Page 101 of 185 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

^this isn't the place to rate an entire team. If you want to do that go back one page to 5th gen rmt, then make a thread with your team.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Lol focus miss.

I would use timid (or naďve) because then you out speed starmie who would otherwise KO you and the latis who can OHKO if they have surf. Also I think that gets you past thunderus, he's base 115 right?
    Lati twins and the genies are base 110, Timid/Naive does beat Starmie (base 115).

I thought the lati's were base 115 as well... I know that gengar and espeon are both 115 so out speeding them is useful.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Gengar is 110, Starmie is 115, genies are 111, Lati@s are 110, Espeon is 110. 111-129 is a bit of a dead-zone in terms of Speed. It seems like if you have Speed that is higher than 109, you're either 110, 130, or an Accelgor/Deoxys.

---

This is based off of a set an NPC ran that almost swept my going-through-the-game team. It might be effective in UU or possibly even OU.

Lilligant @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Teeter Dance
    - Quiver Dance
    - Petal Dance
    - Hidden Power

I'm not sure what kind of Hidden Power would give you the most coverage, but this thing is scary when it gets set up. Lead off with Teeter Dance, and then set up Quiver Dance while your opponent is confused for as long as you can. You can then spam Petal Dance endlessly, and you can't ever confuse yourself when the move ends thanks to Own Tempo. Hidden Power would be for coverage, but I'm not sure what type would be best.
    Last edited by ChaosBlizzard; 3rd August 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas_Rocks! View Post
    I was wondering if this is a good set for my terrakion.

Terrakion@Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Atk/252Spd/4 HP
    -Swords Dance
    -EQ
    -Rock Slide
    -Sacred Sword

Standard swords dance sweeper. Swords Dance, obviously. Rock Slide for the flinch chance and being more accurate than Stone Edge. Sacred Sword for STAB. I like Sacred Sword over Close Combat because I don't like the defense drop after CC and that Sacred Sword will run at full power with reflect, acid armor, etc. EQ because its another strong physical move and i like the move.
    I posted this yesterday but there was a dragonite argument that overshadowed it. Can someone please tell me what i could do better? Or maybe tell me that its so powerful it hurts your eyes to see it?
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

Reuniclus@leftovers
    Nature:Calm
    EV's: 252 hp 252 sp. Def
    Ability:Magic guard

-Snatch
    -Thunder Wave
    -Recover
    -Psyshock

This is designed to be a lead. The opponent figures that I will use trick room and will taunt. I use snatch and taunt the opponent back. I can then wreak havoc by spreading thunder wave.

------------- Edit:

Bisharp@Dark Gem
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Defiant
    EV's: 252 Atk 252 hp 4 def

-Sucker punch
    -Swords dance
    -Taunt
    -Stealth rock

This poke is a revenge killer. He also provides useful support with stealth rock, and taunt to shut down walls. Swords dance powers up sucker punch.
    Last edited by Pichu47; 4th August 2011 at 4:24 AM.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Nice reunius idea. On bishop try brick break over stealth rock for some much needed coverage.

Also ^^ the terakion looks fine, no changes.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I posted this yesterday but there was a dragonite argument that overshadowed it. Can someone please tell me what i could do better? Or maybe tell me that its so powerful it hurts your eyes to see it?
    I use these moves instead:

- rock polish
    - swords dance
    - stone edge
    - close combat

this is better and more powerful if it successfully set up, but it's moves are in general more "risky" to use then yours. I guess it's a question of preference.
    White FC: 0046 2608 7843

With a Metagame full of Politoeds; Poliwrath dosent get close to the amount of attention that it should actually get, even though it has low base stats, if you use him properly, he can be a very big asset in battle.

One of the best Poliwrath sets is a SubPunch set.

move 1: Substitute
    move 2: Focus Punch
    move 3: Waterfall
    move 4: Bulk Up
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Water Absorb
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

Comments: This set works very nicely if you allow Wrath to get into a Sub and trigger of some Bulk Ups, then hitting hard with either STAB Waterfall or STAB Focus Punch.
    Also, with Lefties, you are able to refresh HP you lost when subbing in, which is nice because you will want enough power to sub again if the Sub fades out.
    So all in all, this guy wont sweep, but he can cripple you after a few Bulk Ups, and if you allow him to do enough Bulk Ups, he could possibly sweep you.

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

My RU supporter

Xatu @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Night Shade/ Tailwind/ Psychic

*Magic Bounce Xatu is not as good as Espeon in my opinion, but it's still very good, extremely good in RU, anyways. It gets to protect my whole team from harm with Magic Bounce to stop Status and Hazards. It also gets to throw around 167 HP wishes, making it my second wish passer on my team along with Gardevoir. I give it Toxic to be able to badly damage opposing walls and teams, and Protect acts as stall for Toxic and recovery for Wish.*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Pretty standard scarf chomp, try fire blast somewhere.
    what move should i replace with fire blast....

Crunch .

Other than my own preference of Close Combat and Stone Edge over Sacred Sword and Rock Slide (that extra power really can matter), I'd consider either Rock Polish or HP Ice over Earthquake. Rock Polish gives you an extra boosting option against faster, frailer teams (where SD might fail), and Terrakion can afford to run only two offensive moves due to its excellent coverage and power. HP Ice, however, will allow Terrakion to destroy one of the few things standing in it's way: Gliscor. Even a Jolly Terrakion with no SpA investment will 2HKO 252/0 Gliscor with HP Ice when you have a Life Orb. Once you opponent's Gliscor is out of the way, Terrakion can have a field day with the opponent's team.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Other than my own preference of Close Combat and Stone Edge over Sacred Sword and Rock Slide (that extra power really can matter), I'd consider either Rock Polish or HP Ice over Earthquake. Rock Polish gives you an extra boosting option against faster, frailer teams (where SD might fail), and Terrakion can afford to run only two offensive moves due to its excellent coverage and power. HP Ice, however, will allow Terrakion to destroy one of the few things standing in it's way: Gliscor. Even a Jolly Terrakion with no SpA investment will 2HKO 252/0 Gliscor with HP Ice when you have a Life Orb. Once you opponent's Gliscor is out of the way, Terrakion can have a field day with the opponent's team.
    I wouldnt go with HP Ice on Terrakion, because Gliscor has one main pokemon that gets on his nerves, and that poke ends up synergizing very well with Terrakion; that Pokemon is Rotom-W. Hydro Pump with Choice Scarf will OHKO Gliscor nicely and it also takes Terrakions weakness to Ground, Water, yet does leave Grass, that is why I like to run Terrakion, Rotom-W, and a Defensive Meganium, in the sun, it works surprisingly nicely.

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Gengar is 110, Starmie is 115, genies are 111, Lati@s are 110, Espeon is 110. 111-129 is a bit of a dead-zone in terms of Speed. It seems like if you have Speed that is higher than 109, you're either 110, 130, or an Accelgor/Deoxys.

---

This is based off of a set an NPC ran that almost swept my going-through-the-game team. It might be effective in UU or possibly even OU.

Lilligant @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Teeter Dance
    - Quiver Dance
    - Petal Dance
    - Hidden Power

I'm not sure what kind of Hidden Power would give you the most coverage, but this thing is scary when it gets set up. Lead off with Teeter Dance, and then set up Quiver Dance while your opponent is confused for as long as you can. You can then spam Petal Dance endlessly, and you can't ever confuse yourself when the move ends thanks to Own Tempo. Hidden Power would be for coverage, but I'm not sure what type would be best.
    You're better off running Sleep Powder to incapacitate one of the opponent's pokemon, and also to get a free boost from Quiver Dance. As for the HP-typing, it's a choice between HP-Fire, HP-Ground, or HP-Fighting. Those all have decent coverage with Petal Dance, but they can't KO unless you have two QD boosts, though.
    Your Reuniclus isn't that great of a lead, as it can't do what it needs to do fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sharpedo View Post
    With a Metagame full of Politoeds; Poliwrath dosent get close to the amount of attention that it should actually get, even though it has low base stats, if you use him properly, he can be a very big asset in battle.

One of the best Poliwrath sets is a SubPunch set.

move 1: Substitute
    move 2: Focus Punch
    move 3: Waterfall
    move 4: Bulk Up
    item: Leftovers
    ability: Water Absorb
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe

Comments: This set works very nicely if you allow Wrath to get into a Sub and trigger of some Bulk Ups, then hitting hard with either STAB Waterfall or STAB Focus Punch.
    Also, with Lefties, you are able to refresh HP you lost when subbing in, which is nice because you will want enough power to sub again if the Sub fades out.
    So all in all, this guy wont sweep, but he can cripple you after a few Bulk Ups, and if you allow him to do enough Bulk Ups, he could possibly sweep you.
    It's not a bad set, and I can see you thought it out well, but I would make some suggestions.

I concede about the fact that Poliwrath doesn't have any good Fighting moves bar Focus Punch. Since you're under a sub, why not use Circle Throw. With Circle Throw being the fighting counterpart of Dragon Tail, you can phaze threats in and out, and with a boost from 1-2 Bulk Ups, it can do lots of damage while supporting your team through Phazing. However, your STAB combination makes it susceptible to WA Jellicent. Also, Salamence and Dragonite really resists this set, as Salamence can lower your attack just by switching in and Dragonite is bulky enough to survive just about anything you throw at it. So if you're going to use that set, make sure you can get rid of Jellicent and Flying/Dragon pokemon.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Or just use it in UU or RU...

Umm helooo. How's it goin'? here's a late-game sweeper for ya

Sceptile(M) @ Grass Gem
    Nature: Adamant
    Ev's: 252spd / 252atk / 4hp
    Ability: Unburden
    ~Leaf Blade
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Swords Dance

Basically I come in and Swords Dance if I know I can resist the opponents move, or use a gem boosted Leaf Blade which in turn will activate Unburden Doubling my speed to outspeed even sandstorm Excadrill. EQ and Rockslide give me that Edgequake type coverage.
    I'm gonna ing you all night long!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sharpedo View Post
    I wouldnt go with HP Ice on Terrakion, because Gliscor has one main pokemon that gets on his nerves, and that poke ends up synergizing very well with Terrakion; that Pokemon is Rotom-W. Hydro Pump with Choice Scarf will OHKO Gliscor nicely and it also takes Terrakions weakness to Ground, Water, yet does leave Grass, that is why I like to run Terrakion, Rotom-W, and a Defensive Meganium, in the sun, it works surprisingly nicely.
    That can be said about any Pokemon. And besides, if you're going to switch out, so will Gliscor. Then when you send Terrakion back out, Gliscor will come back out, and you've gone full circle.

The deal with Terrakion is that he's so powerful and he gets such great coverage with just his two STABs. Terrakion actually has one moveslot leftover on the boosting sets that could be a number of things. If you're not running a second boosting move, HP Ice is an excellent option. By nailing Gliscor as it switches in, you can kill it on the second attack and tear through your opponent's team. Besides, unless your team really needs the coverage offered by one of Terrakion's other main offensive options, there's really not much else that you're going to be hitting hard with a coverage move that Terrakion's STABs won't already be hitting hard enough or that is really common enough to worry about.

@grapes: fancy seeing you here , also regarding your set you need something that can hit steels... Try brick break somewhere.

Does anyone think that blaziken w/speed boost can pull off the protect sash set like this?

Blaziken@Focus Sash
    Adamant Nature
    Speed Boost
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    -Protect
    -Fire Punch
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Swords Dance

Pretty simple setup. Protect first turn, swords dance, protect. +2 Atk and +3 Spd can totally sweep just about anything. Fire Punch for fire STAB with no recoil like Flare Blitz, which would kill it if sash kicked in. Hi Jump Kick for its best fighting STAB move.
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

Yup and that's why he's banned to ubers.

@grapes: fancy seeing you here , also regarding your set you need something that can hit steels... Try brick break somewhere.
    Ummm I'm sure I saw somewhere that Ground can SE Steels. Now where was it?... Oh yeah, the game

XD, I totally read that too fast lol. For some reason I though you said return o_O, perhaps I need new glasses.

Good set though.

XD, I totally read that too fast lol. For some reason I though you said return o_O, perhaps I need new glasses.

Good set though.
    rofl thanks

heres another one

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Nature: Naive (+spd -Sdef)
    Ev's: 252spd / 188atk / 64Satk / 4hp OR 252spd / 252atk / 4hp
    Ability: Inner Focus
    ~ Swords Dance/Agility
    ~ Aura Sphere/Flash Cannon/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse/Drain Punch/Sky Uppercut
    ~ Extremespeed/Bullet Punch
    ~ Blaze Kick

Lucario has great stats in both attacking ranges so i decided to make him mixed but I want you opinion on this though. He has amazing statsgivingimmediate power even without a SD so I just SD/Agility whenever I have afree turn Slot 2 is what makes him mixed but I put some other options in incase I should change it. Slot 3 gives me some much needed priotityshould I not get an Agility in. Slot 4 gives me some much needed coverage.

oh and btw if you have a volcarona with QD, dual STABS, what should the last slot be?

Hmm nice, I would use dark pulse for the second slot, extreme speed for the third and close combat/HJK for the third. Then maybe work up for the first. That's the one I'm unsure on...

Page 101 of 185 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast