Page 106 of 185 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4603

Thread: Competitive Single Rates (5th Gen Standard OU) - READ FIRST POST

Well fling only works once and after you use is you are major taunt bait, also whimsicott lols in your face.

Edit: and magic bouncers.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDoug View Post
    Hey guys, what's the best physical move for the aforementioned Amoonguss that nobody answered?
    Tbh, Amoonguss has no viable physical moves at all, I would run Clear Smog on it, because it stops set up sweepers very well, even if it's special and has no BP.

Quote Originally Posted by D-World View Post
    I use this to counter sand teams, specifiacally mons like Tyranitar and Excadrill.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/ 124 Def/ 132
    Nature: Bold
    -Clear Smog
    -Flamethrower
    -Pain Split
    -Will-O-Wisp
    *Weezing is so amazingly bulky, it's a shame he doesn't get access to good recovery (I'm forced to use Wish). With the EV spread he has, Weezing can take a Swords Danced Return from Excadrill and still be able to not die from Sandstorm damage the next turn. With Clear Smog, weezing can stop any non steel Pokémon from setting up, and if a Steel Pokémon comes, then Weezing can take it out with Flamethrower, and possibly Will-O-Wisp for the likes of Excadrill and Metagross, though you can use it for regular physical attackers too. As for Pain Split, it's a very risky recovery move, so I always pair Weezing with a powerful Wisher like Vaporeon.*

Speaking of Sand Teams, meet the future of Tanks:

Gigalith @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
    Nature: Careful
    -Curse
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Substitute/ Explosion
    *Sand Force Gigalith is the most destructive weather tank in history! Due to it's Rock typing, Gigalith's Special Defence is a whopping 393 in Sand, and after only one Curse, it's Defence and Attack are 444 and 460, respectively. This makes Gigalith a very bulky attacker, not to mention the Ability: Sand Force boosts the power of Ground, Rock and Steel moves by 33%, giving Earthquake 133 BP, and Stone Edge 199, factoring STAB, coupled with 460 Attack, Gigalith can take out almost anything that doesn't resist is and has enough Bulk to take the hits for it. The last move is a sort of filler. Substitute blocks Burn which is deadly for Gigalith, and it lets him use more Curses, whilst Explosion gets rid of almost anything with it's 250 Base Power, and it lets Gigalith finish tanking with a BANG.*
    Bumping this since no rates :^^
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

both of these seem to be good ideas its just the lack of decent recovery that is the problem.

Exactly, pain split is the best weezing gets and gigalith only gets rest.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

This is why I use a Wish Vaporeon, the standard set so I won't post it here.

But I did find a fun Tank!

Regirock @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
    Nature: Careful
    -Curse
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Drain Punch
    *Another Sand Tank. With an unboosted 436 Defense and 492 Special Defense in the Sand, Reigrock only needs something to boost his Attack stat and a Recovery move (someday it will get Recover, just check the pokédex entry). The only move Regirock can get that boosts it's attack stat is Curse, which isn't bad since it boost it's Defense aswell in exchange for lowering it's useless speed. And for recovery, we can go for Drain Punch. Now we have two movelots left. So we throw in STAB Stone Edge and Earthquake for Edgequake coverage.*

Now I know that Regirock doesn't get acceptable recovery either, but at least it's better than Gigalith is.
    Have a nice day

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Does clear body prevent your speed from being lowered by curse?

Full explanations:

Clear Body prevents stat reduction caused by another Pokémon's move or Ability (but not stat increases, such as Swagger or Flatter). Stat reductions can only be caused on Pokémon with this Ability if they are self-inflicted, such as from moves like Superpower or Hammer Arm.

Clear Body does not prevent stat reduction as a side effect from paralysis or burning. Clear Body does not prevent stat losses caused by Heart Swap, Guard Swap, Power Swap, Guard Share and Power Share.
    Have a nice day

Oh OK. So it prevents stuff like intimidate and charm.

Yep, but Curse still does lower it's speed. But it's not as if it was going to outspeed anything anyway.

This reminded me of another Regi-Set I have.

Registeel @ Muscle Band/ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Sp. Def
    Nature: Adamant/ Brave
    -Substitute
    -Curse
    -Hammer Arm
    -Shadow Claw
    *This Registeel set inevitably wrecks anything in TR. Curse is the ultimate move for TR Registeel, boosting it's Attack to deal more Damage, boosting it's Defense to rival the EVed Special Defense for bulkiness, and lowering speed to make it faster (in TR). Now for the Moves: Hammer Arm is a very powerful attack that lowers Speed even more, and Shadow Claw gives Registeel perfect coverage.*
    Have a nice day

I would max HP instead of spdef.

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Ice Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Toxic
    - Blizzard
    - Stockpile
    - Substitute/Surf
    My attempt at a Stallrein set. No clue what I'm doing, nor do I care. This is for a hail team. Any suggestions on how to effectively stall?

Change stockpile to protect.

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 Defense / 76 Special Defense
    - Nasty Plot
    - Slack Off
    - Scald
    - Psychic / Psyshock

I need a specially defensive wall that is either x0.5 or 0.25 resistant to Ice. I need either comments on this one, or suggestions for something better. With the given EV spread, Slowking can survive Conkeldurr's Payback (at full power), Latios' Draco Meteor, or even Thundurus' Thunderbolt. Nasty Plot is his big leg up on Slowbro, who is more physically defensive than specially defensive, and lets him hit hard even with no EV investment. Slack Off and Regenerator can keep him alive as long as I need. Scald gets STAB and can burn, helping his Defense, and Psychic also gets STAB and hits Conkeldurr and such. Psyshock is another option, but Psychic seems like it would help more in this case. Fighting types tend to be more physically defensive, and would be hurt more by Phychic.

i decided to see what i could do with another random pokemon so this time its:

@life orb/leftovers
    timid, super luck
    252 Sp.atk, 252 spd, 4 Hp
    -nasty plot
    -dark pulse
    -hidden power fighting
    -roost/heat wave

a nasty plot sweeper using dark pulse as stab, hidden power fighting gives perfect coverage and heatwave for stronger hits on some or roost for recovery.

@chaosblizzard That looks pretty good! I can't see any problem! Psychic would be better over Psychic in this case for more damage against conk.

------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to think of a rain strategy for my event Raikou.

Raikou@Life Orb
    Nature: Rash
    EV's: 252 sp. atk 252 spe 4 hp
    Ability: Pressure

1. Thunder
    2. Weather Ball
    3. Aura Sphere
    4. Magnet Rise/Substitute/????

He is for a weather team. Thunder is 100% accurate, weather ball gets rain boosts, Aura Sphere nails tyranitar, The last slot i'm not sure about and i need some help with. Thanks!

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

^ Calm Mind for the last move. Magent Rise is okay too. You can't have Hidden Power Ice on it right? If you can then replace Weather Ball for it

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    @chaosblizzard That looks pretty good! I can't see any problem! Psychic would be better over Psychic in this case for more damage against conk.
    Really, you think Psychic would be better than Psychic? Because I was thinking Psychic might be the better choice...

Lol. Pichu, you always have funny things to say.

Rapidash
    -Flame Charge
    -Flare Blitz
    -Megahorn
    -Wild Charge
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

Hitmontop
    -Bulk Up
    -Close Combat
    -Sucker Punch
    -Rest
    Item Attached: Chesto Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    Last edited by SazandoraMASTER; 13th August 2011 at 2:47 AM.

FC: 2022 2993 1000

Ambipom@Normal Gem
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 spe 252 atk 4 hp
    Ability: Techition

-Fake Out
    -U-turn
    -Taunt
    Doubleslap/Acrobatics

He is an epic anti lead. Fake out with boosted power first turn. Taunt the second. You can then use u-turn to get outta there or use one if the two attacks.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Double hit for the last move.

Also @sazandoramaster: rapidash looks fine but in hitmontol I would chance close combat to Mach punch and use technician. That way you beat excadrill. Also you put for the EVs, 252 HP, 252 HP. I assume one if those is meant to be 252 atk by it may be spdef which I would recomend.

Scrafty @Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    -Dragon Dance
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -ThunderPunch
    -Crunch
    Such an awesome DD physical sweeper. Just a few DD's and you can sweep anyway. Hi Jump Kick does really awesome with the power of life orb, STAB, and however many times you've used DD. Crunch gives it good coverage and STAB. ThunderPunch for enough more coverage.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

Typically Scrafty runs Ice Punch instead of Thunderpunch, but if you need an Electric type attack for whatever reason, I don't think that's a dealbreaker.

It is good if your team struggles with gyarados, otherwise ice punch is better.

once again im here looking at random pokemon for interesting setups, so heres another

evolite, adamant, 252 Hp, 48 Def, 208 Sp.def, clear body
    -rest
    -sleep talk
    -meteor mash
    -earthquake

a slow and steady tank with good defenses and good typing, rest is recovery, sleep talk to allow attacking then meteor mash is stab and earthquake provides best coverage

Why not, it's as viable as any.

Page 106 of 185 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast