Page 127 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Tri Attack or Hyper Voice...what? I honestly can't think of any situation where I'd want either of those moves on my Hydreigon. U-Turn is fine. It's one of the tools that Hydreigon has over its fellow Dragons, and it's invaluable as a momentum-gaining utility. I don't see why you're so hasty to get rid of it. :\

@Jonah the Great: I'd personally use Life Orb over Dragon Gem on that set. For one, Dragon Gem is a 1 time use, so two Life Orb attacks outweighs the benefits from the Dragon Gem. You also mentioned that it helps Draco Meteor to OHKO some Steel types, but you already have Flamethrower for that and Surf for Heatran, so you should be set against those.
    To be honest, the fact that it's timid.

And then i realized it was on every smogon thread, so i, after seeing your post, was like, oops.

""Quote:
    Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    Dragonite @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Multiscales
    EVs: 6hp /252SpAtk /252 SPD
    Nature: Jolly
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Draco Meotor
    - Surf.

This Dragonite set is to suprise people. No one ever espects a choice specs-nite. Hurricane is perfect accuricy, STAB plus a chance to confuse. Draco Meotor is used to revenge kill and second STAB. Thunder is rain is perfect accurcy plus a chance to paralyze. Surf is filler plus it gets boosted in the rain."

Maybe not the most effective way of running a Dragonite, but like you say, no one would expect it. Seems like a fun gimmick. Obviously you'd have to run it in rain, but if you can assure that, it looks viable enough. Nice set. "

Again: hurting in sun and dead in snow, but nice for rain. Should I mention that my Dnite has Ice Beam? I'm still developing it but one possible spread is 252SA/252SD/4Spe with Expert Belt. Should be able to wall and return yours. Though it is really nice to see another SA Dnite out there
    One of the Proud 25% that level up legally.

Claimed: Top Gun Anthem (March '09)
    Banette 30 Sept '11

Spoiler:- Brags:

Top 3,000 2012 International WiFi
    Spring 2012 SE US Regionals: 1-7 TCG, 2-6 VGC (warstory coming soon)
    Found the Collo Bonus Disc @ GS
    PGL: FLPokemom

Nice Dragonite set.
    This set can only function in rain though.
    Therefore it has to have a spinner and a weather-killer at its side.
    I would recommend Starmie and Dugtrio.
    Starmie has great SpAtk and Rapid Spin while Dugtrio can trap any weather lead except for Hippowdon.
    It doesn't have to counter Politoed since a opposing Politoed would only profit you.

Ok, revised to outspeed dugtrio and lot.

Jolteon@Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252 hp 252 speed
    Ability: Volt absorb

1. Wish
    2. Protect
    3. Thunderbolt
    4. Hidden Power (ice)

Yup! It's a jolteon with wish! Now you may think, "that's the stupidest thing i could ever think of." But, it can pass fairly large wishes, and more importantly, it heals half it's health. The ev's are meant to have big wishes. He also outspeeds max base 116's, and i pooled the rest into sp. attack. T-bolt and hp ice provide nice coverage. He can still pass wishes to things like gengar and he will heal about 75% of health.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
    Ability:Leaf Guard/Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 HP/ 121 Atk / 121 Def / 4 Spd
    - Toxic
    - Leaf Blade
    - Aerial Ace
    - Swords Dance

Leafeon has amazing defense as well as attack, Used as a lead. The purpose is to set up Toxic first so damage get done every turn. Leaf blade is its strongest attack as well as a higher chance of getting a critical hit. Aerial Ace helps cover Leaf Blade. Swords Dance raises Leafeon attack by two stages

Leafeon has been EV'd to have max HP to go with its defense. Attack and Defense are shared and the rest go in Speed.
    EEVEE FOREVER!!

Jessie: "Hmm.., ya know James, that kid looks like you."

James: "You think so? He looks pathetic."

Meowth: "That's what she means!"

BW TEAM:

Name: Auroz
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

^the better set. Meant to be bulky sweeper like you wanted.

Leafeon@Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    E'v's: 252 hp 252 atk
    Ability: Chloryphyl

-Swords dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -X-scissor
    -Return

Run this in sun and you're good to go.

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemom View Post
    ""Quote:
    Originally Posted by lucarioisawesome View Post
    Dragonite @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Multiscales
    EVs: 6hp /252SpAtk /252 SPD
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Draco Meotor
    - Surf.

This Dragonite set is to suprise people. No one ever espects a choice specs-nite. Hurricane is perfect accuricy, STAB plus a chance to confuse. Draco Meotor is used to revenge kill and second STAB. Thunder is rain is perfect accurcy plus a chance to paralyze. Surf is filler plus it gets boosted in the rain."

Maybe not the most effective way of running a Dragonite, but like you say, no one would expect it. Seems like a fun gimmick. Obviously you'd have to run it in rain, but if you can assure that, it looks viable enough. Nice set. "

Again: hurting in sun and dead in snow, but nice for rain. Should I mention that my Dnite has Ice Beam? I'm still developing it but one possible spread is 252SA/252SD/4Spe with Expert Belt. Should be able to wall and return yours. Though it is really nice to see another SA Dnite out there
    kudos for using special dragonite. on paper, alot of people laugh at it and complain "oh it's outclassed and blah blah blah. But he actually works in battle and catches your opponet off guard. ALot of your opponets waste time will o wisping and taunting thinking your doing the typical dragon dance set. Gives you a free turn to draco meteor them to death.
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Drain Punch / Mach Punch
    - Seed Bomb

Spore is never used unless I absolutely have to. For example I am up against a Swampert. For some reason everybody thinks I will just spore, so I just Seed Bomb and get a free KO. However, when I do use Spore, this is the usual sequence. Spore, Swords Dance, Drain Punch/Seed Bomb. Some may say that Breloom's 70 base speed is a bit lacking, however Mach Punch nullifies that weakness and it also is my back up plan against pokemon like DD Tyranitar.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    kudos for using special dragonite. on paper, alot of people laugh at it and complain "oh it's outclassed and blah blah blah. But he actually works in battle and catches your opponet off guard. ALot of your opponets waste time will o wisping and taunting thinking your doing the typical dragon dance set. Gives you a free turn to draco meteor them to death.
    yes it's good but why does he use a jolly nature? it's outclassed bla bla bla bla so use timid
    creds to mew

Spoiler:- ma sigga:

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Jet View Post
    yes it's good but why does he use a jolly nature? it's outclassed bla bla bla bla so use timid
    Oh yea, did he use jolly nature? (facepalm)

Use modest or timid "pokemom"
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Drain Punch / Mach Punch
    - Seed Bomb

Spore is never used unless I absolutely have to. For example I am up against a Swampert. For some reason everybody thinks I will just spore, so I just Seed Bomb and get a free KO. However, when I do use Spore, this is the usual sequence. Spore, Swords Dance, Drain Punch/Seed Bomb. Some may say that Breloom's 70 base speed is a bit lacking, however Mach Punch nullifies that weakness and it also is my back up plan against pokemon like DD Tyranitar.
    I think you should replace Spore with Substitute and run Drain Punch.
    Or maybe Focus Punch.

Gengar@blackglasses
    nat: jolly
    ability: levitate
    EVs: 252spd/252atk/4spdef
    moves:

taunt
    destiny bond
    sucker punch
    hypnosis/confuse ray
    "Feel the power of our aura!"
    "There are trainers who train and trainers who keep training. Which are you?"

Lucario @Life Orb
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 Spe/124 Atk/124 SpA/8 HP
    Nature: Naive
    -Me First
    -Nasty Plot
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitue
    Just little gimmick set that came into my mind. I was bored and decided to see what people think of this set. Just set-up 1 SD and 1 NP, then use Me First to copy the foes attack and use it before they do, and also with some extra power from using the move. Substitute for some protection for set up. Mostly I'd use it against Revenge Killers and some times sweepers.
    Last edited by pokemario24; 14th October 2011 at 2:28 AM.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

That wouldn't really work too well. Me first has no priority so unless you are faster it will fail. You could run agility and that might work.

Edited. changed the EVs and nature.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

Accelgor@Damp Rock
    Mild/Rash - Hydration
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Atk - 4 Spe (0 Def and 0 Sp.Def IV)
    -Rain Dance
    -Guard Split
    -Giga Drain
    -Bug Buzz

Hello persistent Rain support. Abuse Accelgor's gimmicky movepool and overwhelm your foes. Guard Split gets you bulk while weakening your opponents. Best used on something insanely tough like Ferrothorn or Bronzong. Rain Dance brings out the storm, and Hydration will take care of any status problems you get. This combined with Guard Split makes you nigh invulnerable. Giga Drain does the healing for you while doing damage while Bug Buzz is your STAB move.

This set is best used in Doubles where the Guard Split boost remains persistent.

Sawsbuck@Big Root
    Jolly/Careful - Sap Sipper
    252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 HP/252 HP - 176 Def - 80 Sp.Def
    -Aromatherapy
    -Horn Leech
    -Double-Edge
    -Jump Kick/Megahorn/Nature Power/Light Screen/Thunder Wave

Sawsbuck is hardly known for his ability to switch in and do some team support. But Sap Sipper and Aromatherapy make him surprisingly good at this. Either EV spread is ideal, but it depends on if you want offense or impunity to attacks. Aromatherapy cures your team of ailments, Horn Leech is the source of your HP recovery, boosted more so with Big Root, Double-Edge is the bang in your buck (lolpuns), and the last slot is mostly filler. Jump Kick for a Fighting move to hit with, Megahorn for Grass switch ins, Nature Power which gets you Earthquake in deserts and roads and Rock Slide in caves and mountains, last physical suggestion I swear. Then there's Light Screen for further support and Thunder Wave for annoyance.

And lastly, real mean use Spring Sawsbuck.

Garbodor@Black Sludge
    Stench -Adamant
    252 HP - 158 DEF - 100 ATK
    -Toxic Spikes/Swallow
    -Gunk Shot
    -Stockpile/Amnesia
    -Rock Blast (Get rid of Subs)

Unsure what to do with him...
    My 3DS/XY Friend Code: 4768-8678-8659

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

This guy is beast on Ubers. Water Spout is absolutely STAB, Thunder gets more Power on Rain, Ice Beam for coverage and Hydro Pump for another STAB
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

This guy is beast on Ubers. Water Spout is absolutely STAB, Thunder gets more Power on Rain, Ice Beam for coverage and Hydro Pump for another STAB
    Cough Cough *Cheap*

@ eviolite
    Ability sheer force
    evs 252 hp 252 def 4 atk
    nature impish
    Moves
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Swords Dance
    Crunch

Also ;87; @ leftovers
    Ability ice body
    evs 252 hp 252 sp def 4 sp atk
    nature calm
    moves stockpile
    aqua ring
    scald
    frost breath

Basically the best ice wall i could find. set up aqua ring the first turn and then stockpile. *Meant for a hail team* essentially it gets 1/4 of its hp back every turn

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Marowak sets anybody?

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

Heres two one support one sweeper
    Marowak@sitrus berry
    Nature impish
    EVS 252 hp 128 atk 128 def
    moves substitute bulldoze fling protect

Marowak @ Thick Club
    Nature adamant
    Evs 252 sp def 252 atk
    moves earthquake sing swords dance rock slide

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Throhlurk View Post
    Marowak sets anybody?
    Marowak@Thick Club
    Trait: Rock Head
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def
    Nature: Adamant (+Att, -SpAtt)
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge/Stone Edge
    -Fire Punch/Bone Rush/Thunderpunch

The best set for Marowak IMO, as it's the only viable set that can actually be used. Sets up a sub on Walls and attacks. Earthquake's is its main attack. Double Edge is for the high power abuse with no recoil while Stone Edge completes the QuakeEdge coverage. The last slot can be used depending on your team needs. Thunderpunch can decimate bulky waters, while Fire Punch can be used to hit Levitating Steel types or Steels that take neutral damage from EQ. Finally, Bone Rush can be used to break Substitutes from opposing Pokemon, like Jirachi and Toxicroak.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adamant / Brave
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Hp
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge / Payback

I can't decide if i should use payback or stone edge

As for a Dragon move for Haxorus, should I go with Dragon Claw or Double Chop?
    They do the same damage, the second being less accurate, but can break Subs, Sashes and Sturdy and can also OHKO after a Swords Dance or two. Since I don't like Outrage that much, I can't really decide.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post
    As for a Dragon move for Haxorus, should I go with Dragon Claw or Double Chop?
    They do the same damage, the second being less accurate, but can break Subs, Sashes and Sturdy and can also OHKO after a Swords Dance or two. Since I don't like Outrage that much, I can't really decide.
    I would reccomend dual chop. It breaks subs and sashes for the sacrifice of 10% accuracy but tbh, outrage choicerus is how he shines.
    Is a Jesus Freak and proud of it

Page 127 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast