Page 178 of 185 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Okay, this is the first Pokémon I've ever raised and trained for competition. Still getting the hang of it, so it'll probably suck.

Braviary

Item: Persim Berry
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Lonely
    EVs: I didn't count them, but I'm sure Speed is maxed out. The rest is divided between Def. and Sp. Def, focusing in Def.

Moveset:
    Thrash
    Superpower
    Shadow Claw
    Brave Bird

Basically, Thrash is its primary move. The Persim Berry gets rid of the confusion in case I need to use it again, but thanks to the STAB it gets it is almost a sure kill.
    Superpower is its secret weapon in case of emergency, and Shadow Claw can get rid of almost any Ghost type in two to three hits. Brave Bird is deadly thanks to the STAB, it's a OHKO 90% of the time. I focused on Speed with the EVs with a decent result, and thanks to Lonely nature it has a considerable attack boost. I spent the rest of the EVs in defense to make it up for the negative effect of Lonely nature, and a little bit in Sp. Def, because most Electric and Ice attacks are Special. I really don't know hot to build a team yet, but suggestions are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by QuestionClaw; 10th December 2012 at 4:23 AM.

Braviary should have max Atk and an Adamant/Jolly nature, to do some damage. SE hits will wear it down soon, with or without defence investment. Also Thrash isn't that good of a move. It's like an Outrage, but 2 types resist it and one is even immune, using you as set up fodder. Return is prolly your best Normal type move. U-Turn could be handy too. Leftovers, Life Orb or Choice Band/Scarf are better hold items IMO, or, if you want a berry, Lum Berry.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Thanks. I've been testing it and Shadow Claw can easily take down any ghost. The Psychics give me some trouble and they're able to hit me pretty hard, because it takes me more then two turns to get rid of them. Also, Thrash made OHKOs every time, except against a Miltank. Shadow Claw and Superpower can make serious damage to the types that resist it, so do you think I should really change it? Also, the defense is awesome. The only thing it can't stop is electric, because I can't SE them.

Oh no he's a Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionClaw View Post
    Okay, this is the first Pokémon I've ever raised and trained for competition. Still getting the hang of it, so it'll probably suck.

Braviary

Item: Persim Berry
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Lonely
    EVs: I didn't count them, but I'm sure Speed is maxed out. The rest is divided between Def. and Sp. Def, focusing in Def.

Moveset:
    Thrash
    Superpower
    Shadow Claw
    Brave Bird

Basically, Thrash is its primary move. The Persim Berry gets rid of the confusion in case I need to use it again, but thanks to the STAB it gets it is almost a sure kill.
    Superpower is its secret weapon in case of emergency, and Shadow Claw can get rid of almost any Ghost type in two to three hits. Brave Bird is deadly thanks to the STAB, it's a OHKO 90% of the time. I focused on Speed with the EVs with a decent result, and thanks to Lonely nature it has a considerable attack boost. I spent the rest of the EVs in defense to make it up for the negative effect of Lonely nature, and a little bit in Sp. Def, because most Electric and Ice attacks are Special. I really don't know hot to build a team yet, but suggestions are appreciated.
    Ooooh! Braviary! Looks nice! I'll be happy to rate this.... Also don't worry, this is your first Pokemon you raised for Competitive. Who knows? It may be Flawless or it could possibly be the best Braviary you've ever raised! (:

Anyway, since it has a Lonely Nature, I wouldn't recommend Thrash due to is being like Outrage and leaving you confused... And hits caused by confusion are Physical Attacks which could be very dangerous with low defense. 2 types resist it and one is immune, which leaves you as a set up fodder (SkyDriver really just explained that though.) Physical Super Effective hits such as Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Avalanche, Thunderpunch, Rollout, Ice Fang, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Thunder Fang, and Smack Down. Also moves such as Head Smash and Wild Charge will do massive damage to Braviary when fighting a Pokemon with Reckless or a Thundurus-Therian Forme...

Here's a Set I would suggest with the Lonely Nature:

Moves:

~ Return
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Rock Slide / Superpower
    ~ Shadow Claw

Held Item: Expert Belt / Lum Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb / Choice Band / Choice Scarf

Now, I will start by explaining the Moveset.

Return, this will deal a great amount of damage due to STAB and maximum happiness. The total amount of damage will be: 102(Return with Maximum Happiness.) + 50%(STAB) = 153 With the Life Orb, Return's base power will be: 102 + 50% + 30%(Life Orb Support) = 198.9 Though it will cost 10% of your HP each turn active in battle... With the Choice Band, Return's base power will be: 102 + 50% + 50%(Choice Band Support) = 229.5 Although, with the Choice Band you will be locked into using Return unless you withdraw Braviary from battle or faint. All-in-all, Return will due excellent damage with Braviary due to STAB!

U-turn, This is really only to be used for scouting. Such as when you need to switch out, you can use U-turn to deal some extra damage when switching out which will be effective on Psychic Pokemon such as Espeon and Alakazam. U-turn's base power with the Choice Band will be: 70(Normal U-turn base power) + 50%(Choice Band support) = 105 U-turn's base power with the Life Orb will be: 70 + 30%(Life Orb support) = 91 Though it will cost 10% of your HP each turn active in battle... Anyway, U-turn will make good coverage against those strong Dark and Psychic Pokemon!

Rock Slide will provide excellent coverage against Flying, Ice, Bug, and Fire Type Pokemon! It will also be great help when used with the Choice Band or Life Orb. Some Electric Type Pokemon also have low defense and this will help a little to defeat them. Rock Slide's base power with the Choice Band will be: 75(Normal Rock Slide base power) + 50%(Choice Band support) = 112.5 Although, with the Choice Band you will be locked into using Rock Slide unless you withdraw Braviary from battle or faint. Rock Slide's base power with the Life Orb will be: 75 + 30%(Life Orb support) = 97.5 Though it will cost 10% of your HP each turn active in battle... Anyway, this will provide great coverage against most Pokemon such as Volcarona, Regional Flying Types, Mandibuzz and Braviary, Togekiss etc. However, this does not ensure pure coverage against Electric Type Pokemon as there's always the possibility of Electric Pokemon like Lanturn.

Superpower would be good to use as a last resort on non-Ghost Pokemon because it has a HIGH base power of 120 but it will lower your Attack and Defense by one stage after used. So this must be used wisely... Superpower's base power (for one turn) with the Choice Band will be: 120(Normal Superpower base power.) + 50%(Choice Band support) = 180 Although, with the Choice Band you will be locked into using Superpower unless you withdraw Braviary from battle or faint. Superpower's baser power (for one turn) with the Life Orb will be: 120 + 30%(Life Orb support) = 156 Though it will cost 10% of your HP each turn active in battle... All-in-all this will provide an excellent last resort on non-Ghost Pokemon and will deal massive damage. I encourage you to use it wisely! n_n

And finally, Shadow Claw! This will provide good coverage on Ghost and Psychic Type Pokemon! Especially since most moves in Braviary's learnset cannot effect Ghost Pokemon really well... Shadow Claw's base power with the Choice Band will be: 70(Normal Shadow Claw base power) + 50%(Choice Band support) = 105 Although, with the Choice Band you will be locked into using Shadow Claw unless you withdraw Braviary from battle or faint. Shadow Claw's base power with the Life Orb will be: 70 + 30%(Life Orb support) = 91 Though it will cost 10% of your HP each turn active in battle...

Now onto Held Items:

The Expert Belt: The Expert Belt boosts super-effective moves by 20%. This will be slightly helpful... but I wouldn't really recommend it... If you plan to use Shadow Claw, U-turn, and Superpower/Rock Slide more than Return then this would be okay to have. (:

Lum Berry: This will be great help when battling Pokemon with Toxic, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Hypnosis, Lovely Kiss, or Sing because it alleviates a status problem. (It will not alleviate status problems such as Confusion or Infatuation.)

Leftovers: This will help to "increase" your time in battle due to getting healed 1/16 (rounded down) of your maximum HP after each turn. (Which is actually a good amount.)

Life Orb: This item is a very risky item to use, especially with a defense-hindering nature like Lonely due losing 10% of your current HP after each turn. But it will greatly boost the power of moves by 30%! Which can be really helpful when sweeping opponents.

Choice Band: This will be a great but risky item to use as well. As it does increase the selected move by 50% until you faint or withdraw from battle, but it will lock you into the move, leaving your opponent with the opportunity to switch to another Pokemon that the move your using is not effective against.

Choice Scarf: The same goes for the Choice Scarf as explained for the Choice Band although it increases Speed by 50%.

In my opinion, I would choose the Life Orb or Leftovers as my held item. And occasionally switch between them.

And finally, all you really need to watch out for are: Fast Electric, Ice, and Rock Type Pokemon such as Arcehops, Froslass, Jolteon, etc. Also watch out for Pokemon that use moves of those types like Infernape, Emboar, Togekiss, Rotom, various Water Type Pokemon, and Ground Type Pokemon. If you ever decide to raise another Braviary, I would suggest a Jolly or Adamant Nature with 252 EVs for Speed and Attack for a very nice sweeper!

Above all, this is a great set! I encourage you to use it greatly and proudly! I hope I helped! ^_^

Whoo! Finally! I just slapped a wall of text at you! XD Lol!
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 10th December 2012 at 1:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Wow, thanks for that extensive review! I already switched Thrash for Return, and since I don't need the Persim Berry anymore, I gave him a Choice Band. The result is the damage Thrash did in two turns, but in one turn and without the confusion.

U-Turn doesn't seem worth, at least for me. Maybe later, when I decide Braviary's role in the team. Also, do you really think I should sacrifice Brave Bird for Rock Slide? It does a lot of damage thanks to the STAB, and I don't know if I should sacrifice that to cover its weakness to ice.

Oh no he's a Homestuck.

You're welcome! Oh, and if you don't want U-turn, then I would definitely suggest Brave Bird. Also, I myself would suggest Rock Slide over Brave Bird due to recoil damage, but it's really your choice...

Brave Bird would be great coverage and cause massive damage!

Here's the base power math for Brave Bird with the Held Items we selected:

With Choice Band: 120(Normal Brave Bird damage) + 50%(STAB) + 50%(Choice Band Support) = 337.5

With Life Orb: 120 + 50% + 30%(Life Orb Support) = 234

With super-effective with Expert Belt: 120 + 50% + 20%(When doing super-effective damage) x2(Super-effective damage on a Bug, Grass, Fighting Type) = 432 (If x4 Super effective damage the base power will be: 864)

The occasional: Return, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide, and Brave Bird with the Life Orb/Choice Band might be a good set as well. But just use what works for you. ^_^

Good Luck with Braviary!
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 10th December 2012 at 4:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

You should really abuse Sheer Force with Life Orb as it would hit absurdly hard. Shadow Claw and Rock Slide with Return + BB is nice.

so because Braviary seems to be the topic of intrest and i love him as well ill show my version and hope it may help as well. Also since this is a defiant version it is different from the Sheer Force Braviary i usually run.

Ability:: Defiant
    Moves::
    Bulk up
    Super Power
    Brave Bird
    Roost

Item:: Life Orb
    Nature:: Careful
    EVs:: 252 Hp 252 SpD 4 Att

Now with this set i can get in a bulk up and still take hits, as well as heal any damage i had taken, then using BB as my main source of damage, Braviary can punch holes in anything, Super Power being it go to move for steel, rock, ice. Plus being boosted stat wise you will pretty much only every go back to base stats, and never negative.
    All Starters
        Spoiler:- Egg Move Pokemon:

Spoiler:- DW Females:

Spoiler:- Services:

Shinies::Butterfree, Ninetales, Lilligant

White Friend Code::4255-6169-8661

Heracross@Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Moxie
    20/Hp/232 Att/252 Spd
    -Substitute
    -Megahorn
    -Focus Punch/CloseCombat
    -StoneEdge/Rockslide

The idea is to abuse the amount of switches Heracross causes. Then I can launch a devastatingly powerful Focus Punch, as well as protect myself from status, as this is not a Guts variant. StoneEdge rounds off coverage when combined with Heracrosses excellent dual STAB's. Is this viable, as it seems to work well on Random Matchup. Also, should I drop FocusPunch for CC and StoneEdge for RockSlide? I wanted power over accuracy, as I'll be hiding behind a sub but misses can cost me the match...Thanks

Soon I'll have you, after years and years XD

Dragonite@Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant(+Atk -Sp.Atk)
    Ability:Multiscale
    EVs:Atk 252/HP 252/4 Sp.Def

-Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall
    -Fire Punch

The main role is to put a HUGE dent in the opponent's team and so far it works very well. Multiscale makes it able to survive a hit from most anything save mold breaker Haxsorus and dragon dance raises it's already high attack even higher and it's speed increase makes able to out speed most threats and outrage lets it OHKO most anything and put a dent in any steel type Fire Punch and Waterfall for coverage Lum Berry to protect it from paralysis or burn the only real problem is it's stealth rock weakness ruins multisacle. So anything I can improve on?
    Last edited by Ironfish; 23rd December 2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Steel is the type of science

I was recommended this Heatran set, but I'd like to know if anyone can test this one out for me? Or perhaps just tell me how effective this set would be? It's a Flame Charge Heatran.

Heatran@Air Balloon
    Flash Fire'
    Naive
    EVs 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    -Fire Blast
    -Flame Charge
    -HP Ice
    -Earth Power

When I was first told of this set, I thought it'd work pretty nice. Obviously, Flame Charge would be there to make Heatran more threatening by boosting its speed. Now that it can outspeed more things, it can begin to attack with a powerful STAB Fire Blast, HP Ice, and Earth Power.

So can anyone test this set? Is it effective? Or am I better off with just going for ScarfTran?

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    I was recommended this Heatran set, but I'd like to know if anyone can test this one out for me? Or perhaps just tell me how effective this set would be? It's a Flame Charge Heatran.

Heatran@Air Balloon
    Flash Fire'
    Naive
    EVs 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
    -Fire Blast
    -Flame Charge
    -HP Ice
    -Earth Power

When I was first told of this set, I thought it'd work pretty nice. Obviously, Flame Charge would be there to make Heatran more threatening by boosting its speed. Now that it can outspeed more things, it can begin to attack with a powerful STAB Fire Blast, HP Ice, and Earth Power.

So can anyone test this set? Is it effective? Or am I better off with just going for ScarfTran?
    I may test it for you, but if you want this set to truly be dangerous, you'll have to be able to fight the weather war.

Rain would cripple this set, but Sun would make it deadly. I also would go for a Modest or Timid nature. Sure, a little extra damage to Flame Charge is good, the point isn't as an attacking move, it's just for the speed boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    Dragonite@Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant(+Atk -Sp.Atk)
    Ability:Multiscale
    EVs:Atk 252/HP 252/4 Sp.Def

-Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Waterfall
    -Fire Punch

The main role is to put a HUGE dent in the opponent's team and so far it works very well. Multiscale makes it able to survive a hit from most anything save mold breaker Haxsorus and dragon dance raises it's already high attack even higher and it's speed increase makes able to out speed most threats and outrage lets it OHKO most anything and put a dent in any steel type Fire Punch and Waterfall for coverage Lum Berry to protect it from paralysis or burn the only real problem is it's stealth rock weakness ruins multisacle. So anything I can improve on?
    Extreme Speed or Earthquake could be used over Waterfall, unless there is a water weak pokemon you really need to hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    Heracross@Leftovers
    Ability: Moxie
    20/Hp/232 Att/252 Spd
    -Substitute
    -Megahorn
    -Focus Punch/CloseCombat
    -StoneEdge/Rockslide

The idea is to abuse the amount of switches Heracross causes. Then I can launch a devastatingly powerful Focus Punch, as well as protect myself from status, as this is not a Guts variant. StoneEdge rounds off coverage when combined with Heracrosses excellent dual STAB's. Is this viable, as it seems to work well on Random Matchup. Also, should I drop FocusPunch for CC and StoneEdge for RockSlide? I wanted power over accuracy, as I'll be hiding behind a sub but misses can cost me the match...Thanks
    If you want to lure out usual checks, Focus Punch. If you want to attempt a sweep, Close Combat.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 26th December 2012 at 8:20 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Extreme Speed or Earthquake could be used over Waterfall, unless there is a water weak pokemon you really need to hit.
    my team does not really have a water move so thats why I used it over earthquake and it's nice to be able to OHKO a rock/ground type fire/ground and fire/rock pokemon thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I may test it for you, but if you want this set to truly be dangerous, you'll have to be able to fight the weather war.

Rain would cripple this set, but Sun would make it deadly. I also would go for a Modest or Timid nature. Sure, a little extra damage to Flame Charge is good, the point isn't as an attacking move, it's just for the speed boost.Extreme Speed or Earthquake could be used over Waterfall, unless there is a water weak pokemon you really need to hit.If you want to lure out usual checks, Focus Punch. If you want to attempt a sweep, Close Combat.
    Thank you very much! I'd love to know how this set works out. I'm a beginner in competitive and have only actually done very few battles. While I do know about the abundance of weather teams out there at the moment, I'm not familiar on how to counter them. Thanks again ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    Thank you very much! I'd love to know how this set works out. I'm a beginner in competitive and have only actually done very few battles. While I do know about the abundance of weather teams out there at the moment, I'm not familiar on how to counter them. Thanks again ^^
    I tried it out in a team built around the weather war, and it was devastating. Sun boosted Fire Blast was about as powerful as it sounded in theory to me.

However, if you're new at this and aren't good with the weather war, I wouldn't suggest a sun team. Sun is at a natural disadvantage against Rain and Sand, since it has to rely off Ninetales. If you still want to use it, the entire point of a weather war is to take out your opposing weather inducer as quickly as possible, while making sure you weather inducer last the battle until your foe faints. I tend to like to use entry hazards, poison, or burns to cripple my opposing weather inducers and remove their longevity, and if you can set any one of these up on your opponent, your side of the weather war will have an advantage.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Got another one to rate!

Salamence: Choice Band
    Abilty: Moxie
    Nature: Jolly

-Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch/Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide
    -Crunch/Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide

Just Like dragonite to slaughter the opponent's pokemon as much as it can is it's mane purpose. It does not have to survive just knock the opponent's socks off with outrage to OHKO most anything that doesn't resist it and with moxie it's attack snowballs up making it un-beatable. So anything I can improve on?

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm currently breeding Magnemites and I'm wondering if this one is worth keeping:

Magnemite
    Modest
    Magnet Pull
    10-11/31/31/31/18-19/28-29
    Hidden Power Ice, Power 64

So, should I keep breeding Magnemite, or is this one worth keeping? The IV stat for HP is what bothers me the most, but the Hidden Power and how long this particular pokemon has been taking me to get is making me consider keeping this one . . .
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Who says Luvdisc is terrible? Well it is actually... Anyways, me and a few of my friends decided to put things like Luvdisc, Spinda, etc. in a hat, and choose one to wage a 1v1 tournament with. I got Luvdisc. **** my life.

Luvdisc @ Choice Specs
    Modest - Swift Swim
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Hydro Pump
    -Hidden Power (Grass)
    -Blizzard
    -Surf

So this is about the best I can do, Specs Hydro Pump spam. Hidden Power (Grass) will hopefully let me beat Phione and Castform-Rain, but if Ty uses Sun, I'm ****ed. The other two moves are really filler.

So, yeah, if there's any other options, I'm all ears...

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm currently breeding Magnemites and I'm wondering if this one is worth keeping:

Magnemite
    Modest
    Magnet Pull
    10-11/31/31/31/18-19/28-29
    Hidden Power Ice, Power 64

So, should I keep breeding Magnemite, or is this one worth keeping? The IV stat for HP is what bothers me the most, but the Hidden Power and how long this particular pokemon has been taking me to get is making me consider keeping this one . . .
    that's a keeper, try a special tank set

I could think of a set to try out though this is a personal set of mine.

Liepard (F)@Leftovers
    ATK: 252/Def: 124/SpD: 124/Spd: 8(Physical attacking team)|Def: 124/Sp.A: 252/SpD: 124/Spd: 8(Special attacking team)
    Adamant (for Physical attacking teams)/Modest (for Special attacking teams)
    Prankster

-Assist (This is where attacking comes in, though you have to be careful since you don't know which move will come up.)
    -Attract (Yep. This is where things can bet very sticky if anything happens. This forces an opponent to stay in or try to fight through this move and being paralyzed.)
    -Substitute (This is where defense comes up as despite how fragile it is a switch onto this can give a chance to stun and or attract the opposition.)
    -Thunder Wave (As we all know, not only slowing an opponent is good but the chance to make them stop in an attack is better!)

Depending on what your team has will depend on how many attacks this mon will have as this will clearly depend on your team's moves but it has made for interesting comebacks and wildcard moments to make a fighter wonder what next.

There's two to four Glaring weaknesses that one has to look out for.

Taunt attacks (which forces struggle to happen)
    Priority attackers (this is because Prankster is able to make this a +1 speed attacker, chances are you're going to run into mon that use Quick Attack, Extremespeed, and the like. If they can be slowed down then this Pokemon can be)
    Non-gendered Pokemon or same gendered Pokemon (when the fact there's a 50/50 chance of the Pokemon being the wrong gender is a pain enough as it is. A non gendered Pokemon will make it harder to work this mon's moves.)
    Ground Types (Thunder Wave is an Electric move. Ground types are immune to it as well as Pokemon with Limber. Enough said.)

I think I explained this Pokemon enough but if needed be I'll let others have this tried out.

Sure it's a gamble, but if you want to date lady luck, this set is right for you.

Cradily @ Leftovers
    Ability: Suctions Cups
    EVs: 156 Atk/252/100 Sp.Def
    - Recover
    - Stockpile
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Meant to be a mixed tank, usually sent out in the middle of the battle. When there is a pokemon that has no coverage on it, I switch it in and set up stockpile, max times if possible. I carry stockpile as apposed to barrier or amnesia because, as I mentioned earlier, it is a mixed tank. Stockpile raises both defenses, and I have not encountered problems using it yet, because 3 stage def. and sp.def. is a menace to any unprepared supporter. Recover is a great health recovery option because once I have enough defense boosted, it and leftovers will keep my health from getting below 25%. Earthquake is there to take care of steel types that wall my other move Rock Slide. Rockslide is good STAB move with a nice added effect of flinching on any slower opponents. This is a good set for walling any pokemon that aren't too bulky or are insanely strong, and can force switch-outs.

The EVs are mostly meant to give Cradily heavy defenses, while equalizing the def. and sp.def. The investment in Attack is so Cradily isn't helpless once it is done stockpiling, and can fend off weak attackers.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3268-2873-6362

Willing to trade (almost) any Unova Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyChandelure View Post
    Cradily @ Leftovers
    Ability: Suctions Cups
    EVs: 156 Atk/252/100 Sp.Def
    - Recover
    - Stockpile
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Meant to be a mixed tank, usually sent out in the middle of the battle. When there is a pokemon that has no coverage on it, I switch it in and set up stockpile, max times if possible. I carry stockpile as apposed to barrier or amnesia because, as I mentioned earlier, it is a mixed tank. Stockpile raises both defenses, and I have not encountered problems using it yet, because 3 stage def. and sp.def. is a menace to any unprepared supporter. Recover is a great health recovery option because once I have enough defense boosted, it and leftovers will keep my health from getting below 25%. Earthquake is there to take care of steel types that wall my other move Rock Slide. Rockslide is good STAB move with a nice added effect of flinching on any slower opponents. This is a good set for walling any pokemon that aren't too bulky or are insanely strong, and can force switch-outs.

The EVs are mostly meant to give Cradily heavy defenses, while equalizing the def. and sp.def. The investment in Attack is so Cradily isn't helpless once it is done stockpiling, and can fend off weak attackers.
    If you use it on a sand team then it raises it's sp.def to rival that of regice after one or two stockpiles and if you give it giga drain than that increases it's longevity giving it an offensive move that also resortes HP if your willing to keep it in battle then give it ingrain to give it a little bit more HP every turn

So Latios is always special, right? Nah. I've been running this set to surprising success, since everyone expects it to be a special set.

Latios @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Substitute

This is great, as Latios forces plenty of switches and gets plenty of opportunities to set up a Dragon Dance. After a DD or two, Earthquake and Dragon Claw become powerful weapons that hammer away at everything not named Skarmory. Substitute lets you set up on Blissey switchins. Not really as effective as, say, Haxorus or Salamence, but it's still fun and gets plenty of surprise KOs. Plus it's faster than any other dragon other than other Lati@s, since her pitiful base 80 Attack pretty much forces you to run a Speed neutral nature.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Dragonair @Eviolite
    252 HP / 100 Def/ 152 Sp. Def
    Nature Sassy
    Marvel Scale
    Dragon Tail
    Thunder wave
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Ok bear with me on this set but the idea here is to have a bulky pokemon which can take a hit and build up residue damage. The team which I'm building around it will also be inflicting other status moves and laying down entry hazards, now onto dragonair. I know it is inferior to dragonite on most sets but I think this the exception. So the plan is I switch dragonair into something that I know it will be able to survive and with the great defensive typing that is dragon this should be easily done. Depending on the situation I fire of rest straight away which activates marvel scale and the Eviolite item the defence is doubled and the special defence is increased to a bulky amount. I then fire of sleep talk to either paralyse the opponent which is useful or dragon tail which is the desired move as it forces a switch and builds up entry hazard damage. Lastly the reason for a speed reducing nature is because I will be using this on Hybrid trick room team so to can pull of a rest straight away, along with this thunder wave will be crippling speed and because of the priority dragon tail goes last anyway. Thank you for reading and tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosez66 View Post
    Dragonair @Eviolite
    252 HP / 100 Def/ 152 Sp. Def
    Nature Sassy
    Marvel Scale
    Dragon Tail
    Thunder wave
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

Ok bear with me on this set but the idea here is to have a bulky pokemon which can take a hit and build up residue damage. The team which I'm building around it will also be inflicting other status moves and laying down entry hazards, now onto dragonair. I know it is inferior to dragonite on most sets but I think this the exception. So the plan is I switch dragonair into something that I know it will be able to survive and with the great defensive typing that is dragon this should be easily done. Depending on the situation I fire of rest straight away which activates marvel scale and the Eviolite item the defence is doubled and the special defence is increased to a bulky amount. I then fire of sleep talk to either paralyse the opponent which is useful or dragon tail which is the desired move as it forces a switch and builds up entry hazard damage. Lastly the reason for a speed reducing nature is because I will be using this on Hybrid trick room team so to can pull of a rest straight away, along with this thunder wave will be crippling speed and because of the priority dragon tail goes last anyway. Thank you for reading and tell me what you think.
    Jut to point this out, Dragonite does basically the exact same thing, but with a higher HP stat and harder-hitting Dragon Tail

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 178 of 185 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast