Page 46 of 185 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Attract only works half the time, toxic would be much better.
    maybe,i will think about it

thanks for all the help
    Come hang out with me on xbox live, gamer tag: toawest1
    3DS Pokemon Y FC 4983-6283-5

whats a good trick room reuniclus set?

here ya go Floatzel

Reuniclus@Lefties or Life Orb
    Nature: Sassy
    EV's: 252 hp 252 sp attack

Moves:
    1. Trick Room
    2. Psyshock/Psychic
    3. Focus Blast
    4. Recover

--------------------------------------------------- Time for mah set

Accelgor@Focus Sash
    Ability: Sticky Hold
    Nature: Timid/Jolly
    EV’s: 252 hp 252 speed

Moves:
    1. Spikes
    2. Substitute
    3. Baton Pass
    4. Final Gambit

This is my lead for my 3 vs. 3 Wi-Fi team. Spikes is a great set up move. If I decide not to set up, I can baton pass a substitute to either scrafty or reuniclus. If I have enough spikes or just want to I can (hopefully) kamikaze and take out the opponent with final gambit. Focus sash get more turns to spike. Sticky hold keeps those meanies from stealin’ mah Focus Sash. The nature boosts speed, it doesn’t really matter which one I pick. The Ev’s help me get my attacks in faster and get better final gambits. I know I have a problem with taunt but that isn’t very popular on Wi-Fi. Waddaya think? I would appreciate it if I got a rate. Thanks!
    Last edited by Pichu47; 18th May 2011 at 8:38 PM.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

From my experience spikes isn't that good in 3v3 because there is less switching. 3v3 games also are much more fast pace and walls/support pokemon don't function that well because you meed all the offense you can get. For this reason I wouldn't use a suicide move on him, maybe a sweeper/baton passer set with bug buzz, gigadrain, agility and baton pass so you can set up on the first turn and endure a hit with your sash then sweep away untill you face something that walls you and the them BP away, metagross would be a good BP recipient because then he can carry on where accelgor left of with no need to set up. Plus accelgor can come in later and revenge kill someone.

Edit: since you are already isung scrafty and reuniclus then ignore what I said about metagross, either of those two will benefit from agility also.
    Last edited by cheeselord; 18th May 2011 at 8:54 PM.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

I faced a guy with a Smeargle that seemed pretty viable. Thinking about using it.

Smeargle@?
    ? Nature
    -Imprison
    -Transform
    -Block
    -?
    Originally posted by: R4GEKILL!!! No need for STAB. STAB is stupid.
    LULZ

"Yes, I will see you through the smoke and flames on the frontlines of war and I will stand my ground until the end, until we conquer them all."

Black:5286 2326 2599
    I rather adore music. I less than three it. <3

"Let's believe that if we all stand together, we're a force that could shake the whole world. For once I'm doing something right when we say, 'Woah, woah.'"

I'll battle anything as long as I've got Pokemon to put the team together.

The last move would be an attack so you don't get taunted. Lefties for the item amd jolly nature I presume.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Volbeat @ Item
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    - Tail Glow
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Bug Buzz

*Volbeat set. Prankster gets him up a Substitute, on which he can Tail Glow and Baton Pass onto something more powerful. Bug Buzz stops him from being Taunted by Whimsicott or Thundurus/ Tornadus.*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Leftovers? I can't think of another option.

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    even though I am having some technical difficulties (< lol its a pun!) with whimsicott I should get started on another team member

Haxorus @ choice band
    Adamant
    Mold Breaker
    252 atk/ 112 spd/146 hp
    Dragon claw
    Night slash
    Rock slide
    Aerial ace/poison jab/ bulldoze
    another choice set (Is it good to run 2 or more choice sets in a single team?) Adamant to make use of atk. Mold breaker because although rivalry is tempting its too risky.

Atk evs are obvious 112 speed to out run the ice cream thingy ( why should a giant dragon be afraid of ice cream?....) 146 hp to cover its defenses.

Dragon claw is for STAB night slash for musharna and cofagrigus. Rock slide so it can attack both opponents at the same time (with a chance of flinching!). Aerial ace can be used for its accuracy but I think there is an accuracy clause at the vgc so that would make it useless. poison jab to attempt to poison the foe seems too risky though and is completely blocked by ferrothorn. Buldoze to slowdown opponents who might outspeed me but this also seems risky because this is for a double battle I might hurt and slow down my teammate and I can't think of any levitating or flying pokemon that I could use on my team

I was also thinking of a life orb set for comparison
    Haxorus @ life orb
    Mold breaker
    Jolly
    252 atk/ 252 hp/ 4 spd (ugh 252/252/4 again -_-)
    Dragon Dance
    Protect
    Dragon claw
    Rock slide/ earthquake/ Bulldoze

This set allows me to boost my stats and use different moves. Jolly to give me a speed boost that lets me DD faster.I would use the same Ev spread as the choice but I feel it may need more HP for life orb.

Dragon dance to boost its attack. Protect because I hear the VGCs a serious and a (non choice) set without protect is threatened. Dragon claw for STAB. Rock slide to attack both but I'm reluctant to use earthquake and bulldoze for the same reason as stated above.

out of the two which seems better?
    ....I got ninja'd by another set again so i'm going to bump this
    Last edited by mario_fan; 18th May 2011 at 10:34 PM.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

The first set looks better but since he isn't that bulky use 252 speed and jolly to outrun some things.

Tropius@Sitrus Berry
    Jolly - Harvest
    84 HP/180 Atk/252 Spe
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Bullet Seed
    -Fly

SubSitrus set. Very easy to start setting up and sweep. Substitute, then Dragon Dance behind the sub. Even when the Sub breaks, the HP spread will activate Sitrus Berry, getting you back up to 3/4th health. Leaf Blade is illegal with Dragon Dance, so Bullet Seed is here instead. It's stronger than Razor Leaf on the second hit and is handy for SubBreaking. Fly is here as it's strongest Flying STAB and can come in handy in stalling PP.

The best strat here is to SubStall and use Dragon Dance when the opponent misses. Stuff like Fire Blast, Stone Edge, Confusion from Outrage, give Tropius an extra turn with his Sub to set up.

The legalities of getting Bullet Seed onto a Tropius are a little complicated. First, breed a Tropius (male) with Dragon Dance in Heart Gold or Soul Silver, which requires Chain Breeding. Then teach that Tropius Bullet Seed, then migrate to Black or White, then breed that Tropius with a female DW Tropius. The child should have Dragon Dance and Bullet Seed.

Lumineon@Eject Button
    Jolly - Swift Swim
    4 Atk/252 Sp.Def/252 Spe
    -Soak
    -Rain Dance
    -U Turn
    -Waterfall

I love using this thing. Soak to change an opponents type, or set up Rain Dance. The Eject Button is suppose to switch Lumineon out when she gets hit after using either move, in which case, you then send in your Swift Swim sweeper or an Electric or Grass type to KO the opponent who is now a Water Type. U Turn to switch in case they didn't attack and/or you want to preserve the Eject Button, and Waterfall for STAB. Under Rain, it can perform as an emergency clean up sweeper.

Sp.Def points help Lumineon survive almost every Special Attack and activate Eject Button. It might seem like a waste, but a pokemon is still useful if it's alive.

i know i have posted my scolipede moveset a couple of times, but now i want to comapere to a different idea.

Both of these baton passers would switch in to a Jellicent (which my team is built around). since jellicent has great spdef, i also want to give him good def. So...

Scolipede @Swarm
    Item- Focus Sash
    Nature- Jolly
    EVS 252 Spd 252 Atk 4 Def

Iron Defense
    Baton Pass
    Megahorn
    Toxic or Earthquake

OR

Accelgor @Hydration
    Item- Focus Sash
    Nature- Hasty
    EVS 252 Spd 252 SpAtk 4 SpDef

Acid Armor
    Baton Pass
    Bug Buzz
    Energy Ball
    Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/XmetagrossX?feature=mhee

Credit goes to Tyranitarquake

Haxorus @ life orb
    Mold breaker
    Jolly
    252 atk/ 4 hp/ 252 spd
    X-Scissor
    swords dance
    Dragon claw
    earthquake

ok will jolly or adamant be better?

i know this isn't on topic but need to make sure this is right,i have a ditto with 31 attack IVs and a axew with 31 speed IVs,if i give the ditto a power bracer and the axew a power lens will the baby have 31 speed and 31 attack IVs?
    Last edited by toawest1; 19th May 2011 at 3:16 AM.

Haxorus @ life orb
    Mold breaker
    Jolly
    252 atk/ 4 hp/ 252 spd
    X-Scissor
    swords dance
    Dragon claw
    earthquake

ok will jolly or adamant be better?

i know this isn't on topic but need to make sure this is right,i have a ditto with 31 attack IVs and a axew with 31 speed IVs,if i give the ditto a power bracer and the axew a power lens will the baby have 31 speed and 31 attack IVs?
    Jolly. And get Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Brick Break. Don't know about the IVs though sorry.

Anklet passes on Speed, not Lens. Other than that you're correct.

Run a Choice Band set. It's pretty much the only way to play Haxorus, since NOTHING that can kill Haxorus can switch in and anything that is bulky enough to kill Haxorus is too slow and gets 2HKOed after switching in. Outrage, Earthquake, Filler, Filler. Shadow Claw and Brick Break are the best in the last two slots, I think.

Adamant is better.

@Scolipede guy, Scolipede is more threatening and walls stuff so Scolipede.

@Lumineon, Lumineon's the fastest Soaker?
    Ignore, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post

@Lumineon, Lumineon's the fastest Soaker?

Basculin is, but he lacks U Turn and Swift Swim, which do make Lumineon the fastest Soak user in the game. Lumineon can provide a gimmicky but rewarding niche as this.

Personally I'd use Basculin because it can Soak before getting Ejected by base 95s. Also U-Turn is only useful if you are slower, otherwise your sweeper would take the hit and not Lumineon.
    Ignore, thanks.

You're right about U Turn, but even then, you can switch in a Sap Sipper or a Motor Drive/Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb before Lumineon takes the hit, bring in a pokemon, and activate the ability, all in one turn under Rain, potentially. And also, Basculin doesn't have the Sp.Def to survive hits like Lumineon can. Not many other pokemon can do what Lumineon can here.

Now, another set derived from my infinite wisdom.

Sneasel@Focus Sash
    Inner Focus - Jolly/Adamant
    252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    -Taunt
    -Counter
    -Low Kick
    -Ice Shard

Isn't he a beauty? I came up with it myself.

Works as an incredible Anti-Lead. Taunt shuts down slower leads. Counter is the beautiful thing about this set. With Inner Focus, and Sneasels low defenses, he can Counter Fake Outs dealing massive damage to leads if not KO them. Ice Shard is there in case they are also hanging on to Focus Sashes. Also maims Dragons late game if he's still alive. Low Kick is the move of choice, dealing HEAVY damage to stuff that switch in like Heatran, Hydreigon, Empoleon (seldom seen but I'm running out of examples), stuff like that.

I've had people raegquit against this guy so many times, it's not funny, but it is anyway. He just ruins stuff, so hilariously.

Well then it can't have Swift Swim...

Don't you mean Weavile? Sneasel's too slow to Taunt stuff. And also somewhat less powerful. I doubt the usefulness of it outside of Counter + Ice Shard, though. Anyway,

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Inner Focus (?)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Low Sweep / Counter
    - Ice Shard
    - Beat Up
    - Taunt

I'd use that. Low Sweep kills Scarfed anything slower tham Weavile, then you can finish them. Beat Up because you outspeed Gengar and can KO him with it, not to mention stuff like Azelf as well. Taunt for Slower leads, Ice Shar for anything with a Sash. Alternatively Counter over Low Sweep kills stuff like Tyranitar and anything that uses Physical moves.
    Ignore, thanks.

Weavile doesn't have Inner Focus. It changes to Pressure.

I'd use Weavile if it had it, but even then, I'd switch to Sneasel for the novelty, For the gimmick. For the fact that it works.

EDIT: Ironically, I name this guy 'Weeviul' when I use it on PO. So fun. C:
    Last edited by Black Murder Heavangelon; 19th May 2011 at 6:55 AM.

what would be a good move set for empoleon, and would it be better off using torrent or it's dream world ability, defiant. i don't want him to be a defensive Pokemon. either a physical attacker or a special attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    what would be a good move set for empoleon, and would it be better off using torrent or it's dream world ability, defiant. i don't want him to be a defensive Pokemon. either a physical attacker or a special attacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Gen's POTW
    Special Sweeper

- Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Agility
    Item Attached: Leftovers / Life Orb / Wisdom Glasses
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    10Char...?
    Ignore, thanks.

yeah empoleon sucks. i probably shouldn't use him

Cool

i have a plan

Swellow
    - Facade
    - Protect
    - whirlwind
    - Aerial ace
    Item Attached:flame Orb
    Trait:guts
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP 252 Speed / 252 Attack
    jolly Nature (+speed,-SAtk)

ok the first round use Protect,then the second round the flame orb will burn swellow making guts and Facade power up
    my swellow (if i did the math right)will have around 403 attack as well as its 383 speed(yes my swellow has 31 IVs in attack and speed)and with Facade power doubled and with STAB it should have 210 power(if i did the math right).
    and whirlwind is to get rid of steel,rock and ghosts types.
    Might replace Aerial ace,if you think i should suggest something

so what do you think

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    Well then it can't have Swift Swim...

Don't you mean Weavile? Sneasel's too slow to Taunt stuff. And also somewhat less powerful. I doubt the usefulness of it outside of Counter + Ice Shard, though. Anyway,

Weavile @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Inner Focus (?)
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Low Sweep / Counter
    - Ice Shard
    - Beat Up
    - Taunt

I'd use that. Low Sweep kills Scarfed anything slower tham Weavile, then you can finish them. Beat Up because you outspeed Gengar and can KO him with it, not to mention stuff like Azelf as well. Taunt for Slower leads, Ice Shar for anything with a Sash. Alternatively Counter over Low Sweep kills stuff like Tyranitar and anything that uses Physical moves.
    why Hasty Nature?there is no reason to lower his defense,a better nature would be jolly

Page 46 of 185 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast