Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

And what about Volcarona?
    I'm gonna ing you all night long!

Well mine has psychic.

Edit: HP rock, electric or iceis good though.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Rotom-M @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 4 Sp Def
    -Leaf Storm
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power [Rock]
    -Volt Switch / Trick

The end-all-be-all answer to bulky Water types. Hit a Water/Ground type with STAB Leaf Storm and anything else with Thunderbolt. Hidden Power [Rock] covers Rotom-M's Fire, Ice and Bug weaknesses. Finally, Volt Switch lets you get a favorable matchup or Trick lets you cripple walls. The 252 Defense EVs allow it to wall Swampert and Quagsire, but more Sp Def bulk could be useful. I guess that's why I want it rated though.

Max HP instead or def and use bold nature, also definitely use trick over volt switch.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Max HP instead or def and use bold nature, also definitely use trick over volt switch.
    It's HP is so bad though. And why definitely Trick over VS?

Because rotor isn't powerful enough to sweep, what it does best is taking out Walls and tricks helps it do that.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeselord View Post
    Because rotor isn't powerful enough to sweep, what it does best is taking out Walls and tricks helps it do that.
    I just realized, I was thinking of Pain Split for some reason. Yeah, Trick is definitely better, you're right.

Its HP is less than half its Def/SpDef. Should I max that instead of the defenses?

Here is mine :3

Volcarona @I don't really know what to use xD
    Trait: Flame Body
    Timid (+Speed / - Attack[I know everybody here knows that is just a thing that i like n.nU)
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
    » Quiver Dance
    » Psychic
    » Flamethrower
    » HP Bug (Would be replace with Bug Buzz)
    Also is currently Level 61 n.nU
    Last edited by Xx_BS-TyKi_xX; 6th August 2011 at 1:51 AM.

The only thong I see is the choice of fire move. Also use a life orb for extra damage but anyways, you could use fiery dance for the sp attack boost, or fire blast for sheer power. It's really your choice.

Credits to bug pro for the banner

White FC: 2537-3909-0772

Quote Originally Posted by Mayu808 View Post
    The only thong I see is the choice of fire move. Also use a life orb for extra damage but anyways, you could use fiery dance for the sp attack boost, or fire blast for sheer power. It's really your choice.

Ok so I'm gonna replace Flamethrower with Fiery Dance when she reaches Lv 100 and add a Life Orb n__n Thank you

Zapdos
    -Toxic
    -Sky Drop
    -Thunderbolt
    -Roost
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

Not sure if Sky Drop is banned ._. If it is, tell me and suggest another Toxic-Stalling set :3

FC: 2022 2993 1000

Yes, Sky Drop is banned. Everything else looks solid though. Why 132/124 for the defenses though? Why not just 128/128 if you're going to make them so close like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post

Rotom-M @ Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
    - Leaf Storm
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    252 SpA is obvious. 164 Spe let's you outspeed all the Pokémon that EV to outrun the Jolly Tyranitar mark. The rest can be thrown into HP for taking hits better. And yeah, what Cheeselord said, always EV in HP before going into other defenses, especially if you have a low HP base stat. Volt Switch is way better than Thunderbolt for a choice set since it let's you keep the momentum in favor of your side. The drop in power doesn't matter at all when they bring in their Virizion to take the Thunderbolt, so being able to switch out with impunity is greatly appreciated. Trick is really useful too for crippling walls that come in like Blissey and Ferrothorn. Not to mention Volt Switch works really well in tandem with Trick. Hidden Power Fire works for straight up killing Ferrothorn who hardwalls you otherwise, but you have Heatran on your team so after you Trick the Ferrothorn you could just Volt Switch out to him. Thunderbolt can also be used for cleaning up late in the game and for whatever other reason.
    Last edited by Cometk; 6th August 2011 at 8:02 PM.

So here's mine

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge/ThunderPunch
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    252 SpA is obvious. 164 Spe let's you outspeed all the Pokémon that EV to outrun the Jolly Tyranitar mark. The rest can be thrown into HP for taking hits better.
    Thanks, Cometk. I'll take your suggestion. Just one thing, Smogon's writeup says to run 144 Speed, but that assumes a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs. I ran the calculations and figured I should maybe go even higher than what you said and go to 88/168 in order to hit an even 250. How much Speed is really "necessary" on him, and how much is superfluous?

While I'm posting, here's one more set.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    -Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Extremespeed
    -Morning Sun

Between the Life Orb and the recoil from Flare Blitz, he'd be 2HKOing himself, so Morning Sun is critical. Therefore, with Sun support, this is a proven effective sweeper and has been widely used. But I'm not running a sun team, so any Sun support would be coincidental. How well would this set function without Sun? Also, Intimidate or Flash Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by S k y View Post
    So here's mine

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge/ThunderPunch
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    The set looks solid except for the ability. It would only effect Thunderpunch, which you have as your second slash. Given how frail he is, Blaze would probably be better, as the Life Orb plus Flare Blitz recoil would bring you in that range pretty easily. I think Infernape is a little frail to be attempting to set up with either SD or Nasty Plot, but it's been proven effective, so go for it.

SD/NP infernape works very well if you can predict the switch

Ice Cold Fire

Galvantula@Life Orb
    Nature: timid
    EV's: 252 spe 252 sp. Atk 4 hp
    Ability: Compoundeyes

-Thunder Wave
    -Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Substitute/Energy Ball

This poke can Thunder wave to slow opponents and deal serious damage. Substitute is a great move and helps set up thunder wave. Energy ball owns water/ground types.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Maybe HP ice for the last move.

Could somebody help me on my Rain Tank Swampert set? I just bred and RC'ed this to 100 on my SS, so feel free to suggest SR, as I still have access to it. The set takes advantage of Swampert's typing, his natural bulk, and his high base 110 Attack.
    Swampert @Leftovers
    Brave
    Torrent
    252 HP/252 Attack/4 Def
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Hammer Arm/Stealth Rock
    Avalanche/Stealth Rock

Takes hits and deals them.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 98 Atk/160 Def/252 Spd
    -Shell Smash
    -Aqua Tail/Waterfall
    -Stone Edge
    -Earrthquake

With rain support, Shell Smash Tirtouga can actually be a threat even in OU. Waterfall is more accurate but Aqua Tail gives a bit more power (100% OHKO against Scarfed Tyranitar). Stone Edge is for a second STAB move while Earthquake is for coverage. The reason for 160 Def EVs is so Tirtouga can survive an Earthquake from an Adamant Excadrill.
    White FC: 2666 1919 1132

vandslaux: Looks solid, although Swampert is very outclassed this generation. That's probably about as good as Swampert is going to get, but Swampert isn't all that good anymore.

pseudo pro: Seems like Skill Link Cloyster still outclasses it. You're trying to make it bulky and defensive, and then break all those defenses so you can sweep. You should probably just pick one or the other; trying to overextend like that, expecially on a NFE Pokemon with Eviolite, will backfire more than it will work. Probably still usable, just not wise.

-----

Machamp @ Life Orb
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 Attack / 240 HP / 16 Special Defense
    -Dynamicpunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Stone Edge

This varies from the traditional Dynamicpunch Lead Machamp in 3 ways. Number one, it uses Life Orb over Lum Berry; I have the Life Orb available to my team (no one else on the team has claimed it yet) and I'd rather have more power over getting out of status, but I can change it if the Lum Berry is critical. Number two, the 4 EVs put into Speed to outrun "max Speed Blissey" according to Smogon's writeup are put into Attack so it maxes out to 252; this seems like a small change to me, and I need him to have as much brute strength as possible to make up for his other shortcomings. Number three, Fire Punch over Payback; Dark and Fighting gives unresisted coverage, and Machamp certainly has the Speed to utilize Payback, but I've been wracking my brain for the last few days trying to come up with something to fill the last slot on my team, and a physical Pokemon with access to the type combination Fighting-Fire-Ice-Rock is what I determined I need.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    Machamp @ Life Orb
    Ability: No Guard
    EVs: 252 Attack / 240 HP / 16 Special Defense
    -Dynamicpunch
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Stone Edge

This varies from the traditional Dynamicpunch Lead Machamp in 3 ways. Number one, it uses Life Orb over Lum Berry; I have the Life Orb available to my team (no one else on the team has claimed it yet) and I'd rather have more power over getting out of status, but I can change it if the Lum Berry is critical. Number two, the 4 EVs put into Speed to outrun "max Speed Blissey" according to Smogon's writeup are put into Attack so it maxes out to 252; this seems like a small change to me, and I need him to have as much brute strength as possible to make up for his other shortcomings. Number three, Fire Punch over Payback; Dark and Fighting gives unresisted coverage, and Machamp certainly has the Speed to utilize Payback, but I've been wracking my brain for the last few days trying to come up with something to fill the last slot on my team, and a physical Pokemon with access to the type combination Fighting-Fire-Ice-Rock is what I determined I need.
    This Generation as a lead, Machamp really does need Lumber Berry and Bullet Punch more than ever.

With Thundurous' and Tornadus' Prankster, Volcaron's Flame Bofy, and Breloom's Spore, Lum Berry pretty much has to be there.

Bullet Punch is one of Machamp's main niches as a lead. You will loose too many 2HKO's without it.

Also, you need to have a reliable 2nd attack for those Sub/Disable Gengar's that seem popular right now. If you really don't think you need Payback, you need Bullet Punch more than ever to not risk getting 2HKO'd.

Quote Originally Posted by jeyre80 View Post
    This Generation as a lead, Machamp really does need Lumber Berry and Bullet Punch more than ever.

With Thundurous' and Tornadus' Prankster, Volcaron's Flame Bofy, and Breloom's Spore, Lum Berry pretty much has to be there.

Bullet Punch is one of Machamp's main niches as a lead. You will loose too many 2HKO's without it.

Also, you need to have a reliable 2nd attack for those Sub/Disable Gengar's that seem popular right now. If you really don't think you need Payback, you need Bullet Punch more than ever to not risk getting 2HKO'd.
    He wouldn't actually be a lead. That concept, while still necessary for a more centralized team, isn't really still viable with Team Preview. He just is a strong, physical Pokemon that can learn Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Stone Edge and a STAB'd Fighting move; he's filling a hole in a team because there's nothing else I need to put there, so I'm covering some weaknesses. I'd be fine with changing the item if you still think that's necessary, but I don't know where I'd fit Bullet Punch, as all four of the moves are pretty necessary. Also, if I got SubDisabled, I'd probably just switch; no reason to be pitting a Machamp against a Gengar in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by D-World View Post
    Meet the best Troll EVER!

Trollslass.

Froslass @ Brightpowder/ Lum Berry
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    EVs: 252 Spe/ 100 Def/ 158 Sp. Def
    Nature: Timid
    -Spite
    -Thunder Wave
    -Pain Split
    -Blizzard/ Spikes/ Destiny Bond/ Substitute/ Toxic/ Confuse Ray/ Disable/ Taunt/ Double Team (for random battles)

*Froslass is Trolltastic! The Trolliest of Trolls with a side order of Troll. With Brightpowder and Snow Cloak, Froslass's base evasion is about the same as Stage 1, making it hard to hit. Now all it needs is a set of trolltastic moves! Well, let's start with Spite since it reduces the move last used by the opponent's PP by 4, which you usually know since Froslass has a base 110 Speed, which is very fast. If the opponent is faster, then cripple it with Thunder Wave, and if you're faster than it, Cripple it anyways, you're a Troll, goddammit! If you do eventually get hit, which you can probably take with your EVd Bulk, then use Pain Split to recover your lost HP and make your opponent lose theirs, double Trolltastic!

And now we come to the final move, the last slot that can be filled with endless possibilities of Trolliness. Blizzard can hurt alot in Hail, especially since it's STAB, Spikes makes a fun move to have and your opponent can't even Spin it away because of your perfect Troll typing. Destiny Bond is your option if you are subjected to dying, so you can take your opponent with you, like a good Troll should! Substitute blocks Status and deals with the occasional hit, it also allows more Pain Splitting. Toxic is very useful for Trolling around as it deals nicely with the opponent. Disable messes the opponent up badly. Taunt is to not get Taunted yourself, Confuse Ray acts as another Status that makes the opponent fume with rage when he hurts itself continuously (I find that it's very trolly since when the adversary doesn't hurt itself, it usually misses). Double Team is to ensure that the Trolling is perfect, but due to Evasion Clause it's not legal, but I use it in Random Matchup.*
    I'm bumping this up since the only rate it got was a comment about how Brightpowder was banned, and I'm not even sure it is...
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

If you're only using it for random match up, Brightpowder is fine. If it's by Smogon/PO's standards, than yes, it's banned. As for the moveset, I'd go with something along the lines of:

- ThunderWave
    - Spikes
    - Substitute
    - Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Blizzard

IMO, I prefer Ice Beam over SB and Blizzard, due to it hitting move things in the meta super effectively, and having more PP than Blizzard, which makes a difference against anything that wants to try and stall you in return. Also, if it's for Smogon tiers, I'd go with either Leftovers or Lum Berry as the item. Leftovers for obvious healing, and Lum for incase you get hit with a Toxic if they're lucky enough for you to be not subbed up and get it through your Snow Cloak hax. I think the EVs are fine as well~

Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast