock is for blissey (the bane of every special sweeper's life) and lots of other special walls.
    I think this set will give alakazam the place he deserves in the OU tier and allow him to reign sumpreme as king of the special sweepers. Hopefully.

Edit:forgot to include EVs for some reason.
    Last edited by cheeselord; 26th November 2010 at 11:02 PM.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Spoiler:- Seeking Vivilions::

@fschulze47: Sorry, I meant to comment on your set a long time ago, it just slipped my mind XD. Anyways, Sableye is definitely a beast with M Heart. Best thing about this guy is that HE JUST WON'T DIE, I swear. Your set looks great, but for those last two moves I'd personally run Taunt/Night Shade. Trickery looks interesting, though. I'm not sure if burning the opponent will lower Trickery's power (since it technically lowers your opponent's Atk power), and if it does then it may not be very useful considering that Sableye loves passing out burns left and right. But if it doesn't, then that could be just what Sableye needs to further dominate physical sweepers.

@cheeselord: I love Alakazam too, and I honestly think that he's twice as good this Gen with Magic Guard and Psycho Shock. But the main problem with him is that he's so frail. Scarfed Pokemon are much more frequent this Gen, with all the new powerhouses running around, and you've still got priority attacks being throw around. I think Alakazam will absolutely dominate the lower tiers, but I'm afraid that all the new powerhouses, Scarfers, and priority moves will keep him at bay from OU.

And now another set. I've been looking back at old Pokemon with new abilities, and Slowbro really jumped out at me. He's a lot better now with Regeneration and Boiling Water, and with such high physical defense, I'm aiming for a Calm Mind set with him.

Slowbro
    Bold
    Regeneration
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
    Moves:
    -Calm Mind
    -Boiling Water
    -Psychic/Psycho Shock
    -Slack Off

Pretty basic, actually. With massive Def, and strong SpD once boosted by CM, Slowbro becomes a strong tank and Fighting counter. Boiling Water is a reliable STAB move, and can Burn opponents, making Slowbro all the harder to take out. Slack Off helps with survivability, as does Regeneration. The third move is giving me trouble. Psycho Shock is such a great new toy, but Psychic is slightly more powerful. Also, with Roobushin runnin around everywhere, Psychic is starting to be more and more used to take advantage of his low SpD.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jesusfreak94; 27th November 2010 at 6:12 PM.

Psycho Shock doesn't have much point because you'll beat Blissey anyways with Calm Mind and Slack Off. All it's needed for besides that are Calm Mind wars, which aren't too common. Definitely go with Psychic of the two.

Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast