Zuruzukin @Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
    Adamant
    Moxie/Shed Skin
    200Def 200Sp.Def 110Atk

Bulk Up
    Amnesia
    Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    Crunch/Zen Headbutt

I chose Bulk Up and Amnesia to increase defensive abilities so I can wall effectively, Hi Jump Kick or Drain Punch are both good in their own ways, Crunch would be for STAB and defense lowering, although Zen Headbutt would cover against fighting-types. What do you think?
    I'd definitely Pick Drain Punch since you're giving up ShedRest for Moxie and Amnesia and it's your best form of recovery. It'll be even more valuable after a few Bulk Ups and an Amnesia, since you'll be taking half as much damage from everything so the recovered HP will go twice as far (not to mention that you'll be doing more damage due to the attack boost supplied by Bulk Up). This guy isn't outspeeding much, so you might want STAB Payback in the last slot which is more powerful than Crunch (150 as compared to 120 after STAB is applied).

By the way, nobody has rated my Lead Mienshao on the previous page yet...

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

now, we have all seen t-tar all over the place. hes a dang good poke. but what about this as a lead in a sandstorm team:

Tyranitar @ leftovers
    Sandstream
    Brave (+Atk -Spe)
    252 Atk/252 HP/4Def or SpDef
    -Curse
    -Hone Claws/sleep talk
    -Revenge/stone edge
    -Rest

i don't know if you have all seen something exactly like this before but i haven't. Basically, he leads off a sandstorm team and gets sandstorm going with sandstream. Then laughs at you while you try and touch him. Just keep upping attack and defense (and accuracy if hone claws is added) wait em out, use rest. then either revenge kill those noobs or stone edge them for a 1HKO. if everything goes according to plan (like a water sweeper not being first in enemy team) you should be able to sweep entire team... i think...

Emboar @Leftovers
    Reckless
    Brave
    252Atk 200HP 58Sp.Def

Curse
    Body Slam/Substitute
    Gyro Ball
    Wild Charge/Substitute

I've found that Curse with Leftovers against physical attacks is nearly invincible, and it works well with Emboar's immense HP, so I can set up Substitute and stall with Curse, Gyro Ball fits nicely with this set, allowing for massive damage after building up attack with Curse, I always enjoy using Body Slam because of its good base power and chance of paralysis, and if I choose Wild Charge, I can abuse Reckless with leftovers and/or Substitute. Tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Zuruzukin @Leftovers/Sitrus Berry
    Adamant
    Moxie/Shed Skin
    200Def 200Sp.Def 110Atk

Bulk Up
    Amnesia
    Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
    Crunch/Zen Headbutt

I chose Bulk Up and Amnesia to increase defensive abilities so I can wall effectively, Hi Jump Kick or Drain Punch are both good in their own ways, Crunch would be for STAB and defense lowering, although Zen Headbutt would cover against fighting-types. What do you think?
    Although Moxie sounds enticing with the KO+1 thing and all, but it isn't really exploiting Zuruzikin all that well. It helps to run Shed Skin so you can cure off statuses that would inhibit your sweep, such as Burns or Poison. Amnesia is just really gimmicky, since you would waste time boosting a stat when you could be further boosting two other stats. So you might as well get rid of Amnesia and keep its Sp. Def. Also. You don't really need that many Attack EVs since Attack is boosted by Bulk Up. 56 Att should be sufficient. HP also needs to be maxed out, since its HP is at Base 65, which isn't all that great. After removing Amnesia, you can either run Rest or Taunt. Rest is greatly improved due to Shed Skin reducing your sleep time as well as completely replenishing your HP. Taunt allows you to stop incoming Pokemon from setting up on you. Drain Punch is also a way to go, for damage as well as quick recovery after 1-2 Bulk Ups. Zen Headbutt is largely unneccesary since Fighting hits Fighting neutrally, and you can survive a regular Close Combat with 1-2 Bulk Ups, depending what's using Close Combat. Payback is an interesting choice to run on Zuruzukin due to its slowness. It can take hits while it can also smack back with a 100 BP Payback with STAB, which equals 150 Base Power.

Quote Originally Posted by 161Pheonix161 View Post
    now, we have all seen t-tar all over the place. hes a dang good poke. but what about this as a lead in a sandstorm team:

Tyranitar @ leftovers
    Sandstream
    Brave (+Atk -Spe)
    252 Atk/252 HP/4Def or SpDef
    -Curse
    -Hone Claws/sleep talk
    -Revenge/stone edge
    -Rest

i don't know if you have all seen something exactly like this before but i haven't. Basically, he leads off a sandstorm team and gets sandstorm going with sandstream. Then laughs at you while you try and touch him. Just keep upping attack and defense (and accuracy if hone claws is added) wait em out, use rest. then either revenge kill those noobs or stone edge them for a 1HKO. if everything goes according to plan (like a water sweeper not being first in enemy team) you should be able to sweep entire team... i think...
    I'm just curious why would you be running Curse and Hone Claws on the same set. They both boost al least one same stat, so its one or the other. Two, this can't be considered a useful lead. It doesn't have either an Entry Hazard, a stopping move, or a hard hitting move. Plus, Restalk strategies are meant to be run as a partial defensive core, not a lead. If you are looking for a lead, a modified Jolly Scarftar would work. Crunch can be replaced with Stealth Rock or Taunt. Jolly ScarfTar can outspeed Base 115s, which is a significant thing. Stealth Rock is the general entry hazard thing. Taunt can stop opponents from setting up on you, buying you some time on the battlefield to either set up your own entry hazards or set up a sweep. Tyranitar can also come in later as a useful Revenge Killer, with Pursuit trapping to kill some huge Psychic and Ghost threats. If you are w wondering why get rid of Crunch rather than Pursuit. Pursuit is a good tool to revenge kill some nasty Ghost and Psychic types who can't hurt Tyranitar effectively and want to switch out. But Pursuit can easily kill those switching out due to Tyranitar's Base 134 Attack. This allows your Spinner Spin away Entry Hazards more easily.

Emboar @Leftovers
    Reckless
    Brave
    252Atk 200HP 58Sp.Def

Curse
    Body Slam/Substitute
    Gyro Ball
    Wild Charge/Substitute

I've found that Curse with Leftovers against physical attacks is nearly invincible, and it works well with Emboar's immense HP, so I can set up Substitute and stall with Curse, Gyro Ball fits nicely with this set, allowing for massive damage after building up attack with Curse, I always enjoy using Body Slam because of its good base power and chance of paralysis, and if I choose Wild Charge, I can abuse Reckless with leftovers and/or Substitute. Tell me what you think.
    First off, running Brave is just not beneficial to this set. You're better off running something like Impish or Careful. Anyway...
    Second off, Reckless isn't a released Dream World ability, keep that in mind...
    This set is just using the wrong moves entirely. Important note: you aren't running any STABs. Curse is a bad choice altogether. Emboar has access to Bulk Up, which is pretty much superior to Curse in that Emboar doesn't lower Speed. Also, Flare Blitz should be run over Body Slam, regardless. It is Emboar's main STAB with a high BP and a nasty recoil. There is also one unspoken rule of Pokemon: If you are running a Steel or Dragon attacking move, it must always be a STAB user. Basically speaking, Gyro Ball doesn't compliment with Emboar well. You could replace it with a Fighting move or Earthquake. You can run things such as Brick Break, Hammer Arm, or Ankle Sweep. However, they aren't all that great, since two of the moves have a low BP and one has a negative effect. Earthquake can be used since it provides the coverage and Base Power Emboar needs in exchange of its Fighting STAB. Wild Charge is good to keep, as it rounds out its coverage well, covering Flying-types and some Physical water types, such as Gyarados, though it's going to be hard to cope with an Intimidate. You could also run Will-O-Wisp so it can effectively cripple incoming Physical sweepers, such as the aforementioned Gyarados, Doryuuzu on the switch, Tyranitar, Metagross, etc.
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 29th January 2011 at 3:01 AM.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Cofagrigus @Leftovers
    Mummy
    Relaxed
    252Def 252Sp.Def 4HP

Curse
    Calm Mind
    Double Team/Protect/Substitute
    Grass Knot/Shadow Ball

I picked Curse to inflict major damage, but it can't be used in many situations because of the damage to Cofagrigus, Calm Mind to boost special stats, Double Team would boost evasion, Protect would be helpful in most situations, Substitute could be used before curse, Grass Knot has average power most of the time, Shadow Ball works for STAB, and to be able to KO quickly after 1-2 Calm Minds. What do you think?

Cofagrigus @Leftovers
    Mummy
    Relaxed
    252Def 252Sp.Def 4HP

Curse
    Calm Mind
    Double Team/Protect/Substitute
    Grass Knot/Shadow Ball

I picked Curse to inflict major damage, but it can't be used in many situations because of the damage to Cofagrigus, Calm Mind to boost special stats, Double Team would boost evasion, Protect would be helpful in most situations, Substitute could be used before curse, Grass Knot has average power most of the time, Shadow Ball works for STAB, and to be able to KO quickly after 1-2 Calm Minds. What do you think?
    First off, his HP should definitely be maxed, along with one of his defensive stats of your choosing (If SpDef, use Sassy) since his base HP is a tiny 58. Double Team is banned, protect has nothing to stall outside of curse, sub would not be very nice after a Curse. You might want to put something different altogether in this slot, maybe you could run both Grass Knot and Shadow Ball. Shadow ball gets good STAB, I think it'd be better, though Grass Knot would be better against Swampert.

btw, people STILL haven't critiqued my Kojo Lead >_<

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Quote Originally Posted by ASB View Post
    Anti-Lead/Scout

#620-Kojondo (Mienshao?)@Focus Sash
    Jolly (+SPE, - SATK)
    Regenerate
    222 SPE
    252 ATK
    44 HP
    Fake Out
    Taunt
    U-Turn
    High Jump Kick

Here he is, the beastly 5th Generation Anti-Lead, taken directly from my team (which not a single person has rated yet -_-). Fake Out breaks opponents' Focus Sash, plus it's just plain annoying. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting up entry hazards, stat boosts and/or screens. U-turn allows me to scout my opponent's next move, and switching out also heals 33% of my maximum HP thanks to Regeneration. High Jump Kick is there to hurt stuff, obviously. Jolly nature and 222 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed any pokemon with base 100 speed or lower, provided that it isn't scarfed and that its speed isn't boosted. Max out attack to hit hard, and throw the rest in HP just because you can. He's holding a Focus Sash in case the opponent decides to attack directly. If I use taunt on the second turn and the opponent was actually trying to attack him directly, he'll be able to U-turn out on the next turn (unless the opponent has a priority move. I'll know by this point whether or not they are faster than I am.)

A few questions: If Regeneration restores Mienshao/Kojondo to full HP, will Sash be able to take effect? Also, should I max out the Speed EVs to outspeed faster leads?
    Max speed. I forget what his base speed is, but I think its 105? Well maxing speed lets you outrun Garchomp and the sand genie while at worst speed tying with other Kojondo and Zoroark. Don't bother with HP EVs, his defenses are something like 65/60/60. Envying Azelf's defenses is a bad place to be. Otherwise the moveset is completely fine.

Yes, if you "Regenerate" back to full health Focus Sash will still activate, but its still a one time use item.

Why, thank you :]

I have a unique idea for a Denchura set.

Denchura@Life Orb
    Compoundeyes/Timid
    252 SpAtt/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Energy Ball/HP-Ice
    -Volt Change/Disable

This seems almost standard. Thunder is pretty much the major choice of STAB due to Compoundeyes. Bug Buzz is standard Bug move. Disable is now no longer gimmicky and now useful. Denchura has a bas 108 Spe, which is basically Infernape Speed. It can shut down threats before dying, which probably force a switch out.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Ok, I have this really cool set in Ubers and it works well on my team. Check it out:

Ariados @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Insominia
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk; -SAtk)
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Shadow Sneak
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Bug Bite
    Don't laugh. This set can deal with many common leads in Ubers, well mainly Darkrai cuz I ****ing hate it and its Dark Void. It works because of its suprise factor. So basically, Insominia prevents Darkrai's Dark Void, and it works really well since most of the people on Ubers doesn't know Ariados has this ability (some of them doesn't even know what an Ariados is lol), and hit it back with a Bug Bite. Deoxys-S is also owned by Bug Bite + Shadow Sneak, but it still can get a layer of Spikes or Stealth Rock up. In worst cases, Ariados can still get a layer of TSpikes up then die.
    I'm tired of signatures...

Has anyone tried HP Ice Kojondo/Mienshao yet? That's a cute set; you do have to sacrifice a lot of attack EVs to get the SpAtk needed to KO Glissy, but Mien's mainly used as a scout anyway.

[img]http://oi55.*******.com/1zpl1s8.jpg[/img]

Kojondo (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regeneration
    EVs: 40 HP / 236 SAtk / 232 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off

Your Atk and SpAtk are almost the same (1 more point in Attack) but Hi Jump Kick is favoured since they won't be on to you if you use this Mien as a lead. You need Glissy to have taken rocks damage to get the KO guaranteed here. Last move is filler; normally I'd say use Me First since Mien is perfect for this move but its main use, hitting dragons, is kinda redundant since you have HP Ice. Knock Off would be great if you can hit Glissy when he first switches to you, though of course you can use Stone Edge, Taunt or a screen or whatever if you like.

Sorry if it's already been posted, my current fad is sticking HP Ice on random things (like I used to stick HP Fire on random things before I realized Ferry was overrated).
    Quote Originally Posted by totaldude54
    Isn't Pokerus an STD?

Lead Swampert @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: +150hp / +252 Atk / +100 Sp.Def
    Nature:Adament
    - Hammer Arm
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall

My most trusted lead, been "Swamping" the competition sense the third generation. Stealth Rocks first then chip away at the other lead scouting for important information. Sp.Def boost helps it survive some neutral attacks aimed his way (physic to be exact carried by the ever so common Azelf lead). Love this guy...

What do you guys think of the moves and of the nice addition to the Sp.Def? Also the removal of the standard Mix Attacker and going full Atk?
    The Bros!

The Bros!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekul the Sarcastic View Post
    Has anyone tried HP Ice Kojondo/Mienshao yet? That's a cute set; you do have to sacrifice a lot of attack EVs to get the SpAtk needed to KO Glissy, but Mien's mainly used as a scout anyway.

[img]http://oi55.*******.com/1zpl1s8.jpg[/img]

Kojondo (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regeneration
    EVs: 40 HP / 236 SAtk / 232 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Knock Off

Your Atk and SpAtk are almost the same (1 more point in Attack) but Hi Jump Kick is favoured since they won't be on to you if you use this Mien as a lead. You need Glissy to have taken rocks damage to get the KO guaranteed here. Last move is filler; normally I'd say use Me First since Mien is perfect for this move but its main use, hitting dragons, is kinda redundant since you have HP Ice. Knock Off would be great if you can hit Glissy when he first switches to you, though of course you can use Stone Edge, Taunt or a screen or whatever if you like.

Sorry if it's already been posted, my current fad is sticking HP Ice on random things (like I used to stick HP Fire on random things before I realized Ferry was overrated).
    You don't need anywhere near that much special attack to OHKO Gliscor, all you need is 112 Evs and you don't even need SR for the KO. Also I don't really see the point of knocking off Gliscor's Toxic Orb if you can just kill it with HP Ice? Regardless I'm sure this works pretty well at luring in Gliscor for the KO and doesn't really detract from Mienshao much since it's movepool isn't great anyways.

Actually now that I look at Mienshao's movepool, have you considered Grass Knot for the last slot? You're already running a bit of special attacks Evs for HP Ice anyways, and it helps muscle through Hippowdon and especially Jellicent (it's not doing tons of damage to the latter or anything, but it's still a solid 3HKO).

Checking my calcs I think I forgot to include the Life Orb boost x_x Thanks for catching that.

Grass Knot seems like it would be nice; haven't seen too many Hippowdon or Perts but it's *probably* more useful than Knock Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by totaldude54
    Isn't Pokerus an STD?

Priorty Lucario
    Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Rash
    252ATK 252SPATK 4DEF

Bullet Punch
    Extremespeed
    Vacuum Wave
    Swords Dance

Swords dance to boost already high Atk for amazing sweeping capabilities. Priorty always attacks first. Send out whenever i want in battle. Sweeps well, I took this off my friend who always bet me with this Lucario

Plz Rate

Click this link and sign up to the website to start winning things, from game vochers to ebay/amazon and sometimes consoles.

I have won 4 Ł5 amazon vouchers just by completing surveys and accumalating points which can be exchanged for prizes. Please click this link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/legitscopez360?feature=mhee

Visit me and my mates Youtube channel. Please it would help us alot more thank you think. Like/Favourite our videos and subscribe

Which would be a better Stealth-Rock+Sandstorm Setup?

Support-Tar

Tyranitar@Leftovers.
    Jolly?Brave?/SandStream
    252HP/252Atk/4SpA?
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Fire Punch? Fire Blast?
    ~ Dragon Tail/Stone Edge

OR

Hippo-Phys.Wall
    Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Impish?/SandStream
    252HP/252Def/4Atk
    ~Earthquake
    ~Slack Off
    ~Ice Fang
    ~Stealth Rock

I REALLY want SandStorm off at turn one, but I can't Taunt their Stealth Rocks, so I'd have to have my spinner ready.

Hippowdon is not really reliable. He's bulky and has a restore move, but he's slow and unreliable. Tyranitar I think has much more potential as a Choice Pokemon, but I NEED something to set off SandStorm (And hopefully SR) on turn one.

Please rate them, and tell me which you think is better...
    Last edited by Monochromatic; 8th February 2011 at 3:22 AM.

Default Anything to be done with an Umbreon in Generation V?

I'm trying to work out if there's a way of salvaging an Umbreon I've already levelled and EV trained.

Umbreon @ Chople Berry
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/156 Sp.Def
    Nature: Sassy
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Moonlight
    - Toxic/Taunt/Torment/Confuse Ray (not at all sure about the last move.)

This Umbreon is the annoyer for an Eeveelution team I've started building in my Soul Silver game, planning to trade over to Pokemon Black when I get it. My original plan was to have her use Baton Pass + Mean Look, but obviously that's right out if I import her into Generation V. Wondering if it would be better to get rid of Baton Pass altogether and run Moonlight/Toxic/Taunt and Torment or Confuse Ray.

Is there anything to be done here, or do I have to start over with an Eevee that has Wish or Curse as an egg move? The rest of the team consists of all the other Eeveelutions, sans Glaceon. The Vaporeon already has Baton Pass and Wish.

Dusknoir @Leftovers
    Pressure
    Relaxed
    EVs: 252Def, 252Sp.Def, 4HP

Curse
    Pain Split
    Attract
    Flash/Hex

I picked Curse because I like the condition it inflicts, Pain Split will work well with Dusknoir's low base HP after using Curse, Attract buys Dusknoir some time to heal or use Flash, but I will pick Hex instead of Flash if it gets a power boost from the conditions inflicted by Curse or Attract.

I thought of a few pokemon sets.

Ninjask @Brightpowder
    Adamant
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 252Spd, 252Atk, 4HP.

X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Dig
    Baton Pass

Dig has good coverage on Ninjask, Swords Dance works with Speed Boost and Baton Pass, X-Scissor for STAB.

Darmanitan @Life Orb
    Adamant
    Sheer Force
    EVs: 252Atk, 200HP, 156Spd

Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm
    Rock Slide

Fire Punch for STAB, Hammer Arm for Coverage, Earthquake and Rock Slide are filler moves.

Changes in bold.
    I thought of a few pokemon sets.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 252Spd, 252 HP / 4 Atk

X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Baton Pass

Dig has good coverage on Ninjask, Swords Dance works with Speed Boost and Baton Pass, X-Scissor for STAB. A Baton Passing like that is the best. First, Wtf is Brightpowder for? Use Lefties so you can increase your Subs number. Second, seriously? Dig? Lol change to Sub. And you don't need those Atk EVs.

Darmanitan @Life Orb
    Adamant
    Sheer Force
    EVs: 252Atk, 200HP, 156Spd

Flare Blitz
    U-turn
    Superpower
    Rock Slide

Fire Punch for STAB, Hammer Arm for Coverage, Earthquake and Rock Slide are filler moves. Flare Blitz for more power. U-turn to scout. Superpower is just better than Hammer Arm.
    I'm tired of signatures...

idk if this really belongs here but i didnt know where else it might go :S so sorry if its the wrong place

with evo stone would Dusclops have better defenses then Dusknoir? using the set below(but more EVs in att & less in SpD)

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    ~Pressure
    EVs 252 Hp,228 SpD,28 Att
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Ice Punch
    -Pain Split
    -Earthquake

Dusknoir is suppose to be like a wall pokemon and speads status with Will-o-Wisp.Ice Punch adds some more coverage and can hit dragons for some damage. Pain spilt is for recovering hp while dealing damage. Earthquake adds good coverage along side ice punch and it's one of the strongest attacks he can learn.

I know im using Dusknoir set but it would be the same with Dusclops besides the chages already mentioned
    Plat Name: Josh FC: 3523 - 9542 - 6594

I would use dusclops and the evo stone. your defenses would be amazing but there would be almost no point to those attacks because his attack would be so little try these
    Pain split
    Will-o-wisp
    Confusion ray
    Night shade
    And one last thing if it is going to be a dusclops make it so the EVs are maxed out on defense and special defense.
    Friend Code: 2665-6129-9190
    My Shinies:

All right I need some suggestion. (not a replacement for it)--->My attempt at an online OU team.

Zoroark/Zoroaaku @ Focus Sash (Questionable)
    Illusion (Erufuun)
    Modest
    6 HP/252 SPA / 252 SPE
    -Protect/Focus Blast(unsure which to choose)
    -Night Burst/Dark Pulse (Again unsure)
    -Grass Knot
    -Flamethrower

--- I'll explain how crazy this is and what I'm attempting:----

Starting off I'm running a Erufuun in my team to stall/annoy with (Sub/Seed/Taunt/U-Turn) Zoroark is my lead masquerading as Erufuun to draw out susceptible counters and catch people unaware.

To see what I'm meaning:

Erufuun Taunting will ruin most entry hazard/Sash leads, thus people will either attack with said lead (bad idea) or force switch to counter (good idea) which explains my first choice:

Protect, to keep the illusion I may want to keep this over FB (amazing coverage: Dents TTar then again Grass Knot 2HKO by calcs with max SPD)
    in case they don't switch out.

Now most people if running an obvious counter such as Espeon, or Xatu or counter Grass to prevent a "predicted" Sub-Seed will switch in something like Nattorei (Which can't survive a Flamethrower and won't be able to set up ) which any Grass types sent into force switch will end up dead basically. (Espeon the only counter to survive can survive a Night Burst which will give the Illusion away) HOWEVER, keep in mind if I Grass Knot first turn I raise my chance to KO Espeon (88% with max SPD Espeon of 1HKO) 20 damage which I calc.'d of Grass Knot on correct switch will do enough damage to cause a 1HKO. ---> Maintaining the illusion.

The best part is if I face a counter Erufuun (running max speed), Zoro can instantly KO it with Flamethrower thus removing it when it goes to Taunt.

----

Two problems however can be thought up:

-What happens when the Illusion is found out: (IE using a move other than Grass Knot):

Two possible outcomes: 1 Pokemon counter sent out is dead, and now a new counter to Zoro comes out to kill Zoro. I do some damage and die sending out or switch out to a more valuable defensive Pokemon)---> Meta with SR to set up.

@ the switch out:

I can play mind games throughout the match if I switch around my Pokemon just right. Leading to a good guessing game.

2nd problem: A fire Pokemon is sent in:

Not to big of a deal ---> Force switch, or I could just try to Focus Blast it and then switch. (Iffy with that accuracy and usefulness of Protect)

-----

So any help or suggestion to fix it in this dasterdly evil set up I'm attempting. (Don't change the plan or go "It won't work" I want to test it, I know I'll catch someone with these mind games.)

----

If this gets answered I may ask for some suggestion on a move/item for Metagross and one of my other Pokemon.
    If I seem like a jerk, at least know it's with good intention.
    "Man is nothing but a miserable pile of secrets." -Dracula SOTN

Use Substitute on that set. You will draw in grasses and Skarmory and you don't want to mis-predict and hit them with the wrong move (that and no one will think anythng is wrong with an Erufuun using Substitute). If I had to drop a move it would be Focus Blast since it doesn't hit too many leads hard and Grass Knot usually 2HKOs Tyranitar.

That's actually very promising, thank you for the overlooked suggestion. Especially because no matter what with Subs down I won't be getting Status-screwed, and if I think they aren't going to switch out I can just Grass Knot first turn to do some minor (or if they make a good-bad (in the case of it not being Erufuun) damage to the next out in case they have Espeon waiting.

Still can't decide on Dark Pulse/NB: 5 BP Vs. 95% ACC (and chance of lowering acc. on an opposing Pokemon that will be hit neutral by Zoro giving me a turn to switch hopefully.) Also anyone (my friends ) to attempt Shandera locking it will be in for a big surprise.

Also on that note like I mentioned:

I really can't decide what to do with Metagross:

Metagross @ ? (No idea)
    Clear Body
    Adamant (Might switch it out)
    HP 120/ATK 156/DF 96/SPD 138 (Might switch all DF EV to SPD to absorb more special hits instead)
    -Bullet Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -SR
    -Explosion (I know it has been nerfed any suggestions aside from SR are open)

--- This is basically one Tank on my team: Bullet Punch priority will finish off a decent amount of weakened Pokemon. Ice Punch to nullify anything that really just gets in my way/coverage, also helps with pesky Dragons switching in or just facing it regardless. SR, almost always will get a set up, it can survive quite a bit except of course the obvious weaknesses or most effective ways to bring it down.

Explosion is of course the last resort. With a high attack I'm probably going to put a dent if not outright kill my aggressor with me.

I do notice the problems with this set:
    -Walled by Steels too easily. Magnezone especially (pretty popular)

If such a case happens I'll switch --->If I am able. If not I'll set up and then start a small bulk fight. Although in MGZ case I'm better off after setting: Explosion then switch to hurry and get it out of my face. --->Due to Charge Beam and SPA raising.

Anyway again any suggestion would help.
    If I seem like a jerk, at least know it's with good intention.
    "Man is nothing but a miserable pile of secrets." -Dracula SOTN

Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast